Why don't you buy only German cars?

Why don't you buy only German cars?
They are simply better than every other car on this planet.

Other urls found in this thread:

bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?79896-Attention-ALL-E36-owners-beware-WIRING-PROBLEM
ecstuning.com/b-genuine-bmw-parts/trunk-harness-repair-kit/61128391788/
forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=664980
autoteile.de/en/product/V20-83-0004
e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807547
realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=WD93-USA-06-2009-E92-BMW-M3&diagId=61_2010#61129186185
bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=473039&d=1414671805
realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=NB91-EUR-05_2003_E60_BMW_M5&diagId=61_1761#61119167233
ecstuning.com/ES160015/
bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=333059&d=1342453415
bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1506992-Check-your-trunk-wiring-harness!-Potential-fire-hazard!
ecstuning.com/ES159403/
lmgtfy.com/?q=bmw trunk harness fraying
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Short answer:

Veeky Forums can't afford them

I drove the GT S and it felt so big for being a small car. It's not much larger than a 911 but feels super heavy and clunky. Like being in a tank more than a sports car. Too many buttons too, fuckin modes and buttons everywhere.

Wasn't for me. Sounded nice though.

>License plate light failure on 1997 M3 and central locking stopped working
>Open trunk, slit trunk harness boot
>This was hiding
>Apparently a common issue on ALL BMWs even happening on E90/92 3-Series
>Now have to spend $80 on a new trunk harness and spend 2-3 hours routing it in and soldering it together
>Car still has more rattles than a 1993 Chevy Corsica from the shit-tier door clips barely holding on my door card

""""""""GERMAN ENGINEERING""""""""

their complexity has become more of a liability than an asset

B-but I do!? I'm German and I've never owned a car that wasn't German. My mom has her 3rd Mercedes and my dad has owned a variety of Mercedes, VWs, Opels, Audis and soon his first BMW. You'd have to go back to the 60s to find a non-German car in my bloodline, which was my grandpa's Ford Taunus 15M, which was pretty much German aswell.

>buying Muhammeds used bimmer

because japanese cars are better and more reliable

>less reliable because it costs more to maintain
Are you unironically retarded?

But I do,,, I´m a Finn and I haven´t owned a non-german car in 2 decades(a citroen, a huge mistake). My Ford Sierra is up depate, but it rolled off the production line in Köln Germany so,,,
I´ve had a BMW, the huge mistake, the Ford, an another BMW and now I´m driving a Mercedes-Benz.

>costs more to mantain because you have to repair it more often and replace more parts

I don't see Porsche on here. As an owner of a number of them, I sort of doubt they wouldn't make this list.

No, because the parts are more expensive because they're of higher quality. I've never had a single part break on any of my cars. My dad had one turbo replaced on one of his cars, and he's been driving literally over a million kilometers in 5 different German cars over the past 2 decades. No mechanical failures, no electrical failures.

It depends on what you consider 'better'.

>higher quality
>have to spend more time and money fixing it

kek

But that's exactly how it works. Fixing something properly takes more time and money than ziptying it back together.

>wow I have to spend 80$ on fucked wiring for a 25 year old sports coupe german engineering is a meme

Because I'm a volvo fanboy.

Because o is mechanically inept and can't afford one

>wow i have to replace fucked wiring in the first place because bmw cant be fucked properly engineering their cars so it still happens on 5 year old cars to this day

never seen this issue on a 25 y/o lexus

>never seen this issue on a 25 y/o lexus
Never seen this issue on a 25 y/o BMW

Never seen such issue on any 2005+ BMW.
Either i'm very lucky or it's not that common of a problem, and keeping in mind that my life practically rotates around german cars (especially bimmers) i'd say its the latter

You're bitching about having to spend time and money on fixing a car from the 90s? It's 2016, and you bought a used vehicle from 97 that youre complaning about having to fix... let that sink in

because I am german

I drive 2 e46's and the only thing they've needed are brakes, control arms, and water pumps. Sorry to hear that you drive a lexus though

or you could buy something that doesn't need to be fixed in the first place i.e not a german shitbox

pic related: only good mercedes car.

