/cfog/ - Classic Fallout (& New Vegas) General

Energy weapons are the freakin' bomb edition.

>Fallout 1 and 2
>Mods and Patches
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV
>Fallout 1.5: Resurrection
resurrection.cz/en/

>Fallout: New Vegas
>General Information, Recommendations, Run Ideas, etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
(Updates in progress)

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository (Mods, Rips, etc):
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc
>VGU (Rips):
pastebin.com/v1adFSwj
pastebin.com/S2eDehza

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9034/?
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/347149942/#347163957
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ENCLAVE here. Why isn't your video feed working?

best energy weapon

>entire general just for some old edgy spotty unfinished RPG's from the 90's that literally only exists as a middle finger to the main general for the wildly more popular reimagining of that series

you can't justify this shit when there's no Arcanum or Shadowrun/Baldur's Gate generals, only that you're immensely butthurt.

People want it. They got it. End of discussion.

Correct, user.

Why doesn't NCR have combat medics?

what do it get?

But, user-kun. The mods from /v/ were the ones that moved us here.

A penis

Fog here, please let them keep it.
Life is a lot easier this way.

So you're confirming your entire motivation for this general is because all of you are just extremely mad something shitty got popular, so instead of making something genuinely out of love of classic RPG's you're just making one for classic Fallout specifically because you're just mad at the new fans and the new games.

you know what being right is reward enough.

Don't you have "denuvo btfo" threads to make on /v/?

Yes.

You get my respect.

#NotAnArgument.
Not that I was expecting logic out of all your wound up hordes of angry fanboys.
I'm not saying 4 wasn't shit and that the classics weren't decent, but you guys are fooling yourselves if you think you're not just taking up board space with this general. It's literally a containment thread.

>a board of generals
>taking space
^:)

Hows it feel knowing that Bethesda is going full zynga on you all? lmao.

I'm not a Bethesda fanboy. I didn't even play 4. I just think a general literally using up board space just to contain really butthurt fans is just a waste.

But I'm not mad that Fallout is popular. If people want to go and enjoy FO4, why would I want to stop that? I fucking hate FO4, but I know people DO enjoy it. But that doesn't meant I don't want to discuss the original games and New Vegas.

Is it really that hard to comprehend that people love the classic games so much that they need their own general for it?

How about /pg/? they've been seperate from SMT for like 5 years, nobody complained.

Reposting from last thread.

Next time you start a thread OP, include this image as a link. I feel that at least one person every thread is going to ask "hurr why does /cfog/ exist?"

Call the cops if you care so much about a thread clogging up board that was from the beginning created for sole purpose of containment.

The concept is really fucking easy to understand: If people really care, the general survives with no further disruption (really, the only ones who have been shitting this place up are you and some faggot getting contantly triggeredby the mere mention of tripfags), so WHO here is the mad one?

Certainly not us.

Also this

Just saying if it weren't for people like Courier who always wanted to stir up shit in /fog/ you wouldn't need TWO Generals for ONE Series. Or you could be using some of that energy into making an actually good 'Fallout' that you wanted instead of sulking in your site-mandated "Safe Space" because of the big evil game company making your series for a different audience. But if the Mods want it so be it. I'm just making an observation on how petty it seems to me.

Then fucking filter it nigger, if you don't like it no one cares

Are you implying I'm some mad Bethesda fanboy? I played Fallout only once years ago. I just know of the extremely divided 'fandom' and seeing two generals for the ONE series in Veeky Forums just made me laugh.

You know, the only one who seems extremely mad here is you.

>courier
>coming back
I'm sorry user
t. guy with a crush on courier who knows he isn't coming back

I'm really not. I just think this whole concept is hilarious.

Good for you.
Go away.

Did you even read

>It's literally a containment thread.

It's a general. All generals are containment threads. Do you actually not know this?

user, this is for the better. I promise.

Can we just ignore the shitposter and move on?

Not at all, I am implying you are wasting your time on something literally only you care about. /fog/ doesn't care, mods don't care (as has been said already, they send us here).

I don't give a fuck if like Fallout 1,2,4 or whatever you play. The only thing you are is waste of time.
So have a last (You), save it for bad times.

