Apologize

Apologize

Other urls found in this thread:

sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/gte-pro-race-winning-ford-gt-penalized-post-race/
autoblog.com/2016/06/17/ford-gt-dominates-le-mans-qualifying-gets-bop-change/
hotrod.com/features/1505-exclusive-look-at-the-engine-that-could-power-fords-all-new-gt/
fia.com/file/43454/download?token=QmXI9SeJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah like we needed to be reminded that its powered by ecoboost every goddamn 2 sec

I want to race this car in forza
Code hasn't come in yet.

I don't need too I wanted them to win

They shouldn't get the 123 though what happened to the ferrari was a disgrace

Are you referring to the BOP changes prior to the race or was there a specific race incident I missed?

One of the lights that indicates what position the ferrari was in was broken

They were ordered into the pits in the last 15 min they would have lost second

They just ignored them and rightly so

They might also be disqualified

Oh shit, indicators are important but damn, I would hate for the GT to get 1, 2, 3 on a technicality like that.

As someone who hasn't been paying attention (be nice to me, please), has the Ford GT been winning?

it handles well but its slow as fuck

296kmh tops with the standar gear ratio, the DBR9 still king

It finished 1, 3, and 4 in the GTE Pro class after qualifying 1, 2, 4, and 5 if I recall.

The Ferrari that finished second may be disqualified for having an indicator fail near the end and ignoring race control's order to pit and have it fixed in the last 15 minutes of the race.

So Ford may sweep the podium pending the decision.

What's the reason for this? Is the EcoBoost just THAT good? That's pretty cool to be honest, though I'm still iffy about the road-going 2017 GT.

too bad the car sounds like shit

>assmad GM fangirl

I always liked it, v6 and all.

The original GT40 was a half european car made to dominate le mans and wipe the smile off ferrari's face, that's it. It wasn't an "american icon" or "all about muh v8"

That's what this GT is, v6 was chosen for superior performance capability and the proof is in the pudding.

The 2005 GT was trying to recreate the end product of the GT40.

The 2016 GT recreates the conditions that spawned the original GT40, so even without a v8 or aping the look it's actually closer to it than the 05 one was.

I agree. The only tradition the GT has to keep is kicking ferraris ass, beyond that they can do what they please.

>GM fangirls no where to be seen

NEWS from Bowling Grenn, Kentuchy: Corvette fangirls commiting suicide en masses

>damage control
BTFO!!!!!

It's one of the newest cars in the field. Look at the standings of the Nurburgerring24h race. Newest car in the field, the Mercedes AMG GTs took 1st-3rd place.

S-sorry I didn't think you would finish the race since it was your first season. I still like ur cool c-pillar even though your engine sounds like ass bb.

Mexicanon got called out on his bullshit shitposting on Veeky Forums for his pastime and deleted the "what went wrong?" thread. Whatever you like, you don't argue with a fan, you argue with a baiter who uses pic related as an avatar on his youtube account.

Also don't forget to sage.

GM BTFO!!!

what the hell are you talking about, I didn't erase anything besides I use this pic nerd

I think it was a combination of the EcoBoost engine being super fucking reliable and the Aero of the Ford GT, I mean it just looks like an LMP car from the rear. The GT even had heavy restrictions put on it Friday (boost limited between 4200-7000 RPMs, extra weight) after it destroyed the Corvette by over 5 seconds in best lap times.

Yes, EcoBoost really is that good.

Wow dank ass meme whats ur ig

You guys arent serious are you? Anyone who follows the WEC knows there is only one reason the Fords were so dominant: by sandbagging the whole season to manipulate the BoP for Le Mans. They also tried to get the privateer Ferrari that finished second disqualified over a LED not working, and issue that had affected a load of cars and been ignored. Fortunately the Ferrari kept its 2nd place.

The GT is a great car, too bad Ford Racing are an absolutely scummy team.

>The GT is a great car, too bad Ford Racing are an absolutely scummy team

How is this different from any other racing team?

No.
>This post brought to you by Ford, Powered by Ecoboost.

Le Mans race organizers sandbagged both the GT and Ferrari 488 before the race began.

The results of the penalties are in:
sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/gte-pro-race-winning-ford-gt-penalized-post-race/
>tl/dr
The #68 Ford was penalized 50 seconds for speeding in a slow zone and another 20 seconds for some faulty wheel sensor bullshit that they found in the post-race inspection. That would put them about 10 seconds behind the #82 Ferrari and into 2nd place.

However...

The #82 Ferrari got penalized 20 seconds and $5,000 for not pitting to repair the lighted sign when they were told to.

Net results: everything stayed the same in the final standings and some unlucky Risi Competizione pit crewmember isn't going to get a Christmas bonus this year.

HOLY FUCK! FERRARI BTFO!!!

Yes, yes, well done Ferrari, well done Ferrari...HOWEVER

>Ford almost BTFO

imagine the memes

assmad gm fangirl spotted

I don't like gm. I just hate anime, senpai.

see

Kill yourself when you have time.

