/twg/ - Total War General

The true von Carstein edition

>The Grim and the Grave
youtube.com/watch?v=1yI1LVCGNpc
store.steampowered.com/app/404013/

>Call of the Beastmen
store.steampowered.com/app/404012/
gamesdeal.com/total-war-warhammer-call-of-the-beastmen-dlc.html (Cheaper)

>Patch notes
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_2

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer Mods
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>IS CALL OF THE BEASTMEN WORTH BUYING?
The Beastmen are a cool faction but the pack is a bit overpriced for what you get. There probably won't be a price drop for some time, so if you really like the Beastmen then go ahead, otherwise wait it out.

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure not garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

the false von threadstein thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/ep2Fk3L.png
imgur.com/9PPwOcj
i.imgur.com/RvkwtMD.png
imgur.com/QN9Otwo
i.imgur.com/TqxQSE5.png
imgur.com/kKV3ql9
i.imgur.com/I128urs.png
imgur.com/qj1DTMC
i.imgur.com/p08QOGy.png
i.imgur.com/xkg9ipI.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>747 posts
>page 4
>new thread

Reminder to report and ingore shitposting

Is it really so hard not to leak information about upcoming DLC?

Rollan!

Is my waifu /totalwar/ related?

>playing Attila
>Garamantians
>only son has had 3 illegitimate kids by turn 6
>keep trying to find a wife, both have had +20% chance of having illegitimate children
>to top it off, his first bastard died

Does he deserve it for muddying the bloodline?

>implying it's not deliberate

Genevieve Dieudonné legendary hero when?

I really, really, really just need to fucking vent. Because Steam is so fucking racist and misogynist, and Valve seems to refuse to want to get up off their lazy asses and fix it.
I'm a huge fan (Or rather I used to be a huge fan) of the Total War franchise, but one of the biggest gripes I've been having with the newer games is how whitewashed and streamlined everything's become. This really starts to show up after Shogun 2, and is a big reason why I'm not planning on bothering with future games . This is especially bad in Rome 2. Egyptians are Arabian looking even though Egyptians at that time period would've still looked ethnically "Black". Rome is 100% white for some reason. It's really, really embarrassing. So, thankfully, I've been able to find a few mods that corrected that:
i.imgur.com/ep2Fk3L.png
... Then I scrolled down to the comments:
imgur.com/9PPwOcj
Then I was like, "Oh, this can't be a pattern, there has to be another mod that maybe doesn't have a trash comments section-"
i.imgur.com/RvkwtMD.png imgur.com/9PPwOcj
GOSH. And so I went and checked this other guy's mods. Not only are they downvoted as hell, but...
imgur.com/QN9Otwo
So I went to the guy's page, and I noticed that he did a really interesting drawing of an Egyptian God...
i.imgur.com/TqxQSE5.png
Y'all Know what's coming
imgur.com/kKV3ql9
The worst part is that it's not even just this game that has this bullshit.
i.imgur.com/I128urs.png imgur.com/qj1DTMC
The same dude ended up doing a review calling out all of the racist comments. Just look at his "liked" ratio:
i.imgur.com/p08QOGy.png i.imgur.com/xkg9ipI.png
So at this point I'm 100% done. For the record, I actually HAVE reported all of these comments to Steam Support, but because Steam Support doesn't actually moderate for shit, these comments are still up. I just can't take it anymore.

NapoopaN

>ebdanian
yes

Why do I love Vlad so much?
It's pretty simple when I think about it.
Vlad isn't just the best character in the Warhammer world, he might just be the greatest character of all time.
Just imaging him riding through the swamps of Sylvania, the wind in his hair, his mighty steed below him.
As he rides through the World's Edge Mountains, the Lahmians swoon at his very scent.
They know how he smells, the essence of his smell is sold in Marienburg under the the name of "Carstein Orgasm."
The very nature of Vlad is mystery.
Could he be playing a deeper game than even his creator realizes?
The answer is yes, he has transcended such boundaries as the written world, and has free will to do whatever he sees fit.
However, Vlad is filled with such guile, such arcane craft that he does not even use these powers.
Why, you might ask? You will never know, for the mind of the Vlad is not one that is easily penetrated.
Vlad is such a force of nature in his realm that nothing can truly touch him, the only thing keeping him bound to the page at all is his will to exist within the preordained boundaries of his world.
Vlad is not only beyond the comprehension of us, he exists within a plane of true focus and beauty.
Observe his playful smile, his gorgeous and rippling biceps, his gallant nose, and most importantly, his eyes.
His eyes, like pools of saffron, provide the only glimpse into the true machinations of Vlad. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone mad in the attempt.
Vlad is not just a character, a formless collection of words and images, he is himself is the binding that holds the Warhammer world together.
Without Vlad, the entire Warhammer world, the entire Games Workshop as we know it crumbles.
The Reik would stop flowing without Vlad, Athel Loren would become a desolate crater, and Norsca would melt without his frosty gaze.
These are just of a few of the reasons why I like Vlad so much.

Lain is not for shitpost, even if it's just reposting somebody's I'M TRIGGERED rant because they poked fun at the black revisionist history mods

Look like fucking shit

>insulting the true von Carstein
That's just so typical of you, Mannlet

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

Im excited for Vlad!!!

t. Manfred

WE WUZ EGYPTIANS AND SHIEEET

Shut the fuck up Mannlet.

