Fwd to awd

i just got a honda CRV in fwd only configuration. this was because it was the only one on the lot and i needed a vehicle that day or else i would be screwed. i digress. what would i need to do to go from fwd to awd? i know there is a crv awd configuration, so i can't imagine it to be too hard. new rear diffy and drive shaft? would i need a new PCM? what kind of stuff would i have to wire in?
>inb4 OP is stupid. i'm an industrial and hydraulics mechanic, i just don't know cars that well.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wEJNP00MVCE
nadaguides.com/Cars/1999/Honda/CR-V-4-Cyl-4WD/Utility-4D-EX-4WD/Specs
youtube.com/watch?v=lNzdnjVrMNg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Automatic systems require new ECU, new driveshaft, transfer case, new rear diff, shittons of labour. Not worth it, should have bought something AWD stock.

These FWD-biased SUVs don't lend themselves to much mechanical modification, you're better off buying an old RAV4 with AWD. CRV is a cuckmobile bro.

>CRV is cuckmobile
nope

>"it's an automatic"

>These FWD-biased SUVs don't lend themselves to much mechanical modification, you're better off buying an old RAV4 with AWD. CRV is a cuckmobile bro.
The first and second gen Rav4's and CR-V's are great for modification since they were based on the Corolla/Civic. Early Rav4's use a similar AWD system to the mid-90s Celica GT-Four, and also use a N/A S engine. So the Celica GT-Four's 3S-GTE bolts right in.

The CR-V has the same double wishbone front and rear suspension of the Civic. Lower it a bit and it's basically just a Civic wagon, except it came factory with a B-series engine. No need to swap that. Swap the head with one from an Integra GS-R and enjoy being able to make 200 HP N/A from your 2.0L, AWD, Civic Wagon.

Yes. Objectively yes.

No. Objectively, anything with a BMW or Audi badge is driven exclusively by cucks. CR-V's are for faithful men with faithful wives and children who like picnics.

Goddamnit. Veeky Forums ate my pic.

You're a fucking idiot. You could have driven further until you found an AWD one. Why the fuck do you need awd?

>AWD
>small
>light
Lower it, put small rpf1 on it, turbo the motor.

Or just buy a RAV4 with a V6.

>0-60 in 5.2 seconds

youtube.com/watch?v=wEJNP00MVCE

too much $$

but the cr-v isn't awd all the time
how much does it weigh anyway

>o is going to trick people into buying a cr-v and making it a tuner
I love this board, it's /pol/ tier

bruh

>transverse engine
>FWD-until-the-computer-feels-you-fucked-up """"AWD""""
>over 3,500 pounds

whatever dude

I know...

>living that I4 life
>why even live

is this the new prelude?
btw noice

>says the little boy who has never driven an AWD car

Can't hear you over the sound of Tyrone fucking your wife while you watch.

>>over 3,500 pounds
no
just under 3200 lbs. so about as much as a new FWD Civic
nadaguides.com/Cars/1999/Honda/CR-V-4-Cyl-4WD/Utility-4D-EX-4WD/Specs

this is faster than 75% of Veeky Forums
youtube.com/watch?v=lNzdnjVrMNg

I kinda want one but

>into that mazda game

Anyways OP. To do an AWD swap, you need the transmission, propshaft. and entire rear suspension from an AWD CR-V, along with said cars ECU.
Honestly, it's easier to just buy an AWD CRV

>in a straight line
wowitsnothing

It's trash.
That's bad dipshit. A shitty civic is better
Did people actually buy a Prelude? LOL

>stock ride height in suspension
>straight lines
ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

>its bad because I say so

even if its awd it cant handle

lower it and it can. It still has the Civic and Integra's double wishbone suspension.

nah
you wont trick me into getting that

>its got double wishbone suspension!
lmao

>mfw that CR-V actually produces 500hp

It's just a lifted Civic wagon. What's there to be afraid of?

getting a shitty mom's car instead of a car that's light and fun to drive

OP is stupid. Sell it and buy an awd one you fucking idiot.

but moms cars make the best sleepers.

for straight lines...

He's not wrong though. The crv is a piece of trash.

>muh sleeper
are you 15

you know you want some CRVtec

you do all this to defend crv but not prelude....

the prelude is good but too rare in my area so inspiring examples are hard to find. also I haven't once disparaged the prelude or its merits. the prelude is one of the top 10 cars I have driven.

but its just a shitty accord...civic is better......prelude understeer off track

don't change the subject. this thread is to honor the almighty AWD civic.

You must not have driven too many cars

so AWD is better?
you really know how to make people feel like shit

actually I always thought the fwd handled better but the awd is more for the sake of having it.

>FWD handled better

Does Honda make any good cars

S2k and nsx. All else is utter trash.

all hail the crv

Modded CRV's and RAV's are so cute, I hope this becomes a thing.

The first and second gens were

and the second gens got the glorious K-series. You can convert the 5 speed to a 6 speed while retaining the AWD

why would honda do this? they could have cornered the market on a sporty wagon. they're already half way there

All they had to do was lower it, give it the K24 of the Acura TSX, and give it the AWD 6 speed manual and they would've owned that market.

its even more baffling when you consider that they already had the honda element

Soichiro didn't die for this

The Element was a CRV with 2 door styling. An Element Si would've fucking SOLD.

And Top Gear fucking LOVED the Element Which is amazing since they usually hate American cars.
>but Honda...
The Element was conceived, developed, styled, and built in America.

My friend's dad owns a CRV. From what I understand, he sells a lot of weed and passes at at his kids houses a lot because he hates his wife, but is too afraid to leave her. That's the only CRV owner that I've even known personally.

>"turbo sleeper"
>with an intake sticking out through a missing headlight

pick uno

>not getting the superior small AWD SUV

>muh ride height

maybe you could try not being a disgusting stancefaggot

>available in manual and AWD
>that cargo room
>that roominess
>uses modified CR-V platform

yes

yes I do but each time you go pass 7500 rpm the engine litteraly burn its internals and drinks a shitton of oil while you scream woa vtec just kicked in! nope because it will be actually your fucking rear axles who had shattered because they a tiny weak bitches
>rtawd vtec on a b20 is shit
>but muh honda reliability
not when you screw up your head like a fucking boyracer, yes you can build a reliable b20 vtec but its will cost the same than buying a fucking ae86

Op you dun goofed just move around to sell dope in it like and buy some rwd car for weekends

It'll be cheaper to sell that and buy an AWD version

Are you pretending to be retarded

>muh rwd
Fuck off

Yhats a huge and expensive project. Unless you have tons of cash and time to throw away, it's not worth it. You clearly don't understand what a ridiculous goal is for someone who "needed" a car bad enough to just pick up some econo suv

have you ever fucking tried at least to put a vtec in a b series shitty boresighted engine base, or at least drove one?
>muh rwd
yeah your right driving a fwd crv is way better

>muh RWD!
>muh ae86
Fuck off Corey

I did the 2wd->4wd conversion in my WJ, it required a front axle, driveshaft, transfer case, output housing, trans mount, shift lever, and a lot of sweat.

The WJ is a much more stout and simple vehicle than a CRV, and some manufactures have different frames (cough cough ford cough cough) for 2wd and 4wd models. You likely won't get spoonfed that information here.

Sell it and get a AWD/4WD somethingelse IMO. If you're really attached to it and feel you have the know how, junkyards and search engines are your friend.

I forgot to mention that I used all-junkyard parts, with a Vari-lok front axle, NP242HD, and double cardan shafts for ~$600.

My mates dad drives a CR-V and he's pretty cool.