Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Flighty fuck edition

>News
-capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2016/07/28/monster-hunter-generations-2016-tour-kicks-off-in-toronto-on-aug-6th
-gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
-siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Switch Axe is best weapon.

Can confirm.

>Food weapons have -40% affinity
Why though?

Turns room in celebration of me getting into HR. Gonna try to get plessi armor because I am an aerial shitter.

65-6529-5104-7820

>fighting plessi enough to make its armor

Good luck, user

Have you ever been hit with food?

no fun allowed with your fun weapons user
we cant be having too much of that now can we

longer hunts mean longer fun

Not recently

qtπ

>MH Portable was just a port of MHG.
Which is, in itself, anomalous compared to any other generation.

>A lot of features from Dos were dropped and went to Frontier
Features, yes, content, not so much. The only monster that got dropped going from Dos to Portable 2 was Yama Tsukami.

>More like the other way around. Portable 3rd added back the missing content
I meant across the generation. P3rd essentially nixed half the Leviathan species along with underwater combat. It obviously added a lot more than it took away, if you count the 1st/2nd-gen stuff.

>3G took all of P3rd features essentially
Again, features yes, content no. From P3rd to 3U, we lost Akantor, Ukanlos, Amatsu, Tigrex, and even Bulldrome. It's enough lost monsters to be worth mentioning, but not enough for it to seem like the difference between the 4U and Gen rosters.

Why is this game so stingy with Dragonite ore?

Post LBG sets I can copy please.

It can be tough to find in LR, i usually sent out my meownster hunters to volcano for it.
It's easy to get in HR, though.

Post Lance sets I can copy please.

>Start up 4u just to compare how some of the weapons feel compared to gen
>Game runs at like 5x the framerate and seems to have at least some form of AA which gen does not

How much better does Gen run on the new 3ds?
Does it load faster?
Better framerate?
I don't even have an XL
Tiny screen and no circle pad is hell.

The same as any other blademaster weapon you dunce. Sol meme.

Because you are in Low Rank.

Guess I have to go ahead and rank up. I was too busy collecting Switch Axes because fuck it.

Do you guys prefer fighting the Gigginox or the Khezu?

Barrage Earing
Ex Brach everything else.
Haphazard just from tali
3x thrift 2
2x salvo 1
1x thrift 1

Ammo Saver
Load Up
Trueshot Up
Bonus shot

(Weapon with 3 slots)

>Play gunner
>Make 1 mistake
>Have 2 chug 2 mega potions

>Switch to blademaster
>Damage doesn't fall off as soon I run out of ammo/coatings
>Get hit just as much but have to use 1/4 of the potions

Why include gunner weapons if you hate them so much Capcom?

Khezu, but only with a weapon that can safely hit him while he's doing his electric AoE thing.

Incidentally it was my exact reason for getting to HR4.

>thinking about commissioning a pic of my hunter crazy in heat due to the smell of Volvidon's soiling attack

Maybe I should take a break from monhun

Yep, if you get turned on by volvi stench you have something wrong with you. Instead get turned on by futa zinogre's knot.

Do it nigga

Not that it's a problem, I'm itching to fight some new guys anyway, but I'm also trying to get my AESTHETICS in order. I'm fighting Brachydios right now so I can get his axe. I fucking love Brachy by the way, this dude is so much cooler than Zinogre it hurts.

Khezu doesn't force you to pack antidotes and you can hit it off the walls in 4U but they're both absolute shit desu

Well it is a pretty deliberate problem if you want to upgrade more than a couple weapons.

>this dude is so much cooler than Zinogre it hurts.
Nah man, they've both got style.

I know, it's just that she got hit as soon as the cool drink expired, so I imagined her post fight, covered in his dirt, sweating like crazy.

I might. She's even wearing nargacuga's set now, it's almost begging for it

Zinogre has too much style for his own good, trying to Rey Mysterio all over the place. I like his stomps though, the animation is very deliberate and powerful feeling.

Oh I mean getting to HR4 isn't a problem, I can stomp my way up there easily. But collecting shit is a serious problem yes.

Bow of Light & Courage

How does one increase the quantity of items you make? Don't tell me I have to do every combo one by one.

I did this back in FU. I was so disappointed when I made all of it and realized it looked like one of those vacuum fetish suits.

Hold A

One by one, yes. Certain items though, like generic ammo sometimes generate more than one item per combine. Hold A.

Hold down the A button

Frogs are best. When new frogs? What kind of frog do you want.

Hold A for multiples, to guarantee the maximum per combination (for the ones that have the chance like ammo) gem in combo plus.

I want a turtle monster.
Unless it already exists and i'm forgetting.

I want the next flagship monster to be a big, badass frog. Or for it to be a "hidden" badass type like Deviljho or Rajang.

Gravios

I'm sure you could put a big shell on the frog skeleton and it would work pretty well. It might be perfect, in fact.

I want to see Great Zamtrios. Maybe a Zamquadros.

Tartaronis

oh shit

I want to get back into Horning, but I can't for the life of me decide on a goddamn horn to make. Tigrex is good, right? I don't want to farm any deviants for one, and I don't have enough parts for Akantor right now.

