What's a fitting car for a young female designer of textiles and furniture who's doing pretty well for herself?

What's a fitting car for a young female designer of textiles and furniture who's doing pretty well for herself?

Should be pretty striking and indicative of taste.

She has a standard white fiat 500 right now (see pic), which is pretty fitting, but underpowered and uncomfortable during longer rides (noise, etc.).

>female
any *new* bmw convertible

>bmw
Nah bruv.

A GTR, women like beating the competition.

whatever has enough room for someone else to fuck her in the back of

exactly, a gtr. It seats more than a corvette.

A45 AMG.

where can she buy a gtr?

No Mercs or Beemers pls.

This is Europe, the roads are clogged with plebs driving them.

Go to your local nissan dealer. They should be able to get you one. Avoid the corvette at all costs it's engine overheats all the time.

Dude, fuck off. She likes mercedes. Stop derailing my thread.

Can somebody please help me? I would like to clarify that she likes mercedes and bmw. Ignore this poster

Porch 928

But I'm the OP.

Pic is her Fiat 500.

No Beemers or Mercs pls, too many plebs drive em here in EU.

Italian Miata?

>it's engine overheats all the time
I thought that only happened doing actual racing laps with the licence plate still attached in front of the air intake grille.

The Fiat 124 is the Italian Miata though. And I'd heartily suggest a blue Abarth 124 to OP.

Heard bad things about Alfa Romeo reliability though.
Guy I know his Alfa was falling apart after a couple of years.

/thread

If it's another woman she's racing against, girls really get into competition.

I know 2 girls irl who have an increasing rivalry and went from knowing nothing about cars to getting really good....all because their desire to be bitchy and beat the other girl kicked in.

tl:dr wanna teach your girl to drive? pit her against another woman and watch her start to want to learn how to race.

>Abarth 124
Just looked that up, it looks like a cross between a miata, a fiat 500, and a muscle car.
She was looking at a mustang for a while, so this might be right up her alley, thanks.

Personally I was thinking of a blue Volvo v40 for her, see pic, but I might just have shit taste.

> Designer myself living in EU
> Driving a Lotus Elise

OP can you explain her needs? Because sports cars are not the best fits for comfortability and longer rides...
Speaking for myself, I don't like the available fleet on the market, BMW and Mercedes are way too common...

If she's really well doing, I would go for a Jaguar F-Type

She's been getting by swimmingly with her 500, so she doesn't need that much space that often.
Sometimes she needs to lug around large rolls of fabric though, but she can always use my pick-up.

She really just wants something that's more confidence-inspiring on rainy highways, has more power, and less vibrations and noise.

Doesn't have to be a sports car at all.

A Jag might be a bit too much.

It's literally an ND Miata, with an Abart 1.4 turbo engine (from the Abarth 500).
It has nothing to do with a muscle car though. It's styled after the Fiat 124 Spider made in the 70's. Howeverf she was looking for an Ecoboost Mustang, this is exactly up her alley.

V40's are grest, and I love me a good T5. Blue and red are the best colors too. Your tadte is breddy gud. Might I suggest looking st a loaded Mazda6, in Soul Red?

That's why I asked, because many proposals were sports cars.
Last question, is she looking for something new? Or could it be something older with more "cachet"?
(Guessing for the 1st)

>A Jag might be a bit too much.
A V6 F-type has no more power than a V8 Mustang, and it's heavier too.

Why would you even compare a F-Type with a mustang? We are in Europe dude...

I think OP was not talking about pure HP but more about image.

I mean image-wise.
She's a young, up-and-coming designer, and the Jag might put off clients who are more arty-farty than industrialists.

New, less hassle.
Should be something of a timeless design though.

>Mazda6
Guy in our neighborhood has one of those already, in soul red too.

Neat looking car though.

>[CURRENT YEAR]
>Doing anything nice for a woman

The fuck is wrong with you OP? How have you managed to not figure out what is going on?

>Should be indicative of taste
>What should it be?
Why the fuck are you asking, we don't know her.

I'm not buying her the car mang.

Indicative of taste in general, not her taste.

>analysing the possibilities and proposals

- Volvo V40 : Reliable and well known brand, but I'm personnally not attracted to it, moreover it's at the opposite of the italian design...

- Mazda6 : Sweet look, but definetely won't last for years.(I mean design appealing) And Mazda has an insipid connotation nowadays.

- Alfa Romeo : Could be a good fit for an italian designer, reliability is not known as their strenght, but things changed over the years imo. (Giulia or Giullietta)

- VW New beetle : Would consider this option. Not that common, nice new design, fitted for women and convertible available.

- Audi and Mercedes (A1-3, Class A, ..) would still consider them, since they are solid and reliable choices. Design will last for ages.

- Renault Clio : The only Renault that I like. Moreover in its RS version.

Btw in which city are you living? Milano?

> still searching

So is it her who's insecure or you?

>Btw in which city are you living? Milano?
Belgium actually.

You have no idea how many Audis, Beemers, and Mercs ride around here, would really rather avoid. Same with anything French too.

Haha, from Belgium too... I don't know why I assumed she was italian... Maybe the Fiat coupled with the design textile... French or dutch btw?

I can relate about Audi and such...

