/hbg/ Homebrew and Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-arm9loaderhax guide completely revised with fewer steps and less time involved.
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

>Wii U
-IOSU allegedly happening, update to 5.5.1 recommended. twitter.com/Mathew_Wi/status/766504663826870272
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-New Vita game decrypted dump released: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, by the same dumper as Tokyo Xanadu
-VITA PIRACY CONFIRMED wololo.net/2016/08/25/not-release-hackers-now-confirmed-ps-vita-piracy/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz
-Downgrader in development. reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/4yi5bw/write_access_to_vs0_achevied_expect_a_downgrader/
-xyz making a write-up if KOTH challenge goes nowhere. blog.xyz.is/2016/webkit-360.html

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!98sySb7C!lGJ2CdQClD_cTA6qOLPNUEOf8Gjl_WzafZnnsjfTo-k
github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki/Part-2-(9.2.0-Downgrade)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does saving break after a while in Tokyo Xanadu for anyone else? And does this happen for Odin Sphere too if so?

Second for moth love

Do you have the 1.04 patch installed, and are you playing with wi-fi on?

No and no.

Cheaper memory fucking when?

Playing with wi-fi off allegedly fixed it for several people that had the issue, I've not heard any one bring up the issue on the 1.04 patch

mega.nz/#!98sySb7C!lGJ2CdQClD_cTA6qOLPNUEOf8Gjl_WzafZnnsjfTo-k
extract the contents of the zip into ux0:app/PCSG00608.

I followed every step with a n3ds until the downgrade part with sysDowngrader, and now I'm stuck while trying to do so with an error "main.cpp:150 result :0x0"

Is this one of the "try until you succeed" or I missed something? In the o3ds it worked perfectly and in the first try.

Bloody hell.
Why can't some Chinese dude just make a microSD adapter for it. He'd be rich.

you bricked, you stupid cunt

>tfw he wasn't bullshitting us

BASED CHINK

YIFAN BTFO

LISTEN HERE YOU DIPSHITS:

If you have any questions regarding piracy, homebrew, cfw or anything else for you 3DS, Vita or Tamagotchi

A
S
K

G
O
O
G
L
E

If you can't find the answer there, search harder. If you still can't find the answer there then ask Bing, Yahoo, ask you mother or the nigger fucking her in the ass but don't ask us.

Google has the answer for everything, including the universe. If you ask us then you're a lazy piece of shit, if you can't find the answer then WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT WE HAVE THE ANSWER FOR SOMETHING THAT NOT EVEN GOOGLE CAN ANSWER? Stop asking when, stop asking us anything. We're not your personal fucking GOOGLE. Go fuck yourself in the ass with a poisonous cactucs you demented abomination.

THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING!

Yeah I had a similar problem
Use the downgrader from the old guide github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki/Part-2-(9.2.0-Downgrade)
Then resume the new guide when you successfully downgrade to 9.2.

How do I feed my tamagotchi?

Is there any interesting or useful homebrew available? I mostly see things I either already have or have no use for. Also what's with the new PIN option in Luma 6.0? Using n3DSxl a9lh.

Once the Chinese find a way to de-crypt the cards and mass-produce them, it will be much cheaper.

I'll try the patch then. Thanks.

Even the memory cards have DRM user.

Wii successfully hacked especially after a bad bump with the Wii being semi-bricked. Thanks to the anons in the past two threads in throwing in suggestions and helping out.

But jesus fuck how do I get rid of these extra News/Forecast channels for good?