>2 bmws
for when one evntually fails ight, kek

>gypsy

opinion discarded

I drive an E65 diesel and all it needs is a new parking sensor module
Which I actually bought but i'm too lazy to replace because idgaf

> poorfag
Implying you have an opinion

>not poor
>not a gypsy

kek, stay mad

>Why don't you buy only German cars?
Because everyone, including the faggots on this board and in this thread, that own German cars are insufferable faggots, more so than any Mustang or Camaro owner and especially more than any Hondafag I've ever met, they have this unearned air of superiority just because the vehicle they drive was designed by Klaus in his cuckshed while Mohammed's impregnating his wife and they actually believe the meme that German cars are the best engineered when they're not, their simply over-engineered and because of this have more points of failure than any Japanese or even American car out there

Whatever you say slowfaggot

>gs400guy
>gypsy
What?

I'm Slavic so I guess that makes me a gypsy
Like you're all American so you must be niggers, right?

You're misunderstanding completely. Properly maintained German cars don't break. At least not nearly as often as you're trying to make it look.

Replacing worn brakes and bearings isn't """fixing""" a """"broken"""" car.

they actually are objecively the best engineered vehicles
no american or japanese car is "better"
very good but not "better" than the best Germany has to offer

Thank for proving my point namefag

>kurbs his car at 5mph
>thinks he can call anyone a slowfag

double kek

>actually believe the meme that German cars are the best engineered when they're not
>their simply over-engineered
>more points of failure than any Japanese or even American car

i agree with you OP, and i have.
first car to most recent car
>mk4 golf 1.2L
>mk5 GTI
>bmw 1 series m sport
>benz a class amg

If it wasn't a common problem BMW wouldn't make repair harnesses for all of them that splice into the main body harness. What's actually happening is that no one's actually checking, its in a sleeve you have to cut open to check. It happens on ALL BMWs.

E36:

bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?79896-Attention-ALL-E36-owners-beware-WIRING-PROBLEM
ecstuning.com/b-genuine-bmw-parts/trunk-harness-repair-kit/61128391788/

E46:
forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=664980
autoteile.de/en/product/V20-83-0004

E90/92:
e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807547
realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=WD93-USA-06-2009-E92-BMW-M3&diagId=61_2010#61129186185

E60:

bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=473039&d=1414671805
realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=NB91-EUR-05_2003_E60_BMW_M5&diagId=61_1761#61119167233

E39:

ecstuning.com/ES160015/
bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=333059&d=1342453415

E34:

bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1506992-Check-your-trunk-wiring-harness!-Potential-fire-hazard!
ecstuning.com/ES159403/

Because one is a wagon for a DD and the other is a boosted 330 for fun

there is a difference between replacing wearable items and having to fix planned obsolescence

by law all german cars must have biodegradable plastics, which means that you will have to eventually replace all kinds of seals even if you keep uo with the maintenance schedule

>there is a difference between replacing wearable items and having to fix planned obsolescence
There's not.

>im retarded

ok

Who are you quoting?

2013 GTI and 2013 911 in my driveway, kindly fuck right off. Veeky Forums is fucking loaded.

this guy

>All BMWs
>No E21/E24/E30/E31/E32/E38/E53/E61/E63/E64/E65/E66/E70/E71/E82/E83/E84/E85/E87E89/E91/E93
No F series
No G series
Not all BMWs.

And you forget their copious use of the shittiest possible biodegradable plastic in places it doesn't belong:

>Seat Gears
>Water Pump Impellers
>Balljoints (yes, not joking, in the cups of all E30/36/46s)
>Oil Pans
>Clutch Fork Pivots
>Timing Chain Guides
>Belt Tensioners (inc. Timing Belts)
>Clutch Master Cylinders

Help me out if I'm missing anything.

Actually it's only common on the E60/61. He's had one BMW and cries "ALL OF THEM HAVE THE PROBLEM"

And it happens on E39s
And E36s
And E46s
And E90/92s

You're just sticking your head in the sand and pretending it doesn't exist. If I were you, I'd cut the boot open on your BMW (because you inevitably sound like a fanboy) and check before your car sets itself on fire.

lmgtfy.com/?q=bmw trunk harness fraying

Fanboy my ass, I've never had a BMW. A quick google search didn't show much for any model besides the E60/61.

