/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Amoeba Island Edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/helpfixer
github.com/CovertJaguar/Railcraft
kegare.github.io/extra/index.html#nickname
curse.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for buildcraft

This was fixed shortly after the meme became a thing and is perhaps one of the few examples of a meme effectively becoming a bug report.

does anybody have the Gregtech Superbigifblock?

It's backwards

Dammit, don't let the thread die, OP's can't bump their own threads.

A friend of mine showed me how to play Minecraft beta again and holy shit. What happened to modding? This is so much fucking fun. I don't even have to copy stuff into the jar anymore, MultiMC does it for me.

Is that why mods were good, because they edited the jars? Is it too hard to do what they want to make good mods now?

Bumping to see where this thread leads to. Also, this is the only Minecraft thread on the board, so even more reason for bump.

Is there any mod that adds a boss that has ACTUAL mechanics and not just a shitty reskinned meatstick

Rewatching old videos, is there any modern mod that has simple, comfy hot air balloons/airships/flying vehicles for 1.7.10? Stuff like pic related, not the archimedes ship type stuff.

ViesCraft. It's for 1.9.4 though.

yeah, fuck you

Twilight Forest adds unique mobs with fight mechanics

Except they happen worse with chickenchunks.
It caused problems for me with with mek cables, and PLENTY of people have had problems with ticking entities and stuff.

I don't get you.
Immibus is a good modder, he's never caused issues, and is pretty well regarded as talneted.

There is no functional difference between dimensional anchors and chickenchunks.
One has a reputation for causing bugs, the other does not.
Use the one that does not, regardless if the rumors are true, you aren't missing out on ANYTHING.

Yes I agree with this user, Chickenbones has been notorious for buggy code. There were several times where he released versions of mods that didn't even work without even testing them.

A lot of NEI's slowness and crashes were caused by the plugins though, to be fair to CB.

Why does no one use Things like Technic or FTB? Surely it's better to just play a pre-made if it's most of the mods you like

lowqualitybait.png

First, people have varied tastes.
It's better to design your own pack that you know in and out, and can debug and config to your liking.
Second, technic is fine, and I guess some of the third party ftb packs are, but any mainline ftb packs are bad - poorly configured, very buggy - I don't even know how they manage to fuck up what they do.

>1.9.4
;-;

Technic stopped being relevant a long time ago, and FTB is a big circlejerk that only supports modders they know and can talk into adding features to make their packs better.

mmmm yea sweet roygbv

>post yfw asie has a dozen pony-themed modpacks

Those aren't pony-themed modpacks, those are backups of servers I ran for Poland in 2012-2013 and released to the public in 2016.

(Also, it was one of Poland's largest modded servers!)

>poland is actually ponyland

>someone just ported their 1.7.10 mod to 1.8.9

why the fuck would you bother going to 1.8??

And that's a screenshot from me testing one of the mods for one of the server incarnations. (The mod was later removed.)

I hope you mean as opposed to 1.10.2 and not that you are encouraging people stay on 1.7.10

no, only an idiot would keep updating mods for 1.7.10

And then there's mods maintaining versions for 1.7.10, 1.8.9, 1.9, 1.9.4 and 1.10.2 simultaneously.

those are retarded though. get a fucking life

1.8 should die but there will be people still running 1.8.9 modded servers for the next year

Are there any uses for large amounts of arbor beside separating it to fuel growth lamps? Alternatively, any uses for large amounts of aer?

How can anyone think we should update to 1.10.2 when we have to suffer with vanilla railcarts?

Signals is worth looking into, it's even more OpenTTD than RailCraft.

nice attempt but it doesn't do anything to fix the cancer of vanilla minecarts and rails

He's a timid subservient polish fuckboy, of course he digs on pony pussy

Railcraft makes good progress in being updated, private alphas already out to testers. Check CJ's twitter for screenshots and news. Github repo is evidently showing a lot of work being done. We might have something in a couple of weeks.

I might set up an automated enderIO location selection teleportation system using opencomputers or something along with autonomous activators.
how hard is it to do something like this?

Need Computronics for this, but it should be easy. Need to change a config option in EnderIO to allow the computer to change coordinates.

sweet, I had no idea you could do it directly, I was thinking more along the lines of storing banks of coordinate selectors and using redstone and a sorting system to move them to autonomous activators.
might still do that though.

Yea you need an Adapter placed against any telepad block, might just query what functions are available to you, last time I checked there were a lot.

>private alphas already out to testers
patreon thing or just a close friends thing?

either way, any chance of a leak?

I've never dealt with modded rails much. Got any pics of cool rail builds?

Even vanilla rails I don't touch that much if I'm playing modded, since there are better ways of transport generally.

he's probably emailed the alphas individually, and put some kind of uuid in each to track leaks. covert's autistic that way.

Nah. Covert uses a Google Drive that's available to people who have donated $10 or more to him. Instead of using Patreon, you should just use the form on the Railcraft site - it's one-time that way.

IIRC for patreon supporters and railcraft addon developers. Close friends probably too.

wtf. Okay I have an issue and I don't really even know where to start with this. Randomly the /help command fails to work for me, returning "An unknown error occurred while attempting to perform this command". There's nothing under Game Output in the launcher, and Google turns up next to nothing. Happens in single player, LAN play, public SMP, doesn't seem to matter.

I typically play modded, but this has happened with a few different modpacks, but maybe it's still related.

