/agdg/ - Amateur Game Dev General

nobody else was doing it edition

>Next Demo Day (X)
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-10

>Next Game Jam (Lewd -- Blueboard rules still apply)
itch.io/jam/lewd-jam-2016

>Lewd Jam Collabs
docs.google.com/document/d/1K9wlzcJntyOCV3KLvRcvllZ2ZUnGgrDtiwPdMLlw5XQ/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Sm0Pxz0uq-62L46TdXmKisynbhLI_by-pLNlcgo4B8M/edit?usp=sharing

Helpful Links: tools.aggydaggy.com/# (Still in beta)
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg/
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627

>Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/X6fLvtzA

>Previous Jams
pastebin.com/qRHNpCbZ

>Chats
discord.gg/chquY2e
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgamedevcrew
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=vidyadev

>Engines
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org/
Haxe: haxeflixel.com/
LÖVE: love2d.org/
UE4: unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4
Unity: unity3d.com/

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org/
blender-models.com/
mayang.com/textures/

> Free audio
machinimasound.com/
freesound.org/browse/
incompetech.com/music/
freemusicarchive.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XpJEg6MTPzc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just be the gender God intended you to be. Transsexuallism is a disease.

>still linking the lewdjam

what if i identify with a poached egg

>still salting

did you just assume my gender?

You can't stop me!

>mad that people don't like reddit's jam

>playing DooM fully maxed 1440p with consistent 60 FPS on Vulkan
woah...so this is the power of new graphics APIs...

ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahhahaahahhahahahhahahah

Your entire system is garbage and it has to be rewritten entirely.

Going to be a long night.

>Veeky Forums is a cesspool of misogynistic nazis who hate degenerates
>Veeky Forums is a cesspool of degenerate sissy homofags who wear women's clothes

Make up your mind already.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/reddit/

There's nothing wrong with wearing woman's clothes, being homosexual, or being feminine.

re-added the pole targets.

gonna take a break

theres nothing wrong with rubbing your shaft against a fuzzy dog too right?

Dogs cannot consent.

Neither can clothing

Yes they can, unless you mean verbal consent

my boss fight is too easy

just give the boss more health and damage

This really is some next-level shitposting, pretending like clothing has any type of conscious thought.
When did you get to this point user?

So why are mixels a bad thing?

Are they still bad if only the GUI uses them?

If it's easy for you as the creator, it will be moderately difficult for someone going in blind

Anyone got any characters you'd like to see in an AGDG character pack for TUSSLE?

agdg will flip a shit everytime

the average consumer might think its "retro" and "cool" and "innovative"

Because pixel art is mimicing systems where mixels are not possible since there is no upscaling?

Because they are ugly as fuck
There are no acceptable/tolerable uses of mixels unless it's in a figure meant to demonstrate how ugly they are

Motavio and Dark Motavio

what if i have the player click on youtube links for bgm

any lawyer here

MMBNclone
Does tussle support 3d modelse?

Club from Trigger Spree (Mp FPS)

It does not currently, although I'm looking into some OpenGL stuff to allow it in the future. Also hoping it'll speed up the game's rendering by making it less CPU intsensive and more GPU integrated.

misaligned always look bad
mixels has it's ups and downs, depending on whether it's stylized and/or intentional or accidental and lazy

what's wrong with rixels? pixel perfect rotation almost never looks good

still working on my waifu.

I decided that I didn't like making things that involved reasonable coding tasks

You said something about needing a UI and particle effects in the other thread? Do you have anything ideas?

I've got some design descriptions, but I'm not good enough to pull it off. Stuff like puffs of dust for dashes and landings, hit trails for powerful launches, and character select screen windows and borders and such.

Are you offering to help? I could gather up a document if you'd like.

who ludum dare here?

I'm not a good enough idea guy for ludum dare

Finally figured out a good idea for a simple game, so slowly but surly... Man do I suck at art, hopefully my gameplay will compensate.

Clarent
Vampire waifu
Skull from skullchainz

what's the dare this time?

do a tribal dating sim

>Skull from skullchainz
That was posted like twice, hardly an agdg character

ancient technology

I can't promise anything, but I'll try.

Do you batch even rotated meshes together, or just ones that face the same direction?

Specifying a 4x4 matrix per instance is pretty cheap.

You want an invite to the Slack channel? I'm about to go to bed but I can get you some stuff to work on tomorrow.

Sure, do I have to make an account?

