/hou/ - The next days

Previous Thread: What a successful run, saw many new faces and some great cars too. Loved the enthusiasm we all had for the run. Some of ya'll took a leave right after the meetup on Happy Teahouse and I think some even got lost or didn't contact again while heading to the run location, well you missed a lot of fun. The road was absolutely gorgeous and all our
cars together running in a straight line looked beautiful with nothing but the noise of our engines. The woods were dark with no street lights with just our high beams and once with the cop's flashing lights. I'm glad most of us made it to the starting point, hope to see ya'll next time!

There were some complaints about many things such as: lack of information on direction, speeding, leaving others behind, and even meeting at the wrong places. Look at the previous thread for more details. Changes will come but some of you really need to keep checking the thread to know what's going on.

and to..THE NEWS:

GS400 has got the stickers ready, some of ya'll can meet him up to get it or perhaps get them on a mini meet.

The Fast and The Furious has a one time showing on the 22nd, more information on this post
//

If you have any ideas or suggestions, please feel free to share. /hou/ has grown in numbers exponentially so we need to start being more organized in the way we do things.

Links:

New to /hou/ or want some updates? Add yourself into the roster if you haven't already.
> docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g8SQlAr_V43jeOt92yPrh0GXDmMcI2SYGbm3xP-XJkM/edit#gid=0

Missed out on the meet? Check out the pictures then.
> dropbox.com/sh/9kqqo9iawlhqq0h/AADG1-wnZGAv22PqzoB4zZX4a?dl=0

Make sure you download the app "Zello" and join the group /hou/
This is our form of communication when on the road, it's a walkie talkie app for iPhone and Android
> zello.com/channels/k/enuwI

Other urls found in this thread:

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5617320857.html
partycity.com/product/glow sticks.do?from=Search&oq=glow sticks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also:

At times it's hard to anticipate when you will arrive at the meet location, so if you're coming from afar leave a bit early then. We generally stay at the meeting location for an hour,
so that should give you enough time.
Keep checking the threads for updates, especially the last few hours before meeting.
We do roll calls before meeting up so we know who to expect.
Once we are out on the road, the group WILL be divided for many reasons such as traffic, speed, different routes
so make sure you are ready for those things. If some people are really behind, the lead group will usually drive the
speed limit, this should give you enough time to catch up. If you're not comfortable with driving too fast because of
cops or some other reasons, stick to a slower group. There will always be speeders, cruisers and the ones who are both.
Since we have a large crowd now, I think we should arrange the groups before we leave just to be on the safe side.

I'm glad someone's willing to put in the effort for a detailed OP, I usually start most of them but haven't had a lot of energy lately. Glad to see the dedication.

Another thing I've noticed is, since we tend to hit bump limit really fucking quickly once we get any sort of semblance of momentum in conversation, we tend to quickly forget good or interesting ideas that were posed in the previous thread because "out of sight, out of mind." Someone (and I'll try to do it too) should build the master list of previous threads and comb through them, because I know for a fact we've had at least half a dozen really good ideas that have just never been touched on again because a new thread was made shortly after.

>it takes this picture for me to realize just how shit my posture is

Jesus Christ.

Thanks m8, I want the links part to become a sticky for future threads. Generally I like that layout, it might have been you who started with "the news" which I thought was a great idea.

Also insomnia so can't sleep. Got a lot going in my mind right now, what new to add to /hou/, how to keep things organized, preventive maintenance costs on the SC, and ofc whatAmIDoingWithMyLife.flac. Which reminds me, I'm a fool to not setup the tripod in my passenger seat and record the run, maybe it would showed up real nice.. shit

Yeah sorry about, for this one I just wanted to make a nice layout just so we can stick to some standard for newer threads. It will make us look more organized and might even help some people if they can't find certain things in the thread.

That's a good idea of having a master list, it will take sometime though to go through them all. Losing the momentum of interesting conversations in the previous threads sometimes makes the new threads quite boring.

kek

>Also insomnia so can't sleep. Got a lot going in my mind right now, what new to add to /hou/, how to keep things organized, and ofc whatAmIDoingWithMyLife.flac

Pretty much in the same boat.

So much to accomplish, so many scattered thoughts.

I think one big thing that'll have to be addressed soon, if numbers keep increasing the way they do, is reconciling everyone's differing visions for the group. I think initially no one even believed we could build enough interest to even make a meet at all, but by the first meet we already had different ideas of where we wanted it to end up.

