/vn/ - Forbidden Love Edition

Visual Novel General #1179

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT

>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:

1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Visual Novel Translation Status
warosu.org/jp/?task=search2&search_tripcode=!!UcDDlzwANFs&search_op=op

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous threads:
pastebin.com/zeiYgLrs/

This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.

Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sAJrycALOpY
omochikaeri.wordpress.com/2016/08/24/august-2016-eroge-releases/
pastebin.com/nk2b7pFN
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can you not fuck with the OP? Retard.

Reminder that any and all moe discussion goes to /moe/.

Use the other thread, retard.

Real Thread:

Use the other thread, retard.

Why is their thread always better?

>Sabotaged OP

EOP please.

EOPs.

Why didn't SP license this instead...

youtu.be/sAJrycALOpY

さんって?テオドール様と言うよ!

Post VNs EO readers can't understand.

Anything new in the last 1-2 months?

Fata Morgana. It's kamige.

Giniro and Heart came out literally yesterday

>other thread with English translated only visual novels in the OP got deleted
EOPs on fucking suicide watch.

Even worse, Moogy thread is still up.

EOPs.

Hey, fatefag
How about a new war against the jannies

Three threads at the same time, damn. Anyway, since this is the real one: Why are short haired girls so superior?

>EOP/JOP shitposting will never trigger an instant ban

Who is servant?

Fuck off all EOPs and kill yourselves

Thank you for fixing the OP.

>Giniro and Heart
What?

Giniro and Heart

Giniiro Haruka and Baldr Heart

Giniro Haruka and Baldr Heart silly EOP

What if I'm a PEOP (Portuguese and English only patrician)?

Go to /jp/

>Giniiro Haruka and Baldr Heart
Am I missing something?

www.google.com

I don't think so.

Damn. I'm watching random pieces of eroge on youtube and it's a damn nice feel when you're able to understand full sentences

now I have eninem in my head, thanks

No 問題。

Has this been translated?

Sounds interesting.

LOL

It just came out so no. Dumb EOP.

It used to, and the gen almost died because almost everyone was banned.

I feel this thread has way too many lurkers or 1 post posters, most of the thread is basically the same 10 people posting over and over again

Nah, man. We already have 18 dudes in here

Hoshi Ori is the moege that was so easy I put it under the example of easy moege in this image

You mean every moege.

>1 post posters

Learn to read you dumb 2-inch cock, basement dweller, kiddy fiddler EOP

Nah, man. Everyone in here has posted at least twice and the thread has just started

I used to post a lot and realized it was pointless. If you write something worth reading most people will tell you to write a blog or fuck off.

Oh well, it's a start. Who would have thought the japanese grammar guide would work?

There's most likely also people who enjoyed your post but didn't respond user. Don't get swayed by the vocal minority.

>言うよ
>not 呼んでよ

Shit. Beginner's mistake

What was the general reception of Robotics;Notes, good? Bad? If anyone here played it, what do you think about it?

Bad. The only truly good ; games are:
Steins;Gate
Steins;Gate 0
Chaos;Child
As of right now. Maybe Anonymous;Code and Occultic;Nine turn out to be good though, I'm fairly optimistic about those.

EOP=English Only Posters?

Plebs

Heard Chaos:Head Noah is very good tho, or is it a case of a VN been less bad but still bad?

I enjoy it when people make blogposts.

That's just an extended edition of Chaos;Head, which yes, is really bad.

Yeah, that's why I said there's a lot of lurkers that do enjoy long posts or VN discussion (and that's fucking hilarious because we are in the VN general) but don't post because there's dedicated shitposters that tell everyone to fuck off

I felt Chaos;Head only excelled at building a really good atmosphere but then fucked it up with the gay swords and that shit tier ending

Swords themselves weren't really the problem, see Chaos;Child. The scenario was just all around nonsensical. Good thing they swapped writers between the games, Eiji Umehara is much better.

I guess it's true when they say
with Eiji comes wisdom.

delete this

Harsh words from a public in love with chuuni VNs.

wat game

Alright, I'll bite.

Utawarerumono is quite possibly one of the most underrated, under discussed, under appreciated english translated visual novel. Some people will say no one talks about it because it's old, but we talk about FSN and other old games all the time. Some people will ignorantly say, it's because the novel is no good. Even though it ranked number 1 on 2ch's game of the year significantly above BALDR FORCE and Kusarihime, two major games that on their own deserve translations. Some people will say, it's no longer relevant, even as Utawarerumono 2 outsold every vn last last year and the accompanying anime was well received. In addition to Utawarerumono 2's squeal is less than 2 months away, a visual novel can't be anymore relevant.

Why is it so? Why is a confirmed kamige with great writing, amazing characters, deep lore, deep history, elements of scifi, fantasy, and religion being ignored? While Fate gets masturbated daily?

Explain to me right now, why you have not read Utawarerumono.

I have.

Touka is the best girl.

Use the reverse Google search buttons, they're there for a reason.
It's Chaos;Head

It's not underrated or anything like that. People precisely don't talk about it because it's old. Something huge with meme potential like Fate still getting talked about doesn't really contradict that. Doesn't help that game 2 and 3 are console only. And the Uta2 anime was anything but good.

I hope this wasn't meant to be the post "worth reading" when you did nothing but throw around buzzwords and talk about how you don't like Fate.

I'll try it, will be my first VN with gameplay elements

What?

I actually love fate, but it is over discussed.

What's confusing? There's several results in that picture, click any of them. The "and" separates two games in case you're very slow in the head.

I played it. I enjoyed it a lot. I discussed it a lot and don't really feel like adding anything besides just saying I really liked Oboro and the MCs voice.
I also greatly enjoyed reading the posts of one guy playing through it. He posted the H-CGs with the lewd bits covered by Oboro faces. It was pretty fun when this general wasn't shitposting 24/7.

Also, not interested in getting a console so no sequels for me.

>Also, not interested in getting a console so no sequels for me.
>Doesn't help that game 2 and 3 are console only.

Is it that you don't want to get the console version, or you don't play games you can't pirate? You are saying that if a translation came out today for the ps3/4vita you would not even bother?

You can't get a console version and put it into your PC. You first need the console itself, which is expensive and a bad investment if you don't want anything else.

Has its translation received moogy's seal of approval?

Well for one it being old does play a factor in people discussing it. It's also linear meaning there won't be a wide berth of discussion compared to Fate which has multiple routes making discussions about events in certain routes and character motivations in each route add to more discussion. Also Fate has multiple spinoff LNs and stuff that have been/are being translated while there isn't a really high chance of the sequels of Utawarerumono being done meaning there's no real way us EOPs can discuss it. I also heard the anime was shit and changed a lot of stuff.

It was translated by the same guy who did Fate and Tsukihime, so probably not

Baldr Heart, more like Baldr Fart

Literally who?

Have to open the box to tell the name.

A fellow portuguese man. omochikaeri.wordpress.com/2016/08/24/august-2016-eroge-releases/ have they forgotten it got BTFO'd by Zen?

I don't want a console, and if I had money for one, I'd rather use it for PC parts or a new Laptop since the one I have for VN reading is like 10 years old.

what philisophical and medical works do I need to read in order to understand katawa shoujo beyond a surface level?

Human all too human.

The Voynich manuscript

What games?

The beauty of /evn/ is that you can just dive in. No philosophical BS needed.

What books should I read to sound like a pretentious little shit?

Let's make /vn/ a Yuritopia!

Mein Kampf

the bible

pastebin.com/nk2b7pFN