Ecoboost vs brz/frs

Ecoboost vs brz/frs

Which is faster?
More fun?
Better DD?

EcoBoost is faster, the BRZ probably looks a little better.

EcoBoost can get a lot faster for less, but BRZs look nicer at the end of a build.

They both are fine DDs.

there was a review somewhere (i think jalopnik) of the v6 mustang vs the BRZ, if i remember correctly the mustang did better in pretty much all categories but only slightly , and i also remember that the ecoboost is ever slightly superior to the V6 , so thats my 2 cents. but desu i dont know too much

Ecoboost if you want a dyno queen.

86 if you actually care about driving.

>implying the BRZ pulls more lateral-Gs

The Mustang is an excellent car OP, drive both and decide obviously.

>inb4 'Prius tires'

wonder what kind if skidz machine the ecoboob would be with prius tires?

Oh boy, here come the benchracers

>in spite of the Scion's massive deficit in power and grip, the drivers of the Mustang and 228i are doing everything they can just to keep up

>The 2.3-liter EcoBoost is fine on paper, but when you factor in real-world fuel economy (we saw 13 mpg overall, the worst of the bunch), you'd have to be insane not to buy the V-8,

Enjoy your 3550 pound 4cylinder car user.

What are you even citing?

I was only using fastest laps to give comparables. specifically the skid pad. I got no problem with the BRZ, but they aren't powerful and they are mostly quick once they get going.

The Mustang also has excellent handling and makes a ton of usable power, especially in daily situations.

Why would you put Prius tires on a Mustang?

why wouldn't you put prius tires on a mustang?

>13 mpg

There's literally no way that's true. I'm running a mountune package and tune on my ecoboost and even when I track it I get no less than 25 mpg. Whoever wrote that article is straight up lying and I suggest you look at a few more sources before taking their word as fact.

Ah, Road and Track, nice.

Here's a quote from the same article:
>"Although the Scion's engine is torqueless, noisy, and joyless, the seating position is stellar, the cowl is low, and the shifter is the best of the group by a large margin."

So I guess it depends on what you're looking for OP.

PRIUS TIRES
R
I
U
S

T
I
R
E
S

stop using this fucking website
everyone knows the times aren't verified and anyone can change them

What the fuck kind of question is this?
Mustang has more aftermarket
Mustang is more powerful
Mustang is more affordable

The handling might be good in the mustang, but it's far from excellent.

Everyone knows the 86's engine is anemic.

Ok, so there's your answer OP.

If you want an anemic, 'torqueless, joyless, and noisy' engine and excellent handling get the BRZ, if you want excellent usable power with good handling get the Mustang.

Autocar just pitted the V8 GT against the GT86/BRZ and said to go with the Jap option.

>excellent useable power
Nigga, a stock 2004 srt-4 is just as fast as a ecoboost.

Buy a ecoboost if you can't afford a v8, but still want to look fast

Of course if you're buying a Mustang you should get a slightly used GT, but OP was asking about this comparison directly not 'which Mustang do I get for $25,000?'

Mustang:
>you literally cannot turn

FRS/BRZ
>you actually can turn

I know it's hard, but you need to accept it's the current year already.

>you literally cannot turn
it turns great with the new rear axle

stop spouting 3 year old memes you retarded jap fanboy faggot

>buying an ecoboost and not immediately tuning it

So pleb.

sis question

can you tune a leased car

for hektik skids, no?

Why would you ever lease a car?

Sure you can, but you risk voiding the terms of your lease and the car warranty.

GT86 > ecoboost mustang
GT86 < V8 mustang

if you gonna buy s sports car with a little engine, buy one that's been built with small engine in mind, not one that's been built around a big one, and downgraded

also
>inb4 no such thing as voiding your warranty in America

Yeah I understand, but tuning your car effectively does this whether or not your dealership will still help you out when something goes wrong, the average dealership will deny your claim.

>Which is faster?

with proper tires, the 86 will probably be faster around any track. mustang will still always have the best quarter mile and 0-60 time, as if thats something you buy your car based on.

