/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

back and better than /egg/er edition

Previous ded: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise:

Corneroids, Space Engineers, Starmade, Avorion, From the Depths, Factorio, REM, Robocraft, Machinecraft, Garry's Mod, Homebrew, Besiege, Infinifactory, Scrap Mechanic, GearBlocks, and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

Space Engineers:
>spaceengineersgame.com
>SpEngies for retards: i.imgur.com/IZekrGe

StarMade:
>star-made.org
>youtube.com/watch?v=7YyxsW_2xmo
Server: NASSzone
IP: nasszone.com:4242

Avorion
>avorion.net/

From the Depths:
>fromthedepthsgame.com
>/egg/heim idea bin: pastebin.com/Tmk14sf2

Factorio:
>factorio.com/
>guide.factorio.com/index.html
>steamcommunity.com/groups/eggtorio

REM:
>www.remproject.wordpress.com
>youtube.com/channel/UCzp2XM98-FcFWAqhFjnxSbg

Machinecraft:
>hrpbk2 wix com / machinecraft
>upload/download designs at filescase.com
>TT Mech template: www.mediafire.com/download/0aalnmvvyvm75sq/TT-Mech-Template.rar
>Helpful starter guide: youtube.com/watch?v=iLVnW5exF3Q

Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>store.steampowered.com/app/325420/
>homebrewgame.com/

Besiege:
>store.steampowered.com/app/346010/
>youtube.com/watch?v=n-aG7E9gTNI

Infinifactory:
>zachtronics.com/infinifactory

Scrap Mechanic:
>store.steampowered.com/app/387990/

Robot Arena 2:
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5

KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/

Algodoo:
>algodoo.com/

OP Pastebin for new deds :pastebin.com/4YU2GFPj

Other urls found in this thread:

geek.com/games/no-mans-sky-wipes-your-discoveries-after-two-weeks-1668222/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=375603526
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You really want to go like that?
Stealth bombing is an art this days...
Even pic related is an old museum piece, you can make a very very heavy printer-bomber or a multiple phases ICBM with the size of a ship.

The best way of PvP is dogfight in small spaceships, in the same mood as old school duels, or... if someone does it, a "deathmatch map", and have some fun unrelated to factions.

also, some people dont even have a fighter or resources to do one properly.
There is an issue with some older versions.
I had a torrented version myself, after some fiasco with the HAVOK physics engine, you need to set the date before that, if not your character will get glued to a wall or something and you wont be able to move, remember that.

>File: egg.png (670 KB, 736x439)

Immensely useful tips. Thank you guys!

Where are the upvotes on this website?

First for trains

So it seems I'm stuck at 190m/s no matter what I do (getting in/out, dampeners, override, spinning)

CLANG has claimed my soul and ship.

3th for land trains are dumb and so can you

press F6

wat

>trying to make a chopper
>turret starts firing the enemy through me
>kills muh choppa
>have to do it again

Ill post webum

The shit got patched to be limited at 60rpm again.
So no more superfast rotors. FUCK.

>The best way of PvP is dogfight in small spaceships
Actually, the best way is to send 3-4 medium-large ships each carrying a couple drone fighters using the fleet command mod. Nobody will be able to deal with stomping that much materiel without MAC guns to gut the largeships and gear to aim them.

Nobody has bothered to do it yet though so you're safe. You'd more likely be ganked by a human piloting a carrier and then he launches six drone fighters at you.

fucking whyyyyyyyyyy

>now we blame keen for fixing shit
This is some next level poetry.

QUICK
POST SPANGOS HAIKUS

>play spengies
>haven't played in a while, don't know all the controls
>crash in control menus

is this a feature

>you will never be able to build shit like this without crashing

Is that the sausage station from ayy lmao sodium dilation?

How much of what Keen patches can't be modded in/out? I've seen mods do some pretty crazy shit, is the rotor code really so buried that nobody can edit it or something?

more like 'can't be arsed to'

you can make a mod block with the same rotor, but with altered speeds.

What mods do you guys use for spengies?

A lot. There's a lot of little shit that needs fixing so mod counts are always bloated. Atmospheric aero parts are a good thing to have.

Should I get Eggpyrion to play with you people? Or did you stop playing already?

Some of us are getting pvp ready, and there's always...
>the future

There's a bunch of anons building warships for an invasion. Wait till the materiel is completed and then we'll have everybody get on and start taking over planets.

>eggs with hard hats
you really did it, you madlad

depends.
For survival, only no cap speed, a skybox and an aerodynamics and re-entry heat mod.

For the rest, anything.

ced, do you have a collection of all the mods for spengos?

>I said Unity uses Havok because I didn't look it up and is getting replaced with a math based system that's why better anyway
>people started quoting me in previous thread
Man I really need to watch what I say. Unity is Physx, not Havok (which doesn't really matter, except we can use Physx for free and Havok has a per user fee of something like 10 dollars) , and that is fine for fps games, FTD because there isn't really many colliders per ship, and even besieged because it's not a multiplayer game, but REM is a bit more like Garrysmod than either and we can't stay with the current system. Rather, we're making a hybrid system that blends a few elements. One Physx entity per ship, thousands of individual parts on it being managed by our custom system in code. Difference is that we can multithread our code. Anything we use in unity that we don't make is not multithreaded and runs like garbage. Our new system won't be quite as wobbly as it is now, but we see that as a bonus. It will still calculate stress and structural integrity, but will use code instead of clang. Early tests have 2000 parts no problem, as opposed to the 400 Max we have now.

Acting like you know what you're sort of talking about but you actually don't is the best way to summon people who do.
If only you had arrived earlier.

Yep, they just have to come along and make corrections. Never fails.

