Manual question (i'm saving up for a shitbox)

manual question (i'm saving up for a shitbox)

coming up to a stop sign and there's several cars in front of me. how do you move up 1 car space without stalling?

>i won't be driving a muscle-car anytime soon

By driving normally. I don't understand stand your question?

i can't explain it any better, sry

Your asking how do you move up in the line? You just move forward. Are you retarded? Give it gas while releasing clutch. Why are you reading into it too much?

By using the throttle and clutch. It's not rocket faggotry. Even some Europeans can do it, so you know that shit is easy.

Don't bother moving until a couple of cars have gone.

Take an axe to the windshield of anyone that honks.

but no seriously, idling in first gear will keep the car moving well, just leave a lot of space so you have room to idle it.

Don't fully release the clutch. Release it until you feel it start to bite, then give it a little gas so you start roliing an then fully depress it again.

you let up the clutch and stick it back in almost immediately

don't be shy with it or itll die

if you're patient, you don't need any gas. if you can't be bothered, give it a blip of throttle

>if you're patient, you don't need any gas.
Lugging your engine is bad m87

makes sense. give more room

don't release fully. got it..... i keep releasing it full

>Don't fully release the clutch
that's bad for the clutch

You mean how do you creep forward? Just hold your clutch at the bite point. Don't listen to autists, 2 seconds of doing that will not harm your clutch.

>I keep releasing it in full
No wonder you keep stalling when you take off.

Ever heard of "feathering" the clutch?

>2 seconds of doing that will not harm your clutch
enjoy replacing your clutch at 30k

It can take it. They make them for that use.

>Ever heard of "feathering" the clutch?
no. i keep reading about how bad riding the clutch is

I've never replaced my clutch and I've driven my car well over 120k miles

Fuck off, memer

>HURR DURR DON'T FEATHER DA CLUTCH
Protip: you do this every time you start from a complete stop. The clutch is a wear item just like brakes btw.

Cry more.

I mean, yes that's kinda true. But it's just like you're about to start moving in first but then decided not to. It's not that bad.

>The clutch is a wear item just like brakes btw
Yes but so much more expensive/labor intensive to replace.
Modern shitboxes need the entire engine pulled to get to the clutch.

You're dumb. It's about as "bad for the clutch" as shifting is bad for the clutch.

>shifting is bad for the clutch
it is

you're dumb, you cant shift the clutch, you just depress or release it.

Feathering is different from riding it

Lol your dumber than him. But he didn't say anything dumb. It's like you this compact little attack hamster so ready to pounce you failed to read what he said.

Manual is easier in a shitbox especially controlling your speed. You'll be fine. Also try to stay away from cars in front of you if I've learned anything

you're dumber for calling me dumb when I called him dumb.

>implying you don't use the clutch to shift

OP you know how in an auto you let go of the brakes and the car slowly rolls forward? You'll basically be doing that but with your clutch foot and throttle very gently.

please explain the difference

You're the stupid shit who thought he said a clutch could be "shifted". And that shifting was bad for the clutch.

It wears on the clutch, but it wears less than it would to crash into the car behind you.

Clutches are designed to take reasonable use. Eventually they do wear out and need replacement. Brake pads are like that too.

I'd still rather deal with clutches on a manual transmission than have to deal with having to get your automatic tranny rebuilt. Now that will co$t you.

Riding the clutch is when you are going down the road, slow or fast, with your foot partially releasing the clutch. Riding the clutch is at higher rpm than form taking off from a standstill.

Wew lad, that wasn't him who said that first of all.
Secondly,
>doesn't understand sarcasm

the clutch cant be shifted you moron. go back to driving school

>rebuilding an autotranny
You'd need a master technomancer for that job

Why is everyone on Veeky Forums so salty? Is it something with car people in general?

Fuck you

thanks mang

I know...and you thought he said it could, which why you are so stupid and I'm belittling you.

ill kill you and your family then rape your fucking dog

No they don't, you're delusional
>inb4 one example of a car that needs it out of thousands that don't

Don't think of the clutch as an on/off switch. You know how to brake,that's not a on/off switch either,bro.
You'll get it.

you're a terrible reader

>implying I use it

>tfw learned revmatching today
Downshifts are jerkless now

Anything FWD
Or drop the transaxle.
Either or lad.

Riding is CONSTANTLY have the pedal not all the way up. You ever see somebody driving with the brake lights on, that person is riding the brakes, they are applying some pressure to the pedal.

Alright, now learn clutchless shifting.

your mom is riding my dick CONSTANTLY

>You ever see somebody driving with the brake lights on
this enrages me

>want to coast down hill in 6
>infinity mpg
Nope some fag in a crossover ahead riding the god damned brakes.

>It's about as "bad for the clutch" as shifting is bad for the clutch.
>as shifting is bad for the clutch.
Oh the irony. You thought he said you could "shift the clutch" and spazed out.

thanks. it's making sense now

because most crossover drivers are women

I've seen more numales in crossovers and more bitches in factory riced subarus.
Maybe just that SEPA

no i didnt, you're that guy and your reading comprehension is terrible

Is this a "delete system 32" kind of joke or real?

m8

>inb4 someone claims you grind your gears
They have no skill.

Yes you did and I'm not that guy.

