Should I buy this?

Okay Veeky Forums,

I met this guy who has a 85' Celica Supra. I see him everyday in it so I said he had a nice car. He told me more about it and said that he would sell it to who wanted it. I asked how much.

$1,800.

The interior is a little fucked and the paint is a matte beige, but everything looks fine. I'm questioning if i should try to save up and get it.

Should I?

stop making FWD drivers feel bad

Get the vin checked just to be sure it's clean. Otherwise, do whatever you want, it's your money.

Shit my car has almost twice the horsepower.

My mom had one when I was in grade school, it wasn't that great.

Do it. Become takumi.

Is it 5 speed or automatic? If 5 speed, if there's no rust, the price isn't bad. Talk him down a bit though.

Currently own 2, sold off a 3rd awhile ago. The 5 speed is fun, the auto is shit. Suspension is shit, although they corner well despite it, especially with good tires. They are not fast, at all, and most cars will beat you. For back road hooning, they are fun and great, but be wary as parts aren't always easy to come by. There's a guy in Canada named Mark that can get ahold of brand new OEM parts for them, just about anything you need, but they are not cheap. Oh and I hope you like screws everywhere if you take anything apart. Holy shit.

Its a five speed. It has one of those antique license plates too. He told me it was a solid car to drive in. No engine probs. I couldn't see very much rust but yeah it was a bitchin' deal. My only problem was the interior which can be fixed and the paint. I'll check the vin and ask about some more stuff tomorrow. Oh and being a toyota i'd expect some compact screw's from hell scenario. Thanks for the info

The lower rear quarter panel behind the rear wheels, behind the rocker panel trim in front of the rear wheels, and the hatch where the spoiler bolts down at the bottom, and the corners is where they rust the most. Also behind the quarter panel where you'd store your tire iron and jack, likes to rust out and create holes, check that area too.

What color is the interior? Black and Black/Gray are the hardest to come by. Anything else is pretty easy to get used and you won't have to spend thousands to get the interior looking nice again. Most seats will have small tears in them and trim pieces missing, sadly.

You'll end up with some extra screws too. I know I always have a few extra when I was sure I put every single one back. Kind of neat.

That's so cheap that even if it only lasts you a few months you can bin it and then say you used to own a supra.

BUY IT NAO

>bragging about power in a fwd car
>2016
ISHYGDEDT

This has to be a troll.

>trusting someone who tells you they'll sell their well maintained 30 year old car when you tell them that its nice

I'd run far and fast. It's probably fucked and that guys looking for a way out.

Or he's bored of it and wants to sell it to someone who will appreciate it.

Probably this.

Even if it is a bit of a turd, Youll have no problem getting your money back out of it. Slow or not, it would be a hell of an experience.

>save up and get it

How do you not have this kinda money on hand? I always freak when my bank balancenis below 3k. If you can't afford it now I don't you'll be able to sustain the insurance and maintenance for its short service life.

Unless you're under 18 like most ppl here and are going to have daddy pay for it.

Hijacking the thread.
I'm buying a 2007 Hyundai Tiburon.
It has 100k and has only been driving in the summer by an old retired couple.
Is 6500 CAN to much?

>i'm buying a hyundai

yes, whatever you're paying is too much

Is that your Supra? I'm in the market for some lovely 80s weebmobiles and snow is my biggest concern. Any tips for preventing rust and not dying in a snow bank?

Yes it is my Supra. I drove it with a couple of sand bags in the hatch and it was probably the best thing I ever drove in the snow. I had no problems getting around and didn't get stuck at all.

Tips for preventing rust? It's tough to completely prevent it, unless you just don't drive it. Snow doesn't really hurt, it's a build up of salt. I just go to the car wash every once a week if I drive it a lot and it prevents it from rusting real bad. Generally any 80s weebmobile is going to have rust already, so unless you pour salt on the already rusted spots, it shouldn't get much worse if you wash it off.

You already made a thread about this
It's way too much for an automatic 4 banger. Like, you're paying 100% over the price anyone else would--and believe me there is no market for these in auto. Good luck selling it in a year for 2 grand if you buy it.

You've got a gorgeous looking car, m8. The one I was looking at the most was a Texas car and I had to actually crawl around and look really hard to find any rust beyond super thin surface patina. If I got something that clean I was thinking of getting it undercoated and like you said hosing the bullshit off it regularly. Good to know it won't be unmanageable at least even without undercoating it.

Why? Do you enjoy wheel hop and understand?

I enjoy understand a lot.

Yes, I bought an 08 ford focus with 70k miles for 4500. I wouldn't pay over 4k.

>2016
>Thinking FWD is bad

Grandpa pls

I would buy the supra in a heart beat for that price. Get a set of tokico blue shocks and replace the suspension rubber. Check for cam tower oil leaks, listen to the differental for any whining