Anybody buy auction cars to supplement income?

Anybody buy auction cars to supplement income?

>buy 5 cars for $1000 each at insurance auto auction
>repair costs $1000 for each
>sell each on craigslist for $6000-$8000
>do every week
>do in multiple cities, in multiple auctions

Ive personally bought two cars from auction, $800 total for both, spent $500 in repairs, drove both around for nearly a year, sold both for $2000 each. Really is brainless.

is this pic real!??!,,,,.....

I used to buy cars with blown transmissions and then get a rebuild kit for $125 and fix them up and sell them. I'd make $500-$1000 off each one. Down side was it takes a solid 16 hours to drop and then install a transmission or transaxle. And about a day to rebuild it.

so as jobs go it wasn't really that lucrative on a per-hour basis. Also not real steady work, it's difficult to keep a steady stream of cheap cars with blown transmissions coming in.

might be fun for someone on a fixed income though.

Get weather damaged vehicles. Hail damage is a dream.

You dont use copart?

Don't you need a dealers license

how do you fix that? just fill the dents with bondo? New panels? skins?

Plungers

Just pop the dents are sell as is, the fucking cars are so cheap it hardly matters if you repair them
No, most auctions are public
No, but I own shares.

#
Just pop the dents or sell as is, the fucking cars are so cheap it hardly matters if you repair them
No, most auctions are public
#
No, but I own shares.

Sorry, I fucked this post up. Had to re type.

Yes, bought this for £540 yesterday, needs about 150 spent on it, hope to sell form£ 1000

My cousin did this. You really wanna make some bank user? Do exactly this. In whatever order u chose.

>get dealer's liscense.
Now u can pretty much buy any cars u want and drive them. BONUS. Your personal vehicles are now a tax write off if u have a for sale sign on them or change it up. Keeping it for sell for 3 billion intentionally not selling is tax evasion. But with a dealer tag and proper insurance u can play musical cars as long as u do business in it and register it comercial.
>in my state u need at least a gravel lot and public restroom and office.
>get a good 3/4 ton and a car trailer.
Bonus points for dually and big 3 car hauler trailer.
>find a descent mechanic buddy.
This will save u tons on mechanic costs. They can do the mayjor shit at the shop but how hard is it to change a dash panel really?

>step (whatever #) keep doing what u are already doing.

Profit.

U think u getting good deals now? Go to a dealer only auction and just be a spectator. Watch what shit goes for.

Be aware scammers will put sawdust in trannys that won't shift and some of them will have cracked heads and shit, but if u buy right and budget for this you can make a killing. I live 2 hours any direction from said options and dont have the time. Or I would be doing exactly this. But what you are doing smokes any sort of part time job.

Keep it up buddy. We will call you "CertifiedPreownedAnon" soon!

BUTTHURT POORFAG LI ERAL SPOTTED. /pol is this way >>>>>>>>

>buy dually
>buy 2or3 car, car holler trailer
>search daily for storms and hail damage
>contact all affected car lots/cl'?/fb etc.
>Line up a shit ton to look at.
>call insurance companies
>drive around affected area trying to buy cars.
>be symoathetic as some of these people are upset..
>if lying doesnt bother u just say u came to get a cl car and got scammed or it didnt work, and u didnt wanna go home emoty handed.
>make u not seem like a cock taking advantage of a bad situation.
Wich, i mean, you are i guess but so what. People dont list a fucked up car on cl and get picky about who buys it...
>call paintless dent romoval.

Profit.

After a little wikipedia this is EXACTLY what i need to import asian cars with the steering wheel on the wrong side and sell to faggot ricers at a premium. Holy fuck user thank you for this!

Nice user. Pretty much any car with no major mechanical issue or body damage is worth $1,000. Bonus points if you start taking payments with small interest but dont let them have title or car. Just run of the mill written contract.

I do this. 90% of people are cocks and will buy on payments and get behind or never pay. Dont let them fuck u. But u can make even more with interest layments and added sells. Even better. Charge late fees and if they get like 30 or 60 days late resell and keep their money. Just have a competent lawyer look it over and u good.

Pic painfully related and forgotton.
>my dual exhaust...

FUCKING KEK!

>sawdust in trannys
wat

How do you get the car back? Do the cops get it or you just make an extra key and get it in th middle of the night? What if they park it in a garage or at a friend's house and you can't get it?

Bought a truck that had sawdust in tranny, I was pissed.

sounds like a weird fetish

Yeah. Lol, if trans slipps add sawdust. Dont understand the physics, but most all the time it will act fine for 50 miles and die.

Its kinda shady practice in all states. Any of the above really. When i repoed we would sneak in with a chain and drag peoples shit out in the street. Cops show up and, with the lroper paper work, if you have a hook on it, it is yours.

>drag marks to the road
>cops say "i wasnt here i didnt see it."

As long as u in good with the cops and u hook a car and suck the cable tight enough nobody can undo it, and you arent on private property they cant do shit.

No adays u can plug and play a computer to it. If they late u can send a signal and the car reduces speed to 5mph until u turn the key off. Then it wont start. This lets people get out of traffic safe and 99% of the time people are fucking stupid. Pull over, try to shit it off and start it again.

>muhgps.jpg

Grab a chain or trailer and go get your shit.

I still to this day sell cars and shit on cl and sneak a picture of who bought it, their tag, and keep a set of keys in case i get fake bills or what they traded was a lie. Like if they say they have a good running truck and i fire it up and it's blown. I'll track them down and get my shit back. Leave a note on theirs saying they have 30 days to get it off my property or it's mine.

If you think the guy u sold the car to is bat shit crazy you can call a tow company or report it stolen to the cops and they'll call you to "come verify the vin number."

>i.e. come get your shit after we leave user.

I would enjoy taking someone like you to court.

Y'all are doing it wrong...
The point to making money is you buy at the lowest price possible. And then you sell it and sell it and make good money. You ever in Cali. I know all about cars. I can even help you savesome cash if you want to register your vechicle... I can even make any car mine if i wanted to if it was paid off. I know all the tricks of the trade

Dude, shakotan/kyusha is the jam I love those cars.

Depends on state/province, some auctions are dealer only