/rlg/ - Roguelike General

Roguenex.us is down due to a security leak until further notice.
1st rlgrobin 15-rune win too!

>Shared DCSS online account.
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on CXC).
Remember, it's not fun if you didn't splat hard!

FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34 (embed)
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f (embed)

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/SgMJ7Xwh (embed)

You die...

Other urls found in this thread:

crawl.xtahua.com/crawl/morgue/kraktruk/morgue-kraktruk-20160827-163136.txt
github.com/crawl/crawl/commit/4ecb74722be253ae975a96b98f67d929183b092d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Remember to clean up you're (embed)s

Wow what a shit OP image

you alright there mate?

Take it easy.

>tfw you realize they have a head instead of a giant hole

malmuTate it easy

Oops.

Aside from me being retarded, this run was quite good.
War Vet Observant>Treasure Hunter>Strong Back>Dextrous>Lithe was working out really well so far.
With two mobility perks it seems that you can even outrun Zuul. Probably only because he's erratic though (I think?).

>I

XP reduction test.

Wizmode, I killed Antaeus

without Hep : I leveled up to XL 12 Next : 9
with Hep : I leveled up to XL 12 Next : 24
with 4 large abominations : I leveled up to XL 11, Next : 8

>Your vampire smiles at you!
>Your vampire says: "I will never leave you, master!"

This is a good post, please keep making it.

Fine by me as long as I get 100% exp and a bodyguard-kun that never gets angry with a swapeepoopee

I really liked that user's OC tile for cacos with an eyeball on the belly.
/rlg/ should make a collective effort and make crawl great again.
Speaking of /rlg/, what about that user that promised to show us his brand new tacticool roguelike at the end of the week?

I remember having my security leak once, it was in the middle of class, too. So embarrassing. Took me ages to recover my security after that.

Making crawl "great again" sounds like a whole lot of effort which could be better put into making something new.

He's dead since he posted his ideas in /rlg/ before his roguelike was feature-complete; the fate of many aspiring aralgeean developers.

>tomb floor
i'm so sorry. Fuck that place when you can't just cloud mind home.

So the ancestor takes XP just like every other summon

He actually increases the xp you gain

I just cant deal with the dumb minion AI in crawl which basically makes it impossible to properly fight at chokepoints

Polearms or digging wands/spell

Also of note, Start as a warper for portal proj on a high laucher apt race.

Can also with high invo kiku delivery in the open, back up, and animate when they're in the middle and tell-wait for the zombs to rip and tear.

Well working with already created assets is much easier than trying to make a whole new game from scratch, especially for a small half-dead general like rlg. Slowly and steadily, one change at a time, warping crawl on some kind of democratic basis into something to fit our collective views of what it should be seems to be within the realms of possibility for me, and that way we could also possibly elude the "fate of many aralgeean developers" you mentioned.

DCSSCA is already great crawl

you know what to do

>undead can mutate
It's shit.

Man, did they nerf minotaur labyrinth? All im getting is shit loot in there anytime i go in

Nah, it's what you get for being inflexible.

Oh no what do now?

You regret going Chei and take a leap of faith

Bend time and punch them to death? Where's your regen and reflect missiles? Do you really have no consumables before that blink? why are you only doing something now at 48 hp? There was a lot of shit you fucked up well before you got to this point. what are you saving those rations for, nuclear winter?

So, I got a deep elf on the akrasiac rlgrobin account, he almost has fireball castable and already has sticky flame. Been abusing the hell out of a branded sling too. First to take the character gets to taste the fat xp of these OoD yaks with muh sticky flame. Robe of rC, 2 !brilliance and !magic

>Death Knight on D:10

Who designed this

An omen of things to come

crying

Rip, thats what you get for worshiping chei nerd
Post morgue file

The shape reminds me of some Zot:5 layout.
A good omen, that is.
Really made me think tho, good post minotaur friend.

Your the silliest man in the history of the universe. You're iq is too low to live on earth and you will be banished to space while my wife sucks my penis

>waaah crawl is too easy
>devs buff the fuck out of OoDs
>waaa crawl is too hard

Who are you quoting?

This response is a sure indicator of butthurt

Rip in pieces

crawl.xtahua.com/crawl/morgue/kraktruk/morgue-kraktruk-20160827-163136.txt

how sore am I going to be if I as a beginner bypass Brogue/DCSS/etc. and jump right into nethack?