>from Belgium too
The fuck?
>French or dutch btw?
Flemish :^)

I'm gonna show her all of the options from this thread, it's up to her after that.
She might like that Fiat 124, even though that black plastic grill is hideous.

I'm Walloon :p World is small.

I think she would find something out of this thread. The Fiat looks good, but idk what she will transport with that :p

Do you mean the bonnet, or the grille?
You can option the Abarth bonnet not to be black, which is a sound idea.

Greetings from other Limburg btw.

Before I forget, might I suggest an XC90, S90 or V90? Great on gas, stunning looks, and I've driven several hours through Belgium without seeing a single Volvo 90 - all V60's and XC60's. Especially the XC90 is huge on the inside when you fold everything down. I'm sort of a private chauffeur, and one of my customers has one. Amazingly comfy.

Alright, since sort of no else is doing it, I'll mention the frogs. Citroën's new DS brand makes sort of pocket luxury cars. Definitely not going to be common anywhere outside France, and they should be comfy as fuck. Thinking DS3 or DS4

Well, I apparently missed the last 10 posts, and the "no frenchies" bit. Consider it a bump if nothing else.

Maybe look at a low mileage SAAB if you're buying used

That black plastic grill I mean.
Maybe there are aftermarket grills.

>World is small.
Belgium is even smaller.

She definitely didn't like any of the bigger Volvos.
My brother has an XC60 with the biggest diesel engine, it's a neat little ripper.

I'm sure those pocket Frenchies are nice and all, but there's a huge stigma surrounding them over here.
They're intimately associated with little old biddies on their way to have coffee and biscuits at Bertha's place.

I've driven through Belgium. Every car is a Merc/Audi/BMW, and all in Grey or Black.

The beer was nice though.

What about those small Alfa Romeos? Giulia or something like that? MiTo? Maybe that was the old one

If she's fine with what she's already got. Why not a direct upgrade? Abarth 500s are fun, and have status with them. (Performance badging, and literally being the top model)

Woah I'm from Belgium too
I was wondering if you were before you mentioned it because I saw your name haha

She wants to avoid Merc/BMW/Audi right? Have you looked at something like a Skoda Fabia RS? KIA is gaining a lot of popularity in the last couple of years too and their newer models actually look really nice imo

Greetings from Lilles, guys

They look nice, but a guy I know had his Alfa fall apart after a few years.

If the Abarth is also better in terms of sound insulation and such, maybe that's the ticket.

>Skoda
>Kia
Worth a look, though they have a negative rep around these parts.

Lille Flandre!

Skoda is VW so afaik people have always said they are pretty reliable, never heard people talk bad about them
And as for KIA, people still think this is 20 years ago and they think the cars are shit. I actually work in the automotive business and KIA really isn't bad anymore. I saw some numbers like 2 years ago and they actually had the most sold cars out of all the brands for that year here in Belgium, or maybe it was Europe iirc

I personally like how the Sportage looks

wew, we're a bunch of yuros here

I don't really know about the Abarth's sound protection, I'm not really too badly affected by it unless something's incredibly loud or has crap aerodynamics.

All I can say is the whole thing is really a 500 +1 it just feels better to me than the normal one. There are probably a lot of better cars out there, but it's solid and that's all I really ask for.

She should get an ecoboost mustang, of course.

If they had the V6 over there, I would suggest that lol.

DEATH BY KEK

OP IS TALKING ABOUT HIS MOM

HIS MOM IS THE "YOUNG LADY" IN QUESTION

HIS MOM

Miata

Taurus SHO. Not flashy, AWD, luxurious and decent performance. And has enough trunk space to carry stuff.

Mommy, you NEED to get a Miata!

MOMMMMMM!

corolla/civic/focus.

A niggered out trabant 1.1

a Mini

How shallow can a woman be?

2016/2017 Beetle convertible
Fiat 124 Spider

Jeep Wrangler
Late model Defender.

Why the Defender and Wrangler?
Because they are easily customized to show off her 'style'

It's all about the color. No trolling.

Latest Nissan Micra in bubblegum green

Also beetle

BUY A CIVIC AND SHUT THE FUCK UP.

also timestamp tits or get the fuck out

A Lexus CT.

Stylish, sexy and designed by a woman.

Also it's ok in Belgium for pollution taxes as it's a hybrid vehicle and since it's automatic as standard you don't have to worry for the clutch treatment "woman style".

get the new ones like the Mito +she's cute

>She's a young, up-and-coming designer, and the Jag might put off clients who are more arty-farty than industrialists.

So she is going to take clients in the car? And thus the car must demonstrate some of her style or even offset her looks as she is driving it?

Giulia diesel

or if she can afford, a Mazeratti Ghibli

>it's random suggestions time!

The Giulia is 463 cm and the Ghibli is almost 5 meters long...also they're in two different leagues of price and manteinment expenses.

By the way I approve the Giulia if she needs a car that big, otherwise could fit

mazda 3 grand touring. go for the 2.5 liter if you really want to send her off in style

abarth 124 is going to be god tier, like legitimately the turbo miata the world has always wanted but mazda never gave us

she might prefer the base 124 though, it's more "cute", without the loud exhaust and black good, the abarth is just bonkers silly fun though

and here's the base 124, notice the much less aggressive front end and no accents