/domg/- Dominions General

Previous Panto

okofire edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Jump into MP feet first

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/0/359547436744778145/
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Latus_3_Big_Trouble_In_Little_Ragha
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/0/359547436748226560/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

/v/anheim community clash team is Cirno and two noobs

/domg/ team is sum1won, Sy and coolstory

seems to have been created a few seconds earlier but since this one already got a post, let's just use this one. What does /domg/ think of this unit (exhaustion 1)?

What about this one?

70r? You will be barely able to recruit two of them per turn with prod3 and good cap and as such completely useless.

What about if the nation also happens to have a desirable +15res mage?

This unit is great actually, not really for combat but for fielding massive armies of and patrolling.

Does some damage tho.

Abysia 2h file received
Agartha 2h file received
Arcoscephale 2h file received
Caelum 2h file received
Man 2h file received
C'tis 2h file received
Gath 2h file received
Jomon 2h file received
>>>>>>Unexpected Nation Waiting for 2h file
Marignon 2h file received
Mictlan 2h file received
Midgard 2h file received
Patala 2h file received
Pythium 2h file received
Ragha 2h file received
R'lyeh 2h file received
Bogarus 2h file received
T'ien Ch'i 2h file received
Ulm 2h file received
Utgard 2h file received
Xibalba 2h file received

DO YOUR TURN YOU PIECE OF SHIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Could be monstrous if you could get 6 of those per turn with N9E4 or even N9E4 W/F9

that bullshit thing should be able to expand alone from turn 2 with a N9E4 and a priest to bless it.

once i had an even better version of that, with no ethereal, but no exhaustion, slightly more hp, and H1 for autoblessing.

super broken.

TOP KEK

>2 threads

That's it. That's the last time you fucked up /domg/. You're gonna regret this.

You forgot
>you guys are evil!

plz stop bringing steam drama into the thread

how about
"no"

Meanwhile on Steam

Completely based

That reminds me. Need to find a sub for him in Fistful as well.

I am not helped in this by the fact that I have no idea what the fuck he's playing in Fistful.

tc

steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/0/359547436744778145/

Fair enough then! I'm pretty sure TC is fucking up Ys pretty good, situation wise.

Who wants it?

>I play Vanheim

what would be the quickest way to reduce your own dominion on just one province as Pangea ?

shut up soph

HOLD THE FUCK UP

>Next turn due: 08:00 GMT on Thursday September 1st

WHAT
NO NO NO NO NO NO

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Latus_3_Big_Trouble_In_Little_Ragha

Lemuria asked for an extension until Thursday yesterday, user.

steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/0/359547436748226560/

L O L

Your group is supposed to be all about happiness and having a fun.
>tfw you will never have a fun on vanheim

If coolstory takes Lamberts turn you'll be fine.

Lambert is Ragha though, not Lemuria.

fucking lol changed the wrong email

That explains things.

Sorry
I wanted to write you a message to apologize.

my shitpost spree in the past was inappropirate, disrespectful, and wildy selfish. this general is supposed to be all about staling in pbems and forester bob memes. i want you to know how truly sorry I am for the shitposts i sent to this general last night. It was in very poor taste, and I am sorry that it offended you. Looking back on it, I am glad this general has accepted my memes. Please accept my sincere apology for my insensitivity and be assured that I will no longer shitpost you like that. I promise that I will change and you can trust me by posting much steam drama.

So, Lemuria, email me [email protected] so I can give you back your nation.

Okay what the fuck is happening to /v/anheim? Why is it so dramatic lately? Are these bans for real? Will I not get bombarded with Blitz announcements every four hours from now on?

What did he say again?

And god damn how can people live with that sort of forum system nowadays, having to do a public apology to get back and all that shit, Veeky Forums spoiled me rotten, if I say stupid shit it gets forgotten the day after, if I get banned I just reset my router and get back to calling OP a faggot, it's like a whole 'nother world out there.

Defenders or tower guards?

Tower Guards usually. It's a choice of 4 really good or 5 good. When it comes to crossbow-spam, which is their main use, numbers are what you want. Tower Guards can also hold a line very well and their extra numbers for the same price should go a ways towards making up for their slightly inferior gear.

Cheers, Never played man before

>Never played Man before
Prepare to fall behind and die due to having no mage versatility. I'd recommend looking for a neighbor who has no shields. You'll need to become very conventionally strong quickly if you want to stand up to the blood nations. Ideally you'll kill the blood nations before they gather any significant strength.

LA Man really aren't that strong a nation. They have awesome crossbow-wielding heavy infantry, but beyond that you're kind of strapped for options.

>mfw someone burdens my time

>play non-human nation
>he gets dogpiled while I occasionally prey on those throwing their all at them

Goddamnit admin.

And goddamnit Lemuria who is surely in some weird timezone and will wake up in 12 hours at least because things can never go quickly.

About how dangerous is 10-20 cavemen? Will mostly heavy infantry have a problem with them on an early expansion?

they are decently dangerous against ermored troops.

they basically counter low defense high armored units but are as hard as 20-40 regular shitty indie units otherwise.
note that in a cave you'll have lower attack and defense and precision. archers do work well against them but unfortunately they will have low precision in the cave.