Not very much, nethack can actually be won more reliably than crawl once you get good and almost anyone can get past the early game by playing it moderately safe

You had tele, 2 scrolls of blinking.. What the fuck were you doing maaaaaaaaaaan

Tele takes much longer to kick in on the orbrun and blink can't be controled

It would buy you a lot of time and i know its not controller it would still help you a lot

He had blurry vision mutation and couldnt use blink from abilities cause he was too low on health, for some reason you cant blink anymore on low health? Im not him but im his dad and i watched him play and it was embrassing.

I'm gonna need a bigger spellbook for all this free xp

What the fuck lmao, stop it

Yeah I kinda fucked up
No source of healing and I need it to get close to sticky flame it

Wasn't supposed to quote that

Evoke foot to the next stairs?

Just run, you got this

I mean there was the chance that energy randomization could have fucked me over but I did manage to get to the next floor and got the Kiku book gift

Deep elf is now on D:10 due to being shafted. I grabbed a few levels of necromancy from killing a hill giant, whoever plays it next prepare for a magic duel with Fannar

Now that I've won as a melee dude how do I into spellcasters? I can never make it much farther than the Orc 3, once I hit the Lair Branches I die. I like the idea of a Mummy Necromancer, but actually playing one is pretty challenging.

>Now that I've won as a melee dude how do I into spellcasters?
DEFE or DECj is the strongest spellcaster combination.

>I like the idea of a Mummy Necromancer, but actually playing one is pretty challenging.
Mummy's aptitude to magic is almost garbage.
With -2 aptitude to everything. you need to grind harder and since you'll only get 3 runes, all of the undead advantage is almost non-existant.

>burns you terribly.

DrCj. Fairly sturdy albeit middling apts. GrEE/DECj are glass cannons.
NaVM if you want to meme
MuWz if you need motivation to kill yourself

Well shit, what do I do now?

Ghoul is pretty cruise control for 15 runes.

HONe of Kiku is a good dark horse. Get middling melee skills, Axe or bardiche dudes, use zombies, agony, and your pain brand to dunk on shit. You can go for haunt or bulkier melee. It's good fun.

You can also go warper or skald, pick up a launcher/melee and worship beogh. It's kind of funny to have a bunch of hasted orcs behind you as you facetank or obliterating enemies with portal projectile or misdirecting, confusing, and englaciating foes while an invisible pack of orcs comes and liberates them

>15 runes faster than I can even pickup 3
Ow.

it depends on how interested you are in looking up everything you see on the wiki

without heavy spoilers winning nethack is pretty much impossible, but it can get much easier if you know what's up

DCSS ogre god tier list (focused on early to mid survival)

Top tier
- Hep - even with frail 1 turning all fights into 2v1 makes the game a lot easier, and you get the ancestor immediately on joining
- Okawaru - Heroism is fucking amazing
- Trog

Good tier
- Fedhas - move him to the top tier if you have the patience for the endless positioning struggle
- Lugonu - just get to *** and you're set
- Makhleb - see Lugonu
- Nemelex - would be top tier if a) getting decks of summoning didn't depend on luck and b) decks of destruction wouldn't kill you
- TSO - accuracy bonus and a shield helps more than you might think
- Yred - just get a foothold on a level and you're fine

Average tier
- Ely - Heal Other helps a lot in Lair and Swamp/Spider, but self healing isn't very impressive
- Gozag
- Jiyva - jellies eating items are bad
- Ru - additional handicaps aren't all that great

No real help tier
- Ash - playable but there are better options
- Chei - you deal more damage but can't run, -3 apts in magic still there, UC ogre is fucking horrible early
- Dith
- Kiku - -3 in Necromancy, gets better in extended
- Sif Muna - does nothing unless you have guardian spirit
- Vehumet - for once his gifts will go faster than you can use them

Atheist would be better tier
- Qazlal - ogres can't fight more than 1 enemy at a time
- Xom - fucks you up for fun
- Zin - can't do this, can't do that, in exchange you can maaaaybe confuse an orc. Wow. Gets better when you don't need him anymore.

Removed from the game tier
- Pakellas - otherwise would be in average or good tier

you can't blink on low health because the +blink mutation costs health

>gree glass cannon
>in a 3 rune
>implying things that check AC are less common than smite/hellfire
are you one of those silly billies who doesn't know that ac applies to spell damage
hellfire basically doesn't exist in the first 3 runes, and you have lrd to smite smiters right back

fcrawl link is dead, can anyone share the file?

