/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #549 - Clenched Fist Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsLink CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8czESQHZOIY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The absolute madman

FIRST

YOU'RE TO SLOW

SHITTTTTTTTTTTTT

Now you look like a fucking asshole

What about as a magical girl?

youtube.com/watch?v=8czESQHZOIY

I'll tell you after I've reinstalled GMI and removed no hud

How long till million followers?

Sonic Generations was a fucking mistake. Classicucks are literally killing this franchise.

The twitter? It's only half way there.

Sticks is cute.

Thanks user

cute bat

Bring classic back for 2017 was a huge mistake, his presence basically screams "HEY REMEMBER WHEN WE DIDN'T SUCK GUYS'

Anyone else never realize how little clothing Blaze wore in her early designs?

>Classicucks are literally killing this franchise
If anything that was most Modern Sonic games
>Heroes
>Shadow
>06

Well honestly I think playing the nostalgia card is bad in general. Look at street fighter. the past few games have been basically is SF2 wank

Based. Thanks user.

>games from over a decade ago

Can anyone post the survey results?

Adam draws a really nice Rouge

Well the problem is that sega is nostalgia pandering at this point instead of creating something original they're basically rehashing the same stuff and the classicfags are eating that shit up

These games had a huge impact on Sonic despite how old.

Indeed he does.

which one the one that got rigged

>classicfags are eating that shit up
>Sonic 4
>Lost World
>Eating those games up

He means the /sthg/ survey.

that is a cute bat

Well they're still nostalgia pandering to this day with mania and the unnecessary inclusion of classic sonic in 2017

I know Heroes was bad, but what did it do to have a huge impact on Sonic?

I'm amazed at how fast it keeps gaining followers. I would have thought the fad would die down and new followers would be slower to get gained, but no.

I posted this opinion a few weeks ago, but might as well do it again.

"Pandering", as it gets thrown around on places like Veeky Forums, isn't really a bad thing. People act like "making a product people like" is pandering, and if that's your definition of pandering then I'm sure you'll be sad to hear that the entire job of a business is pandering.

Bringing back Shadow, I guess.

>63% of the thread is basically autistic
Jesus Christ.

>Veeky Forums
>sonic related general
>only 63%
I'd say we're doing pretty good. One of the anons here is even married and has a kid. He also draws cute shit I think.

>unnecessary inclusion of classic sonic in
I'm not going to lie it does feel redundant with Mania. But as long as it's a good game isn't that what matters? It's guaranteed money for them.
Making people hate Sonic's friends even more and bringing Shadow back so he can appear in Shadow the Hedgehog.

>California is the biggest population

Why don't we ever hang out, you huge faggots?

>Big fat bat tats

these guys know what's up

I just feel that bringing him back for 2017 just loses the feeling of generations but then again the same could be argued for shadow in sa2 and bringing him back in heroes

I'm reserving my judgments on Classic in 2017, and really any judgment on 2017, until we actually get more info. Because right now, knowing Sonic Team, anything's possible.

Looks like youweren't fast enough.

I haven't been on here since PitS2 and Shattered2 got storytimed. Did I miss any new storytimes?

That's true hell they could even bring back more playable characters if they wanted to

no

two or so pages of Shattered 3 & Knuckles got leaked, but that's it

>Why dont we hang out?
Let's see: Transportation Costs, Schedule Alignment, Location.
If you can get around those I'm sure you'll have fun. At least your state has more than two other people coming here

Well the nostalgia pandering is resulting in good things nowadays. Better that than something original that's shit

>mfw the only Minnesotan

thoughts?

>Shadow
>Rouge
Just remove those and he's correct. Really, remove anyone that was created after 3&K

/v/ being autistic again?

That image reminds me of the Japanese fans that post really close up images of Sonic characters' genitals from official images on their twitters.

Every Sonic character that has ever been is canon. This includes characters exclusive to particular continuities/spin-offs (comics, Boom, etc.) as far as said continuities are concerned.

Everyone, of course, except user's waifu.

>le edgy contrarian opinion
Every character in Sonic has a part to play. Have them show up when that part is needed.

this is from /v/, yes

Whoever designed the outfit Rouge wears in riders is my hero

I live in Iowa, neighbor.

Also, Sonic characters just look cute with the Peanuts art style.

I wasn't here for the surveys, but apparently I'm the only Mississippian.

There you go user.

What's a dealbreaker for you in project 2017 /sthg/ ?

Anyone besides Sonic being playable and a serious "epic" story

>mfw when there's no canadians on sthg

If it's not on PC
Because nigga I don't feel like buying another console

Just don't make us play that part.

It has to have at least Sonic the hedgehog as a playable character or I'm not buying it.

In fact don't make us see any part that isn't Sonic/Tails/Eggman/Orbot/Cubot

So you want that or you don't

Seems pretty upset.

Quebecfag here

/cgl/ arranges meet ups at cons and over half usually don't show up. Be they too busy or too socially inept to pull through. I tried to date one of the anons I met and they never talk, literally too busy posting to pay attention to the outside world.

Thank ukekawa then

D-Did you go to anime expo?

I have no idea. There are several things that would make me really depressed, but I don't think I could turn my back on it completely given how long it's been since Gens.

P&G writing it would be a huge downer. Boom Sonic being in it, too. If it turned into a shitshow like Boom was I'd probably not want anything to do with it.

>I tried to date one of the anons I met and they never talk, literally too busy posting to pay attention to the outside world.
>Actually dating a Veeky Forums goer
Why would you do this?

How does this make you feel, user?

I don't. Not at all. We don't need multiple playable characters in a 3D game or an 06 tier "serious" story

Wanted to, but I live in the midwest. If anyone went to Acen, Midwest or Colossal, they likely met or saw me.

It doesn't have boost gameplay

T-they were really hot.

And why would you automatically assume that it would be bad? They got enough complaints about it to stop even putting those characters in. Having good gameplay along with those characters would be a completely different scenario than SA1 or SA2.

Was confirmed, my dude.

PS4/ONE/NX too

Albertafag here

Indifferent because it's just fan art of a game from 10 years ago when Sega didn't know betterBecause the last times we got multiple playable characters in a 3D game we got 06 and Rise of Lyric

Hey /sthg/ I've been away for 2 weeks, I'm sure you all missed me. Speaking of, what have I missed?

I've been asking myself why I still have this saved

pls mods no ban

>i'm falling for your bait but I'll try really hard to act like I'm not by "intentionally" taking it!

Anyway there's no "proper canon". If a character is important, they'll show up. That's how that shit works. The main cast is usually limited to Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy. Characters like Shadow, Blaze, Jet, etc appear as needed. Simple shit.

Nothing. There is absolutely nothing going on until we get more game info.

Well then feel disappointed

Bump missed you, user.

wait does this mean blaze still has paws? are these official concept designs?

>Iowa

Multiple playable characters that have very different playstyles.

Oh yeah, those games were totally as bad as they were because of having multiple characters and totally not other reasons.
Not much. A sprinkle of new art, I think an issue was storytimes, and an attention whore decided to set up shop here and people are too retarded to ignore it so it'll go away. That's about it. Some anons also started working on an idea for a sanic fighter. One of them wants to make one from the ground up, possibly based off Fighters and the other is looking to mod 3rd Strike or something.

Anyone going to PAX next week to get some time down with Mania?

Nah. We're not getting multiple playable characters outside of the 2 Sonic's since it's basically Gens 2. Hopefully we don't get an Unleashed/06 type story and get a successor to Gens

console only/motion controls.

It's what killed Riders.

>are these official concept designs?
No. These are.