I fucking hate nice cars, Veeky Forums

I fucking hate nice cars, Veeky Forums.
I own a fairly nice sportscar, and I hardly ever drive it. It sits in a garage week after week. I only take it out for shows and meets, where I never hoon it for fear of something breaking. I never park it anywhere but my garage because I'm afraid of door dings and scrapes. I put less than 5k miles on it in a year, and all it seems to do is take up space. Yeah I can show it off, but I feel like that's all it's for. I have more fun in my daily than my sportscar, where I can not give a fuck. It almost feels like my pride and joy is a burden. Is this what most sportscar owners feel like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TcLU4LGTPk8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I end up not driving a lot of my more expensive/new cars because of the reasons you mentioned. I sold my 2014 STI recently because it was just sitting in the garage. I end up having more fun in cheaper cars because I don't really care what happens to them compared to something that cost me $35k+.

one one end - i always get in to cars and coffee.
on the other end - that's the only place i drive it to.

fuck dude i wish i had a beater miata

Then sell your nice car and buy 1000 buck 3 serie

Seriously considering it - but then I'd have nothing to show off with. Does that make me superficial?

>normalfag problems
no one cares dude. go post this on fb.

you can get into c&c with a fucking home made go kart.. its a free admission gathering. there is no "getting in"

Yes. You sound like an insecure small dick asshole

Lel try telling that to the Houston C&C scene. The event sponsors, just before the last meetup, had to urge people not to hold spots. I stopped going because it was the same shit over and over because of the spot saving; row of recent model Mustangs, row of recent model Corevettes, row of Porsches, row of lifted "off roaders", and then people fill in spots here and there with their miscellaneous cars.
Hell, I showed up an hour and a half early and there were boomers occupying multiple spots IN THEIR LAWN CHAIRS next to their cars.
Yes, I'm salty.

>houston c&c
>literally who

sorry the only real c&c is irvine.

Calm your tits m8 there's multiple c&c's in every state. Just because they're not the original doesn't mean they're any different.

Just wish they'd ban stancefags from mine.

stancefags wouldn't even have the gall to show up to the OC one

GT86 owner detected.

Protip: You are just being anal because you overpayed for your first car and you think it is special.

Change your tampon and just fucking drive it. It's a car, things break, it gets scratched and dinged, it gets dirty.

Take care of it, keep it up, and enjoy it. Cars are meant to be driven, just treat the regular wear and tear like a badge of honor.

It's probably depreciating anyway. What more can a few thousand miles per year do? Get out and drive it a few times. If that still feels bad, let Veeky Forums help you find a good cheap replacement.

Get an old Mercedes to show off with then. Pay $4K and everybody will think you have a 50k classic. Use rest of money on stuff you will be able to enjoy.

Guys I really am rich please believe me!

I don't think you have any car.

Actual wealthy fag here.

I have all fairly nice cars and there is some anxiety depending where I'm driving. I drive the sports cars on the way to work and back because I have safe parking at work and know the routes. Certain places for dinner and lunch I'll take them. Valet always pay for keeping it up front (valet guys are a sports car drivers friend, I always tip them well and they remember me).

I have a Range Rover for going to the grocery store, unknown routes, and toting people around.

Some sports cars are better than others of course. The best is the Porsche 911 Turbo S. That's very easy to drive around, reasonable clearance. My dad just got a 488 and that has a bad blind spot when changing lanes and that's where people hang out to check the car out. Also cars with super low spoilers can be a pain in the ass, always worried about scraping and taking entrances slow which pisses off other drivers. A lot of the newer cars have a front lift option, like the GT3 RS 991 has that now and it is for sure worth it. My 997 the clearance really limited where I wanted to take it.

I sometimes joke with my dad we should get a shitbox we don't care about for certain places we go, but, end of the day might as well enjoy what you have even if there is some risk. Also sometimes, depending on the car, you get a lot of attention when you might not be in the mood. People always ask me if I get laid a lot because of my sports cars, and the truth is they mostly attract dudes - women don't really give a fuck. Actually the women like the Range Rover the most.

PS. I had a SL Black Series for a while and the print through of the carbon hood was really bad - which got worse the more you parked it outside. Fun car regardless, had a really hard time getting the power down though.

youtube.com/watch?v=TcLU4LGTPk8

Not OP, but mine is kind of special. There are only 250 on the road like mine.

Sell it and buy a gt350 mustang and have fun faggot

Bread on hood

Don't have any bread, I'm at the office. I'm pretty private so don't want to show the office garage but here is the front vent of a purple GT3RS. Not sure if that really proves my legitimacy but I guess those are rare enough where it would be unlikely someone would just have one handy to go sneak a date stamped photo of.

take pic of a rim or gt3rs badge?
that vent doesn't tell much honestly

Get a tarbo valvo, make a ground effects kit out of cardboard and go nuts

This is also an opportunity to learn to do your own work

Sure

You's a lucky motherfucker.