Of course you're always going to have your casual crowd that will see this as nothing more than a silly Veeky Forums meet that acts as a surrogate for more normie meets, and they're not much interested in any deeper activities, but I know there are a handful of participants who want a more serious and focused underground network for hype thrills, and I don't see the two coexisting well, especially if we have people complaining about not being able to keep up to 5,000 lb land barges at 90 mph.

Which is why I've always supported the proposal of split teams. One team for the people who just want to be the "lol so WAT" and just want to chillax, and a team for those who want to go maximum overdrive together, and of course having overlap where applicable.

I know no one wants to create division, but the bigger we get with no plan, the more likely we are to cultivate division naturally anyway, so may as well plan around it.

Got my gang sticker.

Where do you senpai even go for a nice drive in Houston?

Out of Houston.

Yea I guess we do have different opinions about that, I just think having divisions might just unnecessarily divide people. The way I see it is, you wanna go for a cruise, post it on the thread, you want to do a serious run, post it on the thread then. Those who want to do runs will do those runs, but I think monthly meets can just be divided into groups of people who want to cruise or speed right before we leave the meeting location even if it means we are doing the same run.

Sure, there will always be people who are here for the casual meet ups, relaxing or even cruising, which is totally fine, but as I said, if you wanna do it, post it on the thread and see if anyone hits you up. I just I have this fear that once we start labeling, we will see less of each groups and perhaps that might just break /hou/ and even make the conversations less interesting.

Now here's something, we can just get the numbers of those who want to do high speed toegays and contact each other about it and plan it out ourselves. Then again, those things should be posted on the thread just in case anyone is interested...

Obviously all this is pure speculation and there's no telling what will happen and how things will end up. Seeing that there are so many aut/o/ fags here makes me wonder how large of a group we can get. I think we actually might be the highest numbered group from all Veeky Forums meets. Which is great because that means there is high potential in this city. I kinda want /hou/ to evolve by itself without any sudden forces, see how things go ya know. But hey, I might be wrong, perhaps going with the division route is better. We should talk about it in the thread later on see what everyone thinks about it. I should try to get some sleep now...

A lot of police near memorial park, but it's a nice place if you want to go for a cruise..at speed limit.. Other than that.. just like said, go outside of Houston.

ヒューストン - Hyūsuton

I've never seen so many disheveled beta males in one place.

Need to get one of these!

Here we have the species homoerectus-poster, also known as Calicuck.

Have you tried looking in the mirror?

No but I have a jaw line and have shirts that aren't dirty t shirts. Also my pants fit and I have picked up girls in public in the past.

Still can't go to sleep, I updated the dropbox since some of the files were still in RAW.NEF format, now they are all jpg so they should show up.

>implying everything I wear isn't new

ignore Cali posters
hide Cali threads
don't reply to caliposts

famalam

DAT DRAGON SHIRT DOEEE

Was he the trap?

Unless the trap was Crosstour's companion, no one there was passable as female.

>Calicucks literally this threatened by Hou supremacy

3 S2ks now?! dam man. They're growing.

That's me in the dragon shirt and, no, I'm not a trap.

I wear a suit and tie every day; that's one of my wrenching shirts.

We need to know Crosstour, was your friend the trap?

We really do need to cool it on the speed on 290 though. Not only is that road beat to shit and an active construction zone, y'all forgot that convertibles with the top down have drag like a motherfucker. I've hit 115 in my Miata with the top up before with little problem, but with the top down it took everything it had to keep up with the S2K at 105.

I know I'm not exactly driving a 1.6 NA Miata, but I was cruising pretty well with the group on 290 until a truck cut in front of me. After that I had to go 120+ just to catch up lel. No complaints though, I had fun.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

YOU SICKOS ACTUALLY BRING TRANSFREAKS OUT IN PUBLIC.

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO KNOW YOU WILL
>never feel the touch of a woman
>Have to get your little nerd friends to put on a wig and "take one for the team"
> never reproduce
>hope, at best, that people won't publicly express thier inner disgust.
>Die alone

God damn if I couldnt get laid and had to dress up my buddy like a girl I'd off myself pretty fucking quick.

sounds like you have autism

No I am a socially confident 7/10 who knows how to talk to women and dress himself. I'm so much better than a deranged shut-in lover of transfreaks. Written from this sluts bed I banged last night

yep, autism

Who wants to go halfsies on this car?

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5617320857.html

I'll put in $500.

What, you think Chad doesn't have a phone with Clover? It's current year and guess what bitch boy? This isnt your gay little /wizchab/ safe space

You also had your top up.

