Now that Chevy has been well and truly BTFO by #ecoboost

Now that Chevy has been well and truly BTFO by #ecoboost
Will we finally see a mid-engined Corvette?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C4jk51rgfts
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, because the corvette isn't a super car like the gt.

No.

that back end is sexy as fuck

you clearly don't understand what happened leading up to the race

sanctioning body got what they wanted though

No. The mid engined car will be a Cadillac.

>pushrods

bumperaoo

Never.

The Corvette is a 'sports car' and not a 'supercar'. It's also a 'budget' car, so anything fancy like that won't make the cut.
It is literally a V8 engine and the best suspension they can get with their primitive technology, clad in vacuum-formed plastic.
A wonderfully American idea. I want one, if only so I can throw it around an empty runway. They look so much fun to drive.
And if I was rich enough to own a runway, I could just treat them as disposable anyway, and pay someone to follow me around in a van packed with fresh rear wheels and fuel cans.

>ferrari lost to a ford tarus
MY SIDES ARE ENTERING ORBIT!!

>not having a 2500 gallon fueler follow you around with a 20 foot 10000 lb trailer full of tires

why does moving the engine behind the driver automatically make it a 'supercar'?

2018 Detroit auto show get hype
Spy shots and leaks should roll in about a year from now

Because it's sure as hell not a 'budget sports car', and you don't generally find non-supercars that are mid-engined.
The obvious exception is Lotus, but they save money by skimping on car.

I have no idea

youtube.com/watch?v=C4jk51rgfts

>inb4 chevy creates a mid engine corvette
>gets canceled
Anytime chevy promises something, they never deliver.

>mid-engined American
MY FUCKING DICK

They should bring back the Corvair.

UNSAFE AT ANY

SPEED
P
E
E
D

fuck ralph nader

The Corvette has had a midship engine since the 2nd generation retard. What you want is a midship rear engine vehicle.

Blame GM not Chevy. Any time one of the brands wants to make something that isn't a parts sharing economy car GM will kill it.

Ferrari Italy lost to Ferrari America which lost to Canada.

no, the next iteration of the 'vette will have a 125 hp v12 with 9 [nine] turbo chargers on a crane mounted 3 feet from the hood of the car, will have a total of ~ 400 bhp, and will have a curb weight of 11,475lbs