Traffic peeves

What are some things that just irk you when you're out on the street?

> mini coopers
> cyclists speeding between lanes
> getting passed by oublic transport
Boils my blood
> people who stop at yellow lights right in front of me when i could've made it if they hadn't stopped

>getting passed by public transport

How even?

Generally just cyclists and people who don't indicate.

Oh and
>doing 75 in a 100
>enter at 75 into a 70
>continue 75 into a 50

cyclists, shit drivers and pedestrian crossings

> getting passed by public transport
Busses and taxis all drive among normal traffic in my country it's fucking annoying

Also
> asshole taxis who are either flooring it or going half the speed limit

Fucking tourists in Amish county, stopping in the middle of the fucking road to take pictures of people trying to be left alone and driving real slow and shit.

People not using turn signals
People cutting me off then going slower than I was
Uphill tractor trailer drag races between speed limited fleet trucks and waiting 20 miles at 10 under the limit until the one with slightly newer tires finally makes his pass
People who go 5 under the limit then floor it when the road becomes 2 lanes and I try to pass (some guy did this to me the other day but he pussed out and lifted first so his new truck still got passed by a gay shitbox minivan)

Anything involving the Amish or horse-and-buggy Mennonites, whether they are blocking trafffic in a horse and buggy, moving stupid farm equipment pulled by fucking donkeys on public roads, riding 2 or 3 abreast on bikes on a road with no shoulder (hi vis vests maybe, helmets NEVER), or letting their small children take a miniature buggy pulled by a miniature horse out on a 55mph road with almost no shoulder and the whole thing is about 3 feet tall and IMPOSSIBLE to see around the car in front of you. Working in southeast PA is suffering.

> mini coopers
Why?

What gets me going is:
> people who are oblivious to their surroundings.
> people who sit in the left lane
> people who sit in the right line when you're merging
> people who ride your ass because you're going the speed limit
> people who don't know what a yield sign is and how it work
> people not understanding the idea of a round-about

>people who ride your ass even when you're going 5-10 over the speed limit

Because they are a shit pussbox for asshole wannabe britbongs and bitch hippies

>taxi drivers in their fuck huge crown vics trying to overtake me.. its never gonna happen ASSHOLE GTFO!!!

>People who can't comprehend yield signs
>Cyclists on the wrong side of the road
>Cyclists who don't obey traffic laws/behave like pedestrians
>Motorcyclists riding between lanes, especially during heavy traffic
>People who cut me off
>People going 10+ mph under the speed limit
>People who speed up when I try to pass them

But what if ur an actual britbong m8?

People that do not indicate, or selectively indicate, irritate the hell out of me.

And cyclists that are on the road. The UK should definitely follow the Dutch approach and create fully segregated lanes everywhere. And make them pass a written test at least, just so they have to have some knowledge of cycling.

> people who speed up when you go to pass them

> Pedestrians
> Buses
> Crossovers
> Economy cars
> Old cars
> SUVs that have obviously never seen mud.
> Slow people
> Assholes in Audis and BMWs jammed up my arse even though I'm doing 10-20 over the limit already
> Or when the next light is STILL RED

> FUCKING old ass pickup trucks always going slow as fuck

If you're merging its your yield dickbag. I don't have to move over for you.

This, crossovers. I hate them so god damn much. I despise every human being dumb enough to buy one.

You would hat nc.
>Enter hwy at 65
>Road is 65-75
>Everyone goes 80-90
And they keep that speed getting off.

t. mini cooper driver

> people who ride your ass because you're going the speed limit
nothing more distracting

>People taking the island pass of the opposite direction when passing the road from shops.
Seen it happen more than once in same spot.
Pic is spot
>using emergency lights and staying on the road in the left most lane on the hwy
>Emergency light on hwy to slow down and text. Then turn off. In left most lane no less.
Only see this at night
>Cutting off with no signal
>Cutting off while turning.
>Parking at stop signs in mild-high trafficking areas

Hitting every red light

>people who stop at yellow lights right in front of me when i could've made it if they hadn't stopped
Yellow means Caution (Begin to slow down and stop) so you are requiring that they break the law because you want to break the law. Many of the busiest intersections in my city have traffic cameras as well as video recordings. If you run the yellow light, they take higher resolution photographs of both the front and back plates of the car (the plates must both be present and identical).

My stopping at the light prevented you from getting a ticket for failure to stop at a traffic light. So you should be HAPPY and thank me instead of chimping out by pooping in your hand and flinging it at me.

>people who sit in the right line when you're merging
You are the one merging into traffic, so you need to adjust your speed to fit into the lane. Or you can write a letter to your state legislature representative with a proposal that your merging desires become the new law on federal or state funded freeways. Currently, traffic already on the road has the right of way over new traffic attempting to merge.