With the top down, I was hitting about the same on 149 with even smaller stretches to get up to speed. That being said, I'm at about double the HP of that 1.6, so i can undersand why you would be frustrated trying to cruise at 110+.

>going 120 on us290
y'all niggas crazy

120 isn't even that fast.

I'm intrigued. What're your skills?

Hmm what's the catch it seems cheap for the condition

Tell that to the DPS pulling you over or the minivan merging with no acceleration lane. I wanted to check one of these meets out but I can't afford doing irresponsible stuff like that.

Then don't. Idk why y'all think that just because someone else is doing it you have to as well. Drive at your own pace, only once we reach our run spot then you can get ready to push the pedal all the way. Besides, if THAT is the reason why you didn't come then it's better off you don't come to /hou/ meets, you seem like a person who will blame others for things and whine about things because they aren't going your way. We don't want that kind of bullshit here.

It's true, some/hou/ is always lurking at other threads.

>DPS
>minivan with no acceleration lane

What is strength in numbers, and what the fuck is the left lane for?

Pic related is the last time I was pulled over when I was in a big cruise with my friends. Nobody got a ticket.

>strength in numbers
That might work on HPD but DPS will literally pull all you fuckers over at once. They do multiple car stops all the time.

I'm old enough to remember the 2004 street racan bust and need my license clean for work. I cant be associating with people that drive double the limit on a mostly two lane, mostly construction, mostly busy road.

If you don't want to go fast, just don't go fast. I'm sure there will be people that want to be in the slow group.

>still no one using the FUCKING ROSTER SHEET CMON GUYS WHAT THE FUCK

I'd love higher resolution of this to use as a desktop if you would be so kind.

>went to first meet
>had a fucking blast
>last two major meets gf's car shit the bed one hour before I'd have to leave
>I've been out of the loop so long I doubt anyone remembers me

Maybe I'm not fit for the car scene.

No sweat m8.

When your ready to live and be witnessed let us know.

Dude, get the fuck out of here and get back on Veeky Forums. We're not here for clothes.
If you want to talk shit, take it to either a Cali thread or another board.

Love the stickers. I'll try to get to a meet with everyone as soon as I can.

Okay, bud.

At least you've been to one meet, user.

I almost have enough money to buy a shit box now. :^)

I will fight you irl

Breh when can I get my sticker

t. Black s-two-thousand

If you want a sticker before the fnf meet or the mini meet or next meet send me a pm on zello

I know crown Vic's top out at 150 and all but they get there really fucking slowly you know that right?

If we're going 100+ then the Vic has to catch up from a DIG. Not to mention the inevitable wheel spin.

Tell me, exactly, how someone is going to pull over 20 cars in the middle of the night.

Then don't?

Then just stick with the cruisers. That's literally what they're for: for the people who want to make the run but don't want to risk wrecking/a speeding ticket. The MG never broke the speed limit and nobody gave a shit.

This isn't some chickenshit game with nothing on the line. We're talking 1-ton vehicles moving at high rates of speed, where fucking up can see your car wrecked at best and you fucking dead at worst. If you don't want to take that risk, nobody is going to fault you for it and nobody is going to make you break into triple-digit speeds.

I'll grab one at the FnF meet
Shit's gonna be fucking cash

I don't know who you are, I don't know what you want, but I will find you, and I will agree with you.

That is probably the thing we need the most work on. There wasn't a cohesive "cruiser" group, it was just the people who got left behind at the tail end of the pack. I think a lot of the complaining we're seeing post-meet is from the people who might have gone in the cruiser group, but felt they had to go outside their comfort zone to try and keep up with everyone going 100+ to not get lost.

We just need to set that group up beforehand and designate a leader for it so people can pack up with them if they want.

>We're talking 1-ton vehicles
Nigger please. I'm the only one here with a vehicle that weighs anything near 1-ton.

Got a reply from the seller.

"It's a project it does start and runs but needs work tires it does have rust.. for the money you're getting a pretty good car I believe"

Really want to buy it, but don't know if I can put the full $900 down right now. I'd pay back whoever chips in, and make copies of the key. Could be a crew car of sorts.

The important thing is that you don't fuck around with cars if you don't think you've got the skill to do it. The penalties are too great if you fuck up.

I guess we should start building a list of ragequitters?

>Herbie/Beetle
>C-Section/Crosstour

h/o/u community project car anyone?

You know that a lot of vehicles, especially older vehicles, are governed to 110 or 115, right?

