/r6g/ Rainbow Six General

You Fuze You Lose Edition

>Season 3 Operation Skull Rain info
[YouTube] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege - Operation Skull Rain Trailer [US]
[YouTube] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege - Operation Skull Rain: Operators [UK]
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operation-skull-rain-recruits-brazils-bope-operators/

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO

>Teamspeak for Veeky Forums operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations

>Official news
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operation-skull-rain-recruits-brazils-bope-operators/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Developer AMA Recap
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349361-Developer-AMA-Recap

>Maps and drawing tools for all available gamemodes
r6maps.com/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx

>Weapons and Armor damage comparisons
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

>Known Issues:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Basics of CQB Pastebin
pastebin.com/ECbQGdVk

>Steam group player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nB6S5xtZFuAlnX24VG6IVvOYnI18oOlV2W0SPM3OjaE/edit?pli=1#gid=375665432

>Console group
PS4: Add dazint8 or Omegaplaya and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI (the 'I' are capital 'i's)

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.
legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

>WIP /r6g/ guide for crosshair overlays, tactics etc
hnng.moe/7Ik

Previous Thread:

1st for Frost

>[YouTube] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege - Operation Skull Rain Trailer [US]
>[YouTube] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege - Operation Skull Rain: Operators [UK]

Think they'll announce the next years DLC plan at the same time they release the Jap Ops?

real oper8r hours

who up smash that mfing reply button

Welp, looks like I too Fuzed and losed.

>Nitro Cell Disabled

Oh I am sweatin

sup pimp. I shitpost from work during them banker hours, my nig. Be on bustin' caps in the eve.

Didn't ubi admit that Buck was bugged and that his shotgun was not destroying studs like they were suppose to? When is that fix coming? I can't seem to make consistent vaultable holes.

yadda yadda something about how the indivdual pellets have to make contact with the stud for it to destroy it.

I also lurk the thread on my phone durring work. Read up on tactics, tech, news and shit. Then go home and click click boom.

With how pellets are all random in a cone, that might decrease the chance if hitting a stud. What should happen is that if a pellet hits the wall but is at least near the stud, the stud should be destroyed also. So when the pellets hit a cone or circle on the wall, anything inside should get rekt, wall and stud.

They're going to make it destroy studs more consistently. I don't think he's supposed to make vaultable holes easily because he's not supposed to be Sledge 2.0

I thought he was the inbetween ash and sledge in terms of im going through this wall and i am not gona stop my momentum. Sledge has to run up to a wall,stop, hit, then go through. Ash and buck can breach the wall and not stop their stride. Ash more further than buck obviously.

>I don't think he's supposed to make vaultable holes easily because he's not supposed to be Sledge 2.0

well then ubi sucks because back when he could, it gave the player a solid reason to choose buck over sledge without making him the "better" choice. yeah, buck's guns have a lot of recoil and has limited shotgun ammo but it would hit walls and players like a truck and you still got frag grenades. then they nerfed him for absolutely no reason.

>

I still can

buck would be able to if he functioned properly, like how sledge would be good for punching holes in floors if his hammer would work properly.

Just aim down while standing up right?

He's basically a killhole making shoot and scoot type guy.

i main mute in deff (K/D 2,7 - not the best but its k) - but rly love 2 play doc - should i just stick with my best main op or would i be just a random fag wasting a good slot?
I would rly like learn doc (sure first in casuals then in ranked) - any tipps to not be a downed selfhealing fag?

Weapon inspection

W H E N

mute and doc are both fine to take because you're not taking a good slot.

Yeah, the game seems pretty picky about letting you pull it off though. Sometimes I make a full-sized hole but then I have to crouch under it because there's 2 pixels colliding between the top of Sledge's head and the top of the hole.

is there any case i should not take mute but doc or always stay with him first pick that no one puts ecm´s in middl of the room or not even close at objektiv?

The problem I find is that there is rarely situations where an ally gets downed and you can pick them up. In a fire fight if they are shooting someone and they down a guy, they will just keep squeezing that trigger. They either have to be downed at far ranged, downed and fall behind cover, or downed with nades indirectly. Most of the time people who get downed get an instant follow up shot.

you should never pick doc without rook, and bandit feels a bit better than mute, better smg, better shotty, better speed. if you have no intention of doing the bandit trick i wouldn't pick bandit though.

what about frost - i love her smg - but i always fail with my traps (still K/D 2.1+)- would my team be better of with her then doc if you compare doc and her?

cut out the firs 23 seconds

thats why i dont pick bandit - i dont pick him so someone who is good with him takes him then a wasted slot

>Montagne can now sprint for a limited time with his shield extended
>sprinting into an unfortified wall will cause it to break
>enemies will stagger if hit by the charge
There, I just made Montagne good

it's pretty simple, have a friend with a deployable shield, and some decent headphones/a surround sound system. eventually you'll get a feel for when you can keep trying the trick and when to get out of dodge.

not really lol. you just made him able to actually break barricades and less easy to side-strafe and knife.
give castle the original super 90, there i made him good.

