Most beautiful new cars?

I am of the opinion that, for the most part, modern car design has gone down the fucking shitter. Everything either looks the same, or looks completely ridiculous (pic is a great example of this).

What do you guys think are the best looking cars made in the last five or ten years? I know there are still good designers out there. Lets see em.

Mercedes W204 is a good example, it's an excellent progression from W203. Modern look yet timeless body lines.

Instread of building upon it, they went full retard like Toyota and Lexus with the new pig-fat melting design of CLA and W205.

Fuck everything.

You know, I'm not much of a Mercedes guy, but you're right, that W204 looks great. I think it'll age really well. I would come in and say the BMW E39, but that's a little too old, and honestly, I think that W204 has a more detailed design.

But yeah dude, there's some serious garbage out there right now. It's sooooo bad.

Toyota went to complete shit design wise. They used to be "ok", but now they are just trash tier.

I only like Mazda's design atm, Fords arent bad aswell, rest is pretty crappy.

True that. Toyota is pretty much garbage atm.

Man, I think the ND Miata looks so great, but I was so mad when they had to go with the angry headlights. WHYYY? It would've been beautiful all around if the headlights were subdued.

I have to say though, the interior in that car is fucking amazing. I test drove one a while ago, and dare I say, it was nicer than a lot of BMWs interiors.

I really like what Honda is doing at the moment. Lovable tail lights, sides look good and the front is really nice, too. Looking forward to this future shitbox.

Looks like a modern art masterpiece to me

>Looks so extremely overstyled it can give you cancer
>Loveable
How do I know you are 16?

Fuck, what is that?

MORE LINES AND CREASES
MAKE IT LOOK FUTURISTIC

name is literally in the filename you cuck

I'm actually digging the Mirai. It definately looks unique, if they toned down the bottom grill on the front just a little bit it would actually look nice.
No idea why they also want their lower end models to look like this though, they just look half-assed and bad.

A hydrogen cell powered car from Toyota.

whoops, my bad. don't use Veeky Forums very often lol

Fucking Toyota. I always thought Avalon is a good look underrated car. Granted not my cup of tea but it's very refined and dignified. Then they gave it a fucking REEEEEE angry face for 2016. What the fuck?

THINGS ARE BARELY BETTER THAN THE 90S
THE ONLY WAY I KNOW I AM IN THE FUTURE IS THE STYLING
I NEED THE STYLING

hahaha, Yup, that's what happens.

I never really paid attention to the Avalon, but you make a really good point.

It is a hydrogen hybrid. The idea being the hybrid system makes up for the lower energy density of hydrogen. It actually isn't a terrible idea.

Still, it will probably break or run out of fuel right before you get to your destination.

Wow, had no idea that thing even existed. I'm interested to read more about that hybrid system.

who fucking cares, theyre cars, appliances. You're a moron if you need it to be aesthetic. You're probably ugly and need to compensate on other things to ease your insecure ass

I think the Kia Optima looks pretty good. Car might be shit but at least it looks good.

>best looking car made in the last 40 years
>you know you would buy one just so bitches can see you in it

>I don't give a fuck about cars
Why are you on Veeky Forums? Go back to whatever shitty board you crawled out of.

Got a nice ass too.

It's not even a shit car

who fucking cares. There are retards here who buy fucking ugly miatas and really no one cares. Theyre appliances, deal with it you fucking nigger

>enjoys good design
>automatically ugly

Yup, logic checks out.

its kia so its automatically shit

Yeah I've never owned or driven one. Just guessing based on my experiences with early 2000s Kia's.

Damn, that thing does look pretty good. I was always impressed with the Optima.

Fuck off double nigger, go back to your shitty board.

The only bummer part is that the rear end looks exactly the same as the Sonata, and the new Audi A4... and probably a lot of others.

did I hit a nerve? Post picture of yourself and prove it wrong then? Until then, you're ugly and has no right to complain about aesthetics

Have you ever sat inside one or test driven one? There's cheap hallow plastic everywhere. Fit and finish are also all over the place. It absolutely does not have the interior or drive train to back up the solid look. I'm not saying they're complete shit but they have a long long way to go before they're considered competitive.

I will leave that up to your imagination my friend.

stop whining with this 1st world problems. We already have niggers and spics all over the place and all you care about is how cars look?

No I care about how you look, unless you are aesthetic, you are an appliance.

Opinions aren't for appliances.

shut up ugly, you dont have an opinion

Prove to me that you are aesthetic enough to have that opinion, post a picture of yourself.

im not the one who is judging cars because of looks. You're the one who needs to prove anything ugly

>my smile is gone for good

I think you may be on the wring board, my friend. /b/ is over there.

>basement NEET with no design experience, shoes purchased from the mall, and no artistic ability
>critiquing actual designers
wew lad

I am in love with mine.

The amount of bad taste in this thread amazing even for Veeky Forums standards.

I bet car designers would agree with you too. However they have been greatly hobbled by safety regulations of all sorts, to the point where all they can really build are boxes on wheels.