They removed Pakellas already?

Newfag here, trying to play cataclysm. Starting a new world but not sure how to confirm the settings. Right arrow and tab work for switching between columns, but not in advancing to world gen or the start.

Yep.

Tell me about the Hep. Why does he blast the ice?

>

While I know that feel, and it sucks, I'm curious. Why is your MP still so high? Where is your Might, Agility, or Brilliance? Why didn't you evoke/read Teleportation? Why didn't you Step from Time? How on earth did some random Panlord kill you without a scratch?

He blew all his piety on being a cuck apparently.

These are the crawldevs we're talking about here, you have to remember that if they haven't found anything suitable for removal in the last 24 hours they start to get the shakes. They've obviously decided at this point that adding features just to remove them a week later is better than going into withdrawal.

How did you even get over the lava?

Thank you.

That's where the staircase took me. It's surrounded by lava.

Is umbra that weak? I thought Dith is good for ogres.

That's okay, I didn't like that character anyways.
i was on a fucking three win streak god dammit

>wyvern on d:3

From the wiki
>To cross lava, use levitation, fireproof water walking boots, flying, or a cold attack to freeze it. Walking over lava without fire resistance will damage you every turn you do it.
If you have fire resistance, you can walk into it and survive, but you'll take damage and you might burn all your stuff to pieces.

if you have fire resistance AND fireproof water walking boots

how am i supposed to evoke feet against that user
how

Fuck me and I dropped my frost wand a while back, thanks mate. Guess i'll fuck around the main dungeon for a while.

When you see something that's faster than you, and that you can't kill, you start read-IDing scrolls and quaff-IDing potions. You had ~8 turns to go through unID'd stuff before it even reached you, and several afterward too. Did you die with stuff unID'd in your inventory?

I think Dynahack has a search function of some kind.

I had two turns from when it was in los until I died, thanks very much.
I technically should have read my unidentified scrolls, but the chance that would have saved me was very low, because only fear or blinking into teleportation would have done it.

You just gotta play carefully. I actually perfer to start out mummy wizard, then go necromancer once I get a book from Kiku. The mepthitic cloud from the wizard starting spellbook works really really well with undead minions, better than the necromancer's starting spellbook does, since Kiku will give you those.

Still a better idea than trying to melee/ruk it. Maybe quaff potions instead: curing would probably be the largest stack, healing the second-largest, and might/brilliance/agility/haste/etc. have about the same chance.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my team in the 0.10 tournament, and I've been involved in numerous tavern threads, and I have over 300 confirmed wins. I am trained in turncount speedrunning and I'm the top greaterplayer in the DCSS community. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the IRC? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spectators across the Webtiles servers and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the tabstorm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your winrate. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can scum you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with a bread ration. Not only am I extensively trained in Claws III unarmed combat and transmutations, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the crawl devteam and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn badplayer.

I might have gotten confused with a previous run actually, lava is instantly lethal right?

Potions would't have saved me. I don't think you understand how much stronger a wyvern is than a level four character. I could have gotten haste and ran away, but that's lower odds than the scrolls, and would have been a worse play.

Yes, unless you have fire resistance. In that case, it merely has a delay on its instant lethality.

to clarify: with fire resistance you will still be stuck in the lava and unable to escape, and after a few turns you will sink to the bottom and die

I suppose it's not that bad, but I'm personally biased against Dith, which is probably why he's not in average tier. Besides all gods in average tier are better than him.

slex-playing user: I've found out why you were getting repeatable crashes by copying your save over to my account and testing. Apparently it's the randomized appearance of your speed boots; somehow I fucked up their effect. I'm sorry about that, and will push a fix on Monday morning. Up to then, if you want to go on playing, I fear you have to do so without the speed boots. :(

Welp, nevermind, nymph stole most of my shit (including excalibur) and I went full retard.

Bitches man

Jesus fucking christ i'm such an idiot, it is just not my day today.

I think i'll call it quits for now.

I don't even know what to mock first in this screenshot

hastefinesse actually no longer stack now, for the first time in history

github.com/crawl/crawl/commit/4ecb74722be253ae975a96b98f67d929183b092d