>sprinting into an unfortified wall will cause it to break

OH YEAHHHHHHHH

>nitro cells are now removed from the game
>replaced with a directional explosive trap like a claymore
There, I just made shields good and Kapkan worse

Just make the claymore remote detonated. That's how they're used in real life anyway.

>nitro cells don't beep
>can only be thrown 1.5m
>kapkan loses his EDD
>instead he can make any nitro proximity-fused
>has 2 nitro
There, I just made shields, kapkan and iq good and frost worse

nitro cells are fine, there's just too many of them. bandit shouldn't have a nitro, give him a shield instead and this also gives people a reason to pick mute over bandit. smoke doesn't really NEED a nitro, nitro doesn't make sense with caveira's design but if you take it away she'll be dookie.

I just want shields to be able to survive a front directional blast from a nitro. Or increase the arm time to make them less like ghetto nade.

Valkyrie or Caveira? Theres something oddly alluring about the Brazillian chick.

buck or capitao?

>matchmaking drops me into a round with only 1 other guy vs a team of 5 with their team already 1 round from winning

um?

valk is better and more useful. better smg, better shotgun, better gadget, more information with black eyes and it's 100% guaranteed info that doesn't rely on a lone wolf being a jackass and getting interrogated

capitao is replacing ash in the pro scene and high level play, buck and cap are two differently play styles though. cap essentially does what ash does but more effectively while also eliminating corners from objectives. buck is only picked in pro league on certain objectives to open the ceiling up and put pressure on from above, like chalet dining/trophy, and his rifle has stupid recoil.

ur an ashole

not the other guy, but I was thinking about buying cav right now just because the bundle is availabe, but yeah Valk seems way more useful.

and thanks for the tip on cap

that was prenerf pulse and iirc i aced them that round

these spawn kills don't really work anymore, everyone waits for them. it's strange watching the community collectively recognize certain angles and spawn peeks at around the same pace

What triggers valk players? Pic unrelated.

beyond that, sledge does what buck does albeit more slowly and not as reliably. sledge's hammer STILL doesn't always hit through both the floor and ceiling layers if you don't manage to sledge through the steel beams, but you get a feel for it pretty quickly. personally i prefer sledge if you're looking to apply pressure from a floor above, and he doesn't cost 25k renown. buck does get to make kill holes in walls to peek quicker than sledge and doesn't have to sit through an animation of putting a hammer away after making said holes, but that's generally not what buck is used for anyways.

Doc is pretty fucking useless when you get in high-ranking matches. Everyone platinum and above always gets headshots 25/8, so there's no point in using him.

Can't say that about every match though, I'm sure there'll be times where his stim pistol will pull a clutch. However, for the most part, it would be in your best interest to use rook instead, if you like the GIGN weaponry.

that isn't confused black man.webm, this is confused black man.webm. oops

Why do retards start teamkilling eachother wordlessly so often? What is the fucking purpose?

Teamkilling as a feature was a mistake.

I don't play valk myself, but I'd imagine it being fucking infuriating if someone else picks valk and places the cameras in god-awful spots. You get a lot of satisfaction out of well-placed cameras, and seeing someone else do terribly with them is probably extremely unsettling.

You should be asking what Valkyrie does to trigger her teammates.

>That moment when he looks up and realizes just how fucked he is.

Jesus that must be a terrible feeling.

>Wait what was that sound.
>That was from above, wasn't it?
>I'm fucked arent I.
>Yeeeep.

that guy was a silver 4 in a game of all plat2-3/diamonds, i felt sorry watching him go 0/5 and struggle to keep up with everything going on around him kek

>Nitro max throw range reduced by 1.5m
>Kill radius reduced by 30%
>Shields take 40% less damage from nitros
>Shields still die when within the set Kill radius

There, I just made nitros balanced and buffed shields and made no one worse

Probably spotting with her cam ot when they make a risky throw and miss the good spot

Teammates that whine about every black eye not being on the roof in a corner.

Anyone PC EU wanna play Ranked? Sick of non-english speakers and retards

>tfw tachanka

>Glaz killing everybody in a single chest shot and not ever taking any damage

summin aint rite

dump

>Nitros have an arming time of 2 seconds before they can be detonated after they've been thrown.
>They make slightly less beeping noise and produce slightly less light when blinking.

There I've turned nitros into what they were intended to be: Traps, not ghetto grenades.

I feel like Nitros should make fucking no noise because honestly I've never felt the need to pick IQ on ATK because everything beeps.

Best buck rifle?
My google searches seem to say the C8 but I'm not sure if that's a console thing.

