/civ4xg/ - Stellaris and 4X Games General

>Stellaris OP
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Recommended mods for Civilization V
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=afnJbdT4t5g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The Prethoryn swarm through the galaxy.
>Before the fall of our homeplanet right where the swarm arrived in the Galaxy, the combined might of our naval forces managed to hold them back long enough for a lone colony ship to flee the system, hoping to rebuilt our race in the far off stars.
>Establishing a new haven on the southern rim, we thought we would be safe while the Elysian Despotate fought them back.
>Even now, we build mighty battleships brimming with weapons shown to be effective against the scourge.
>One day we will push back our enemies like we did during the Crusade of Reclamation 124 years ago, though what we fought back then were mechanicum just like us.

Let us pray to the Omnissah that the holy forgeworld of Occulta Mechanicus is never found, while the galaxy is eaten around us.

Fuck

dang

That general shouldn't die.

>30+ turn golden age ends
>+20% to gold and culture ends
>all cities suddenly gain a couple of points of unhappiness each
>go from slightly positive to -58 happiness
Fuck. I should have seen that coming.
Also, taking this city is a lot harder than it should be, since both the nigger and the whore refuse to give me open borders. (or even exchange embassies)

All de-infested planets become barren and useless. Good luck with that.

Why does China still own those two coastal tiles?

Because they say they do. And they'll build islands there to prove it.

Because they belong to Ulaangom instad of Tianjin. Really fucking annoying. At least once I have taken Viborg, I can just claim them with a Citadel.

Oy vey!

If there's something I really like about Civ6 is that 'ancient map'-look the Fog Of War has.

Can't wait for Civ6 where borders are open by default.

So, Spain looks pretty awesome!

It's cool that they've incorporated Portugal's ability from Civ V. Spain has bonuses to Faith, Gold, naval combat, and Science. I'm really eager to play them.

So, I've heard that Greece might have two leaders -- does that imply that all civs will, or have I heard incorrectly?

as far as we know it's just Greece in Vanilla, with inevitably the rest coming via updates or more likely (((dlc)))

That seems weird.

The inclusion of 'leader abilities' makes me think that they would include more leaders per civ at launch.

It might just be a last-minute surprise.

>So, I've heard that Greece might have two leaders -- does that imply that all civs will, or have I heard incorrectly?

Two different civs afaik.

Sparta and Athens.

So why shouldn't I play on quick speed when I'm going for non-domination victories?

>20000 gold gone in a turn

fuck whatever mods these are

Two different versions of Greece?

Why?

One could say the same thing when looking at the celts and england.
Why two different version of united kingdom?

Greece wasn't a country back then.
Neither was the united kingdom.

Modern greece covers the geographical area of Sparta and Athens today though.
Just like the UK covers the geographical area of England and the Boudican Celts.

>So, Spain looks pretty awesome!
It was weird to me that Spain only hit Civ V in a DLC pack.

In a list of the top ten most influential nations to have ever existed, Spain would rank... what? 3rd or 4th? They held dominion over most of Central and South America and had one of the largest empires the world has ever seen.

>enemy CIV declares war on me
>fight back and take a SINGLE city
>all other players denounce me as a war monger
>Denmark is my only friend

I built some roads to his capital and the guy never bothered me again. Weird.

I suppose that's true, but I think that I'd prefer multiple leaders for the nations.

More options are better than fewer, yes?

>special agent and 2 spy defensive buildings
>stone age retard still steals technology from that city

absolutely ebin

>additional leader DLC
>additional Civs DLC
>additional leaders for additional Civs DLC

>but I think that I'd prefer multiple leaders for the nations.
Could be nice as a setup mechanic.

Even having a few different UUs to pick from and such, like slots.

Say you're america you have the leader slot that you have a few options for, you have the district slot where you have two options, and so on.

>More options are better than fewer, yes?
Not necessarily.
Quality over quantity, depth over width.

With too many options you might just feel overwhelmed and don't pick anything at all.

>i can't vote no against someone becoming a world leader

just got meme'd on by a rich AI who bought all the city states

Now you know what it feels like to be the DPRK.

