Aus fag here

Aus fag here,

I have a lil vdub golf and im sick of my choice of car, i need a car which oozes character but isnt too classic or too new to be both expensive to run and expensive to buy. WHAT IS MY CAR SWEETHEART!!!

HOW do you look for cars other than carsales.com because all of my choices such as the Porsche 924, MR2 & 300ZX are so uncommon in Aus.

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com.au/s-cars-vans-utes/carmake-toyota/carmodel-toyota_mr2/c18320
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SAVE MEE Veeky Forums!

there's been like 5 anons, including me, with mr2's just in SA
300zx (z32 specifically) are common as mud
i see at least 3 924s every day in my 13km commute

what the fuck are you smoking mate.

Im from NSW and i struggle to find cars for sale , tips bruh

gumtree.com.au/s-cars-vans-utes/carmake-toyota/carmodel-toyota_mr2/c18320

go nuts

Those are all relatively common. Sw20 mr2s are shit though. 300zxs are fucking horrible.

what do you suggest then, im looking for something that has the kind of character those cars try to get

>Sw20 mr2s are shit though
guess you've never driven a GT, but ill back you on the Z. Z31s are rust buckets and z32s are fat, slow and hard to work on.

What do you need in a car, what price and how mechanically able are you?
All those things will factor into a recommendation, otherwise we're just flinging shit at each other while the other one goes too small/too big, too pricey and too hard to fix

Ok well i want something i wont have to fix too often, something a bit more reliable. Im more on mechanically able side but im way far from an expert. But i would like to learn. Max 10 grand is my budget, i would prefer something other than a two seater, 2 seats with little back seats are fine. And i want it to be more sporty and nimble while still being fuel efficient. I looked at the miata but its look just pisses me off and i would have to give it a chunky bodykit to make it have character.

a little more retro and characterized is what im looking at. i fucking like pop up lights

Do you mean a turbo one? I've driven a few, and worked on them sadly. They are gay. Too small inside, shifter in a shit spot, timing belt blows, laggy.

Ya feel dawg?

Honestly just get the mx5. You don't need a bodykit to make them look good, clean with a nice set of wheels looks nice. Far better than any of the other shitters you've mentioned.

idk...

BMW 318 ? thoughts?

The older BMW 3 series have a chunky front which i like but how are they as a whole

I'm also from NSW and the MR2 and 300ZX are everywhere.

then i guess im just retarded.

Gutless. 325i or above or bust.

toyota land cruiser ute. sexy.

I wasn't having a go mate.

or yer!?

:)

Gutless. Leak oil like crazy. Have to get a 6 banger minimum. Look at the price on e39 5 series, good value if you're into beemers.

Use gumtree you cuck

keep the golf.