I'm quite envious. :(

Women REALLY love Range Rovers for some reason.

Good shit user. You know you can get all kinds of cars in between street and top-of-the-line sport so you can hoon around comfortably in something 1/4 the cost of that car

I honestly feel like a prick confirming it, but, this thread peaked my interest because while driving nice cars is great, there are some downsides. It depends on the car obviously. Porsche I'm not worried about breaking, and milage isn't too big of an issue since I drive a lot of cars so they get milage split between them. Also like I mentioned earlier I have a garage at work and garage at home so weekdays driving nice cars is easy. I had like 15,000 miles on my last turbo S when I turned it in for the new one. Only cars I'm cautious of milage on are Ferraris because they are really sensitive to that - and they aren't very reliable (even the new ones). I drove the F12 too much and probably will take a bigger hit on that because of it but I got in it right.

Yeah, they do. I think it's something they'd be more interested in driving/owning, so it interests them more. Of course I'm generalizing, but, that's the common thread I've found.

Yeah, I know. I'm not OP. I hoon regularly in them because I have safe spots to park at home and work and drive the same places often. For the unknown trips where it might get hairy, I'd consider getting something less expensive to take more risks with for sure. Honestly though, damage happens - it's all generally fixable except for a bad wreck and for that I have insurance. My attitude is I might get some damage from driving them (and have) but hey, no sense in owning them if I can drive them. That's not to say I don't shutter when a spoiler scrapes on a gas station entrance or park far away at the store.

Why feel bad confirming?

Not your fault you've got money, nice to know some people on Veeky Forums aren't just bus riders.

Despite enjoying cars and other nice things, I'm of the belief wealth shouldn't be flaunted. It's a cognitive dissonance I have.

OP here - just wanted to thank you for your input in the thread. You're right, anything can be fixed. I guess I'm just more worried about having to spend money to fix what I didn't want damaged in the first place. Either way, you're right. Thanks for the information.

nice dealership pic

Used to be the same, then I stopped giving a shit and thrash it around now

No problem man. Enjoy your car!

>babying an IS

>2015+1.5
>rudeposting

Why wouldn't I baby an ISF? Worth more than your ultra rare 1993 shitbox

Busted.
Dick on hood please.

>Spend countless hours restoring my 71 Oldsmobile 442 W-30 to original
>So anal about the black leather interior and the paintjob that I keep my garage air-conditioned during the summer and always at 70 degrees fahrenheit during the winter.
>Drive it maybe a total of 8 hours a year
>Enjoying driving my slightly lifted 85' SWB K20 more
Thought about selling the 442 and buying a 304 gremlin or chevette or something that I wont be afraid to drive more often. I feel like some dumbass that buys an expensive boat only to take it out once or twice a year.

Iktf
It's more fun restoring it to showroom spec than driving it showroom spec.

>ultra rare shitbox owner calling someone else an ultra rare shitbox owner.

Porsche dealerships are much nicer than whatever is in the reflection of his car.

Not that you have ever been in one.

What is the interior color?
if you have a purple car the interior has to be brown or you can't listen to three 6 bumping down the highway

When I turned 20 I got myself a fpv gtp( aussie) mint condition and I was so nervous about everything I bearly drove it and ended up selling a year later it becomes more of a investment then a toy I'd recommend buying something cheap and fun

Black with and silver seat belts and alcantara (to match the wheels and other silver things on the car).

Brown is not offered off the line but there is a Personalization division for those who really like three 6 mafia. I visited Porsche Personalization in Germany a while back, was pretty interesting but I never went for it. They have done some wild stuff.

the thought that keeps me going is this:
as long as i double down on payments and dont drive it, not only can i get another one sooner but before im 40 i can get a supercar

>automatic frs and financed tC

Kek

Right, as long as you don't drive you can't wreck. Fucking faggot.

Give me your car then and stop whining. Want to know what's than parts wearing out as they are designed to during driving? Transit.

Quit bitching because at least you have a car and the means to get it repaired.
>PS most sports cars need to be driven aggressively and run at operating temperatures during normal driving to prevent the undue damage so you're hurting your car more by letting it sit

If you're not rich enough to drive the car normally, you're not rich enough to own the car

look at how jay leno treats his cars, he fucking put his sls on his mercedes one of kind race service/tow truck and scraped the shit out of it, his response? "it happens"

You can fix a car, it's a wear and tear utility.

Welp, that does it. Ima gonna buy a c4 and hoon the everloving shit out of it, and when I do a sik skid into a curb and tear the rear axle off, I'll just lol and buy another c4