Nothing new on the Vita scene. The scene is fucking dead now, everything is ruined. All of that because some faggot wanted some attention. I keep refreshing the internet and nothing new comes out. Still no piracy. Still no worthwhile homebrew or even a fucking n64 emulator. The emulators available now are all shit and don't even work properly. There's no reason to have a vita anymore. In fact there was never a reason to even buy a fucking used vita to begin with. This piece of shit console is dead on arrival and now somehow it's even deader than before. How the fuck do you kill something that was already dead and make it even more deader? Bravo you putrid motherfuckers. You just filled my soul to the brim with rage and regret. I'll forever hate everysingle one of you who meme'd me into buying this piece of shit. I curse your name in the name of Satan and I wish all sorts of horrible tragedies to befall on you and your families. I'll never forgive you. You betrayed me. Now I have a paperweight. Even my fucking nokia c3 from 20 years ago has better emulators than this shit. The VIta is fucking dead and useless. All thanks to you. You bunch of miserable MOTHERFUCKERS! I HATE YOU, I fucking haaaaaaaaaaate you1 Give me back the money I wasted on this shit. Give me back the years I waited for a fucking hack to makes piece of useless garbage usable for the first time in it's miserable life. There's no going back now. All of this ruined because some faggot didn't want to release the fucking source code so he could masturbate his chinky microdick while the world burned. We may as well just end this fucking scene. This is a fucking facade and you know it. THe only reason we have this shitty scene is to give these 12 year old hax0r kids the attention their pedophille fathers haven't. Just fucking burn it once and for all, JUST FUCKING BURN IT!

at which point can I close my n3DS without fear of bricking it? after I restore the 9.2 NAND backup (part 3, section IV)?

Anyone leak the source on the murder plan for Yifanlu?

AnyTitleDeleter. Look up the title IDs for the extra, foreign channels.

Is it possible to get roms of snes, gba, etc. on the home menu even if they're not on the eshop?

@152972890
@152973036
Fuck off with the stale ass copypasta.
Doesn't it get old pretending to be retarded for the sake of controversy and (You)s?

I'd probably say once you're done with the guide or the end of the first part.

meant to quote

>tfw still no iosu exploit

once you've restored the sysnand

Next time you might want to remember the time it takes in between post timers.

Oh, that's the one I used for the o3ds. I'll see if it works. Thanks.

there's an old app that deletes them. I hear it's somewhat dangerous so I just dumped them on the last page. it doesn't work with motion+ wiimotes or gamecube controllers by the way. like I said, it is an old app.

glad to hear it worked. you constantly have to take these leaps of faith since the old tools were so sloppy. some modchip software could've have replaced crucial files for modern hacks for example.

good thing the Wii is so sturdy. a friend of mine partially updated his and the thing still worked fine.

oof, Odin Sphere's a big game to dump.

Does the 3ds have any hidden gems in the same way the original ds had?

Jap exclusive is g

>good thing the Wii is so sturdy.
hahahaha no. The software has no recovery feature whatsoever. A channel with a bad banner can permabrick the Wii.

>source my ass

banner bricks were common when people started experimenting with custom wads

Menu "themes" were even worse

You're the hero we need, user.

I meant on the NAND side. you can mix and match IOS files and it'll still work.

He's not wrong. They're called Banner bricks for a reason.

Will look into that.

Yeah when I took the dive to update the Wii from 4.1U to 4.3U, I was rather worried esp since I had an unidentified modchip installed on the Wii. But yeah I backed up my NANDs on bootmii (could boot2 apparently) so I should be good. Gonna call it a day before jumping in the world of booting Wii/GC/VC backups tomorrow.

Thanks, gents.

The Keep and Wind-Up Knight 2 are very interesting + fun to play. The Keep reminds me of a classic fantasy novel in style n sound. Is Myst any good despite the awful reviews?

To an extent, but it's still easy to brick. A bad System Menu IOS can permabrick your console, stub IOSs that can brick you are on the Wii servers that will do that, and old IOS versions won't work on new Wiis which make downgrades brick.

>boot2

you're good then. just keep that backup safe.

Nintendon't works out of the box if memory serves but backup managers will require IOS fuckery.

if your modchip replaced any system files you might need to take one of those leaps of faith I was talking about.

Used OLED vita for $95, I'm very tempted

>But yeah I backed up my NANDs on bootmii (could boot2 apparently) so I should be good
Enjoy that console because it's never ever going to brick.

the port is oh so bad

tfw in a skype group with him.
literally everyone in it rips him to shreds over anything he does.

20 times trying to downgrade 10.7.0 to 9.2
Old 3DS, have all the correct updates files.

this titleException every time..

>Mfw Free Dragon Quest Builders when piracy is a thing

10/10

Have you tried using plaisysupdater?

Now we have a whopping total of 3 games on the vita that you can pirate! A half assed half complete shitty game and 2 games in japanese that are pretty much unplayable if you don't speak japanese.