No he must be fed (You)'s

What, and ruin his whole day? Have you no heart?

i think the amount of replies he got is more a testament to how reactionary this general is

are you implying we're different from any other thread (or general) on Veeky Forums

there's a reason why those bait images exist.

Rate it from someone who has no fucking idea what to do.

Do I look like a fucking arms caravan to you?
Do you think the Gun Runners keep the NCR military supplied by carrying weapons and ammo from the Boneyard out here by the armload?
Get a clue. We have caravans. We deal in bulk.

it's highly recommended you take the gifted trait and max out your agility assuming this is your first run)

Is this 1 or 2? If it's 1 then it'd be worth it to take a point or two from CH and put it into something else. Either IN or AG imo.

Will do.

Post your gunfus

>Chem Resistant
Ch of 5 is unnecessary and I personally would have an End of 4. If you pick gifted like the user above mentioned then reallocate stats accordingly.

>anons face when NV inspires more discussion than FO4 and it's... Um... Yeah... Topics... For discussion
> Topics and discussion are things possible in the Fallout games before 4, don't worry though "senpai" we're making things more understandable for you as the sequels go, until we don't need to make money off these fucking nerds who enjoy their "world-building" and "characterisation" and whatever other weird words they invented in high school while I was sacking my rich dad's cock

They're so entitled.

I don't think you need that much END

I always shoot the asshole.

Charisma is never worth it in any of the Fallout games whatsoever, no matter what people tell you. It may seem contradictory to say that it's a useless stat where its dependent on the whole "roleplaying" aspect, but ultimately, it's just worthless no matter how it's executed or done, save for like Tactics, I would think. Set it to one and enjoy the free shit.

Put those Special Points into Intelligence. Please do it. Trust me, you get Intelligence up crazy far, you'll be swimming in skill points later on, which is what you'll want in a game based around getting as much benefit as you can.

Sneak is pretty good, but I'd also tag Lockpick for the sheer benefit it brings. Small Guns is kind of iffy, as I always leave that untagged, but given this is your first time, I'd recommend you keep it tagged for now so you can have a good course of action. Otherwise, not much there. Honestly, you did good on tagged skills

This. Don't forget your INT determines Skill Points per level. Put your excess points into that.

The vault dweller would gizz his pants over this....

You put points into whatever you want. It's a ROLE playing game. You won't get the true experience and learning curve if you get all the answers right off the bat. Play whatever you want, whoever you want.

>not having a huge posse of companions in FO2
Shame on you, user.

>Charisma is never worth it in any of the Fallout games whatsoever

t. Legion playthrough runner

>congrats on finding 10 water chips, but now you must defeat 10 mutant armies

Agility should be 9 or 10, sneak isn't that useful in the game, your intelligence is kinda low and will lock you out of some dialogue options.
It's still fine though, just don't lower the intelligence anymore or you'll basically fuck the game up.

because /fog/ isnt being helpful, what fo4 mods can i get that make it more like new vegas

I will admit that Charisma has its values for playthroughs with companions, and I always try to incorporate some Charisma into my characters at least somehow (as low as it may be) to enjoy the company of kickass companions like Marcus/Goris, but I'm sorry, man. Charisma's just a prime-time dump stat as compared to the effectiveness of practically every other stat in the game in my opinion, and I really do wish that they'd figure out something remarkably cool with it soon.

Thanks for the tips guys, will be a 2 point CHR with 10 AG/INT.
I just don't want to be raped and playing melee isn't something I enjoy.

Fallout 2 is the only Fallout game that actually made CH useful, since it determined how many companions you could have with you at once. New Vegas really, REALLY should have kept that idea.

You just made the game a lot easier for yourself, user. Have fun.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9034/?

But really, last time I checked there wasn't anything that made it comparable. Maybe someone will make a nice overhaul mod down the road.

Hey guys, I'm wanting to mod Fallout 2 to add more content; what are the main limitations of the system, and what should I know before going into it?

I aim to include two new states.

If you want any interesting dialogue choices, I'd raise your intelligence. Drugs are nearly as common as they are in the 3D Fallouts so you might find Chem Resistant boring. Sneaking isn't terribly exciting either, but if you want to bypass an ugly fight, then know I snuck through the entire final dungeon - so if that sounds like your bag, more power to you.

