/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, August 26th:
1071 – Battle of Manzikert: The Seljuq Turks defeat the Byzantine army at Manzikert.
1346 – Hundred Years' War: The military supremacy of the English longbow over the French combination of crossbow and armoured knights is established at the Battle of Crécy.
1813 – War of the Sixth Coalition: An impromptu battle takes place when French and Prussian-Russian forces accidentally run into each other near Liegnitz, Prussia

>News
EU4 Rights of Man DLC announced

EU4 DD18/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-18th-of-august-2016.963425/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!IkNwBRKR!WI_JYByFpRFzXLx3d1uD2A

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.5 - 29/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PtbAaZplBX8
dropbox.com/s/571iocmbx9z5z3g/Disable CK2 Data Sharing.cmd?dl=0
youtube.com/watch?v=wti8E-dQsu8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

remember to buy paradox games

Should I be afraid of playing CK2 on steam with pirated DLC:s considering the data sharing with Paradox?

Well done lad

Reminder that paradox is selling your data.

Reposting in here, since it's a new thread.

I'm new to grand strategy. Bought EU4 and all its DLC the other week.

How do I make my armies 'good'? In the early game, I've got a stack of 20 troops (14 infantry and 6 cavalry), but they struggle to take down even enemy 10k stacks.

How do I get gud?

Arumba

Probably.
HPM uploaded a .cmd file that blocked all the connections for you.

Are you walking into superior numbers, are your armies low on morale or men? Is your tech shittier than your opponent?
Post pics.

>Bought EU4 and all its DLC the other week.

don't attack into shitty terrain across rivers

Where do I put that file?

evolution

>and run it
How? It's just a text file for me.

rip orthodox christianity

>3.37 MB
I'll take your word for it

here, sorry

>current year
>having shit internet
wew 2bh

revolution

What's that pirate flag supposed to be I haven't updated this shit since India

t. Australia pro

I'm trying so hard yet I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

Have 10k more army.
Have equal military tech.
Defending on hills.
Have better leader.
Enemy is river crossing.

At the start of the battle I have half morale and getting rekt. Playing as England vs France.

list of epidemics, it's from the new DLC

you have a shit general, 1/1 is not enough to save that army
also morale is really important early game, so half morale is really bad

Alright lads, give me some good goals for this fellow.

This character is in-game btw, I did not create it.

>want to send diplomat to improve relations with Hungarian king
>realize this monster blob appeared while I was busy with local affairs

>playing as England vs France
Sorry to let you down bud, but check Frances National Ideas. One of them (second one?) Is called Elán and gives them a shitload of extra morale just for being France. Welcome to EU4.

Become the King of Sweden and turn it into a merchant republic

1) Make sure you've got a good general. High shock is something you want them to have.
2) 6 cavalry is too much, 3 or 4 would be better.
3) When you unlock cannons make sure to have at least 6 of those in your armies to ease sieging.
4) Always look out for terrain. Avoid attacking across rivers or into hills/mountains/from sea, unless your general has a high manouevre stat.
5) Generally avoid attacking armies an equal size to you, if you've got a decently-sized army (

The year is 1500.
But I don't know what's the cause of the low morale. I had 4/4/2/0 general from 100 mil tradition event against their 2/3/1/1 general.

podcat's there too

DON'T:
>have a more than 2:1 ratio of infantry:cavalry (cavalry fight on flanks, and won't engage if they don't have a 'target'; watch a few battles on speed 2/3 and you'll see what I mean---in later stages of infantry-heavy battles it's just infantry smashing into each other with cavalry doing fuck all)
>have armies without a leader
>attack across rivers, into hills/mountains, or off of ships---avoid as many penalties as possible
>engage with enemies if you can help it, your time and manpower are better spent sieging forts

adopt judaism

>Rum exists
that's a rare sight

>egypt declares jihad on me while seljuks are invading me
this is why i LOVE this game. because it is
E P I K
P
I
K

Get a cancer and die.

Is that even possible?

I see. Well that sucks then. Is there anything I can do in the future / another playthrough? Except playing as another country.

>playing ERE
>not playing superior 1081 start and retaking Anatolia

Thanks for the tips. I'll try and work them into my game.