>Parking at stop signs in mild-high trafficking areas
Is there a law that says the parked car must go immediately after they stop at a stop sign? Their texting about the latest high school crush is more important (to them) and your problems are your problems. Don't make your problems mine is what they'd tell you. Chill out man is something teens would tell you or maybe even You're acting like a baby! Grow Up! I may be a teen, but I'm more mature than you! *goes back to texting at the stop sign*

Today's teens are full of sarcastic comments. And hit and run attitude.

>What are some things that just irk you when you're out on the street?

Hit and run.

there's this hardcore/scene/numale/ faggot at my job who drives a mini cooper
someone once moved his car in the parking lot (somehow idk) and he was freaking out cause he thought someone stole it

when people are wanting to turn a right, so they start raping the bike lane a good 200ft before their turn. how hard is it to just turn right at the turn?

The one that's been pissing me off lately is half-assed right turns.

Locally (urban) most multi-lane roads have an extra lane worth of shoulder on the right, usually used for parallel parking. At intersections this allows traffic turning right to clear the path of traffic before slowing down to turn.

However, more and more fucktards are lazy/stupid and just hang the right from the rightmost traffic lane, slowing down everyone behind them... or worse, stopping up traffic completely if they have to wait for a pedestrian crossing the street.

And even worse than THAT, on streets that open up another lane for traffic in that shoulder space to carry more cars, these same idiots are making right turns from the second-rightmost traffic lane, across the active right lane, usually on the incorrect assumption that the right lane will turn as well.

I don't know why the cops aren't finding ways to nail the actual dangerous retards on the road, instead of just fleecing speeders on the highway.

Autofags. Their driving style is bad for driving manual.

>brake riding
>creeping at lights
>cutting in front of you from a turn and then slowing down

>people who slow on green
>people who slow on green until it's yellow
>people who brake 100 yards before a 200 yard long left turn lane starts
>people who stop on a yield that has a dedicated merge lane (like 95%of the yields here)
>the 5%of the yields here that don't have a dedicated lane and will kill me some day
>when i can't lane split legally

>people who do 45 in a 55
>and then continue to do 45 in a 35

>people who speed like hell to be in front of you because you're big but then slow after merging because they want to go 5 under whatever you're doing

Drivers who cut you off (while you're in the right lane) and use the right lane to cut ahead of everyone and merge left AT the light, stopping traffic in both lanes until they can get what they want.

Those people can go to hell.

>motorcyclists riding between lanes

Ha its legal for me to do that. Get btfo nerd.

A manualfag stalling out a red and rolling into my bumper.
>Could have avoided if you let go of muh manual attitude and got an automatic transmission equipped vehicle.

Also, user, did you know that some vehicles are fitted with automatic transmissions with no option of a manual transmission because the automatic can shift the gears better than a human can. It's scary but I'm sure there is a support group to help ease you can into the modern era of driving.

nothing, except people that don't use pull out lanes

>being inches away from someone at a stop
Autofags, everyone

>implying it's about shift speed
>implying it's not about the drive itself
Go grab another tampon, you're leaking your pussyness everywhere

Endangering yourself or other drivers is illegal and what constitutes that is up to the judgment of the police officer :^)

What an old meme
>muh driving experience

Next your going to tell me its muh MPGees.

Face it manualfag, you are a dieing breed that will never be relevant again except in 3rd world shitholes.

>its legal for me to do that

Stay mad that you have to be stuck in traffic. I'll be passing you and doing it safely.

>the majority of people that do not understand how a 4 way stop works....

when you and another vehicle come to a 4 way stop and you are making a left turn, they are obligated to go first and let you make a left turn after they pass. If not, it creates another turn and slows down the process. Fucking cucks

empeegees is true tho

If +2 miles per gallon over the automatic's MPG is significant to you then yes.

Enjoy pinching your pennies then.

My car is legitimately faster from the factory with a stick shift. The auto has slow as fuck gearing. Fight me for buying it manual.

t. slowfag

have owned many manual and automative vehicles. Will admit my favorite has been manual. Just curious, why all the hate on autos? Personally, its way more fun to tinker and upgrade auto trans then it is to daily a manual...imo

t. never owned a manual

>le devils advocate manual owner here
you cant fool us retard..