If you don't know what exactly is the probable cause, I'd still appreciate ideas for avenues of investigation.

Doesn't he have to approve of each application manually still?

It happens all the time, poor coding and stuff.
get this
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/helpfixer

help fixer mod

He does, yes.

again, never had any of that shit more with chickenchunks than in vanilla.

and I like how you're projecting the idea that I'm shitting on immibis, because I'm not. at no point did I ever say a damned thing about him. I'm just bored with the whole "hurr chikinvirus" meme.

>again, never had any of that shit more with chickenchunks than in vanilla.
Then you must not have done anything relatively complex.
Chickchunks messes with cables, pipes.
Entities tick.
Plenty of people have had problems with it in the past.
>and I like how you're projecting the idea that I'm shitting on immibis, because I'm not. at no point did I ever say a damned thing about him. I'm just bored with the whole "hurr chikinvirus" meme.
Then why the fuck are you defending a mod made by someone who, in the past, has proven that they don't know what the hell they're doing, and is also part of the whole FtB cliche?
Immibus works. His stuff is optimized. His stuff doesn't break things.
Chickenbones has proven in the past that he doesn't bugtest, he doesn't pay attention to his releases.

There is no reason to trust someone who has previously proven that they can't be trusted.

>releasing mods to people who pay

yeah he can fuck right off

You can always compile from source. github.com/CovertJaguar/Railcraft

he's still withholding the mod behind a paywall which is against the eula

The alpha builds so far only have about 20% of the mod in them yet as all the machines and signals stuff still needs to be done. There's not much lost. And you can still just compile from github if you want, you'll only miss out on the engraving bench.

>the rendering for TCon's smeltery completely shits itself if you build your smeltery over chunk boundaries (possibly only if you also have Optifine, didn't bother checking)
Well that's good to know.

But the mod is available for free!

As for the engraving bench, it's missing from the source build because Railcraft's Emblems system is probably the most secure thing in all of Minecraft, requiring hefty JAR signing verification to get an emblem to work at all.

>Can't connect to trainserb

I guess it's time to fill this glass with liqour and start building my own pack

>Can't make a 1.7.10 with trains

I guess it's time to fill this glass with cyanide and fucking kill myself

This
Even tho we had 2 commits in the past 48 hours... I dont like to get my hopes up. I've been heart broken too many times

I want to believe famalam ;_;
Trains are must need

Nothing happens overnight, just like this island. It takes every block and piece to make it just right and look right.

>page ten

CJ's DRM aids is why I stopped using any mod that he ever worked on. Railcraft, Forestry, BuildCraft, in particular.

Any mods that create unnatural weather? Like lava rain?

>90% bug-free

What's this?

Anyone got ideas on what to do with this?

needs a little bit of color variation
other than that it doesn't look overdecorated
>1.10.2
>win 10
never mind then
there's nothing more you can do

Okay... this seems to work enough of the time that i might be willing to invest a few golems into it...

aliums

>beta 1.7.3
>several mods
>hella fun
>starts in less than 10 seconds

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE

Just put some mods in like Chisel, even if its for 1.10.2, just add mods as its gonna give more block and build options.
As for the build sticking with vanilla, use a shiny color like dark prismarine or emerald, something that will make it more noticeable than a gray wall, tho the decoration of the wall is really nice, gonna steal it for my builds.

replace the andesite with something not grey

Can you post another shots of your wall, and also post the rest of the base too.
Nice desings famalam.

Amazing. It works. Thank you.

Some sort of terraingen glitch?

No, it's the next part of the island, silly.

How does IE's wire's energy loss work? I have 4 windmills up at build limit and lv wire running back to the ground but it seems I'm not getting more than maybe 20rf/t?

yo guys. We installed the nickname mod at kegare.github.io/extra/index.html#nickname but nicknamed users still show their real MC username over their heads. Is this stuff configurable? I kinda want it replaced everywhere possible, not just chat.

any boyos wanna come fuck around on this modded server my friend put up? We will probably play for around a week.
Sadly you need Curse to play. The pack called "The Pioneers", which has similar mods to the FTB Infinity pack, but is for minecraft 1.8.9
curse.com/
Go to the Minecraft tab in Curse and click "browse all mod packs" then search for the pack I was talking about above.
Just click download and then play after that.

LV wire loses 5% energy for every 16 blocks.

From ground level to build limit is 192 blocks. The LV wire is losing 60% of the energy from the windmills.

MV/HV wire have only half the distance loss. Never use LV for long distance wires.

oh gosh you're bringin' me back boyo

>1.8.9

but why tho

just trying it out pretty much, usually play on 1.7.10 packs tho

lexmanos happened. it was almost immediately after he took over that minecraft's load time expanded as fast as his waistline.

Any mods that add to 1.10.2 combat? Skeletons are just a bitch to kill and it's starting to piss me off. Even with the shield which blocks half the fucking screen...using tic and enjoying it so far but miss deflecting arrows with the sign.

i'm in an existential crisis because they're releasing 1.11 relatively soon. why? why? why? why? why?

>>Can't connect to trainserb

Working for me

Hope you enjoy rewriting your entire mod in a hurry, or else Lex is going to give you hell and nobody will bother using your mod anymore.

nobody knows what 1.11 will be about, mojang's going to use it for their minecon fodder. it's guaranteed to be stuff that literally nobody will care about, with the possible exception of map makers.

It'll add one new block, just like the old days.