Who recommended Thea earlier? I'm trying the demo and I'm getting my ass kicked.

How do I heal my people? I tried having them idling, they don't heal.

seeing how 3 of my cities were starving I'm certainly following in their footsteps

I think you have to move them to your village, perhaps you need a certain villager (healer) too

Nevermind, I found. I had to put her into idling and she regenerated. For the one in expeditions, they have to camp.

Finding ressources is a pain, though.

Hey guys, after playing about 40 hours of Stellaris on the first patch, I set it aside to wait until it gets fun.

Has it done so yet?

Not without mods

>Finding ressources is a pain, though.

yeah, that game has a tendency to put resources comically far away. I have to say though, the amount of play choices and the lore is really nice

Is there actually any good mods yet? I got probation from Paradox forums but it seems like the ones on the Workshop are all kind of shit, and the archive is just a bunch of numbers.

Tried playing my first Stellaris game the other day. Thought I was doing okay until I encountered eight other races in quick succession and they were all listed as overwhelmingly more powerful than I was. I made some dumb choices early on for my species, like being generally unlikable, so everyone hated me too. A few hours later I'd managed to equalize in the middle of the power scale somewhere, but that's about where I stayed since I was boxed in and couldn't expand without warring and the game basically stopped moving entirely for the next four hours.

Any recommendations or tips for good traits and flaws for the race? A good way to play so I don't fall behind the curve? Should I lower the number of races in the galaxy so the map isn't a cluttered, squashed mess of tiny empires?

Maybe. But so far I'm having problem finding each villagers are wounded, because the gathering/crafting screen doesn't say which one is wounded.

And expeditions are really shit at gathering ressources. Unless I'm playing wrong.

Are expeditions supposed to just murder shit, or going around and gathering rare shit?

The star trek one is kind of fun if you like that kind of thing

'diplomatic' victory is actually economic victory ;^)

>And expeditions are really shit at gathering ressources. Unless I'm playing wrong.
are you using the right type of villager on the right resources, for example gathers on wood? Also if I'm not mistaken you can build tools that makes them gather more

>Are expeditions supposed to just murder shit, or going around and gathering rare shit?
depends, if there is a billion monsters spawning right outside the village you should clear the spawns so you can gather in relavtive peace. Otherwise I prefer to explore ruins and such

damn, very strong only costs 3 points now

all victories are basically hording production and money and branching into what you want

>that one asshole civilization who is going culture as well so it takes you 50 turns in the end-game to get them wearing your blue jeans

Ha, so villagers are specialized.
Of course.

I'm playing the demo, which is basically early access, has the game really changed since? Because there are many flaws in the UI that I'm worried about. Like most of the stuff being unreadable because it doesn't scale to the small resolution.

what a waste of good repeating digits

What's up with you faggots? You're in every thread on every goddamned board. Just linking stupid posts because of some numbers. You think someone cares? You think someone gives a damn about your autistic little ritual?

That's what we're getting. Multiple leaders have been confirmed, and even if they hadn't everything about the game implies it.

Firaxis have made questionable civ choices but two of the same nation as seperate slots would be bonkers even for them.

Yes.

Yes.

Sure, but buying city states is a direct result of having lots of gold.

And having most city states equals being elected as leader of the world.

which mods you running mate?

Thinking of playing as space elves.

Then modifying my elves ot become the perfect leaders.

Also planting Dwarves and such that can be modified into perfect miners/soldiers and so on.

May not need unique baselines for all of the others.
Only Goblin is done so far, but it shares the baseline with Humans and Gnomes at least.

Total Racial Points can go up to 4.
So dwarves and elves technically have 1 trait point to spare.
Maybe charismatic for dwarves, to boost happiness of halfling farmers on the mining worlds.
Having 1 spare point is nice for changing world preference though.

>standard map
>22 civs and 12 city states
>try to play peaceful victory

always a good time

futuristic/modern (using the proper historical definition of modern aka 1500-today) fantasy is my fetish. Shame no (4x) game really does this well.
I just want my elven armor divisions

AoW3 dude.