>upgrade and tinker with an auto
rofl

This happened today (in australia)
>Driving down a court (dead end road)
>Behind a slow as fuck hyundai SUV
>SUV Pulls over to the left, about 20m infront of me
>slow down because typical hyundai driver doesnt move over until the last second
>about 10m away at this point
>hyundai comes to a stop, THEN PULLS OUT INFRONT OF ME TO GET INTO THEIR DRIVEWAY ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD
>whole time, no indicators (blinkers)
Fucking sheer ass I didn't hit them, fuck theyre stupid cunts

+2mpg over 100 miles is another 100 mile gallon equivalents

That's a lot of savings

>>Motorcyclists riding between lanes, especially during heavy traffic

Don't get mad that you're stuck in traffic while I can move through. Sure, there are guys who go to fast while they do it, but it's still better for bikes to filter rather than sit in stop and go traffic.

I don't hate auto's, I get why people like them and it makes perfect sense that most Americans don't drive them (we're all lazy as fuck). But I want to pretend I'm a racecar driver on my way to work so manual it is.

lol
>03 350z bored 30 over, was a 6 speed
>78 westfalia 4 speed

can drop 4l60e's in driveway in under 2 hours, build them in about the same

muncees were fun though

That's nice if you take it to a track. But the rest of the time, it doesn't matter. Unless you like paying speeding tickets.

And? You seem to be triggered by me not launching my vehicle from a red light. Launches are terribly hard on transmissions.

>Motorcyclists riding between lanes, especially during heavy traffic

When should they do it then? Heavy traffic is the best time. It reduces congestion, lessens the risk of the ridwr being rear ended and the rider doesnt have to breathe your disgusting exhaust fumes.

Stay mad jelly. Acting like if your car could fit you wouldnt do the same

t. autistic slowfag

we get it dude. you drive a piece of shit automatic appliance. no one cares.

I agree with this, but would never do it on my own bike. I've personally witnessed 3 seperate deaths from people doings this. But i do live in a city of around 2 million.

I set the bait and people fell for it.

Thanks for the keks.

epic this will go down in the history books

How exactly? Only way someone wpuld crash from filtering is if the driver was being an asshole and opened his door, ran into the rider on purpose or if the rider was an idiot and continued filtering in someoens blind spot while there was no vehicle to the other side

And in this glorious day, June 19th 2016; user baited muh manual fags in a thread on an Antarctic vacation forum regarding driving pet peeves.

Oh wait...

This happens every day. Same shit, just different words.

two of the three times this was on major city streets (not interstates with only entrance and exit ramps) the bike was doing maybe 15-25 in that range, and a car pulled out of a driveway and the driver-side Quaterpanel was in that bit between the two lanes. Guy slammed on brakes and ended up ratteling between the two cars on the side before being thrown into the car that was sticking out.

Kinda hard to explain. the third was on the highway, one truck had its blinker on and was trying to get over, don't know if the cyclist didn't notice, or thought he could get infront of him, but when the truck went to merge he hit the tailgate.

>people not using their turn signals
>strong as shit blue beams set at the highest level aka straight in my face
>slow people keeping me from passing them
>fake Chevrolets (Daihatsu)
>people cycling in the middle of the road, even if there's a bike lane
>motorbikes cutting in front of me from all sides

>people who stop right behind you on a slope
>people who pull out of a parking spot and don't look behind them
>people who door ding or rub shopping carts against vehicles
>bro trucks that shine their lights through your rear windshield and kick rocks at other cars

This is how I've always seen it done
>whoever gets there first has right of way
>if you get there at the same time, person on right has right of way
>if facing each other, the person going straight has the right of way

that's exactly how it's done. that guy is retarded.

I didn't disagree with either of you. I guess I didn't explain enough. there is a 4 way stop. and two cars are facing each other, but one needs to make a left turn. Both cars should leave the stop at the same time, the one going straight should continue while the one making the turn, turns behind the passing car.

This is espcially important when there is a line, otherwise this leads to one car making the left turn, and then 50% of the time, the car going straight goes on afterwards, and %50 of the time a car going the other direction decides its their turn, essentially skipping the car making the left turn, or creating a situation in which the two cars that COULD have gone at the same time, take up twice the amount of time and turns.

Faggots who honk as soon as the light turns green. It makes me want to get out of the car and beat the shit out of them

Get off the phone and get out of the way then

You can get a ticket depending on the area for a yellow light.

I do this to piss people off

The rule is you have to be through the intersection by the time its shifted to red. So if you go into the intersection at the last second of the yellow, and are in the intersection when it turns to red its a violation.

No fucking way. If your left signal is on and you're moving I'm going to assume you're a retard who either doesn't see me going straight or is jumping their turn.

It doesn't matter if you're turning left across straight unless you got there at the exact same time as the person going straight across your turn. The person behind them doesn't get a turn because you're going left, that's just beta driving and is you causing the problem if you don't just yield and then take your turn properly.