Just an email address. Send an email to [email protected] and I'll add you.

Does anyone know if there is a way to iterate through a table in lua but stop at the first matching value?

Like if I have a table of 100,000 indexes. How can I check each index one by one to see if table.value == true? So if the 5th index has a value that equals true it stops there instead of iterating through the entire table.

What you are looking for is a break statement.. something like

if (your condition) then break end
I assume that you want the loop to stop when playing is false. In that case replace

while playing do

end
with

while playing do

if table.Count(Players) < 2
then
break
end
end
The moment the break statement is executed (i.e the moment there are less then two players) the while loop will exit. You should only have to put this if statement in your loop once. Probably at the end of your loop. I can't say for sure because I don't know what you are trying to do.

I don't know LUA, but I'm sure some sort of "break" statement exists. Give that a try.

you, your underlings, your boss

my own clones sweet

I did not anticipate it to work like this but I think it's pretty interesting.

Alright, I shot you an email.

tfw all i can do is a text based console game or a point&clic with sdl2

>made for demo day 9
>dev made a lot of progress posts while working on it
>he posted feedback on other dev's games.
>hardly an agdg character

What is happening?

And I've sent you your invite.

I felt like jewish slaves would be in poor taste.
and it's easier.

freedom

It's Bomberman.

I like the idea of each dev making their own character for this. It would probably end being really clashing, but each character having their own different styles could look pretty good.

I will never understand this. I've made many characters before but I could never create my own waifu. A waifu is someone you find, created by someone else. Your own creation can't be your waifu, user. What you created is not a waifu, but your daughteru. You can't waifu your own daughter.

daughteru then.
she is supposed to be the waifu for the players.

I got the main menu working yesterday. Today I think I will try to start on the party creator for new game.

Also I need free music for the main menu if anyone has suggestions.

What kind of music

This. God has never impregnated his own creation...I'm jewish so I don't believe Jesus was our messiah or the son of God.

probably soft almost ambient guitar. or generic "MMO main menu screen" music.

thinking something like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=XpJEg6MTPzc

Honestly, the point of TUSSLE is to be a big hodgepodge of bullshit characters. You want a balanced game, go play a real video game. This is a game where Sans and Garnet can team up against Spelunky and Dickbutt. Making tons of clashing characters is the fun of the game.

Also I'm considering Saltybets integration for maximum bullshit fun.

you are making me reconsider making the underlings into jewish slaves.

Thanks.

I have a pool of bullets and I wanted to check for the first bullet that active = false and then return the index.

I can now use that index to fill it with bullet information and then make it active. The break works perfectly.

something like >probably soft almost ambient guitar. or generic "MMO main menu screen" music.
would probably be fine. it's a pain to search through stuff on opengameart and wherever else. I spent like an hour or two finding mediocre background music for my town/forest. just some generic fantasy landscape tune

>berserker quest

>Not being Frankenstein trying to create your own perfect waifu based on all the parts.

is tracing really badly still stealing?

They are abused a lot for a very fake retro style. I think they are an okay compromise when you have to scale up a sprite for some reason but don't have the resources to make a higher resolution version. An example is the bosses in Super Mario World are stretched using mode 7 producing mixels.

Mixels show a dev is just imitating something without understanding it. Or they understand but don't care/are too lazy. Its like wearing nerd glasses without lenses.

just a meme m8, people in the real world don't care

Well. I'm loving the idea.
If people are willing to make an AGDG smash at some point count me in to help.

Holy fuck i'm touched

My ludum dare game is hot garbage. Abandoning.

I wanna see the knight guys from both Dungeon Break and that short stumpy knight from that other game

>Sam Hyde

Lul

> abandoning this early on

>Says Rotate

is that walter white? please let it be walter white

>Ludum dare
>Participating in shitty game jams
>Not just working on your game
It'll never get done like this.

>Haven't even finished the first level of the game
>Already thinking about what the sequel would be like

how do you keep your dreams from becoming too big?

by never dreaming.

>that feel when you are already burned out, after making half the assets and still don't have a prototype.

this is PyroTechNick's gritty reboot for a better Greenlight audience

I refactored my whole bullet code and now I have pool of bullets instead of constantly adding/removing tables.

>Don't have a prototype

As in you haven't started programming/putting it together yet? It's a really good idea to get started on at least trying to put some stuff together, it will be a rewarding feeling seeing it "work" and it will give you some more motivation.