/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>low power edition

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>Angry Bees
youtu.be/QlJhqomYEhE?t=4m38s

>Amuse S2000
youtube.com/watch?v=TapkhD6WHjM

>B18 'Lewd
youtube.com/watch?v=kxIySoGeNio

>Civic Si doing work
youtube.com/watch?v=zpDRfq9fMis

>Shingu's Exhaust
youtu.be/itY8amp9tOI
youtube.com/watch?v=pOxOfiyi228

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/5605114979.html
miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/5599769868.html
miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/5620722164.html
youtube.com/watch?v=V3s0g-tjvPk
kansascity.craigslist.org/ctd/5646350193.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Blue, 6th gen, civic, coupe fag from last thread, what year is your car? I need the year so I can add it to the collage

what the fuck happened why was the thread gone oh my god
Also I found a MINT civic hatch that has no p/s and no a/c , just like I want, and it has low miles.

God damn, I hope the fact its an old hatch with no niceties and mis matched fenders makes people not buy it until august.

Back with the amber corners. I like them more than the JDM ones. Bought new sockets too because my old ones were letting the water in.

Y'all should take a break from /hg/ for a couple months. This thread gets shit up too often now, I remember when it was once a week or twice a month for awhile. Neat thread between older tripfags that everyone hid for being only about the turd gen Prelude.

Call me Corey all you like, but man these threads shouldn't be back to back. Makes it more lively to bait.

All we need to do is to stop replying to the obvious bait posts that shit the whole board up. The only reason GTR vs GM threads are up 24/7 is because people are so easily baited. These threads are usually peaceful.

Prove FWD is good.

>5th generation prelude

Spotted this nice Accord hatch today

>it was an auto

Finally found somebody that has a hatch tailgate I can buy for $30+my old tailgate. It's even Milano Red, too. Also gonna try to get this knob from somebody for $20. Just looking for a different feel and see if I like it.

Always disappointing to see the auto. Still looks great though.

Now that the CRZ is kill, should I buy one within the next five years and slap a k20 in it?

It should have had one from the start, since the hybrid setup couldn't even keep up with its competitors in terms of fuel economy really.

How hard/expensive is it to boost an R18?

Also spotted this lude

There's one of those for sale very close to me for $1500. Would buy if I had the money and the time to swap the autotragic out.

>also would swap the rear for a 5G rear if I had loads of dosh

Lol I haven't had a day off since today and I was busy doing normie things. Anyone can be OP it's not a big deal if I'm not op.
Are you gonna buy the civic hatch btw?

Aesthetically speaking, clear JDM ones looked better

if its still there in August user. I'm the weirdo who must wait but can't stop looking for Honda.

Nice. Haven't seen those in person

What material is it made out of? Seems like it would burn your hand with that Louisiana heat.

Good luck m8

2013 Civic Si from the collage reporting in. Installed a set of Ksport coilovers about a week and a half ago and never posted about it.

Will be ordering about 30 #stancenation stickers to completely cover all of my windows next.

Thanks.
Whatever I buy will be a temporary Honda or just a shop one to be honest. What I'm really saving my money for is a first generation Prelude that I can fuck with and tune.

Looks like plastic and CF

If I do get another pair it'll have to be genuine Stanley ones. The two pairs I tried were shit and cost fifty bucks a pop from Taiwan. Can't find any aftermarket ones in the US for a similar price as the amber ones.

Not too sure. Though I keep both windows cracked 24/7 thanks to the visors so my car doesn't really get that hot anymore from sitting in the sun.

Before and after pics?

I disagree. I love these threads because they give a real sense of community and we shouldn't have to hide from the trolls
or limit how often we have these threads

Can't let the trolls win. Best to just never reply to them.

>honda ff losers
>any day

Yea this is definitely the comfiest general on Veeky Forums imo. Sure there's troll posts but I feel like the realest niggas post here.

Definitely, its super comfy. I can't wait to join the /hg/ senpai

>there will never be /hg/ meet

*/hg/ senpai

wtf autocorrect

follow your dreams user

But seriously an /hg/ meet could possibly happen one day

>everyone in the collage meets up
>one big aerial pic of all three cars

Would be bretty gud

The not three. Damn Swype.

I wonder how hard it would be to actually set up a meet

I imagine most of us are in the states, and quite a few from the Midwest. It would be cool to find a point that's relatively equidistant from everyone, but that'd be tricky to figure out

I'd have to take a vacation just to go. I'm saving my vacation hours for some kind of road trip in the future when I think my car is ready for it.

I can't get the bottom bolt of my front suspension forks lined up!

Fuck my life!

>guy in a 4th gen lude
>tries to race my g35 every other day
>sounds absolutely awful
>He won't even take my advice how to upgrade his lewd, and I know more about his honda than he does

miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/5605114979.html
>prelude with dents and rust spots for 3k
>its the only third gen
Jesus christ.
I literally just bought a third gen in better condition for $900

I'd rather take miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/5599769868.html

miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/5620722164.html

Damn I'd rather buy the one near me for $1500 and use the money left over to manual swap.

What car? Any help from googling?

Are you saying that perhaps this 4WS Prelude may not be worth 2500?

ef sedan, nope no results googling...
will try again thursday.

Use a hammer and a jack. Can also take the forks off the struts, line up and bolt the bottom, then use a jack to put the fork back onto the strut.