>this assmad

>assmad about the word assmad
GTR fans BTFO

>projecting your anal rage onto others

B T F O
T
F
O

>this guy

Heh heheheheh
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
I'll bet you were hanging out to post that.

I remember this qt. Then the commentator almost went full creep on her lol

Id be kinda OK with the win if it was just the BOP shenanigans, everyone tries to do it after all

But that bullshit about the position LED was a disgrace and completely sours it to me. Ford got to join WEC thanks to the good will of other manufacturers to allow the GT to participate despite it not meeting the eligibility rules, so they go and completely game the system (which is heavily based on good will btw) to get a car that is so fucking fast it almost reaches LMP2 tier, going against the spirit of the class, and neutering their main rivals in the process.

Im happy for Bourdais and everyone else in that car, disappointed with Ford and Fatassi for spoiling the usually awesome GTE class.

I hope Ford uses this success in crushing the Corvette as a springboard to make the GT a legit mass produced car to crush the Corvette in the US domestic market as well.

Never happen. The GT is like double what a Z06 is and triple a normal one.

Mass production lowers price. It's called economy of scale.

If Ford made as many GTs as GM makes Corvettes, they'd be similarly priced.

>If Ford made as many GTs as GM makes Corvettes, they'd be similarly priced.
No they wouldn't stop trying to rationalize a poorly thought out idea.

You don't understand how a production line works, do you?

Stop shitposting. The price difference has nothing to with your feels. I've said it before, you still remain the worst fucking poster on Veeky Forums
You don't even realize how much you don't know.

it wouldnt be the same price, but it would be closer. probably around the cost of a 911.

The GT is 4x more

>anonymous posters are the worst posters on Veeky Forums
No, shit, dumbass.

>not knowing that mass production reduces price
Not even the guy you replied to

He's the worst anonymous poster user.

It will NOT reduce the price nearly enough to compete with a Corvette let alone destroy the Corvette forever. It wouldn't even get the price in the same ballpark.

Chevy made 34,000 Corvettes in 2015. 8600 were Z06s.

Ford is making 250 GTs.

If Ford made even 10,000 GTs, the GT would be in the same price range as the Z06.

>If Ford made even 10,000 GTs, the GT would be in the same price range as the Z06.
lol
>it's just that simple because I say it is

How the fuck you gonna reduce the price on a hypercar with an all carbon body, a 3.5L engine running enough boost to meet 650HP, and with carbon brakes to $80k?

This. I think he's intellectually disabled.
>nah, jus sel moar. Den it will be cheep

"Hey, if we made more GTs we could sell more!"
"Let's not do that"

A conversation at Ford headquarters that will never happen.

I love everything about the GT race car except for two things, the exhaust note and Ecoboost all over it.

Wish Gulf was running one too.

Economy of scale.

Read about it and stop being retarded.

gulf doesnt exist anymore.

Same shit with the indicators happened to one of the GTs during the race. Quit your crying we also got a retarded penalty for not turning the engine off during refueling and it was right as we were catching ferraris ass. Good thing we had Dirk in the cockpit cause you cant Dirk the Dirk.

you need to stop being stupid dude

I glad that they don't have to use a giant v8 to win
in reality racing is more about average speed but no one wants to hear that

>race organizers sandbagged both the GT and Ferrari 488 before the race began.

what the fuck am I reading

stay ignorant as always Veeky Forums

A CFRP chassis doesn't see much benefit from economy of scales, because requires a shitload of hand lay-up and cure time that doesn't go away when you order more.

>user in charge of paying attention

autoblog.com/2016/06/17/ford-gt-dominates-le-mans-qualifying-gets-bop-change/

>but its slow as fuck

That's because FM doesn't have ACO doing the BoP.

>The 2016 GT recreates the conditions that spawned the original GT40, so even without a v8 or aping the look it's actually closer to it than the 05 one was.

This is why I like prefer the new GT over the '05 one. Even the Saleen S7 was more of a true successor to the GT40 than the '05 car.

>race organisers
>sandbagging

you in charge of anything

the GT had so many penalties it would have lost 1st place if the ferrari hadn't got the leader light penalty apparently

The chassis isn't the only factor in the price.

I'm not saying that it's going to be as cheap as the Corvette. It's obviously going to cost more because it's a much better car. What I'm saying is that when you have the production line to build 10,000 a year, they're obviously going to cost a fuckton less than if you're making 250 a year mostly by hand.

It'll probably be around a hundred grand or so if they got anywhere close to Z06 production. It costs more to make something if you're making it in small batches than if you make it in big batches. That's why you save money if you buy in bulk at Costco compared to smaller packages at Whole Foods.

>GM
my keks are eternal

>What's the reason for this? Is the EcoBoost just THAT good?