Vox Populi, among others, but Vox Populi is probably the one you're interested in.
By the way, it turns out I missed one of his cities. Once I took that city he agreed to becoming my vassal.

fair enough, at least for early modern age/steampunkesque. I have to do a elf dreadnought game soon. A bit unoptimized perhaps but surely fun

Shame high tier units are too good.
I think the powerlevels between tiers would be more okay if you could have more units in each stack so you can overwhelm the stronger units.

Having a swarm of goblin musketeers with a few flame tanks was fun, less fun knowing that I could win much more easily if I just grabbed a stack of juggernauts.

My problem with the tiers is that you tech up way too quickly so there is no room for any t1 or even most t2.

Something like this I think.
Shame when I genemod the main species(elves), they won't count as the main species anymore.
Otherwise I could use the "only main species as leaders" to keep the leader pool cleaner.

1 Spare points on non gobbos, so I can change world preference I guess.

I want mixed planets so nomadic is useful.
Ideally I'd colonize with a halfling ship.

Collectivist-Xenophile probably.
Collectivist so I can purge if necessary, xenophile for the happiness bonus on the mixed planets.

>get Star Ruler 2's expansion on Steam two days ago
>now it's on sales on GoG
Well, since I got SR2 for free, I probably shouldn't complain too much.

i would run a train on maria's pig body

Nobody like Maria.

>AI ask me to stop buying land near them
>tell them to fuck right off
>get punished later in the game for "not keeping my promise"

I didn't promise anything.

my dick can go for anything wearing a corset

Still with Thea, how do I increase my settlement's area of influence?
And as a rule of thumb, how many rations do I need to usually pick? It's one per person per turn, right?

You rang?

Anyone here playing Supreme Commander could help me?

anything

What do you want to know?

Morroco's Kasbahs are overpowered. +1 food +1 money +1 production. I build them on almost every tile and I'm shitting out units.

Oh, my.

Me gusta.

I can do okay in skirmish in Forged Alliance against normal and even hard AI, but the campaign kicks my ass.

The AI cheats in the campaign missions. You have to turtle hard.

I'm always rushed by time in the campaign. I start the first mission, okay. Then suddenly I have to pierce a blocus and assist civilians who are attacked before I had time to develop properly, and then I'm supposed to take down the enemy commander.

Seven Kingdoms 2 user here.
I'm going to bed, try to keep that thread alive, okay?

Campaign is heavily scripted. You can abuse this to build up before triggering the next step in a mission.

turtle hard, do not scout

scouting tends to trigger events
if all else fails, savescum like a motherfucker to find out how to trick the AI

How useful do you think China's wall building ability is going to be? I mean, I like it on paper, but I just can't see myself building an empire-spanning wall, especially since it takes up valuable hexes. And I doubt the bonuses will make up for it either.

>it takes up hexes
>doesn't act like a road instead

it's already shit

>don't get Notre Dame in time
>can't build new cities until I can get Order

If you're not too bothered about Civ 6's art direction, it seems to be shaping up into a pretty neat game. Big fan of improved city states, great people and governments.

I'll miss the gorgeous wonder artwork and pretty icons though. RIP.

>meme walls
>useful
good for tall turtle empires maybe

the art is shit but really such a small part of the game. The rest pretty hyped for.

Is there a negative penalty for telling "friends" that want all my money for free to fuck off?

Yes
You need to be genriss

Aristocracy and meritocracy gives global happiness.

uh you don't get to bring friends

>AI CIV burning a city to the ground
>offer to buy it from them
>"there's no way for this deal to work"

MAKE
THE
MONGOLS
PAY
FOR
IT

I mean, can't you just build the wall at the hexes that are more than 3 moves away aka the ones that aren't workable? It seems like it would be quite strong for building tall and detracting your neighbors from wanting to target you.

>chinks built a wall
>didn't even make the mongols pay for it
>got steamrolled by them anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=afnJbdT4t5g

>tfw if civ 6 isnt good ill probably lose all faith in firaxis ever giving a good product on release

Are you ready for toned down versions of the Civilization 5 expansion mechanics? That they'll improve on in DLC?

I want to know what it looks like if you build three in adjacent tiles instead of just two.

So how about them 4x eh?