/rwg/ - Rimworld general

Everyone is too lazy to make the new one general.

rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows [1 to as many game can take before crashing] survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, the epic scale of Dune, Warhammer 40,000 and Randy fucking up your shit for 10th god damn time in a row.

FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)
Recommended Modlist: pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq
Please leave any suggestions for the OP pastebin as replies to this post.

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ludeon.com/blog/2016/08/features-preview-of-alpha-15/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how are your last a14 colonies going anons

>mechanoids landing in the middle of your base

I hope at some point we get more map designs, I'd love to have a rocky coastline map that's scattered mountains, beaches, and water.

My only regrets are making walls out of slate and playing with Phoebe.

when will be a15?

>8 single bedrooms
>1 double one
>11 people

??

if all goes well hopefully in the next couple of days
tynan is already putting out release candidate builds in the steam beta branch

Nevermind, I'm blind.

I hope none of you actually build the ship.

I did.

??
not me btw just some faggot tries to be me.

>carpets require TECHNOLOGY to unlock

explain this fags

Things colonists say when trying to create a romance.

Yeah, I don't really see why anyone would. I just stop playing when I feel "done" with a colony, rather than twiddling my thumbs until I've amassed enough resources to get off the planet.

The ship really needs to be an optional way to end the game and instead become a main way to raid other areas and maybe start a "new game plus" where you get the ship, same save+everything and everyone you brought with the ship.

It would be nice to raid the tribal cunts that stole that one unlucky guy who was far outside to get him back instead of paying like a cuck.

What the difference in Vanilla Tweaks?

Core library doesn't work desu lads desu desu.

I'd like a few options here.

>Building the ship and sending your colonist(s) away sends them to a type of hall of fame
>That colonist gets a badge or something for surviving the map he was on and can then be picked to go on more adventures and gain more awards
>Before/instead of building a ship you can travel directly to other maps and build a new or secondary settlement there or just use it for raw material gathering.
>Ability to come across other NPC settlements when traveling.

What will happen to the mods?

Every fucking season I have to deal with this shit.
Thankfully it rained afterwards this time.

I hope you liked your meal. I was forced to use your dog.

>Before/instead of building a ship you can travel directly to other maps and build a new or secondary settlement there or just use it for raw material gathering.
>Ability to come across other NPC settlements when traveling.
These.
It would be nice if you could make multiple settlements, bonus points if the ship was an OPTIONAL endgame way to travel across the whole world quickly, without any enviromental factors or food needs affecting the travellers. The settlements could also be a part of diplomacy which start out guaranteed as allied, but can detoriate depending on who's running the colonies. Raids on hostile faction bases et cetera.
Maybe more NPC colonies popping up as game goes on?

"Build ship to end game" is a really hamfisted end goal.

probably rip until they are updated to a15

if the growing period is "never".
Will something grow when I use a sunlight bulb + heater indoors on soil?

I want to make sadles and be able to ride on animals. Better animals menagement would be nice too.

yes

Noice senpai :D

Arctic Empire!!!!! YES I WILL FREEZE TO DEATH!!!

Yes. Good luck finding any soil and getting enough power to heat up the place.

horses WHEN

>getting enough power to heat up the place.
>he doesn't build 10 solar power plants and four gethermals as basic needs

It's like you're trying to noob me.

>:D
>!!!

:3c

:P

Fight me xD

>psychic drone ship and a manhunter pack at the same type

Even just being able to start a new game in the same file with colonists on the ship having the possibility of showing up later would be nice

What an unfortunate scientist

Why are mortars so shit?

I've spent more than two days firing at a god damned poison ship. My main gunner has 16 shooting. I've fired almost 40 artillery rounds at this point and hit it 2 or 3 times.

Spent like 4 days inside my base until they starved and left. Then sniped the mechacunts one by one.

as far as i know mortars are not affected by the pawns shooting skill

man how do you deal with throw away clothes and shit, with weapon at least you can melt them

man, I have a couple of studs
maybe I should slaughter any of their male offspring craster-style

Anyone got good tips on defending against raiders? Even on standard difficulty they seem to come quite often and they're kind of a pain to deal with.

My current method is to wall in my compound and surround the entrances with sandbags and pillars

a ship is a really small target, you pretty much need a direct hit

mortars feel balanced to me when counter sieging a siege raid because the pawns are spread apart that you'll hit someone around maybe 1/10 times if you aim at center mass

>prison break
>the retard does the following and tries to dig the wall marked with X

there is no incest between animals in a14, probably a15 too

kill boxes are the best way to defend yourself

just as hilarious as

>sapper raid
>ancient danger in their path
>they mine into it

How does a kill box work? You leave one opening and all ai automatically path through to it?

yes
you wall yourself all around, leave 1 spot open and focus all defenses on it
sappers will still go for the shortest path to your base though

Gosh those raid are just too frequent.
And I thought that I will be fine with basebuider

There needs to be a way to forcefully feed people drugs like go-juice so they won't go apeshit berserk because of stubbed toe.