No. It was BoP. It was pretty obvious in the later stages that the Ford was a lot faster the Ferrari. The Ford teams were more than likely sandbagging while the officials were gauging BoP.

...OR if you want to believe the conspiracy theorists, ACO rigged it so that the Pro class would be a guaranteed Ford vs Ferrari 50th anniversary rematch by hobbling Corvette and Aston to keep them out of the picture.

>...OR if you want to believe the conspiracy theorists, ACO rigged it so that the Pro class would be a guaranteed Ford vs Ferrari 50th anniversary rematch by hobbling Corvette and Aston to keep them out of the picture.

The hobbled the Corvette and Aston by letting them run larger restrictors while adding ballast to the Ford and Ferrari? I think every team in the paddock would have taken that hobbling.

>v6 superior performance

The v6 was chosen to show amerifats that v6s could be cool and could pass emissions v8 still wouldve been better

>being this retarded

This conversation literally happened at Ford, they decided to limit the number produced so they would remain collectable and unique.

>so they go and completely game the system (which is heavily based on good will btw) to get a car that is so fucking fast it almost reaches LMP2 tier
Or here is an idea, how about the other teams step it up? GTE Pro has always been won by factory supported teams. Ford went the extra mile and produced a car literally built to win it, why do you want to hold that against them?

Instead of being a white knight cluck, look at the other teams and ask why don't they do this?

What if McLaren enters GTE Pro, are you going to bitch and moan that they are gaming the system?
>probably

Go back to >>/reddit/

You do know that that BoP went around multiple times before the race right? In the Corvette's case, the air restrictor was made smaller by -0.4mm before they even hit the track. After the test, the air restrictors made even smaller by and additional 0.3mm (now -0.7mm smaller than before the test) which they were to qualify with. After the qualifying session, the ACO gave Corvette the 0.3mm back for the race (the same -0.4mm smaller restrictors they had during testing). The end result was that the car was still slower what they showed up with.

For the Ford, the BoP were much more favorable. 20kg lighter before the test and another 5kg less after qualifying. Just before the race the ACO had Ford cut the boost pressure for 2800rpm of it's rev range but only by 1.3% and still got to make peak pressure after 7000rpm.

Super cars can not be made on a production line.

[citation needed]

>literal admission that their rules don't work and they have zero faith for manufacturer teams to build cars optimized for the rules
Is it possible for the FIA not to fuck something up?

Balance of performance is always a bit tricky to get right. They did an especially shit job with it this year, and were adjusting hours before the race. The Corvette team had machine their own restrictors on the fly because they didn't have one the correct size after the final BoP adjustments.

I sort of feel like BoP is a necessary evil since the cars vary so much, it's just unfortunate they fucked it up so bad this year.

Any info on what kind of peak PSI the EcoBoost's were running?

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

They don't do it because you are not supposed to. GT classes nowadays are meant to have all cars equal, its the implicit goal of the rules. You build something and then have its performance equalized with the others. All the other GTE cars can go as fast as the Ford did in this race if allowed, if not faster. If it was just R&D based like LMP1 the class would've died a long time ago.

More likely than not they're selling them at a loss at this point. The whole point of making 250 cars is to meet the minimum requirements to qualify for GT. This whole thing is a promo stunt, just like the original GT40.

Remember the GTR M3s? They were 250K each and BMW said they didn't make a penny on them, it was just because competitors bitched about their non-standard V8.

i think the version i made is better

>Any info on what kind of peak PSI the EcoBoost's were running?

Ford-Ganassi is playing it pretty close to the chest, but we can get a rough idea from the DP which uses pretty much the same race motor.

>The race engine is boosted with twin Honeywell Motorsport (parent company of Garrett) 60mm compressor turbos with 54mm turbines.
>Surprisingly, the engine only runs about 10 psi of boost pressure.
hotrod.com/features/1505-exclusive-look-at-the-engine-that-could-power-fords-all-new-gt/

The GTE car is said to be making even more power than the DP which means that the GT is probably running well over the 10psi.

Will this engine fit in a Miata?

ford will never be able to win that vee six into a V8

fia.com/file/43454/download?token=QmXI9SeJ

FIA says that boost must be adjusted at every event using the Pboost value in the BOP table multiplied by the ambient pressure

Right now the air pressure at Le Mans is 1020mb, or roughly 14.8 psi. So according to the BoP table, the Ford GT is running about 6.8 psi of boost between 4200-5500 rpm

Thats what I think

>it wasn't about muh v8
Except it was. That was Shelby's motif: light cars with big American v8s, also pointing out that originally the gt40 had a 289, then tried the 351c, before settling on the 427.

I agree, a 1, 2, 3 finish for pottery would've been fantastic, but I'd rather just a singular legitimate win than for people to start calling out sabotage on Ford's part by disqualifying Ferrari on a stupid technicality.

They won, and I'm glad I got to see that much. Their failure at Daytona had me seriously worried at the beginning of the season.

hey op tell ford to appologise for that v6

u wot?