HELLO MY BABY

fucking inverse kinematics

lost

Remanon?
saw the convo since grill devs, but im none of those.
Wanna ask in my ignorace.
All that wobble looks like it was put there to avoid CLANG, but its really hard to make the whole thing rigid, and work it from there?
Spengos, in its early days, when rotors were just implemented, they were 100% rigid, and gave some good CLANG spectacles, but were the best moments, because it was buggy, but was not a jelly made rotor.

I will never get this in the physics engines, looks like some cheap nigger solution that everyone uses because its easy, or because its inside the physics engine, and you cant do anything about it.

It's not put there. What it takes to stop it from happening is retardedly cycle-expensive without dedicated hardware acceleration with retarded levels of parallelism.

And nobody does what spengies did in the first place to have 'rigid rotors' for exactly the reason you would always see 15 seconds later. It's not a solution, its a hackjob.

So, maybe in 10 more years will have proper physics?
Fuck my life then.

>factorio 0.14.0 torrent when

>54 fps
literally unplayable

Late gmod was fine. Garry and all the mod teams had been fucking with that implementation of havok for so long they'd figured out everything they needed to make the game work better.

Except the fucking game died, and E2 had already killed off most advanced usage of wiremod and replaced it with scripting everything instead. Nobody built mechanically scanned radars anymore. Nobody bothered to set up complicated coordinate-finding sets. You could just call the global entity list and return an entity's coordinates. Useful for some things, sure, it'd be a hell of an aid if you were trying to make a damage monitor for a ship, but nobody ever fucked with gates again. Everything got boring and stale. I remember I had an AC-130 that you could call up, and you could get air support from it by designating a target with your laser designator. It was all gates.

we took the chode for a spin and found some bases on a PVE planet.
need to go to a PVP sector next, maybe kill some stuff.

> No Man's Sky's discoveries are possibly not being saved

I never had so much entertainment from a game without playing it or even watching it

how did they beef so hard

is sean murray jewish?

Are artillery turrets still space-only or are capital ships actually useful on planets?

>SERB DOWN
SERB DOWN
>SERB DOWN
SERB DOWN
>SERB DOWN
SERB DOWN
>SERB DOWN
SERB DOWN
>SERB DOWN
SERB DOWN
>SERB DOWN
SERB DOWN

You're fast.

SERB BACK UP

serb is nominal
have nice day

Sevastaol

Holy fuck, what?

genocide when

machinecraft masterrace

>connect to andromeda
>leave for school
>come back
>still hasnt loaded

Is wheat the only thing I should be growing in Empyreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeon?

I can grow all sorts of shit, but when it comes down to ease of use its easy to just dump all my wheat into the processor, make flour, and then make a pile of bread to stuff in the fridge instead of growing a bunch of different shit to fill up complex recipes.

Grow tomatoes. Combine with raw meat for canned meat. While it takes hunting, it has a ton of food value and lasts ages.
Canned vegetables are good too.

I want to make a ship in space engineers that is a spinning object inside of a glass dome. Is there some block or method that will allow something in my ship to spin indefinitely? Preferably something I can turn on and off but just spinning is good enough.

override the gyro

1: Set an object spinning and then remove the force causing it to spin. I think freely rotating objects get frozen if you get too far away or reload the world though.

2: Project your object into the dome, not a real object, but by far the easiest, safest and most reliable. Looking like a hologram may suit your situation even better.

3: Give said object power and a gyro, and set the gyro to override. Requires power unfortunately. Bonus points if you program the gyro to periodically change the orientation.

it's time for a blast from the past

what coords are you at?

Hey, does Warbros have Ced's laser inventory mods?

yes

somewhere, lost in 2014

Does it have a sord mod?

dank memes

:^)

someone needs to make skelastronaught mod for spengies

Burning skeleton man when

Open the helmet and it's just Ghost Rider/ Inferno Cop

Okay thanks, definitely something I can work with.

Wait Eggpyrion has farming?

Can you build nice looking houses and shit that are still functional?

Will I like it if I liked 7 days to die?

yes

Don't think of anything complex.
You build a farm plot, put a lamp above it, put a seed into the plot, and every x minutes you can click on it to harvest the plant.

There isn't a terrible amount of function in the game yet, but you can build functional houses.
So far you can have in your house
-constructor for crafting whatever
-food processor for cooking
-fridge to store food
-farm plots
-generator to make energy for everything
-storage
-turrets to defend your shit
That's about all. There aren't many dynamic objects, but there is a hangar door that automatically opens when you approach with a vessel. Otherwise no moving parts like rotators or pistons.

But user, there is a hangar door!

What do you mean by "not being saved"? That shitty quasi-multiplayer doesn't have other people's world names show up or something? Or is it not being saved client-side?

The planets you discover and other scanned shit gets wiped from time to time. There are a lot of articles up already about it, and a thread on leddit

Literally the last mechanics this game had to justify playing it is gone.

geek.com/games/no-mans-sky-wipes-your-discoveries-after-two-weeks-1668222/

>added misojner for warbros
>invites glitched out
>ced's offline
>can't play on new warbros
Fuck.

add keo

>dont own spengies so cant play with warbros
>andromeda fucked up so i cant play with eggpyrion

rip

keo?
I only saw these names here

I still have invite rights to the group, toss me an invite and I'll get you in

link steam profile plz, keo isn't a unique enough identifier

Look for the banana

I was on eggpyrion just now, logged off because no other eggs are on

spengies server is also empty, only 2 players on. What time do you all play on?

Is there a current Warbros modpack/pre-load world?

Don't know if it's current steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=375603526

is there a game like factorio, but an RTS? I just like to give orders and strategize.

that actually works, didn't get any [downloading mods] message

But 6 people are in

>redditor comments

wow, that white drill is just goin nuts, yet taking no damage