Cavemen by themself are pretty crap, they're only dangerous because they hit hard and they're usually in caves and so all your troops get a darkness penalty. Just think of them as bigger barbarians.

Alright, sounds decently dangerous then, as I imagine they can one-twohit heavy infantry. And with the penalties in darkness it might not be worth risking so early.

>ermored troops

Cavemen is also one of the types of troops that can consistently kill expanding earthsnake. They can hit through its prot and it can rarely kill them fast enough because of the high hp.

>extension on the first turn
It's gonna be a good game, I can feel it already.

Let's just restart because I got a shit start location.

It was an error with the subbing, Lemuria will turn in his turn as soon as he gets his email back, I hope.

What part of Trippical if not filled isn't obvious?

"If not filled" is pretty obvious, yes.

Uhh... Mr. admin, I already made my turn, what the fuck? Because of your mistake I can't sub for Ragha in the same game. Apply yourself.

I meant if not filled before I left, whatever suits you though.

I'm as suprised as you are that I have Internet access.

Yah, just figured I'd throw it open in case anyone else wanted. Will have to track down Trippical when I can get on steam, no doubt.

YOU DUN GOOFED COOLSTORY

LIKE IT WAS MY FAULT YOU ILLITERATE FOOL

I TOLD YOU I WAS RAGHA

WHEN YOU GET THE TURN YOU DO THE TURN THATS HOW THE WORLD WORKS

I can't fault that, and everyone was waiting for Lemuria.

Gonna need a sub

I'm not getting fucked up, but that army is scary. I hope trippical is a noob for my sake if he's gonna steer that stack into my lands.

Aka, can we find a noob sub?

Get your Latus turns in boys! Work is less important.

roger dodger

don't think you aren't welcome here.

Where the heck is MemeOfTheAges admin hiding? There is some subbening to be done.

I'll take it if it's free. Who are you on steam?

If it has the gladiator tag, they disappear after one battle which makes them decidedly less good

>August 26th, 2016. 6:19 PM.
>It's only 11 am where I live.

The future is bleak.

Will be on Steam for the rest of the day sorry I was indisposed last night

Just a heads up to anyone thinking of buying this game.

The AI is broken and it will never be fixed. Most people on this thread will lie or make excuses for it instead of pushing the devs to fix it. Don't listen to there bullshit.

Bro, literally everyone here will tell you that singleplayer is only for practice because the AI is dogshit. Multiplayer is where it's at.

You mean, telling everyone who plays the game in singleplayer to play it in multiplayer instead because the AI is bad?

Are there lurkers in /domg/? Why would anybody who isn't already into the game come here?

It's possible that someone heard about the game on /v/ or Veeky Forums and got interested.

Yesterday there was a thread about the new Master of Orion on /v/ that turned into Dominions shilling halfway through.

>new Master of Orion
what's this?

I haven't played it so I don't know if it's any good, but apparently there's a MoO remake that came out on Steam and GOG yesterday.

groovy, I'll have to look into that. How did it link to Dominions?

to anyone who's confused and looking to buy this game and listening to these morons.

The AI in the game is shit. Multiplayer unit AI is shit. The game is buggy and unintuitive. When you see all the excuses people make for it I hope you can come to the same conclusion.

Either way, don't waste your time on this broken game filled with niggers who make excuses for the devs and the shit game they play.

People were complaining that MoO was too dumbed down and asking for alternatives, somehow Dominions got mentioned and some people asked questions about it, so I decided to post some pictures and answer questions.

No worries. Now you just need to pit yourself in gladatorial combat against in order to determine who gets to sub in.

I'm at work at the moment and will be on steam in maybe two hours.

groovy, we need more recruits

That was a Great fight, Pan! Glad to see you didn't lose many mages, that would have sucked for you to recoup those, with all the unrest you have to have by now with all those Revelers. Maybe in 15 or so turns we could have another fight and see how our armies stack up to each other then. Good luck with your other conquests though!

You might apply the same logic to virtually every strategy/tactics game from StarCraft to Civ. Most strategy games have an AI that does effectively random stuff, the primary difference is that Dominions gives the AI more rope to hang itself with rather than its decision-making process being particularly awful (for example, in SC2 it tends to do "a bit of everything" kind of builds on one base such that any attack with high-tech units it might do, could be beaten by triple blind expand because it's so undecisive and comes so late, while any determined early attack will push it over because it spends so much on tech it simply doesn't have enough troops to defend).

For anyone who doesn't remember the previous argument he started, this guy's 'problem' with the game is that he gave an order to his units and they didn't do exactly what he thought they would.

Literally this.
It's not good, but it's on par or better than most highest difficulty AIs of other strategy games.

What happens when two commanders attack each other's province in the same turn?

Random. Either one commander moves to the enemy province and the battle happens there, or the other way around.

There's also a chance that they move past each other, but that's much less likely than a battle.

I think that depends on the size of the forces involved

it depends on army size and other factors. no one knows the exact mechanism, but we can safely say one very small army won't stop a definitely bigger one from moving for one turn .

Superb taste! I main them myself doncha know?

-Aiwas

yes

WHICH NATION HAS THE LEAST AMOUNT OF BLACK PEOPLE IN IT?