News:
1) Long War Studios just released the Long War Alien Pack:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=577474474

2) Evolution Expansion for XCOM: The Board Game:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/5/its-us-or-them/

3) Long War Studios have released their Laser Weapons Pack and Perk Pack:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=712967878
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=719109968

4) Julian Gollop is working on his new game Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression much akin to XCOM. Lobstermen are confirmed.
>twitter.com/Phoenix_Point
>phoenixpoint.info/
>pcgamer.com/julian-gollop-announces-new-game-phoenix-point/

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4 (embed)

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

XCOM2 modlist, outdated, but still good for the basics:
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z (embed)

MEGA Mod Library - contains all 180 mods from the modlist:
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN (embed)

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=683125051
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=698881748
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=687717744
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=637551769
nexusmods.com/xcom2/mods/457/?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=698881748&searchtext=
pastebin.com/91Z5BH2i
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=724083904
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=714941290
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=626742882
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>/XCG/
>(embed (embed)
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

pistols are useful

:^)

What, don't you like /XCG/? It's the best thread on Veeky Forums.

I WAN

TO SEX

THE SNEK

me 2

Miia a best

then post sneks insead of chinese knock-off sneks

kys faggot

Nah, I'm with this user: Knock-off polynesian sneks are not acceptable in MY /XCG/.

How do I fug a snek

If the snek ins't in XCOM it is for beheading. GET OUT RACE TRAITORS.

but ALL snek impostors are for beheading

Being a snek imposter is a good thing. There is only one good snek. One.

>that badly pasted XCOM logo

Monmusu is shit. If you're gonna be a heretic, at least pic someone who doesn't look like a cheap toy with plastic proportions.

And it's this one!

Remember the months after launch? How hopeful we all were for the mods coming out? The stories, the memes, P.C Hissy, Adams, /xgc/, Buffsnek, all that shit. We've slowed down. Where the fuck is everybody?

No, the only good snek is PC Hissy

It is a pretty old edit, date puts it about right after X2 released. I tried to fix it up abit.

I'm still playing XCOM, I just don't feel like I have much to post about.

>not transparent
Even if you fix it it'll be like putting sprinkles on top of a turd.

>tfw you could bump but you don't
hehe

UNHINGED

Still not enough (Embed).

[Howl] [crit]

>that face
It's like I'm on deviantart again.

>be me last night
>encounter the Archon king
>knock him down to 80 health, two men already unconscious, mec down to 6 health
>starting to get nervous
>have sniper in the distance take a shot
>Kingslayer achievement unlocked
>Archon Annihilator achievement unlocked
>remember sniper had attachment
>15% chance of killing the target regardless of health

(Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed) (Embed)

N-not on my watch

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=683125051

>not using this cheat

Shameful

at that point I completely forgot execution was even a feature until it happened
he's dead and gone anyway
maybe I'll use that on my next playthrough

test

Snek is cute

XCOM is ugly and not cute

Still looks like shit.

This Tbh

That looks pretty neat user

I do. It's better now. The mods are actually good.

People are playing on-off like normal people now, but the community is still strong and making content. I'm sure when Vahlen from the Deep comes out we'll have more shitposting.

Is steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=698881748 still necessary or did they fix that bug?

Most of the bugs in the mod pastebin are fixed, user, don't bother with them

>Still looks like shit.
The badge?

Speaking of monmusu..... cyclops mod when. I want to play as Manako

I just updated the OP mod pastebin with 50 or so mods and removed a couple which I knew had fallen out of date. I will update the mega repository with all of them as well as soon as I switch back to wired internet. If anybody remembers the modlist or me, sorry for falling off the grid when I explicitly promised I was going to update it regularly. I haven't had a computer which can run XCOM2 for a long while now. Had some medical problems so wasn't home. Anyway, I really need help if the paste is going to be any good again. Been playing a bit for the last week and found a ton of stuff that's good straight away, but I've probably missed a lot.

Which of them specifically? I'm trying to remove redundant shit right now

EXALT
X
A
L
T

Also, did I miss any dank memes? I've missed you guys.

I feel like a staple of this general is unnecessary doomsaying and nostalgia. We've always had a pretty steady stream of content and a suprising amount of content creators, why the worry? We'll be fine. Hell, we survived the b15 - XCOM2 launch draught era, we'll survive anything at this point

>Return of story/mod op user
It's a good day.
The imgur album is still being updated so you may want to hit that up, might help to catch up a bit.

Maybe I'll try some more stuff later, but this is good enough for now. Just completely removed the other badge, I think this one looks a bit better.