How the fuck am I supposed to unlock Haste Rain III? I did it twice, once before I unlocked Haste Rain II and once again after because I thought I might have to do it sequentially, but I didn't get anything after.

unlock your HR and talk to the ace gunner in bherna

I wanna see more crabs
I wanna see more frogs
I wanna see more bugs
I wanna see more snakes
I wanna see more spiders
I wanna see more leviathans
I wanna see more new stuff
I wanna see more of anything that isn't a flying wyvern or a furry

another rath variant, you say?

Obsidian is good

Cringe.

Can I solo HR7 nakarkos with a pierce HBG in a reasonable time? Where should I be aiming?

>I wanna see more of anything that isn't a flying wyvern or a furry
>cringe
well that makes you a furry
fuck off

cringe this *unzips dick*

But then I need to make a Sharpness set and ehhhhhhhh.

I guess it doesn't really matter. You'd probably spend most of your time in blue anyways, eh? As long as I manage Razor Sharp.

>snakes
>spiders
Throw in scorpions too. Wyverns are cool, but more of those three would be awesome.

Is Earplugs really that much better than Critical Up (L) for boomerang prowler?

I know you're referring to Zinogre when you say furry, but that classification honestly needs a new member. I wouldn't mind some kind of monster that abuses and expands upon Zinogre's breakdancing tendencies.

Could do without more crabs, though. Shogun left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't want to see another grab for the rest of my life.

>Not wanting to see more mammals
I'm talking shit like Gammoth and the apes. A rhinoceros would be nice. I'd say hippo but Nibelsnarf more or less has that covered.

I was also talking about everything that uses the conga skeleton

Oh, then fuck that. No more monkeys.

>Finish my Gammoth HR Set

HEAVY AERIAL BOWSHITTING BEGINS.

VAULT JEWELS HERE I COME.

I mean, hellblade is good too, but if you don't want to farm then just use obsidian.

Is there a reason to put Sumo Stomp on your palicoes? Is it even worth taking over an empty slot?

well zin is a wolf that does rising tackles, might as well have a dragon that shoots fireballs out its front legs and do tornado kicks

it has iframes during the animation, so probably if you can't get emergency escape and need a way to avoid damage in a pinch

>accidentally hire too many palicoes of one bias for meownster hunters
>have to watch the entire dismiss animation every time
It wouldn't even be that bad if they didnt make you feel bad about it

Help with urgents please.
56-3455-0299-6896
No pass.

dismiss them from the granny menus, lets you skip those animations but it plays this rather sad cat sound

just use a gun

Funfact: Gammoth uses conga skeleton

It plays that when you dismiss them from the board, too.

I just found a place for them in my trader team. I don't have it in me to be mean to virtual cats, guys.

>doesn't want to be mean to virtual cats
>enslaves them to do hard labor or to get forcefully shot out of a cannon into potentially life threatening situations
you might as well get them to build a pyramid for you, you heartless beast!

>implying I don't house and feed them in exchange for doing menial tasks
The game specifically states in the meownster hunter help menu that they're never in any real danger and to not worry about them.
If anything, it's more like child labor than slave labor

>it's a "Deviljho/Glavenus is forever one inch away from your weapon in an almost impossible display of prescience" episode

That's Brute Wyverns in general

Yeah, it's fucking infuriating. I'm either able to predict them perfectly, or I'm hitting air for five goddamn minutes. There is no in-between.

>they're never in any real danger and to not worry about them.
that just sounds like the Guild is trying to cover up something. how can you really trust them with such shallow sugar coated promises?
WAKE UP MOOFOLK!

>look on the map during tumultuous sprouts and see that the Glavenus has moved from 10 to 3

what

>When you forget to
>Eat
>Change styles
>Equip HAs after changing weapons or styles
>Grab some Psychoserums

>begin rathalos quest
>realize you forgot flash bombs

>Forgot drinks
>Forgot bullets

>Switch to SnS
>forget my oils

it took me two whole fights of getting my ass kicked around before I realized I didn't switch from guild to adept for DBs
I honestly thought kirin was undodgeable
and it almost cost me a shaggy fight

glavenus can dig teleport like jho

>gunning Kushala
>not the best at HBG, but not bad either
>fucker takes all of my Pierce ammo--levels 1, 2, 3, and another batch of 2
>only has like 6500 HP

What the fuck, Kushy. Why you so tanky.

Because shot hitzones are fairly shit on kush.

>take a break after doing an on-site items only deviant capture
>forget to restock on the first hunt after break

I'm using the MHX wiki sim ASS and I'm at HR7 trying to make a set

One of the pieces requires hyper shockfur which is a hyper zinny

However to fight hyper zinny I need to be HR8

So what the fuck ASS?

He never seemed that tanky in 4U. Then again, I didn't solo him much.

Oh well. He's dead all the same.

>Switch to guild GL
>Forgot how shitty it is

>Forget to switch back to Guild SA from Aerial
>Be bored out of my fucking mind
I'm convinced that people that shit on axe mode in SA play it with Aerial because axe mode in Aerial style feels so gimped.

>dodge Silverwind's tail slam
>get a little too close to the ledge that I'm on with the subsequent Adept demon dashes
>jump off ledge
>hit with residual hitbox
>major damage and bleed

REMOVE
FUCKING
LEDGES
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

boomerang prowler kills him stupid fast, since it's so easy to hit the head