>tfw cameras and literal 2 second yellows in some areas here

Is like they just want a bunch of tickets to fund their red light cameras heh

People like this.

Fuck you I already get 14 mpg at 60, I'm not going to get 8 just so you can get to work 30 seconds faster

nigga what's wrong with old cars?

Motorcyclists piss me off. Sometimes when I'm waiting to turn left they'll just cut between lanes and get in front of me. Back in Hungary I could just bump the fucker off his bike throw a few punches while the light is red, here in the land of freedom I'll get sued even though he deserves it.

Bicyclists are even worse, I regularly see them running stop signs and breaking the rules of the road. There's so many of the fuckers in LA.

ebikes

Assholes who...
>drive down the shoulder/emergency lane during standstill traffic
>use the shoulder/emergency lane as a passing lane when traffic is going 15+mph over the limit.

>Not knowing what a yield is

Either speed up to get ahead or slow down and merge behind. You're not a special snowflake I have to move over for, especially on a deserted highway.

Not saying i never move over, but legally I don't have to.

less traffic and more city planning, but

>long four-way light intersections with no left turn lane so if there's a ton of traffic coming the opposite direction two assholes turning left can block the rest of the lane for the duration of the green light

Ya'll niggas jelly of my MPG

People who slow down when there are cars coming from the opposite direction on a road with no dividing strip.
People who slow down/come to a stop at a turn where the turning lane becomes an added lane.
People who try to merge onto the freeway at 20km/h or more under the speed limit.

So

>they were going too fast to react

:^)

>small curvy section of road
>always a highlight of my drive since 98% of roads here are straight
>Get stuck behind a giant suv that goes 15 through the curves when you can easily take it at 30-40

People who come to a complete stop right in the middle of a turn, leaving the back of their car hanging out in traffic.

>30 seconds

DRUBNK MATH INCOMING

At 60 you travel one mile every minute
At 65 you travel 1.08 a minute
At 65, you get an extra mile every 12-13 minutes, or an extra minute every 12-13 miles
So let's say you have a 30 mile drive
You get there like two minutes earlier, and that's at 65. A lot of late people will do 70-80 in a 60.
A lot of employers will call it an unexecused absence past a couple of minutes.
So, what are you going to do about that truck? Get fired over an awful curry shit that was already coming out when you woke up, or pass the fucker on the shoulder?

stopping, but not taking your turn at a stop sign is called obstructing traffic

it's the legal equivalent of parking sideways on the road and texting, because HOL UP NIGGAS GOTTA TEXT MAH BAE DONT RAM MAH CADDY KK

Know that feel. Learned to wait one song on the roadside and then hit the open road.

>90% of old people

>old people
>anyone driving a Chrysler town and country. Specifically this car. It's the car of choice for idiots in my area apparently
>merging onto freeway going anything less than the speed limit
>merging into the freeway going 45 and then speeding up to 90 over the course of 3 minutes
>BRAKING ON THE FUCKING FREEWAY TO SLOW DOWN FOR YOUR EXIT JESUS FUCK I WANT TO EUTHANIZE THESE PEOPLE

>People that stay in the left lane (in the US) after passing
>People that don't understand that pressing the gas pedal will not break their cruise control
>People that try to cut in a long line of cars trying to pass two trucks by merging right between the trucks, speeding all the way to the back of the leading truck, and then practically force their way over in the left lane while nearly causing an accident
It's even worse when they get all pissed that you didn't let them over. Fuck off.

What the fuck kind of boss would notice or care if you're a couple minutes late unless they're looking for an excuse to fire you anyway?

So I say to you:
Stop being a shit employee
Move closer
Leave earlier

>people that don't turn their head when driving at all, ever
>people that don't look to their right (or left) when coming up to an intersection or roundabout until the last possible moment
>people who can't put their phones down when driving
>people who take a million years to pass someone else
>people who actively oppose motorcycle filtering (that "you're cutting the line and that's unfair!!!11" attitude)
>people who don't leave enough space for other people to park
>selfish driving in general
>people who bully other motorists

Sharing the road only works if you're courteous so don't be a dick when you drive.

Some cunt put a huge dent in my bumper with his trailer hitch while I was parked.

just slow down lmao

Women who drive 4wd or SUVs despite never leaving going off-road, let alone leaving the city.
I don't understand why but they are just seem to always be such shit drivers.

I think it's somewhere between the blatant lack of safety equipment, the inability to handle high speeds, sharp turns, or adverse weather, the oil slicks, the constant spray of rust coming off the back, and the personal smokescreens.

It's not as bad as fucking steam engines, though. They dump soot all over whatever's behind, melt the paintwork off if you overtake too closely, and the smoke is full of lubricating oil.
And they're dead fucking slow, too.