I've actually owned 6 bimmers (3 e36s, 2e46s, 1 e65) and none of them had any boot wiring issues
I do have seen one E36 with the problem irl though

ITT:

Poor people with Google think they know more than actual owners
>b-but the memes

assmad german car owner detected

>NEET detected
Get a job

>if you aren't a retard spending money fixing an unreliable money pit you are a NEET

loving every laugh

>unreliable
Nice meme post
>spending money
It's nice having a job. You should look into it

>mfw im a actual owner

i've been hit with every single google problem there is

name a e36 problem i think i've had every one except vanos failure and oil pump nuts coming off

these cars aren't worth owning unless you get the model that's the absolute best in their class (porsche 911/bmw m3/bmw m5) otherwise there's probably some american or japanese competitor that'll perform better more reliably.

check anyways, first symptoms for me were erratic locks (wouldn't lock all the time or stopped working) then license plate light failure in obc

best case you rewrap the boot in electrical tape worst case you spend $80 on a new harness

german reporting in

Thats my Audi, 8 years old and only issue until today was one rusty bolt.

>but but toyo... my to... but my toyota can do da same!!11!1!

>I bought a beat to shit 20 year old lemon
>everyone else must be having the same problems

>Balljoints (yes, not joking, in the cups of all E30/36/46s)

I didn`t even imagine they pulled this shit even back then?

Then again
>2016
>still supporting German economy

no, they can go fuck themselves.

My Opel Astra is just over 9 years old, never had a problem with it. It just runs like a swiss clockwork.

Pic related is the LCA from a E36 M3. Original BMW joints use plastic/nylon cups.

>BMW sells repair harnesses for 20 years worth of cars along with other smaller aftermarket companies to address issue
>Multiple complaints on forums including a 35+ page thread where others have the same issue
>NHTSA complaints on the same issue
>Still blames owner

See? BMW Fanboys are delusional. If it was a Honda everyone would blame the car.

>"I've had every issue imaginable"
>reverts back to wiring harnesses to support every mechanical issue he's had
You aren't very bright are you?

Suspension components are wear items. There is a reason service is prescribed at regular intervals.

Dude, those are supposed to wear out, and they're supposed to be replaced around 100k miles. This isn't an issue, it's called standard maintenance. You strike me as someone who thinks you can change the oil and drive a vehicle to 400k

>Suspension components are wear items.
>service is prescribed at regular intervals.
>on suspension components

Last time I just had an annual checkup without having to change a thing. Is my suspension now going to collapse catastrophically because I didn`t change every single thing?

we have the same car.
how do you like yours ?
which version did you get ?

>at regular intervals
Not every single checkup.

>doesn't understand how suspension works
It won't collapse, but it will ride like shit when the ball joints and control arm bushings wear out. It will also put more stress on the rest of your suspension, causing it to wear out faster as well.

god why cant they bring that to the states instead of that cla abomination

You change out suspension parts when they are actually worn and not "just cause the manual told me so". Suspension parts wear at different intervals depending on where and how you drive.

Its easy to know when your suspension is fucked there is literally no point in changing out parts when everything works fine. Its not like changing oil.

But I have one myself.

2004 S600

DAT V12 power.

>Cars that literally start falling apart after 5 years
German engineering is garbage

>>Cars that literally start falling apart after 5 years
>today on things that never happened

Finn bro!

I have owned one Ford, two Peugeot, one MB, two BMW and now i'm driving this machine in picture.

Only german cars for me from now on.

how's the valvetronic and vanoses on the 4.4 liter?
I'm looking at some E65 745i's but I read the engines tend to be poorly upkept with fucked vanoses

im enjoying it but i wish i went for the a250.
sadly went with the a200 since i live in london and its just traffic, but the gear box is a little meh. when i stick it in sport mode im usually using the paddles instead of letting it shift, still doesnt shift as fast as i would like.
im going to remap it soonish, only got 1000 miles on it so far so i'll wait a bit.
not a fan of the CLA? i was going to get one to mach my cousins.
its got a much more responsive gear box

They're using up too much gas since the 1930s.

what a terrible thread im gonna call out my sage

I want a GTI, but my job dictates that I own a truck. I *could* use the GTI, but I'd be afraid of ruining it, and it would get ruined. Besides, the slowly blooming old man in me is intrigued by the new Ford Fusion Sport.

Sucks being in construction, but the money is good.

>the slowly blooming old man in me is intrigued by the new Ford Fusion Sport
I hope someone shoots me before I reach the age where I'm interested in cars where "sport" means enough space in the boot for my golf kit.

Hows the 911?
I am thinking about buying a 2013 cabriolet used for around 65k and has 30k miles plus packages.
Any advice and tips?

>muh incidental shit with old cars