Look up Le man results on google

>look up Le man results on google
>all the American news sites yahoo, business insider, Forbes all headlines saying ford won
>woo America we did it
>doesn't mention GTE is a class below LM1 and LM2
>rest of the world reporting Porsches win and how Toyota should of won

Other urls found in this thread:

jamesedition.com/cars/ferrari/488-gtb/rosso-corsa-metallic-for-sale-1176313
jamesedition.com/cars/ferrari/488-gtb/for-sale-1096107
youtube.com/watch?v=xuR0DqbQGN8
autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/03/ford-gt-engine-shares-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>ferrari fangirls this assmad

Porsche won, ford came in 18th

I never even denied that. All I'm saying is Ford is greater than Ferrari.

They won more times at Le-mans than Ford though.

>should of

>ford builds expensive supercar destined just to race
>155k more expensive than the 488 that came second, which is riding on a 5 year old chassis
>everyone is surprised it won

Are you literally a knuckle dragging retard?

The cars compete in classes. The ford GT won the GTE class. The Alpine won the LMP2 class. The Porsche won the LMP1 class.

It's not as if the Porsche beat the Ford, they were competing separately with different rules, just on the same track more or less.

Why would you celebrate winning the third tier of racing? Where's fords LM1 car?

you're looking at it, but it's old school

bespoke motor, carbon fiber construction, ground-up design, etc

just they decided to homologate it so they could win gte races against real road cars

we should just get used to the gt winning lots of races from now on

>lost to a V6

It's not third tier you mong,

It's a different class. P1 cars are prototypes, P2 watered down variants, GTE endurance cars based on a production car.

If you've seen the cars they aren't even similar? Obviously you know nothing about motorsports. I'd bet you didn't even watch the race.

You would think people would be happy.

What, you nerds think you ever have a shot at driving one of those GTP cars? At least with the Ford you could if a rich uncle left you some money or you saved up for one instead of getting a mortgage.....

488GTE is a "real road car" compared to a Ford GT now?

They both have bespoke carbon fibre chassis and bespoke engines. Also I'm pretty sure GTE cars don't have to use the engine that comes in the road car anyways.

the ford costs 400k

you'd have a better chance of owning a ferrari 488 which is 245k

and ferrari actually sells their racers to privateer teams

but i can't afford any of them :(

yes they do, they have to use the same engine albeit emissions equipment like mufflers and stuff

and the 488 is a car you could buy months ago, you can't even buy a gt yet

and the 488 is still using the majority of 458 frame, but it still beat the gt at spa

They don't, the corvette for example uses a 5.5L v8 that isn't available on any production corvette

Has Ford ever lost any of the years it has participated in the LeMans? History repeats itself, why even bother when there is no competition.

"The ACO modifies its regulations for “Small manufacturers” (less than 2000 cars produced a year). In order to be eligible a big manufacturer must produce at least one car a week or a small manufacturer one car a month. The cars will be eligible to race when 100 road cars for big manufacturers or 25 road cars for small manufacturers are produced. The car must have an official launch campaign and sales network. The engine must be used in a production car; while this is usually the engine from the road car, the ACO has made exceptions for cars like the BMW Z4 GTE which use engines from other models. Carbon fiber, titanium and magnesium are banned except for special parts like spoilers or wheels. Cars with carbon cockpits (that are not directly attached to the suspension) are allowed. The engine displacement is limited to 5.5L naturally aspirated or 4.0L turbo/supercharged. The SRT Viper is granted a special waiver to 8.0L."

the corvette had to swap it out because the motor was too big

the ferrari and ford still use production motors

If you're going to play with the big boys at least compete in the fastest class, it's like when Americans have a World Series but they're the only country that competes in it

kek

europoors anally annihilated right now

Lemans is the WWE of motorsports.
Each class is irrelevant as the next.
The GTEpros are so loosely based on the real car they represent that it might as well be NASCAR.
Only redeeming factor is the P1s push new auto tech.

Oh yeah I forgot America no.2

Lmao as if you could get a 488 for 245.

300-350 with a couple options

How long are the Ferrari fangirls going to be angry about this one?

Also, cars only compete within categories (LMP1, LMP2, GTE Pro, GTE Ama). To say that 1st place LMP1 beat 1st place GTE Pro is like saying the dude who got gold for 500m freestyle beat the dude who got gold for 500m breaststroke because he took less time even though they were in separate races.

It's fucking nonsensical.

jamesedition.com/cars/ferrari/488-gtb/rosso-corsa-metallic-for-sale-1176313

literally the first post

250k, in red, 2016 model year

you can find just about anything online, take the time to look

People only really care about GTE Pro and LMP1 results. I'd say the majority are in the former camp, because road cars.

