The anons have spoken. This week we are playing:

>SWAT 4 + Stetchkov Syndicate expansion

>Strawpoll for the next week:
strawpoll.me/11083786

>Pastebin with working links:
pastebin.com/npYE33dr

>We will be using GameRanger to connect:
gameranger.com/

The game has working VoIP (enabled by pressing the "G" key).

Anons with hosting capabilities, please post ITT.

Judging by the number of unique IPs in the last thread and the number of votes in the strawpoll, there's around 10-15 of us.

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/7344905/SWAT_4_Gold_Edition_[PROPER]-AnCiENT
steamcommunity.com/groups/flavourismo
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198036788143/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

TPB is not working for me, can you post magnet?

wat

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:55d3d9bb9050e5c3880defe2d3a64e9538c222ec&dn=SWAT+4+%2B+The+Stetchkov+Syndicate+%2B+Original+EXE&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

Thanks

Some anons were reminiscing how cool it was to play older games with /v/ back in 2009-2013, so some of us decided to make a weekly thread dedicated to connecting them and allowing them to experience that magic once again. Several people voted in a Strawpoll and SWAT 4 won.

I just feel like no one will see this thread. In 1 hour we have 3 different IP's in this thread. The first hour yesterday we had 10 already.

We can always advertise on /v/, that's how it started yesterday. I already made a thread, but it got archived, try making one yourself.

Interesting idea. Have a free bump

Hopefully this is able to survive. Been wanting to play some older games for a while now.

If it survives until the evening hours EST/EDT, then we'll have far more people, I think.

Joining ya, but fuck that link and russian installer. I know if I'm about to get fuck, that I'm already fucked since I've ran the installer. But I ain't installing that shit. I got my own SWAT 4 downloaded, for which I forgot. I should probably upload it so you guys don't fuck around with Russian installers. Maybe the torrent still exists.

You're in my spot, sir.

The installer has been de-trojaned by the OG TPB uploader, read the included readme. I have scanned it with /g/ approved tools and ran it myself on two computers. Also think about it - the torrent was uploaded a fuckload of years ago, I somehow doubt that anyone would be interested in keylogging the credentials of someone who can't afford a legit key for a game from 2005.

As long as you have SWAT 4 + Expansion fully patched, you're good to go. Where you got it is irrelevant.

Fair enough.Either way, I found the torrent of the files I already have:
thepiratebay.org/torrent/7344905/SWAT_4_Gold_Edition_[PROPER]-AnCiENT

Thanks, I will add this as an alterantive in the future pastebins.

Definately works. A year ago I played with 8-9 other people from a certain foreign community and there were no problems with the game. Anyways, whos gonna host a game and when?

Finally, been looking for the thread all day. Maybe we should make a steam group, but keep the group up?

Anyway i'm downloading the torrent and gameranger as we speak

Meant to say: make a steam group, but keep the threads up

SWAT 3 > SWAT 4

kys

kys ys

I will make a Steam group later today. The name will be "Flavour of the week - /v/ideo games", will post link later.

I wouldn't put any reference that the group is from Veeky Forums. That attracts all kinds of autists and memers.

This

This.

Maybe the title should express our idea to gather and play rather dead gsmes like CT Versus or Swat or Call Of Duty UO

Any alternatives?

Just call it
>Flavour of the week - video games
and ignore anything with Veeky Forums

Bump.

bumpin'

steamcommunity.com/groups/flavourismo

Steam group. Post your credentials so I can invite you.

/bronsonxploitation

/Larsenay

Invites sent, keep'em coming.

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198036788143/

Probably won't be able to play SWAT, though.

Why not? If you can't use torrents because of your ISP I can upload the Gold Edition to mega.co.nz or sth.

wich timezones do we have? Euro-time reporting in

also we hanging out in the group chat?

OP here, I'm busy and will be for the next 30-60 minutes. I will stay until late into the night Euro time. Give me an hour and I'll join the group chat. As always, keep the invites coming.

not sure wich euro time you are, but i'm also in the euro zone. 21:32 here. It's friday and for the moment there's not much prospect of a night out, so I'll be staying up late too.

I dunno, maybe we can talk about getting something done around 22:30h-23:00h?

I'm going to be stuck on a laptop for a while soon.

what does your laptop can run?

i'm sure you can run barotrauma for starters, right?

faggots

you can use direct connect with SWAT4, host just has to open ports

Raven Shield is better anyway

yeah raven shield is cool but it doesn't have nonlethal options though

but you're right it's really good

because nonlethal is for pussies

Some ISPs block the ports and you can do nothing but phone them, I know may people who are stuck with shitty ISPs like that.

Anyway, the Steam Group is up, so post your SteamID, vote and spread the word.

Bump.

protip, perhaps consider accepting the friend requests if you actually want to play video games with others OP

Send me a friend request (or post your ID here) and I'll invite you to the group (and ignore the friend request). Sorry, I use my account for RL friends only.

Subrosa host from the other day here.

I can already tell this is going just... just amazing.

>People arguing about whether to play lethal/nonlethal
>People having troubles even getting the game

Like, I'll host a dedicated for Swat 4 if I need to but damn, somehow this is working LESS well than just posting on /v/ does.

There was one random person who called us faggots and had no intention to play, that's hardly "people argue". Nobody has "troubles getting the game", one person was suspicious of a torrent, but many others, including those in the Steam group, tested the game and it works just well. Please, don't add unnecessary negativity.

Post your SteamID here if you want to join the Steam group.

Steam groups lead to player stagnation and cliques, steam groups kill flavor of the week/flavor of the month games. It's one of the reasons the old /v/ FOTM started dying off, because people who were playing them adopted tripcodes and started circlejerking, then nobody new wanted to play.

Also, your use of gameranger is going to make a lot of people not want to play, just use direct IP instead of some malware program.

You're not going to have cliques and circlejerks with a 10-15 people group with no common interests outside few old games , and as for stagnation: if we keep this up for two weeks I'll be really happy. It's about having fun, not creating a "Veeky Forums stamp of approval" phenomenon.

GameRanger is not malware, ffs. Don't act like people from /g/ who refrain from using any anti-virus other than "common sense" (muh proprietary software). Not every game on the list supports Direct IP, too (like Splinter Cell).

But I don't use any anti-virus besides common sense.

Splinter Cell works fine with Hamachi, and probably even Evolve. Why gameranger? I've never even heard of it, and I've heard of most shitty malware used to play old games online.

Stop arguing you fucking faggots. Why can't we just have a fun time? If you don't like something suggest an alternative, or just fuck off.

GameRanger was created in 1999 and is the least intrusive and easiest to use one. Hamachi (or actually LogMeIn) is a fucking malware botnet, Evolve is another nu-gamer bullshit, even Tunngle fell in quality over the years.

I'm not arguing, I created both the Steam group and the thread with the pastebins and polls for a reason. I'm going to sleep now, though, so if the thread dies you'll have to wait until I wake up for a new one.

>Tunngle
>FELL in quality
Tunngle was the lowest of the low, it was just BR hamachi except bad.

Also the thread will die, because you tried to get people to not post on Veeky Forums and instead join a steamgroup where they have no reason to post in the thread or try to get new people to join in.

dumb frogposter