Serious? Teach me your ways senpai

this nigga

I ride the clutch when I want to be ultra smooth :~)

I dont give A FUCK ILL REPLACE IT IF I HACE TO I RIDE IT WHENEVER THE FUCK I WANT TO

>pull shifter to neutral
>drop it to next gate, let it rest halfway
>apply pressure, not much
>synchros are locked, gears will mesh when speeds match
it takes practice, you gotta be willing to wear your synchros out to practice.

Let me know when you can get a clutch out without removing the transaxle or engine.

Riding the clutch would not achieve this "ultra smooth" thing you wish for. Feathering it would,

Does clutchless shifting offer any advantages?

>clutchless shifting
mybodyisreadysenpai

Speed of shift. That's all.

No, It's good to know for when your clutch starts slipping though.

Hm. I'll give it a shot tomorrow at low speed and see what happens.

If my gearbox explodes I hope it pierces my brain so I won't have to live with being "that user". You know, the guy that actually thought ammonia and bleach made awesome crystals.

>clutchless shifting
you're fucking retarded

Yeah right, the time spent waiting for the shafts to match is greater than just banging away with the clutch.

You're a fucking moron dude, just kys already

Yeah it will destroy your transmission. You can only clutchless shift on a dogbox eg motorcycles

>Hm. I'll give it a shot tomorrow at low speed and see what happens.
Start by stopping on a flat ground so the car doesn't roll and try putting it in first without the clutch.
It'll never shift but the synchros will lock and you'll feel it, that's where you need to hold the shifter while the shafts synchronize.

This is the type of person who thinks clutchless shifting is only grinding gears.
Reminder that semi-trucks do this daily
>the gearboxes aren't the same!
Doesn't matter, all manual gearboxes are capable of clutchless shifting without grinding.

>You can only clutchless shift on a dogbox eg motorcycles
wrong.

Why do you granny clutch like a bitch. Unless your car has no syncros you are a tard.

I don't, but i took the time to learn so fuck you.

>wrong
nigga nobody but a fucking autist is going to pull their car out of gear at the same speed as the layshaft and then drop it into the next at the same time. Unless you drive a semi-truck you are retarded.

Or you think raping your syncros is fun.
Gaaaaaaay. Let me guess, you think driving a manual is "cool" or "manly" lol. Get over yourself nukka

>at the same time
This is where you fucked up. As i've said, it takes a good 2-3 seconds for the shafts to match.

>. Let me guess, you think driving a manual is "cool" or "manly" lol. Get over yourself nukka
Nah, it's just driving. If Euros can do it so can I.

Autos are for women. Atleast the econoshits

hm yes let me slide my car into gear for no fucking reason when i can just use the clutch and do it twice as fast.

you're retarded and think you're some kind of manual pro it's cringy please stop posting.

>hm yes let me slide my car into gear for no fucking reason when i can just use the clutch and do it twice as fast.
Never did i say it was advantageous at all. All i've said is that it was possible, without grinding synchros or gears.

>think you're some kind of manual pro
Holy shit you are salty af.
What's wrong? Can't shift?

>he needs to use his clutch to shift

>he shifts

>he drives

>he drives auto

> As i've said, it takes a good 2-3 seconds for the shafts to match.
Yeah, otherwise you grind, why would you willing drive like a retard? I have a car with a bad second syncro and granny clutching sucks cock.
No, they all are. I just don't sperg out about it. I do think less of anyone who doesn't have a manual but thats cuz I'm on the carfag spectrum.

you said like 5 posts up it's to "speed shift"
truck drivers do it because they have dogbox transmissions, that's what they are made for. synchromesh trans are not. it's pointless, autistic, slow, and adds wear.

>why would you willing drive like a retard?
Again, i don't do that but i know how to do it.
Stop getting pissed for literally no reason.

>you said
no, that was not me. Clutchless shifting is in no way fast.

>adds wear.
No more than normal shifting if you do it correctly.

except you wont do it exactly perfectly every time, it wears the dogs out on the gear. its a fact.

>except you wont do it exactly perfectly every time
Doing it correctly means you won't fuck it up. Once you know how to do it correctly you have to try to fuck it up.
It's literally not hard, i don't know why Veeky Forums has such a hard time grasping the concept of not using your clutch to shift.
Every time i talk about it anons start foaming at the mouths.

You're still holding the shifter with force and wearing out the rails and forks. Just stop bro. And if you are that godly you can pull it in and out of gear perfectly you either drive the biggest shitbox or you are on the autism spectrum.

its all over

>You're still holding the shifter with force and wearing out the rails and forks
Well actually i rarely do it so no, i'm not wearing anything out. it's a skill to be used when you're driving to get your clutch replaced.

>Just stop bro
How many times will i have to tell you that i don't do it on any given day. Will you actually read my whole posts before you start bitching and moaning?

>And if you are that godly you can pull it in and out of gear perfectly you either drive the biggest shitbox or you are on the autism spectrum.

>This rationalization
How about you learn how to do it so you can stop crying on the internet.

>Veeky Forums

no one is crying were just pointing out at that you're advice is horrible and autistic and making sure that the teenagers in this board that dont know any better ignore your posts.

Set your gps to hell,then drive forward,and when the lady says so,turn straight down buddy!
p.s. you are not my buddy,guy!

Practice starts tomorrow huh?

There is zero reason to ever do it unless your clutch is fucked. Come on bro, I know you are proud of your l33t manual skills but come on.
>How about you learn how to do it so you can stop crying on the internet.
I can drive trucks brohan. The only reason to ever not use a clutch is on a bike or if your car is fucked.
This. Jesus christ.

Huh?