I feel as though that it only began to really scratch the surface of what Charisma could do in terms of how well it could be managed. Even though Companions were radical as hell, you'd still be able to get off just fine with about 3/4 Charisma overall. Though it does encourage utilization of companions most definitely if your character isn't a 10AGI/INT gun trotting badass with 300 skill points under his belt to be able to master anything at any given moment, I'm still sad that there hasn't really been a game where it's been reliably "figured out" so to speak.

It got close, with Fallout 2, trust me, but I do wish that they'd make something really interesting with it that makes it a strange sort of mechanic, but way more reliable than any of the others once you've got it under control.

That's just me, though. Trust me when I say that I've done playthroughs with Charisma up the ass, but I generally just find myself doing better at shit in general with having my SPECIAL points put into something that gives me benefits in the now rather than some inclusion of the battle that may or may not work out as well as I'd hope they would.

Call me a greedy man, but hell, dude, that's just me.

All high charisma made companions nigh-unkillable in NV, didn't it? Whereas Raul kept getting his shit pushed in by Legion ambushes when I did my 2 CHA run.

Charisma adds a hidden stat called Companion Nerve, which is 5% bonus to armor and damage. Max is +50% with 10 charisma

So hidden, the game outright tells you about it!

Yeah in loading screens, but the stat itself isn't visible.

Gee Bill! How come your mom lets you have TWO threads?

Yeah, it's called Nerve. Higher your Charisma, the higher their damage resistances and shit is, with 10 making them have on like two fucking invisible power armors, and 1 has them taking the same amount of damage as any other NPC would in that given situation.

It was a very unique idea, but ultimately given the fact that Hardmode was the only way for a Companion to "die", it sort of just became a game of aggro control for lower charisma characters, which usually didn't really mean jack shit if you utilized weapons and picked off enemies reliably before they even got to you.

It was a very nice idea, but it's moreso suited to isometric RPG shit rather than the FPS route that the game has taken.

>Classic Fallout (& New Vegas) General
>(& New Vegas)
Are you fucking idiots RETARDED?

What's the issue?

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/347149942/#347163957

New Vegas has no reason to be with the classics

Only a literal moron would assume this just to stray from being a "bethesdadrone"

But it's not with the classics.
That's why it's a classic Fallout AND New Vegas general.

What's with the influx of retards coming in this afternoon?

Your thread is literally so fucking awful you have to make your way over here and beg for attention
Fucking kill yourselves

>try to use a stimpak
>stimpak the radscorpion
THE ULTIMATE RETARD

tired of the shit over the forbidden general I guess

>shoot somebody
>stimpak them
>shoot them again
D A M A G E D

>implying I am from the other Fallout general

All fallout games are garbage. I am just here to laugh at you retarded spergs needing TWO threads to contain your autism. Personafags hate each other and even day manage to live within the same threads, but you spergs cant.

Fuck off then

Nah dude this thread is hilarious. As long as the butthurt keeps going I will be staying here.

No, trust me user, I understand what you're saying and I agree with you. I wish it had more to it too. Fallout 2 got damn close though.

What butthurt mang, its two shitposters whining how they can't have two threads

Maybe he's trying to OD the scorpion on Stimpak

Have you honestly got nothing better to do?

So in Tactics, what is king and what is practical? ballistics weapons or energy weapons?

Exams are over and the new semester starts in 3 weeks.

There is no better time to waste my time on the internet and laugh about people getting butthurt.

Plotlines from the first two are woven into New Vegas. Fallout 3 and 4's plots, while part of the same canon, are largely their own animal.

I'm ashamed to say I didn't know this. It made more sense to me to put Fallout 3 and ever game after into one general because of the fps inclusion, you know?

I only played 3 and NV, and don't come to this general, why did you guys split?

I mean, nobody is getting butthurt, but whatever floats your boat.

What are you studying?

New Vegas uses tons of unused content from Black Isle's cancelled Fallout 3 as well.

Reminder that mods are gods

WHAT IS THIS MOD

Ammo checker or something