Mazda rotaries > toyota pistons

mazda rotaries > toyota pistons

IF you are a JApanese team, do something JApanese, do not try to outdo the EUrops at their own GAME.You will FAYLE every time.

Mazda continues to BTFO pistoncucks

LiquidPiston rotary>any cylinder pistón garbage

>LiquidPiston rotary
This name always annoyed me
>liquid
It is the opposite
>piston
It has non
>rotary
Only true part

This Mazda is a v10

Thanks to their thirsty engine they got 100kg less than the limit at le mans, infact on the rest of the 1991 they were destroyed by silk cut jaguars

desu it has a piston, pistons are not necessarily cylindrical

google hossack engine, plus there are some torodial engines with rectangular pistons

>implying it didn't have better fuel economy than piston engines

news is saying it might be a turbo failure now.

So why they gave 787b 100 kg advantage? For fun?

the 787b was already lighter than its competitors

>assmad Toyotafags can't deal

>pistoncucks so btfo they ban the wankel the next year

> toyota
> using turbos instead of rotors
kek

look at all the rotary cars racing in lemans.... oh wait.

>MXR-01

rotaries haven't been allowed in 25 years, idiot

>says rotary is superior
>posts pic of Mazda with a Judd V10.

You played yourself, nigga.

>Allowed
They're shit not banned m8

>reciprocatin pstons only

hmm

Wasn't that also a Jaguar at one point?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: TWR originally built the XJR-14 chassis for Jaguar to use in sportscar racing. After Jaguar dropped out of racing, Mazda approached TWR because their old 787B would no longer be legal for the 1992 regs and despite the Le Mans win, the 787B was an under-performer. To Mazda the having a competitive off-the-shelf chassis from people who actually knew what they were doing and already conformed to the new regs was a deal too good to pass up. They put a Judd in it and went racing. Unfortunately, the Mazda team never really got it sorted and were stomped by Peugeot and Toyota.

Fun fact: A spare TWR XJR-14 chassis was bought by Joest after TWR's assets were liquidated. It was fitted with a Porsche motor to become the WSC-95 which went on to score back-to-back wins at the LM24 in '96 and '97.

>TLDR: XJR-14 was a badass racecar.

As awesome as these cars look and perform, the FIA turning the C1 class into F1-lite killed it.

That's certainly an arguable point, but Group C racing was heading in that direction anyway. The costs were getting astronomical and Jaguar's racing program was outpacing just about everybody else at the time so they established the new regs to cut down development costs and abet parity amongst the teams. They failed, despite their endeavours and category kept falling out of interest with manufacturers and fans alike and GT racing became popular.

>Fun fact: A spare TWR XJR-14 chassis was bought by Joest after TWR's assets were liquidated. It was fitted with a Porsche motor to become the WSC-95 which went on to score back-to-back wins at the LM24 in '96 and '97.
Japanese team unable to unfuck itself and get results. Cuts and runs. More talented people take their leftovers and dominate. Where have I heard this story before?

>rice burners

Fake and gay

i'm afraid i cant hear you over the sound of 18 le mans victories

More like 17.5, the 18th one was down to dumb luck.

>fuck with the FIA
>get banned

Who'd have thought?

Being on the lead lap with an unbroken car at 23:57 when your opponent's car fails is not "dumb" luck.
>LUCK IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN PREPARATION MEETS OPPORTUNITY

As much as I was rooting for Toyota, Porsche earned that win by not exploding at the final hour. Hopefully next year Toyota will take home that trophy with less explody cars, but I'm still pleased to see them both BTFO Audi

>still a VAG victory

It's not called the "23 hours and 55 minutes of Le Mans," dummy.

It doesn't matter if a car drops out the first minute or the last, the fact of the matter is that the #5 Toyota was unable to finish.