/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.miraheze.org/wiki/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q_9SsX7HJhE
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4zours/were_a_trending_subreddit/d6yfapx
gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.en.html
dolphin-emu.org/download/list/Triforce/
github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/4109
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com
stackoverflow.com/questions/2378399/are-64-bit-programs-bigger-and-faster-than-32-bit-versions
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

emulation is a meme

Why is Dragon Quest VIII listed as both a very CPU and GPU intensive game? Doesn't seem like it would be.

bump

youtube.com/watch?v=q_9SsX7HJhE

How do I get games to boot straight to the emulator/core without opening up RetroArch?

Because it is

retroarch -h

but why tho

What?

Any way to increase emulated VMU size for dreamcast on demul?

I updated retroarch and mednafen doesn't recognize my old memory cards anymore. What could be causing that?

Change in folder location. Check your directories for retroarch.

I moved the memory cards from the system directory to the appropriate one (saves), it still doesn't work.

Odd, mine worked after an update. What version did you update from/to?

Uh, now it does, weird.

Open a command prompt in your RA folder, type
>retroarch_debug -h
and press Enter. It should give you all the info you need to make shortcuts or whatever.

I forgot that you have to use debug on windows because idiots like you couldn't figure out how to use the -D option.

Like this:
C:\Users\Jacob\Documents\Emulators\Retroarch\retroarch.exe -L C:\Users\Jacob\Documents\Emulators\Retroarch\cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll "%ROM_RAW%" -f

>I forgot that you have to use debug on windows because idiots like you couldn't figure out how to use the -D option.

I have no idea what you're going on about but the less I have to deal with RetroArch's shitty UI the better.

Use a frontend and that's the correct command.
I use emulationstation.

>absolute paths

Ancient shit from march 2015 to the latest stable. How do I get analog to work again?

It's an option in core options or input.

Actually under "Quick menu", I like how the newer versions are even more obtuse than the old ones.

How is a Quick Menu "more obtuse"?

You don't even make sense

Yeah, that's what I meant, sorry. Quick menu and then core input options.
I set the main input options to retropad w/ analogue which automaps dpad to the analogue stick as well.

What exactly do you want to know by asking why?
The exact inner workings of the game?

>mfw I have no problems with the current menu system

Are people just retarded or something?

I don't have any problems with the menu. I'd just rather click on a shortcut than navigate through what looks like a Chinese knockoff of the PS3 XMB menu.

Is there an undub ISO of FF Dissidia Duodecim that actually works? The only one I could find only has battle dialogues in jap and crash at almost every loading screen.

Just use the drag and drop support mudlord added in

>undub

Try Nicoblog maybe?

>check Nicoblog
>all files are hosted on adf.ly and other sites of the same quality
Why?

How can you even play with Laguna's horrible dub?

Just use a decrypting site then.

How can you even play when everyone is speaking Chinese?

Subtitles

None of the voices in Dissidia 012 were horrible. Some were very good, like Chaos or Kefka

Its a matter of opinion lad. Why exactly are you bothered with someone playing a game the way they want to?

Kefka is nice but sadly he's great in Jap.
Chaos is legit good, but seriously, some like Kuja, Laguna or Squall are simply horrible compared to the original one.

And how could I forget the abomination that was Zidane

Should cracktros/intros be preserved?

Probably, and they are pretty interesting.

At the same time, I don't think it would be a tragedy if some were lost forever.

Most importantly, they should never ever be kept in the same archive as the games they were intros for.

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4zours/were_a_trending_subreddit/d6yfapx

Don't bully the poor wittle CEMU devs /emugen/ you are literally hurting their feelings ;___;

why is emugen so dead?

Because emulation has been perfected so there is no longer anything to complain about.

Start emulating PS4.

It's already possible to emulate no games though, user.

I have some nostalgia for them. They were pretty cool sometimes.

the fact that lakka is a copy of sony ui really fucks with my ui autism.. its like im using a cheap tryhard clone. like i installed some windows osx theme, or some linux icon pack... FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about the Vita?

May as well buy one and hack it given that it's possible now.

Why is PCSX2 only 32-bit?

How do I update PCSX2 from 1.4.0 to the newest dev build? Just put the new exe in the old folder?

What're all y'all emulatin' on this fine Saturday night?

Why would you want a dub?

Trying to unlock the eternal modes in Katamari Damacy

Because making it 64-bit would add nothing so its maintainers don't bother besides an occasional tweak here or there that will end in it being 64-bit by about 2023.

Why would you want to read subtitles all the time?
It's distracting

You'll need most stuff that isn't config files.
Make a separate folder with the new dev build and then copy across your memcards and settings files like .inis and stuff.
Sometimes on install it recognises the previous install and will actually copy your settings from there.

>I'm too stupid to understand anything other than WIMP UIs.

Any idea why the wiki pulls up the mobile version on desktop now? It wasn't doing it this morning but it is now, and it's driving me crazy.

All the cool kids have moved to /r/emulation.

huh
i can't find anything in the pcsx2 folder
am i dumb
probably

What's happening to the wiki?

Did this to me too
I just bookmarked the force desktop link

click on desktop on the bottom and bookmark that
i'll update the link in the next thread

Switch to desktop.

Thanks, just did.

I did that, but clicking on any article link switches you back to mobile.

/r/emulation had so many posts it had to make a special thread just for questions.

Emugen has to regularly be bumped.

ah fuck it does
i'm going to see if i can message the guys hosting us

>b-b-b-but Linux
>hold my hand, senpai

Maybe watching 70 days of anime has made me accustomed to it.

gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.en.html

Ignore the picture and everything above it.

Make a usable OS

Because incompetence.

Windows baby for 20 years here. Of course you're going to think Linux is complicated, you've been desensitized to sucking m$ dick. Linux is superior in so many ways it's ridiculous.

How's Triforce in Dolphin? Wanna play some Mario Kart Arcade GP.

If I had tried to learn Linux first I probably never would've used a computer ;)

dolphin-emu.org/download/list/Triforce/

>2 years, 7 months ago

Underage detected.

sad
i heard the wii can run it
i should really hack my wii god damn i am late to the party

github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/4109

It's dead son

I'm not American/British, you get used to it and reading subtitles doesn't distract you from the action if you are used to it and if you are not a fucking retard

Vulkan in Dolphin any minute r-right?

Does anyone have those pics with video game recommendations by console? I want make sure to try all the obvious and best regarded games in every console.

> JMC47 commented
> This is a good day for TriForce emulation

What a fucking asshole

vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com

>Because making it 64-bit would add nothing
do you even code, bro? cause 64-bit would help performance..

Nah, I first used a PC back in like 1995

Thanks fampai, didn't know about that website. Although it seems to be abandoned, old games don't really change.

stackoverflow.com/questions/2378399/are-64-bit-programs-bigger-and-faster-than-32-bit-versions

That's what I thought but PCSX2's devs have said it would not.

Wait, it's been a while since I last been here , why aren't we using the gametech wiki anymore?

It's gone offline.

dude hosting it died or something

And you never used DOS during that time? Sad.