What order should I get the post Black Ice DLC characters?
I played the game at release up to Black Ice and got bored of it and am now returning to it.
How the hell are you still alive /r6g/? You even outlasted The Division

We will outlast

Get Buck you faggot

BB
Cap
Cav
Valk

I like BB for cheesing
I like Capitao for rushing
I don't like Cav
I don't like Valk

You don't get to see bunda in FPS if you're the bunda character

Why cant you change the weapon skins to normal colours?

if you use DMRs in this game youre an idiot

use your brain for half a second and think about how headshots work in this game

BB and Valk are arguably massive meta shifting characters, with BB being super mega tachanka for offense who can be 'le invincible window guy' that you have to flank and use C4 to kill. Valkyrie is 4 extra cameras wherever you want them, and that shit will win games time and time again.

Cap is a great area denial character with a really solid gun, and Cav is a solid roamer that can pull off some crazy plays if you know what you're doing, but those two characters aren't exactly meta-shifting like Dust Line characters were.

My order is:
Valk, she's essential on any good defense.
BB is a solid killer.
Cap can compete with BB if you'd want him first, they're both solid killer picks.
Cav doesn't add much, only get her if you like her playstyle of pretending to be Solid Snake.

>How the hell are you still alive /r6g/? You even outlasted The Division
Thats because The Division is shit and although Ubi is terrible at supporting they've been feeding us just enough content to keep the game breathing at a steady rate, plus anti-cheat helps a lot.

We also outlasted Dirty Bomb, ain't that something right? Right? Dirty Bomb! HAHHAHAHAAHAHAHA

c8 is the best rifle buck has.
bb should be first he's busted, then capitao, he should be a pick in most serious matches, then valk, even though she no longer has a busted shotgun, her camera's are still great, and then caveira, all that's all that amazing about her is her interrogation ability, and it's only really all that good against bad teams.

we're not just breathing, we've been growing. all though who knows if we'll survive once ubi stop being able to get spikes in player counts by putting it on sale

So how do I Bandit?

He seems like a fun operator but holy shit is his gadget shitty. I see people talk about IQ, Tachanka, needing buffs. But Bandit's gadget is such a waste.

Is the C8 worth it though?
It seems to go everywhere when every other rifle seems to be pretty easy to manage.

I usually go Sledge if I want to fill that role but feel like I should try and play a DLC character which isn't Frost

Been saying this for months. People here will tell you to do the bandit trick but I believe it should do more than that. It should do a lot more damage on shields and harder to see in barbwire

It should transfer to connecting, adjacent reinforcements, wire, ect
But only the one next to it so you can't have one bandit electrifying an entire room
but that would be fun

The only reason Bandit is in any way good is because he counters thermite, aka the most valuable attacking operator in the game. Everything else his gadget does is meh, but because it counters thermite it's good. Same reason Thatcher is good, because he let's Thermite do his job more easily. I really wish less of this game revolved around Thermite, but there's just not a very good way of going about it without completely changing the meta of the game, as that's just how much thermite's engraved into the meta.

Why are the Canadians useless, /rs6/?

I think switching out his nitro for a shield would be nice. That way he can shockwire every kind of gadget.

They're canadian

Buck is good, but Frost's usefulness is pretty much all on her shotgun, and since that got nerfed recently nobody's gonna want to play her, regardless of how badly the changes affected her.

c8's worth it because it's got solid damage and a high rof, at least compared to a dmr.

switch his wire out for a shield, getting rid of nitro isn't a good way to buff an operator.

>Day A: Everything is fine, no problem whatsoever
>Day B: Pic related all day and when I manage to get in a game it freezes and crashes by the end of round 2
>Day B : Day A ratio is 4:1
What the fuck is going on?

The easiest way to balance C4 is add a 1.5 second delay between landing and exploding.

>soloqueue ranked
>matched with the worst shitters (ash shoots random windows, lazersights everywhere, reinforcing between objectives)
>ranked with the ts
>get our asses handed to us time and time again by 10/10 operator teams
i just cant win

Must have a bad day. Usually ranked with the TS results in victories all day erryday for me

you think bandit should have his nitro taken away, but not valk? i hope all of you understand just how stupid powerful valk is in her current state.

c4 will be super shit if it has a 1.5 arm time after landing, now it doesn't work as a grenade, it doesn't work now with pulse with his high switch time, and all it really does at that point is destroy walls for you. it's a nice shield buff but otherwise is pretty shit.

I think I was just on an off day, I wasn't playing real well either

not really, her cams are good, but she has an eh smg, and a bad shotgun now. she's worse than bandit at this point.

bad b8

Some new OC because I can't play. Would you drink tea with some grumpy SAS veteran while listening to some fucked up stories?

>Eh SMG
Has the third highest fire rate in the game, third to only the SMG-11 and the Famas, has SLIGHTLY below par damage (1 below the MP5 yet has 170 higher fire rate)

Shit forgot the pic

At least the shocked wire can take out drones. I'm saying remove the nitro so he can use his gadget(the reason you'd pick an operator) to the fullest.

>tfw all IQ cosplayers are guys