Including mine. It's not that fast on a highway once you get there.

Mine is limited to 115 by drag with the top up, 105 with the top down.

I'm willing to spearhead the cruisers group. That's what my cars are built for. I also tend to have enough tools and spare parts in the trunk to fix most issues, should need be.

I'm intrigued. See me at the FnF meet and we'll discuss it.

It's either you or Brit, since the two of you have the most distinctive cars.

These are some good ideas. I think one more idea we can add is that we have both designated party leaders for the respective groups, and then decide on a designated caboose as well. It's just as important to know who's at the tail end to maintain maximum cohesion.

This way you can just radio the caboose for a sitrep, and he can literally see everyone in front, so it's easier to catch people who are getting lost, splitting off, or if the caboose is falling behind.

>150
that is the biggest pile of horseshit ive ever heard. Civilian Vics are limited to 110, PI models are 120 except for a brief streatch in the early 2000's where they could touch 130, but at those speeds you start generating too much lift on the front end to make it a good idea.

You can't outrun a radio.

>literally any Houston area cop is cucked unless he calls for backup or initiates pursuit

By the time we split off, he has to choose one to follow. 1 in 25 odds.

We should get some kind of distinctive lighting to make it easier to identify which cars in the pack are ours too.

A glow stick or something.

Pretty sure I can pick up a pack of them from Party City and we can tape them to the cars. The glow lasts at least one night.

Apologies to whoever cares about clearcoat or finish.

Which color would be most distinctive under the orange glow of the street lamps?

That kind of cohesion is really only needed on the run itself, and when we're doing that we don't need identification. The fact you're part of the pack is ID enough. Afterwards, we just need to set a post-meet point so we all know where to join back up.

That's another thing we need to work on: the post-run was a cockup. When we got told to git from the gas station, people said move over to the Wal-Mart parking lot to coordinate, but then everyone just tore off down SH6 back to Houston.

Blue is orange's complement.

That's what happened at the first meet too.

RIP BRZ

I'm actually not totally averse to the glowstick idea myself, it is fairly subtle and effective

>people said

That's the thing, no one heard anything on Zello, so there was a breakdown of communication. Maybe it was a decision made outside of group consultation.

Also, what he said. We seemed to have messed it up in that regard at meets #1 and #3, but #2 we actually had good and understandable checkpoints. We need to bring that system back.

People agree unanimously on which spot we stop at so everyone can regroup as needed. Depending on the length of the run, 2-3 checkpoints/rally points.

everyone being on zello is a big deal too and needs to happen

Phones sometimes stop working properly, so we can't rely on Zello for everything.

Also with tops or windows down at 100+ speeds, it's nigh impossible to hear or be heard over Zello.

>yfw there were still at least 3+ people without Zello

I'm not even that mad (although a little), but how is that even possible? It was mentioned like three times per thread, then mentioned like 5 times at the departure point. You have to be *trying* to be this obtuse.

Crown Vic at least doesn't have a smartphone.

That too. Zello is of limited use when you can't hear anything or be understood if you try and speak over it. And that's if you even have signal; a bunch of us lost signal for a while during the run.

We'll need two sticks for each car at the least. One front and one back so we can quickly identify if someone is falling behind or identify the group in traffic if we fall behind.

There are shortcomings, but I seriously can't think of a more cost effective solution. Actual two-ways are $20 a pair at their cheapest, and they have limited range.

Open to suggestions.

I have a Baofeng UB5R. It's pretty great.

You can program it to listen in on TDCJ's radios if you're near a prison.

Good thing they're cheap as all fuck:

partycity.com/product/glow sticks.do?from=Search&oq=glow sticks

I'm not saying "We need something better", I'm saying that Zello has inherent shortcomings that we need to keep in mind while using it.

Some time this week we should get a couple guys out there with multiple colors of glow stick to see which ones work the best under the lighting conditions of Houston's freeways.

Grey camry user here

She finally died after my dad fucked her up. Lasted over 500k miles, died a few days ago. I planned to replace her with something more comfy, but I'm going to have to get something sooner. In the meantime my mom is letting me drive her old Nissan Rogue.

I hope to get to one of these meets, since /hou/ seems to be getting more organized.

Willing to volunteer my car for glow stick experiments. Let me know when.

FR/Ss are hugely discounted due to the Scion badge being phased out if you're looking for something new.

H-Town, hol' it down.

Hou never dies. Crew never dies.

Hope to see you at #4.

I'm glad I'm wrong about that one