WOW!

oh my, i never even played the game so i guess playing the port would soil it for me.

Should I even buy a vita? Suprisingly a brand new one costs 150$ a used one costs $80-$110.

But will there be new exploits? I remember sony going nuclear with ps3 piracy back in the day

>hack 3ds
>finally play roboplanet
>mfw at the last boss
Is triple deluxe worth playing too?

It's not going to be 3.60 unless you've confirmed that with the seller. I say go for it.

Nope! You will rarely find it on a firmware at 3.6 + its best to wait for another exploit on the latest firmware.

worthless
cemu exist so why bother

PS3 piracy is still limited to 3.55 firmware, which came out in 2010. Take that as you will.

It's very easy until the fifth world, but otherwise it's pretty great, go ahead!

You can literally downgrade though dumbfuck. Even if you're on 3.61 you can downgrade to 3.60 easily.

Ikr, in the same case, found the new one kinda expensive, and the price for a memory card is frightening

I love Kirby games, they can be super comfy and frustrating at times.

How?

Having 100% of the pirated vita games of my memo ry card feels so good

by intentionally softbricking your vita and then using charles proxy to "update" to 3.60 from safe mode

when we get a working adapter and a cfw that would allow its use

>Odin Sphere is the only Vanillaware game i dont own
>the dump is Japanese
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

We're working on english patching it, user.
Just need that dump from the based user.

Trying that now thanks

He's dead though.

Yifan said that doesn't work

Can I downgrade to 3.18 with that?

>bought odin sphere for ps4 two weeks ago
>it's the third vita game to be easily pirated

;_;

>he owns a vita and doesn't know japanese

arent most of the upcoming games japanese only?

Why do I get a red screen/ black screen freeze with Browserhax on a brand new 9.5 O3ds?

>listening to yifanlu
He's a dumb chink. Yes it does work, you just have to make sure to fuck up the update file to softbrick it.

Does the PS3 version have the necessary files? I could upload them.

>speaking retard

Is there a tutorial for installing the dumps?

Awesome, do I need to have double the space in my SD to move the vpk and then install it? (kinda like the CIAS when FBI couldn't install and delete them?)

Not really. there are alot of games im looking forward that are coming in english. and alot of them that I enjoyed in english too

here's the tutorial

When is free PS1 games coming to Vita.

I want to play Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on it.

>listening to anonymous

I wouldn't try it myself unless it's well documented common knowledge.

To everyone installing odin sphere and getting a black screen on lauch:
install only the big vpk, dont install the patch

Is this the thread where I make stupid questions because I'm too much of an idiot to google them? Oh wait, look at all those retarded questions, I'm sure I'm in the right place.

Wait, is the N3DS bundle target exclusive? What the fuck!

but you already know english

No, you can just install the odin0.vpk normally and then ftp the files in odin.vpk to ux0:/app/PCSG00524

I'm not dead, I'm uploading it right now. I even have the forum post on amicitia precreated and ready to go.

that's partially the reason why generals exist. plus, /hbg/ has always been /support/.

stop being such an insufferably cunt.

(for proof, you can see that he actually uploaded Taiko no Tatsujin V Version and Gundam Breaker 3 already. this here user is based af)

> Taiko no Tatsujin V
Isn't that the meme rhythm game everyone says is "good"?

Hell yeah mothfucker!!

God damn, this is exciting, Vita Piracy finally at the tip of our fingers.

Guys, can the guy who made vpkmirror be trusted? Or it'll end up being a bunch of nothing?

Doesn't mean you should be asking questions that can be answered by reading the OP or by doing a quick google search. Half of the thread are stupid inane questions.

Taiko is fun.
Just don't try to make it a serious tourneyfag rythm game

I like the Taiko games, so I bought it. Sue me.
>how many times am I going to have to do the billboard captcha

As far as mobile rhythm games go it's pretty good.
Pop'n portable 3 when?

Are you trying to use old3ds 9.2 files instead of new 3ds downgrade files?

You'll brick if you use phailsysupdater

Any 3DS games featuring buff men?

Smash Bros.

haha, Konami has given up on the console/handheld market. Never.

Anyone have that adblock money ad bypass pastebin?