And there has to be LSD or some drug that would make converting prisoners easier.

I just realized that "cozy" is how guys have found a way to describe things as "cute" without compromising their masculinity.

if raids in basebuilder are seriously hurting you you might need to come up with better defenses. I was surprised at how frequent they were (and when grenades and snipers got pulled out on my tribals), so I ended up adding a maze of walls and traps and now eveything's fine

you're cute

I want to cut a tunnel to the other valleys, but I really, really don't want to expose overhead mountain.

is there anything I can do? I've collapsed overhead mountain before, very very carefully, but that was when I had actually carved away at all of the outsides. I don't think it will be possible here.

This.
user is cute! C U T E!

Do have to research anything in A14 EPOE in order to harvest more than vanilla organs? I did tribal start and while I get the workbenches I can't hack off arms and legs.

I think it's based a lot off how you are doing so if you have lots of food and are fending off the Raiders well the storyteller seems to keep sending more

she died of heart attack. should have done the transplant. she was a great warrior.

After seeing this general i've decided to hop back into Rimworld. Whenever i try and get my citizen to manually pick something up (like the survival rifle you land with) the prompt doesn't show up. It only shows up if that citizen is conscripted. I noticed i can't make any of my players do anything manually. Is this a new feature? Using a bunch of mods btw

you sure you allowed them to use the item ?
if there is a red X you have to select the item and press F

yea i checked that, the items are not forbidden. The manual prompt when i right click isn't showing up

try running without any mods, that shouldnt be happening

Thanks that worked, now i have to figure out which mod it would be. You've helped a lot already but do you think there is any one specific kind of mod that could cause something like that?

no idea but if i were you i'd wait for alpha 15 to release before going back into the game
ludeon.com/blog/2016/08/features-preview-of-alpha-15/

>i'd wait
I'm playing it right now.

tell me about the leader of your colony, /rwg/

Val is our War Chief, which I guess makes him our regular Chief too. He and our healer Heron were lovers at the beginning, but she rejected his proposal and he spent a lot of time wandering around in a daze.

If it weren't for Heron holding things together and their reconciliation during a plague, the tribe might have been lost. But now he's back to his former glory.

And leading an expedition to check out this building!

I wish people called me cute irl

THIS building

I view the ship as something of last resort

if my defenses get overwhelmed, the survivors can at least escape

much danger
so ancient

It's big because I'm vat-grown.

Hope she's grateful. Could use a new warrior.

>tries playing one man colony
>Randy is being a dick by not sending colonists
>lone colonist gets the flu and ends up dying.
FML

tomb of the unknown spacer

reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

There really needs to be a way of self treatment

>dedicated hauler
>can clean
>good with animals
>hilarious w/ a minigun

there is
it's called alcohol

agreed, at least for somethings. surgical procedures shouldn't be allowed.

wow
no respect
seriously what conceivable reason could he have for doing this

rude!!!

What's the quickest way to level up crafting?

My best candidate is literally level 1 but has double flame on it.

make stone blocks
you can always find a use for stone blocks and quality doesn't matter

any suggestions on how to defend this tunnel? what you see there has worked okay so far, but I lose a steel door at the far end every time we have a battle

it connects my town with most of the map

Real talk: has anyone really been so far as to witness colonists playing chess?

Remove every other piece of rubble, the movement penalty is for 'climbing' them, not being on them, and they don't help as cover when not right beside you anyway.

You may want to make it double wide and place traps in a checkerboard pattern. Your dudes will walk around them but enemies won't. But, that would mean two come through at a time.

And there are always turrets.

Do you mean playing chess against each other? Then no, I don't think I have. I've seen them play against themselves several times, though.

Do you guys know any easter eggs in the game? I just noticed that colonists gain about .33 shooting exp every time they throw a horseshoe.

so does the planet we generate even matter after we pick our starting tile?

No

does ludeonicrous map size rape all PCs?

no
the first year can be a bit taxing because of all the animals but after that the maps are pretty empty of animals except for the borders
also drop pods can spawn pretty far from you

so is checkerboard the optimal rubble pattern or is stripes?

no turrets yet since we're tribals

in pic related, enemies managed to get to the sandbags and engage in hand to hand, which was not great. gonna widen my end since I have more shooters than space right now.

no turrets yet since we're tribals

there's no animal migration in this game?
am i supposed to breed them myself?

why'd you even dig the tunnel in the first place

animals do show up in the following years
they will just spend most of the years on the borders of the map and then leave from a random side when winter comes
the first year has the most animals

pic is my start

Stripes, if you checkerboard rubble they'll still be able to be on it and move at full speed by going diagonal. Now that I think about it you may want to try
R rubble
T trap
E empty
---------
RTTE
TERT

Repeated. They'll either be slowed by rubble or run into traps and your dudes can still get in and out.

Nice.

>pick randy random on extreme
>nothing ever happens