More fun?
Better DD?

i dunno lol, I'd go for the 86

in the rest of the world, the ecoboost mustang is like twice the price of a 86 too. and most of the ecoboost cars tested come with the trackpack, which would be even more expensive.

not op but
if you lived in a part of the world where the ecoboost was almost twice as expensive

58k over 38k in us bucks. would you still go for it over the 86?

I wouldn't buy either at those prices honestly, but I understand the Mustang has a much different connotation over seas that, as a burger, I just don't quite have a good understanding of.

you pay more for toyotas and some things are just out right banned right?

well i guess its a tradeoff really

The Mustang GT/v8 goes for $31,000 here, which is a little less than an entry level 3-series BMW.

fucking hell. other user here, but over here an entry 3 series is about 10k less than a mustang. buts thats more to do with the fact that the V8 mustang being about 40k eurobucks here

V6 Mustang > GT86

>Mustang: You really feel the car roll when you turn through a corner. Thebaƶance is good, but there's a lot of roll. Going from the Subaru and Scion to the Mustang is a big jump
>FR-S: Second gear allows me to pick understeer or oversteer. Light throttle is understeer; heavy throttle is oversteer. The balance allows me to choose the cornering attitude with the throttle, wich I really enjoy.

I guess that settles it.

Yes. The Prius tires are actually more expensive than good performance tires. They're fun tires but not fast tires.

its unacceptable now to have a "sporty / performance" minded car have under 200hp

>Specifically asks about the ecoboost mustang
>everyone comes in and starts chest thumping about the V6/8 Mustang instead

Like i said before, Mustang got a lot of body roll but it's actually faster and has higher lateral acceleration. You just need to upgrade the suspension.

>They're fun tires but not fast tires
>fun not fast

see, this is the point of the GT86, and is sort of missing the post with posting laptimes

Gt owner, with beefed up sway bars and lowering springs the thing corners pretty damn well, ecoboost with less weight up front I'm sure is even better. Vastly more predictable when the tail does step out compared to the 5th gen.

Fun and easy to DD, chicks dig it. Just buy a steeda clutch assist spring if you get a manual.

Did you removed yours? I have a 2011 and I'm having some troubles removing it by myself, does it make that much of a difference though?

He who shall be last shall be sideways and smiling.

The BRZ is a lot more fun to drive but if I could have one as a daily, I'd go with the Mustang. But for track and as a project car, BRZ.
BRZ is a lot more fun and agile on track even though it's acceleration isn't exactly neck snapping, it's more of a "drivers car" I suppose.

Night a day difference. I removed mine to start with then decided to try the steeda spring, it's like 35 lbs versus the stock 180something. It adds back a slight bit of smoothness full removal lacks.

guard is such a gorgeous color

idk what ford was thinking removing it for 2017

Thanks men, would try to remove it later, it really numbs the Clutch feel.

>Just buy a steeda clutch assist spring if you get a manual.

What? Just take the stupid thing off. Unless you have girl legs.

I know what you mean but I'm often stuck in 2 to 3 hours traffic and having to drive this car after a gym session is a bitch

E C O B O O S T
C
O
B
O
O
S
T

buy a miat

>Wants a moderately fast car that also attracts women.

>Buy a Miata

When is Ford going to make a performance package for the Mustang that includes the Fore GT's EcoBoost engine?

I guarantee that will sell.

I was about 4 cars from the front in that photo. Fukken good day. Always fun to catch up with Tada

So change them you useless sack of shit

But affordable platforms should come with $600ea tires, thats just common sense apparently

>real-world fuel economy (we saw 13 mpg overall, the worst of the bunch
holy fuck I literally drive like the biggest asshole, 80% city, and get 22-24

like, how. seriously how

they're both good, but I'd argue the Moostang is better for DD because it's more comfy, larger, has a nicer interior and a much larger trunk. You can also theoretically put people with no heads in the backseat.