But you'd know this if you watched motorsport at all.

Honestly, look at what Ford did to the GTE PRO with a V6 and that was after they made them dial it back to make things more fair. If Ford entered LMP1 or LMP2 the FIA would change all the rules and ban whatever Ford wins with like they did to Mazda. Ferrari and all the other major manufacturers would be pulling so many strings in the background.

same reason they don't allow women to compete vs men in contact sports.
miss ford would catch a beating

It's a gm fangirl false flagging as a ferrari fangirl

GTE is irrelevant, Le Mans is about engine endurance, if your not racing LM1 or LM2 then it doesn't even matter, GTE is only on the news in the US, the rest of the world is talking about LM1 and the race between Porsche and Toyota

>Price:Performance only matters when it's the Ferrari that's cheaper
>Never considered for the Corvette or Mustang otherwise

yuros

That one is used. Looks like this poster
was referring to the MSRP

With that in mind it's not too impressive, but it was Ford's first time touching a supercar in a decade, and it won on it's first go. Even in the 60's the GT40 had two years of losses before it cleaned house.

Damn hard time to be European

First the Greek debt crisis, then the refugee crisis, then Brexit, and now getting BTFO at Le Mans

when will yuros learn

>factory KM

means it has no added mileage

Lol, not likely, there are no American manufactures at the bleeding edge of car tech, where's ford in LM1? Where's ford or Chevy in formula 1?, these are all racing classes that are pushing what's possible in cars that eventually end up in road cars, Le Mans being about endurance and formula 1 being performance

>Mohammad is the most popular baby name in Yurope 2016

What a time to be American!

Those road cars that eventually get those things just got BTFO by a ECOBOOST V6

Tell that to McLaren circa 1995.

>touching a supercar

that's where things get interesting

the GT is built by a company called Multimatic, which is located in Ontario

now a lot of companies have cars built in other countries, but this is the first time that i've seen a flagship built anywhere other than the home country (even the corvette is built in michigan)

but then you look up multimatic motorsports (a part of the same company), a company that has raced pretty much exclusively Fords since the early 90s, all with factory support, which is the same company that built the GT and i'd assume put in a lot of engineering experience as well, considering they've designed prototypes

and when you take into account how similar the gt is to a daytona prototype (they even use the same engine, carbon fiber monocoque, etc) like the ones that multimatic have built and raced successfully. this company has also won their class at lemans back in 2000

so, long story short, it sounds like Ford needed to rebuild the GT and give it the same credentials that the original had so they went to their long-time Canadian buddies, had them design and build a racing car around a proven motor, and then sent the car off to Chip Ganassi racing so they could put red/white/blue all over this maple leaf of motorsports

tl;dr the ford gt is canadian

Whatever makes you feel better without actual facts

Cool. No warranty (7 years on those cars) + not original owner = huge hit to value.

jamesedition.com/cars/ferrari/488-gtb/for-sale-1096107

>condition: new

still doesn't even touch 300

at least do some research

and i was wrong, the gt retails for 480k and will only sell 250 units per year

Fact: Ford GT placed 18 overall after they got slapped with BOP adjustments.

The BOP adjustments were in fords favor dumbass

That car is not being sold by a Ferrari dealer. You cannot get a warranty on that car. It was purchased by someone/some entity and is being resold. It does not matter if it's brand new in the wrapper not even PDI'd condition, it's a used car in the eyes of any Ferrari buyer.

yeah, I'm sure the Ford team just loved that extra ballast and boost reduction

what in class after BOP adjustments though :^)

Also the 2nd place Ferrari got hit with the hardest BOP for cheating

He means everyone got penalties and restrictions and Ford got less than the competition.

>implying

The Corvettes were almost back to their initial spec by race start and still sucked ass.

ITT: Ferrari fangirls assmad they lost a V6

please, prove your point

i showed you a ferrari 488 under 300k, two of them actually

so you guys show me where you can't warranty a ferrari that doesn't come from a ferrari dealer

(when they all come with 3 year warranties regardless of who you buy it through, but ferrari will not honor their EXTENDED warranty if you don't sell/buy it from their dealer)

This morning, the ACO tried to put things back in order by limiting the boost in the Ford GT's twin-turbo V6 and adding 11 pounds of ballast. Ferrari was also given extra weight but allowed more fuel capacity. The Corvette and Aston Martin teams were both given breaks on their air restrictors, which will allow their engines to make more power. Both Ford and Porsche also received extra fuel capacity.

Corvette and Aston Martin were given more power while Ford and Ferrari had to dial it back. Aston Martin was able to hold their own, what is GMs excuse??

after Balance of Performance adjustments were required by the sanctioning officials, the winners of the 2015 24 Hours of LeMans race went from being the quickest car in the class at the pre-LeMans practice session to being the slowest cars in the class during the first session of official LeMans qualifying.