How complicated and hard is it to put something like say a top tier k20 into a very old honda

like making custom mounts and such howd oes it all work

Comfy bowling story /hg/
>went bowling with 5 other people
>one of the guys I just met was a fag holy shit
>awkward fat guy spouting Veeky Forums memes (GOMAD, dirty bulking, etc.)
>we finish bowling, pic related
>go to steak and shake, fat ass asked me if my car's even the 5spd in an insulting way
>of course, he goes quiet
>while we were eating I was scolding my friend since he was going 40 in a 25 residential neighborhood
>fat fuck has the audacity to say "user is just salty since his car is slower" (new Rav4 automatic 4 cylinder)
>tell him no it's not and I'm willing to bet my car
>damage_control_activated.webm
>he says well it's because it weighs like half
>tell him then why did you say it's slower?
>he goes quiet pondering some other shit to fling
>immediately say you're just salty since you don't have a car
>he goes quiet again lol
>after eating and socializing my friend driving the Rav4 asked how much did you get your car for again, user?
>I tell him 7 bills
>keep in mind I always take off the wheel
>fat fuck says you probably spent more money for your steering wheel
>give him a smug look, literally say, "what is eBay"
>>oh
>beta bitch boy gets in Rav4
He was beta orbiting some girl and my best friend is gonna work out with her tomorrow morning lol. He also went with us and we both hate that fag. The girl obviously put lard ass in the friend zone but his head is too far up his ass to see for himself.

I waved at a clean black s2k wide body with gold wheels. He waved back like family. Felt pretty comfy desu.

J SERIES IN A PRELUDE

Best thing to do is ignore him from communication and act like you're not a car enthusiast. That's why I rarely ever tell people I like cars.

That's what I have been doing but it won't go through the other side of the fork.

If I take the strut off the new strut won't fit back in, that only works with short stroke struts and coilovers.

I might just cheat and get extended top hats to make it easier but unsure if I trust ebay ones, which is all I can afford.

So are you saying compressing it would help?

Yeah it can be a pain. I always try those two methods to get them to line up.

I think so... I think it's the pressure the spring is putting on the forks making it hard to line up.

Rent a spring compressor at vatozone m8

Pretty much impossible, he's at the same car meets and says he can beat my G to other people. I don't think anyone thinks he's serious but it's really annoying. I raced him once to prove a point and he's been a pain in my ass ever since

I hate guys like that. Not fun at all to be around.

I know my car is slow so nobody really tries anything with me. I raced my friend's 350Z just for keks on a roll and got my shit kicked in.

I was the noisier car though.

How is that guys 350z, last time you said it was in shit show shape

Not good. Some guy on a bike jumped in front of him on the interstate going way too slow and fucked up his radiator. His insurance totaled it but he bought it back for some reason. I think he only got 5000 for it. Haven't heard much since or got pics.

You were supposed to ignore him from the start and go with your instinct. I think you made it worse that you raced him lol.

Holy fuck sounds like they're low balling him hard. I would never buy back a salvaged car unless the insurance was ruling was truly bull shit.

Yeah I hope he can get it fixed but he's one of those guys that isn't very good with cars. That's actually his second Z. He drove through a flood in his last one.

It does seem like a very low price though.

I didn't really know him then and I like a good race once in awhile. I raced a guy in a SRT4 neon and he was a salty bitch when he lost, I see him at meets too. The lewdguy just seems more like a maximum autism type of guy.

Why would strut bars not work in a Fwd

fun to wax on a sunny day :)

>The lewdguy just seems more like a maximum autism type of guy.
Literally described Corey

My clear coat on my FG2 is coming off so I just wax the parts that still have clear coat.
:^)

T_T

Join the collage nig. You should paint that red part silver or at least black. It looks tacky right now.

Fix the clear coat you nigger.

gotta another video for ya f@m.

youtube.com/watch?v=V3s0g-tjvPk

I wish my single cam vtak was that dramatic.

>k swap it bro

>delivering in a K powered EG hatch

That's scary.

Dank

Are civic coupes for cucks?

Nice I wanna make a short video to compare. I don't care if it's a 1 min video lol.

What's your setup with your exhaust/intake again? That sounds like all motor, which is my favorite kind of Honda sound

I wish my single cam had vtec

just bored posting. here guys have an interior photo.

excuse me are you smuggling some kind of bomb in your car

also garage is done minus gutters and AEP hooking up the power. finished concrete pad on the right side last night about 8:30. Not trying to brag I'm just soooo glad Im done with it and just in time for the heat too.
I have to make sure my ecu syncs to the coil on plug kit so I'm not installing it back in its regular place.

weren't people last thread talkin about MX6s?

kansascity.craigslist.org/ctd/5646350193.html

>that mileage
>4 cyl

7.5/10
>not a 3 car
>that division on the garage door
>can a lift even fit there? Unless you have a shop to work in

I'm just glad you guys aren't a bunch of cancerous ricers

Probes a shit. I'd rather 'Lewd

its built specifically to accommodate a lift. walls are 10ft with cathedral rafters to give a total interior height of 15ft 3in. Buying a Bend-Pak XPR-10 lift in a few weeks with 113" mast height. not a 3 car because I don't have the property space and setbacks for one and the 2 doors was just personal taste.

Nope

Got the knob. Much more feeling than the stock one. Shifts feel way more precise. Need a new boot to go with it.

Can I slob on your knob?

Sure m8

Guy I bought it from knew the guy I bought my hatch from. Said it looks ten times better than when he last saw it. At least I know I'm doing something right.

Still a pretty good garage. Pretty jelly desu

Thanks alot. I've got so much time wrapped up in it and overtime hours at my day (night) job that I was pretty strung out but now its done I can share more photos of mods and swaps and repairs.

Here in my garaaaaage

Looks pretty great. Would do maintenance and mawds in. It gonna have cole as fuck AC?

Gonna change out my outer tie rod real quick. It's vibrating a bit on the highway.

I might put in a window unit for a bit just to knock off the humidity for this year. Getting electric heat around September when I can afford it.

Hi Alphonse

Not bad but I still prefer the oem's look though

Wisconsin si bro. Would attend.