I want to rename Vampire-chan to Isabella and make Vlad happy :)

Why do people dislike empire total war?

Are the lady vamps any good in combat, or are they generic spellcasters?

Both

Bascially Rome 2 at launch.

I personally dislike it because of the fucking font. Jesus fuck why the hell is it so small.

They're pretty damn good in combat
Immortal will is basically a self targeted Nehek with no winds cost, so they can stay alive for a long time.

Legitimately cannot wait to do his quest battles

One better be against Manny.

>Vlad shares his abberant immortality with those he trusts
>Mannfred doesn't get anything from it

Id be off the charts hyped if we got a "flashback" battle of him during the assault on altdorf

that and the fact im hyped as fuck for his inevitable Gelt tier VA

The nation calls

>his inevitable Gelt tier VA
>inevitable
Please don't jinx it, nothing would ruin him more than shit voice acting...
I guess they'll officially reveal him monday in some Lets Play with the new units

I just want a "True von Carstein" scenario battle like the fall of men one.

Altdorf battle would be cool as fuck though. And hopefully his VA is good, but so far we've had good/mediocre ones in war ham.

cracked when

>inevitable Gelt tier VA

DON'T YOU DARE, user
DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE JINX IT

Gelt and Franz are off the chart amazing, literally the best VA in any total war game

some are pretty sub par in warhammer though ill admit, looking at you mannfred

WHEN A GETZ THERE, GONNA STAAAB!

Greenskin VAs are great.

So are Dawi ones.

Gelt's speeches are all just great.

WE SHALL CONSULT THE ORACLE

will Vladdy daddy have god-tier voice acting of wise and powerful 8 ball?

>'everyone' expects the regeneration of Blood Drinker and the von Carstein Ring to be shit
inb4 he's overpowered as hell and even regenerates more hp than he loses from crumbling.
He probably has 'The Hunger' too, damn he will be great!

Thank you 8 ball!!!

Are we going to get Isabella aswell?

>Most likely

Phew, dodged a bullet there.

SICKLY, SINFUL SPECTACLES STAND, SHUFFLE, SHAMBLE AND SAUNTER SHAMELESSLY IN MINE SCANDALIZED SIGHT! I SUGGEST A SOLUTION...

Thank you based 8-ball, 'most likely' is more than enough!

oh wise*

also yay

Will Mannfred be btfo by Daddy Vladdy?

Is Mannfred better than Vlad?

Why do people always forget the salacious, scandalous and sensational servant of Slaanesh?

Does that mean they're balanced and CA can finally into balancing?

>8
Fuck you 8 ball!

Is necrophilia wrong if the corpse in question gives consent?

Are the Wood Elves huge, psychopath assholes that should never be in the game?

Since siggy sucks some shamefully sloppy schlong

>2
FUCK OFF 8 BALL

Assuming it's the corpse itself that is providing consent, and not some spooky necromancer from behind the scenes, then yes.

Mannfred confirmed for being the magical 8 ball

Am I the one true git?

>1
8-ball delivers again!

Is grimgor da biggest and the bestest Lord?

Should all G O B L I N S be executed on sight?

Green skins confirmed best faction.

Based 8 ball, the only Wood Elf that I know of, pic related, is a huge cunt, so fuck them.

Does prince sigvald the magnificent have a glorious and resplendent collection of scented dragon dildo's?

Like it was even a question

Don't forget Vlad also grants his entire army vanguard deployment

Will Tomb Kings ever get announced?

WILL the Tomb Kangz get announced?

[Rattling intensifies]

If they are in the 1st addon they will be announced in spring 2017

Looks like something out of fucking oblivion

Will grace like my mannfred meme?

Grace hates memes.

Any mod that makes vampire chan look hotter?

Why would you need to improve perfection user?

The beta ended and they were very happy with where they were. Let them build the fucking thing.

GRACE ON SUICIDE WATCH

Can I summon the Elector Counts?

Baptistanon was on Veeky Forums? What happened?

Will i ever lose my virginity?

Who cares

You gon get laid some day user!!!

I do, it sounds amusing.

I want to get rid of the makeup, but the mod on steam workshop also removes her cleavage.

he posted a bunch of stuff, people laughed at him, I 'd him, people laughed more at him, I came back to /twg/ and we continued to discuss Total War and not some autistic Slav professional baiter.

B T F O

We should have spammed /twg/ memes there,

Total noob here, is Azhag harder than Grimgor ?
Im playing on hard

>Baptistanon
What did I miss, I stopped playing around beastmen, but with the new DLC I am back? We talking about Arch Lector?

Not fangy enough, there is too much contrast between his non-nose and the rest of his face, his eyes are completely red, and he's too purple (or needs more purple and some blue)
Vlad fixes when?

He doesnt know

hownew.ru

I agree he does not look great, something of about his face i dont think it is angular enough it is to round.

He looks like an old man with wispy grey hair, it should be fuller and white.

She could try not being a hellbound harlot.

In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls or costly array
(1 Timothy 2:9)

He has been killed a fuckton of times and is old as fuck, also been in exile for god knows how many centuries.

He's not exactly going to be the prettiest of vamps. People are letting their romantic image of him fuck over their brains.

Most of the complaints are how he somehow looks less vampiric than the generic vampire lords currently in game.

Please for the love of god. any mods that make vampire chan get rid of her makeup?
she is dead
she is already in hell.
she can and should dress like a harlot.