"During the term of this agreement, You may transfer this Agreement to a private owner who buys the Covered Vehicle from You. There is no transfer fee or charge. To transfer this Agreement, before selling the Covered Vehicle, you must take the Covered Vehicle to an authorized Ferrari Dealer for inspection. The transfer will not take effect until the Authorized Ferrari Dealer received approval from Ferrari for the transfer. This agreement CANNOT be transferred if the COVERED VEHICLE IS TRADED OR SOLD TO AN INDEPENDENT DEALER OR BROKER, other than an Authorized Ferrari Dealer."

Either way, there is no point. You posted some used cars. If you want to compare them to what used Ford GTs go for in the near future it may be relevant I suppose, not sure what you are trying to prove though. This poster
clearly meant the MSRP, not the price of a used one being sold by a broker, and this poster
Correctly noted that every 488 being delivered at the moment is over $300k. The only cars that have been delivered so far are to people that are already regular customers or willing to buy fully loaded ones, and 99% of regulars are not getting 0 option cars.

Daddy Ferd is back baby.

>ford
>having any themesong other than dubstep

At least with Ford if you buy one of their common man shitboxes it has a chance of having some of that GT DNA in it.

You will never own a Ferarri.

>dumb fordfags actually drank the marketing koolaid

>Yurop still cant recover! Will they ever!?

>Ferrari fangirls this assmad
autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/03/ford-gt-engine-shares-

>ferrari literally BTFO by a ford f150

>Yes, it’s mostly the same EcoBoost bent-six you can get in a commercial vehicle or crossover. Are you depressed yet?

>Are you depressed yet?

AHHAHAHAHAHAHA This is what memes are made of!

>Are you depressed yet?
>Yurop on suicide watch!

>ferrari LITERALLY lost to a V6 found in the f150
Holy fuck, that's sad.

>a
>V6
>found in a ford tarus

>literally outperformed a ferrari
MY FUCKING SIDES!!!

Does this mean its a Mazda engine? i heard some or all of Ford's V6s were based on or taken from Mazda.

>destroyed by a V6 ford

>a V6

>Ecoboost confirmed for the new LS1 swap meme
>Everyone swapping V6s into their japanese shit boxes
>GM owners swapping their LS1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 out for ECOBOOST AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

ECOBOOST JUST KICKED IN YO
USDM TITE YO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>gm and ferrari btfo forever
>by a V6
I CAN'T BRETH!!!

>should of won
>should of
get a load of this dongo

That thing must have some fucking adamantine cranks and heads to be able to take another 300HP in boost. Imagine being able to get this shit second-hand from Ford and throwing it in a Taurus.

The only good thing about this was weebs getting totally blow the fuck out and Toyota being ridiculed worldwide. Thats what you get for trusting gooks.

Ford is bringing the GT500 back with a TT V8 Ecoboost. Holy Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Rumors are saying there is going to be a crate Ford GT engine. I don't doubt them especially considering this is coming from a company that has been kicking ass as of late. I mean Ford has promised 12 new performance cars from 2014-2020. They've already delivered 5, which are the Ford GT, Shelby GT350R, Shelby GT350, Focus RS and Ford Raptor. Up next is supposed to be the Ford RS500 and Ford Shelby GT500.

>You will never own a GT GT350R RS Raptor RS500 and GT500 at the same time

:( Feels bad senpai, but I will definitely have that 350R in a few years.

>Ford RS500

A successor to this?

>itt Ford faggots gloating over sandbagging 5 fucking seconds and having no competition

no shocks considering ganassi ruined indycar and still does along with penske

i meant a higher performance version of the ford focus rs

that's for the extended warranty

If they made an RS500 that was the new RS200 I would jizz my pants on the spot. Somebody make one of the petitions so I can sign it and send it to Ford right meow.

A fucking new Taurus SHO! Ford has gone completely mad!

AHHHH WHAT THE FUCK AM I LOOKING AT?

A masterpiece.

It's a good thing the house was empty when this went down. I was so overjoyed I was making all kinds of noises, some of them didn't sound human.

go back to /k/, furyfaggot

A victim of continued sexual abuse

and his pet dog

His dog is also probably a victim of sexual harassment. Silence doesn't indicate consent.

The courts accept tail wagging and licking as consent in California. As long as the dog is not legally drunk.

no u

>"america just won lemans!"
>"we numba 1!"

>car is built by a company in Canada

kek

Catfuc/k/er 2.0
Or should I say Dogfuc/k/er

never change /k/

samefag

Thank (You)

>taking that long to change your ip