Anyone help me out (buying new car)

So i'm thinking of buying a new car, went to the second hand dealership today and saw this, i'm sure it's an upgrade since i currently drive a yaris (don't judge too hard, i'm 18) So yeah, if any one can drop any wisdom on it that would be great, also specs and model would be appreciated.

another shot

Save your money to move out of the UK before you get bombed

This.

If you weren't living in that shithole you could buy a big V8 and afford not only fuel, but insurance too.

haha I wish, i'm making do though.

You have enough money right now to move somewhere that isn't fucking horrible.

Australia, New Zealand, Canada, all good choices. Some eastern european countries are actually really gud, too.

not so easy, in college studying engineering, trust me I'll be gone as soon as i can

>Australia
>isn't fucking horrible

Then save your money and don't spend it on a shitbox hatchback.
Finish your shit and use the money you've saved to get the hell out.

Riddle me this: 6k for the car. How much would insurance be? 2000 a year?
So lets say you're a magician and pay 7k britbongs for everything to get it on the road.

For that same money (including insurance) in aus, you could have something making over 400rwhp reliably, all while getting paid a half decent wage with no thought crime cameras everywhere or muslims raping your future children

Stay away from melbourne and sydney and it's fine.

It's like a fucking free paradise compared to the UK.

This is going south all of a sudden. Stay on topic please

There is no topic.

It's a boring FWD shitbox that costs way too much and adds extra ties to a shit country.

>durr hurr every one needs to buy a fucking racecar and live in socal dduurr

durr hurr OP already has a boring FWD shitbox, dickhead. A newer one is pointless.

That is a 1.6 petrol, much safer bet than the diesel models which are to be avoided like the plague as a second hand purchase. Lots of very expensive potential issues.

1.6 isn't the most impressive engine in a reasonably heavy car, but if you aren't overly fussed about driving and just want it to get you around it will be just fine.

Has an advisory on its last MOT for the engine management light being on and a leaking exhaust, I would want both of these issues sorted before purchase. It is a common enough car so walk away if they don't budge.

Besides that, take it for a drive and make sure it goes through the gears fine / doesn't judder under braking or at speed etc. Check tyres (depth, same brand across axles at the least), check all fluid levels, and get an HPI check done. Make sure the clutch doesn't judder or slip and that there are no funny noises when you press the pedal down.

Decent enough cars, can't go far wrong.

thanks for that! Yeah i'm gonna talk with the sellers and come to a conclusion.

>durr dur everyone needs to buy rwd and drift in a fucking touge or burgerring hurr

I don't live in England, I live in Shetland (island off the north of Scotland. We basically have none of the issues that the rest of the UK, desu we are a bunch of racists so it works out a lot better.

Dude what's wrong with a Yaris? People I know who have them seem to love them. Keep saving until you can get a genuine, inarguable upgrade. Or move to burgerland and get some cheap V8 freedom.

Fucking hell, Veeky Forums is much worse than usual today

you're probably right it certainly does the job. But the thought of owning a car below 100 BHP is just upsetting

Power to weight nigga.

To be honest that Astra won't be much faster, it is a heavy car. It will be more comfortable and nicer to drive, but it is no speed machine.

Well the current car is a yaris SR 1.3, would it really b e that much different?

According to the official figures, your Yaris hits 60 in 11.7 seconds and does 109mph.

The Astra 1.6 does 60 in 11.3 and 117mph.

So no, not much difference.

Ah, well that's that concluded