/twg/ - Total War General

tomb kangz when edition

>The Grim and the Grave
youtube.com/watch?v=1yI1LVCGNpc
store.steampowered.com/app/404013/

>Call of the Beastmen
store.steampowered.com/app/404012/
gamesdeal.com/total-war-warhammer-call-of-the-beastmen-dlc.html (Cheaper)

>Patch notes
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_2

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer Mods
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>IS CALL OF THE BEASTMEN WORTH BUYING?
The Beastmen are a cool faction but the pack is a bit overpriced for what you get. There probably won't be a price drop for some time, so if you really like the Beastmen then go ahead, otherwise wait it out.

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure not garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

The gay thread

IF OUR DAIMYO IS TO BECOME SHOGUN

what is /twg/ drinking tonight

>pic
Kislev confirmed

>Tomb Kangz still not announced

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

Post yfw next dlc will be NOT wood sex

Genevieve Dieudonné legendary hero when?

HAHAHHA here we GO again, another round of stale memes and shitposting.
another round of tomb kangz,meme rats, meme goblins, le ebin vlad, and etcetera.

I'm fucking tired of this general, you autists are the absolute bane of this board, holy shit I would stomp every single one of you meme spouting neckbeards in a second with my bare hands.
For the love of god stop posting these memes, I'm tired, I just want to discuss Total War and not have to scroll trough a wall of memes.
Enough is enough.

What happened last thread? I left for a while.

Just meme things

women are inferior to men.

/gsg/ is WAY worse

nothing

reminder to report and ignore shitposting is just an ebin /gsg/ meme and those underage faggots are spreading their shit here

AAAAAAAAAAH!!!
Every FUCKING day with these STUPID fucking MEMES! I've had it up to HERE with stupid fucking memes! You guys make me want to KILL MYSELF! Is that what you fucking want? For me to fucking KILL MYSELF and write on my suicide note "Cause of suicide: Couldn't handle all of the stupid fucking memes, killed myself"? Because that's what it might as well fucking say!
You guys are literally, L I T E R A L L Y incapable of having even the SIMPLEST of fucking discussion without "MEME THIS, MEME THAT, PROBABLY PONTUS, HERE'S A POORLY SHOPPED PIC OF EPIC FAIL ANTIOCHUS FUCKING UP, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EBIN AMIRITE?" Fucking STOP IT you pathetic fucking FAGGOTS, you are such fucking cancer that I cannot even fathom how you fucking scumbags live your dumb gay lives. Don't you have a job to get to, schoolwork to finish or a family to attend to? Do you literally do ANYTHING productive with your lives other than post stupid fucking memes? You fucking people make me sick and you're damn lucky I don't have any of your fucking addresses you fucking pieces of shits. I'd spit in your faces.

Men are inferior to women.

this is a copypasta from /gsg/ replaced with things /twg/ related

humans are inferior to gods

Explain this.

CA - If you want my money then listen here.
Now that i have your attention for this second lets not dilly dally.

More content = more profit is the line of thought. Start out with a skeleton of a game then add stuff through DLC. Totally legitmate way of earning money.

But here is the thing - not all of us are stupid as US people. They might happily give you money but us europeans are of another sort.

If I am to buy one more DLC for this game you better give more units and heroes and utilities than that. And for only Humans and Vamps - CA plz go home you are drunk.
-More units for dwarfes, orc and chaos faction. ( as the modding community has already done more than you in regards to unit upgrades so if you want me to buy than out shine the unpaid modders).
-Expand world map (lore friendly if possible)
- More spells if lore friendly - respect your universe g33ks(even if its not my own).

And people check out the workshops and other modding platforms for the same crap CA is about to make you pay for. Dont be stupid when you can stay cheap :D

Did this come from reddit?

Steam forums.

Reminder that encouraging people to report is a bannable offense.

Jack Daniels & Vodka
no pic cuz broke the shitty lens on my phone

Supposed to go to a party but now I just want to start a new Shogun campaign

anyone have the roll chart thing for it?

Water, Coffee and Fanta :^)

I don't have any alcohol at the moment.

I gotcha bro

Empire braggarts, you hate the French
And their snail-sucking, frog-cooking garlic stench
As for your dreadnoughts, wave them goodbye
I'll make your navy into gravy for sauerkraut pie
Gonna send my thugs through Belgium into France
Nothing can stop this Teutonic advance
Germany will rise again like the past
A glorious empire built to last
Let me tell you, this ain't no mystery
Wilhelm the Great will go down in history!

Someone save this pasta for latter.

>CA should do all the things they already announced they'd do, but it's my idea and I'm saving them!

The fuck?

Wilhelm the Great? More like Billy no mates
Your ideas are absurd, we gave Belgium our word
We've got no choice if you won't behave
Our poor old grandma must be spinning in her grave

cheers

Welcome to the steam forums.

it's awful.

fuck off back to your containment thread

>6k players
ded game

ded thred

37th for him

So /twg/ how's your games been going? Just finished my Beastmen Long Campaign, ended up being a bit of a race between me and Chaos to get the last settlements for the 50 settlements razed objective.

This has got me super tempted to re-install Shogun 2 now

eric
/gsg/, /mbg/ and /twg/ are brothers

do it

it's a solid ass game

>not having Shogun 2 installed at all times

It's simply too fun to not have on hand m8. The campaign is solid even if newer releases make the deficiencies obvious but the battles are still top notch.