Also, yes, all the DLC bar those shitty e-books and unit packs. Gaze upon my shittiness and despair.

i just wanted to see how it is to start with the historically useless romanos. he lived up to his name.

you might have had really shit rolls
it is not on later start dates
2bh I'm really sad the later start dates were so neglected, some really interesting mechanics they could have made,
instead they decided to dive right into the dark ages and never came back, reaper's due is a step in the right direction, however there's not going to be a lot more expansions for ck2, so it's maybe too late

>look up the patchnotes for the reaper's due
>all this viking -who seem to seem to were body-positive feminist according to Paracuck- dickriding
>at least I'll have the option to disable reformation so these fuckers aren't everywhere endgame

Well you can rush the Mil Idea Groups, Quality and Offensive are both pretty good but that'll set you back a bit on actual Mil Tech. Alternatively, ally anyone and everyone who even remotely dislikes france and hope they help you in the war. Other than that, the tips the other anons have given are all great tips (avoid penalties/better generals/bad terrain)

Sorry, no. I didn't have the time on work on it and today I just ran a few tests about this CK2 stuff.

I don't know, depends on their policy. They can get accurate data on what DLCs a certain steam ID owns and they can reach your account your steam ID. If they can cross this data with how many people own the DLC, what accounts own the DLC, they can have accurate numbers on piracy and could ask Steam to punish IDs. This is all theory though, I don't know if Steam shares this kind of information with Paradox.

See the reply above.

Yes.

In windows 7 (and older Windows versions) it should run as a batch file. Double click it, a prompt pop up will appear quickly, do the stuff and close itself.
Depending on your security configurations, or maybe if you have Windows 8 or 10 since I don't know if they changed anything related to this. If the batch file doesn't work, just find the hosts file and add it yourself.

Allies never seem to help anyway. I had allied Austria, Scotland and Portugal. None of them seemed really interested.
I'll keep playing as England vs France and see what works.

How do I turn it into a batch file then? I have Windows 7 with the Windows Defender bullshit turned off.

I might become inmortal as Johan lmao

most importantly if he really wants to beat france is to do it really really early, he can ally aragon or some other nearby power and simply outnumber the french, who wouldn't hve access to their OP ideas yet
just spam troops and mercs and have good allies, france is not very strong at the start

This is what happens when you hire female """""developers"""""

Quite frankly all I'm trying to do is survive long enough to do "An Industrial Evolution". I don't want France getting its hands on my provinces.

holy shit you might be playing Johan's life story

yeah you're fucked, doesn't matter if you have the fucking astartes if they don't want to fight they wont fight

Anyway, as a last post:

opstm.paradoxplaza.com is the server where the data is being sent to. 54.225.178.152 is a server of services.paradoxplaza.com, which controls the news part of the launcher. Disabling the official name of the server (ec2-54-225-178-152.compute-1.amazonaws.com) doesn't seem to stop the news section, but adding services.paradoxplaza.com completely stops that. The news section isn't that important but it's still a way paradox communicates with your computer, so just to stay on the safe side and make sure the changes are blocking everything I will leave it on. If you want to be extra careful, also add services.paradoxplaza.com in the same style as the other exclusions.

The only incognita now is 23.23.74.116, which is the exact address of the data. I think it's part of the opstm.paradoxplaza.com domain and in any case it's blocked too.

On another note, your computer sends the data every time you start a new game, your preferences and all. After you choose a ruler and clicked play it sends all the information, from the start date and landed title to your options, to Paradox. It seems to send the DLC data is sent when you launch the game, though I don't think it's every time. It also doesn't seem to log playtime every time either but maybe that's because I didn't play for time enough for it to log that.

That's all for today. Bye /gsg/.

Security settings, probably. Try to run as an adminstrator. If that doesn't work or the option doesn't exist, go to
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
Open the file hosts with notepad and add the lines shown here It should look like my file. Well except for the services.paradoxplaza part, you can ec2-54-225-178-152.compute-1.amazonaws.com instead of that if you want to see the news

Will you ever add more music to Victoria II via HPM?

Hearing the same 5 Classical songs over and over again gets boring

how to speak to a girl?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

just invite her to counsel or marry her you retard

I meant how do I turn the .txt file I downloaded from Dropbox you uploaded into a "batch" file, do I just rename it?