Oh, hey man!

>13. Wet Work Fix - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=687717744
>12. After Action - Days Wounded - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=637551769 or nexusmods.com/xcom2/mods/457/?
>16. Update Carried Units - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=698881748&searchtext= (I think)

PS: Long War Ayyyyyyyy Pack came out, it's magnificent.

Welcome back commander. What mods are you adding?

Nevermind that doesn't look better at all. Screw it.

This is driving me insane

Give me a list of characters that I should make. I only got Ben Garrison down

>mfw somebody remembers my shitty storyposting
Those were fun times. Thanks a lot lad, looking through it now!

Thanks man you're right, I removed all of them, Shout about it in the thread if you figure out any more!
>PS: Long War Ayyyyyyyy Pack came out, it's magnificent.
Oh shit I actually hadn't added that along with the ones I just did, I'll have to do that now. Any highlights? Are heavy floaters back?

I won't shit up the thread, but here's a "changelog" for the stuff I added and removed. Feel free to point out obvious flaws: pastebin.com/91Z5BH2i

I haven't taken my current campaign to lategame so can't be the judge of stuff which mostly shows there. This becomes really apparent with class mods, I've seen a ton, probably because of the LWPP but haven't really been able to see how they work balancewise. Any good'uns you guys use?

Maybe you should just stop, you should've done that a long time ago.

Hitler and Trump

>Any highlights? Are heavy floaters back?

The only highlights are Muton elites.

won't argue whether it's balanced or not but i think the specops class is pretty fun

Najas are the new heavy floaters

Bagels 2nite?

Yes.

Maybe...

What time?

Has anybody tested out Smart Overwatch and Action Queues?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=724083904
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=714941290

Do you recommend them?

Okay, so I've modded the game to hell and back and I just gotta check. What aliens are you supposed to be seeing on the field by the time mag weapons roll off the assembly line?

Mutons and M2 ADVENTs, mostly. Depends on how hard you rushed it.

I didn't rush it at all, and yet I haven't even seen Vipers yet. Kind of taking the edge off of the other magnificence I've loaded the game.

Im still here pal I just dont know what to post anymore

I'm always here lad.
I just don't play much XCOM anymore and post even less
I just lurk and save sneks

We're all still here, it's just been 5 months since launch, vacation just ended for a lot of people, and life goes on.

This always reminds of that terror mission map.

Tell me more...
What does this picture remind you of ?

Looks to me like we're all still here, just in between expansions right now so nobody is saying much because there's not much to be said. Besides, tons of us regulars are here tonight in spite of that.

Fubukiposter who always comes around when Beagle streams? Check.
Cyclopsposter? Chickity fucking check
Adams and P.C Hissy user? Check.
Snekfags have at least one representative here tonight, so we can check that off too.
Hell, even hopeless war/modlistanon is back and he's been gone for ages.

General's doing fine and Vahlen from the deep is going to drop eventually to boost it even more. Don't worry.

Tbh I would be glad if half of those would be gone.

My mother's cavernous vagina as it prepares to take me back while my father turns his back.

You'd be glad if two and a half people left?

Actually four now that I think about it.
But maybe it's the time that I've spent here, when you're too long on a general you start hating things that usually you wouldn't mind.

I'd say it's the other way around, a lot of shit that bothered me before has grown on me. Like Cyclopsposter, at first it was weird then he was so damn persistent it became an in-joke so he just naturally became some kind of mascot

perfect

If her visible eye is this big, her brain literally can't fit in the same skull as the rest of the eyeball.

I'm out.

cyclops aren't usually known for intelligence

In one more hour.

Maybe...

Just like their fans.

Reds is also missing.

hue

But it is intriguing...

>enter thread
>expect mission discussion, casualtyposting, pistol memes, and OpenXCOM progress pics
>see nothing but snek, MS Paint characters, and /a/ cancer

what happen to you, /xcg/

Van Darkholme.

Be sure to grab this mod
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=626742882

Post missions then. Its all the same people, they just aren't feeling motivated to post their campaigns fight now.

It's nice being the only person not burned out, if only because I haven't been able to play. I'm just trying to get my bearings. No idea how to properly utilize SPARKs and shit, barely any experience fighting Rulers. Having a blast.

I don't even know how to respond to this

Spider Jerusalem

Alright, fuck that, I'm joining ADVENT.

We welcome you citizen
Glad you came back to reason

Post survivors

I would if I had any

F

>tfw no voice pack with 1 language from each one in the world