And its easily the most cinematic TW game.

Just finished a campaign as the Huns

Declared war on the world and half a dozen African factions sailed across the Mediterranean and chased me across Europe

Definitely prefer playing as a settled faction

How does accusation even work? It doesn't seem like it does any damage.

Any resources out there that can help me learn what each unit is best used for? For total warhammer

I had a similar thing happen to me as the visigoths.

>Chill around the balkans until the ERE showed up with 4 full stacks to fuck my shit up
>Decide it's time to head west
>Fight the remenants of the WRE here and there, chill in Italy, drink wine and fuck bitches
>Notice that to the north the Saxons and the Langobards have pretty much consolidated all of Western Europe to create a huge barbar alliance
>9 Factions declare war on me at the same time
>Decide to position my armies close to the alps to funnel any attackers, pick off a couple of armies
>Then they get serious; 8 full stacks descend upon me
>Use all of my gold to buy a treaty with the huns and fucking run all the way to the steppes with 4 stacks chasing me the entire way
>Start circling around the forests to the north of Dacia, splitting up their armies then taking them down one by one.
>Finally crush the fourth army and send them packing
>Feelsgoodman.jpg
>Like 15 turns later, 6 stacks of fucking Saxons come creeping into view half way across the fucking world and miles away from their territory

They really hated me for some reason.

Do it

just don't play rise of the samurai

how did that even happen

Rome 2 was released in 2013. Attila was announced in 2014 and released early 2015. This means that We will have a New total war game late 2017 if we are really lucky.

Attila was good.

A new Total Warhammer game.

fuck off

Cry more, bitch.

>Neutral army in province
>It's raiding but if I attack I declare war
Am I missing something here?

No? Armies raid. Either go to war over it or don't.

Often just moving an army close by is enough to scare them off with the threat of force.

That's my favorite meme tbqh (to be quite honest)

talex

What is this meme, people keep doing that here now. New /int/ meme?

t, reed

This isn't Civ, mate. Sending and army into foreign territory or raiding doesn't equate automatic war.

it's a /gsg/ meme

Alex Grandi is a brazilian modder on their general

desu Raiding really should equate to breaking NAPs and Alliances for the purposes of trustworthiness.

Probably gonna be Medieval 3, i'd kill for a good late medieval/Renaissance game though. I want my long pikes and bardiches, the clash between knights in plate and the early adoption of gunpowder.

>italian kingdoms
>big mixed unit rosters
>tons of religious wars and rebellions
>big HRE
>could have large map stretching from Europe to Asia covering a vast array of cultures
>awesome as fuck naval battles as big guns start to become a thing on vessels

>Probably gonna be Medieval 3
Confirmed not the case.

It would be shit and you know it

It would be fucking awesome if they did it right, it'd just be like medieval 2 late game battles where you start to get all the crazy interesting units and experimental gunpowder weapons. I'd also be fine with a medieval asian game

Vlad was weak!

>if they did it right

Dont make me cry I wont get my ideal total war game ;-;

yawnnnnnnnn

Is there anything in the real world that can defeat a Grimgor Ironhide?

I'd give one of the larger dinosaurs a fair chance. Allosaurus, was it? Or there's probably some even bigger.

What's boring about it? It's the time period where you still have places like Wales, aragon, lombardy etc holding onto independence. You also have some massive wars like the Hussite Wars, Ottoman incursion into the Balkans and the 100 years war between croatia and the turks, League of Cambrai which was a fucking mess and you cant forget in the 1600s there was the 30 years war which was one of the most destructive conflicts in european history. You also got a time period that could take place just after the peak of the mongols so you'd have all their successor kingdoms in the east and you'd have the early starts of european colonization.

I will be dead in late 2017

Please enjoy the new total war for my sake

He is a pretty good modder.
t. Grucia

jesus christ he got blown out so fucking hard.

reed got blown out more

i think thats who hes referring to lad

fuck off back to your containment general nobody gives a shit about your retarded drama "LE COBRA ALEX XD"

fuck off

t. reed

t. Grucia
what happened to reed?
wasn't he underage

he got doxxed and deleted his shitposting steamgroup radical yugoslavia

fuck off back to your containment general

treed

t.reed

so thats where the radical bronyslavia memes comes from.

Usually after a new game gets released the next title is a standalone addon for this game. If they continue with this they will announce a new part of Warhammer. The next really new title would be announced in 2 years.
although this could change since they have two separate teams working on 2 different total war games.

So any mods /twg/ is working on?

I am making a mod that lets barracks increase the movement speed of units in the province.

Do you guys have any experience with creating new effects?

Treed

>Regen
>Regen
>Movement speed
Boy can't wait to chase this fuck around the entire battle map for 20 minutes.

Good thing the AI always sends its leaders charging suicidally head first into your lines.

Is there any confirmation on weather or not the AI will field RoR units even if you haven't bought the DLC?

Don't know about RoR but they will use the new DLC units so there's a good chance they'll do RoR as well.

barbar nato is always pretty strong
but yeah, AI seems to chase horde stacks until forever

are regiments of renown for multiplayuer?

You would stomp us with your hands?

>No vanguard deployment.
Wtf CA

>tfw gave barracks a 20% province wide campaign movement boost
bueno

why is he siege attacker?
Too ugly?

That's a campaign specific ability. I believe that's outlined on the GC screen.

Unless >vlad is multi only

When dark elves come out im going to pretend one of my witch lords has a girl love harem!