And something happened to the customer base too, past 2000 they've been going along with the trend, demanding more and more boxes on wheels, the only really differentiation being how big of a box on wheels they're buying.

It's whatever romantic light people had in their souls went out post 2000 and people have given up and are just going through the motions. It's only people in odd corners (like here) where people want more, want something that looks inspired and fuck the regulations, give me something that goes fast and looks good.

>alfas
>good looking
>ever

To be fair though, I like Lexus's new designs in person and a lot of my friends do as well. And no, I'm not Asian either.

agreed
they fucked it up even faster, with w204 angry facelift

I'm almost afraid to ask, but is this the new A5?

>
>>alfas
>>good looking
>>ever
pretty much this
they look unique to me, but uniquely bad
even renaults and peugeots have better designs
>>mfw sandniggers design shitty little cars that are more aesthetic than pastaniggers' designs

Nevermind, the filename says A7. Fuck

The forester.

This looks really outstanding. Although the interior isn't that great.

I actually kinda like the 2nd gen Aygo.

Pls don't hurt me

I don't often think cars look awful, but that looks awful.

I rather have an aztek

>It's whatever romantic light people had in their souls went out post 2000 and people have given up and are just going through the motions. It's only people in odd corners (like here) where people want more, want something that looks inspired and fuck the regulations, give me something that goes fast and looks good.
Living in this modern world is suffering. It's like everybody gave up and is just looking to entertain themselves a bit before they perish. Nobody believes in humanity anymore, least of all our art.

I actually like the styling of the latest Maxima

The body lines, profile and rear is damn good looking. It's just the fucking HUEUEUEUE face that ruins it.

Also when DRL is on it looks like the car is crossed eye, it's so fucking retarded looking and unintentionally hilarious.

What the fuck

?

The brand new one is actually pretty good. Looks the same as the previous generation, but it's waaaaay better to drive. They finally got the suspension right.

>Toyota
Kek

Skoda Superb

Looks better than the new A4

>nah I don't drive a car. I drive an appliance.

gtfo fagboi

Too bad the production car will never look like that.

These will probably change:
>Wheel design
>Side mirrors
>headlights
>minor front grill change

Can't avoid these small changes.

Most cars look either pigfat, or like fucking eggs (mostly those low displacement - small ones).

Anyway, while i think BMW's and Mercs after the 80's went shit design-wise i believe the 4-series looks great. The Mercedes-Benz C-class and SL look good too (although the C-class should have been a bit "slimmer"). The Alfa Romeo Giulia and 4c look amazing, really looking forward to a new coupe by Alfa. Other ones that i like are the Mazda 6, Honda Accord, Skoda Suberb, all Maseratis and most of the high-end sports cars are still good.

>Skoda
Made in Czechoslovakia, the trash can on the former Soviet states.

You are retarded. There is no Czechoslovakia anymore, they are 2 different countries. Also Skodas are VW owned, they use VW engines and basically offer exactly what VW offers for less money. They are pretty great on the EU market.

Man, I have no clue what the fuck Toyota and Lexus are doing with their new designs.

Especially Lexus. They all have aggressive fronts now, like...no.

Even my old, asian mom is triggered by this trend.

Chinese market.

People are dumb as fuck in China and only recognize a car by the shape of its grill. That is why Lexus and frankly all Japanese cars have gone full overtard with their styling.

This new Prius is weird. It doesn't match the current Toyota design language at all, and it somehow manages to look dated already. It must be because of the soft creases.

I find the new GT350R's incredibly beautiful.

They've also changed the 3 point star grill at the front grill into one big round sticker. Disappointing.

is that fucking civic matte white? You can fuck right the fuck off

mah nigga

i hate angryface biggrill but the newer lincolns arent too bad

Agreed. Eager to see what the GT500s are going to look like come 2018.

Call it slow, But I think its looks pretty damn good compared to the other stuff coming out of japan right now

The Noble M600 is really a nice car to look at, since it isn't trying to hard to be edgy (Lambo) or a bit dull (Ferrari, Maserati)

A camera is hidden there. It's actually kind of smartly done as most look like pic related.

Also, the camera is optional, or atleast was. I've seen new e-class (facelifted W212) taxis with the hollow badge. I don't know if that applies to all models though.

close enough

The appearance bits on the GT350R do a really nice job of rounding out the car's aggressive look.

Honestly, though, I think the s550 is really well-done to begin with. People tend to focus on the angry/squinty front end, but I think larger headlights would have looked dated at this point. They also made the right compromises in toning down Ford's design language to preserve the overall look of the car. (Compare this to, say, the current iteration of the Camaro...)

Plus the car's profile is much improved, in my opinion. flattening the hood line was long overdue, and that sloping tail end is sexy as fuck.

Don't forget the optional and incredibly tacky "Illuminated star" badge that every rich chink and new-money douchebag will happily pay extra for!

>Americans

Enjoy your generic insurance ad car

>you have to be amerifat to hate italian shit
They should just stick to making pasta. Old Germans are where it's at.
t. euroslav

arr rook same

germans have no imagination

the maxima before 2015 looked so much better

my dad had one, I miss it

S-class coupe or go home.