It's happening.

>At the start of the battle I have half morale
Turn the army maintenance to max, you jew.

Post naive non-white brainwashed dirty shitholes.
I'll start

>every day I miss HPM by five or so minutes.

This woman better not be full of shit, because I have stress, depression, cramps, diarrhea AND fever at the same time.

>stress, depression, cramps, diarrhea AND fever at the same time.
Who though that this was a good idea?

treddit

>hasn't converted to judaism yet
>not yet a merchant republic either
Come on now.

some dude went through this event chain in the previous thread as an indian emperor with a lot of
savescumming, if you don't mind getting spoiled(as
far as that's possible) you might want to check that
out, he was succesful.

garbage. It's worse than the 10 favors crap in EU4. And worse than Conclave.

Yes I will.

I will start with the Ottomans, which are on the list for a while already, and it's based mainly on the works of Jordi Savall: La Sublime Porte. Voix d’Istanbul · 1430 – 1750 and Istanbul - Dimitrie Cantemir, also from Jordi Savall.
That and a few historical hymns. After I do Ottomans I will move to Japan, then generic asian, generic muslim, then to specific soundtracks for every GP. Probably a general, generic fascist and communist soundtrack too, though democracy and monarchies will most likely share a soundtrack.
If you want an example of a soundtrack that will go in:
youtube.com/watch?v=PtbAaZplBX8

Do keep in mind the youtube video isn't the full track, unfortunately.
I'm doing everything from lossless so that makes work a bit more complicated. I also have a no vocals rule, though that's a bit complicated because Jordi Savall has a few good sung songs and because the Adhan would fit in the muslim soundtrack, as well as the red choir would fit in the communist pack.
I will try to make songs change according to situation (during war you will have more uptempo songs while if you are being defeated you will have slow tempo songs).

It's already a batch file, it's a .cmd file. You shouldn't need to do anything.

Sorry but I really need to go now. If you need anything post it and I will read it later.

Actually it all evolved in food poisoning, and then I was cured, so nothing happened.

Real life Johan did not made it till the 21st century though :^)

>It's already a batch file, it's a .cmd file. You shouldn't need to do anything.
Okay it seemed to have worked, I "unblocked" the file (it was "blocked", because it "came from another computer"), that generated a .cmd file and I clicked on it and it worked, I think? I just downloaded the .txt file from you, I didn't add anything to it on my own, will that be enough to let my pirated DLC go undetected?

How do I remove India in CK2?

>the underaged lad who posted about his first date and introduced grabd strat to his then gf later on never came back

i think ck2+ takes it out in the most recent versions

theres a remove india mod on the workshop

you run it as administrator. It's downloads as a .txt so you can see what it does just delete the .txt part.
dropbox.com/s/571iocmbx9z5z3g/Disable CK2 Data Sharing.cmd?dl=0

For japan do you think the battotai march is good?

youtube.com/watch?v=wti8E-dQsu8

>savescumming

Johan doesn't need that, I have trust in his jew powers.

Did you see a black screen flash? If you did then it work, or just go check the hosts file

Yes I saw it, thanks alot.

Just fucked four guys in one year, why am i not pregnant yet?

Also, can you call a king and his vassal into the same war?

reminder

Are you perhaps infertile?

Just fucked one guy in four years, why am i pregnant?

Fucking bitch.

Based HPM

>both MCL and MCG could be dead by now

my euiv runs like a pile of garbage, going by like a day every three seconds on speed five. i even have a mod installed to flatten the political maps so it runs faster
/gsg/, i just wanna be urbino
>inb4 delete systemEU

Did you check if you are equipped with a vagina?

I have two kids, but they're both my husbands' dynasty. My second husband turned celibate within a month of marriage and I'm already 32 so I need an heir fast.

I just want you to see if you can update the france minimod.

Hey, I'm playing 1066 Cherson as well!

What am I looking at here?

With the performance updates, would I still need to remove India or is it fine to keep India in the game now?

parajew logging everything that you do in your game and sending it to some IP address of theirs and amazon. Thing is they could see your pirate DLC on steam and you may get banned for it.
see to block them

>Greece calls you to war against the Turkish Free State for Aydin.
He did it the absolute madman.
also r8 Habsburg "slavcontroller" Austria