Trade in

Hey Veeky Forums,

Is there any reason I should not trade in my 2016 Jag F-type R for a slightly used Aston Martin Rapide? I need more space but want something with a little more character than an M6 or AMG car.

>N/A V12
>stunning exterior
>amazing engine sound
>$200k quality car for less than $100k
>depreciation is irrelevant, it's already depreciated for the most part
>maintenance costs are a nonissue, I'm rich

Downsides? Pic related, car I'm getting rid of.

Was the F-Type really that bad thay you want to get rid of it so fast? Or do you get bored with pretty much any car within a year or two?

It's not a bad car at all, in fact I love it. Most fun car I've ever driven and I've driven quite a few high end and exotics. I just need something bigger...my one complaint with it is it's badly packaged. Huge blind spots (unfortunately pretty common these days), poor trunk space (though better than the convertible), and most relevant for me only 2 seats. Obviously I knew these things going in but I recently bought a dog and though he is still a puppy he's too big to lay in the front seat!

It's a great car, just more of a weekender. It's a headache to live with as a DD. I normally trade cars every 2 years but because of my work I need to get out of this one sooner rather than later as I do a lot of distance traveling and the suspension is backbreaking on 6 hour drives.

I suggest an Audi RS6!

>im rich
>considers a used Aston

Okay bud lol. You dont even have a garage but think what you want

buy an A7
amazing comfort
immediately recognizable style and character
plenty of room

If you want a living room and like being OG, consider an old maybach. If you want amenities and want to blend in until you step on the gas, consider a fully optioned Equus.

I help people purchase vehicles within criteria, some exotics, some classics. Tell me more about what you're looking for and what you've driven.

>getting rid of a Jag

The Rapide is hands down the best exec/luxury perf. car I've ever driven and it feels like a really nice blend of comfort and control. I dont know why everyone that has a fricken Panamera doesn't have a Rapide instead, it boggles the mind

>Rapide
You have a funny way to spell Quattroporte.

>Okay bud lol. You dont even have a garage but think what you want

Seriously. And is that an SX4 next to the Ftype?

Kek, do you think I'd be rich if I bought a car that loses $100k in value over the first 20k miles?

I'm not interested in Audi, they are boring to me.

>Equus

I'm only buying German or AM. Past cars have been Range Rovers, 13 CTS-V, Panamera turbo, Continental GT

I want to do a direct trade. I paid for the jag upfront so I want something near its value which is roughly around 75-85k factoring in depreciation. Optioned out. Rapide fits nicely in that range. No old cars. Need 4 doors. Must be at least as interesting as the jag.

You have your answer right there: Rapide

Get it, you won't regret it.

Maserati's are boring

There's nothing particularly outstanding about a rapide other than "it's an Aston, look at me I'm different,"

Like an S65 coupe is better in every way statistically, you know?

If you want a cool car I'd do it, but just a reminder that being cool is the selling point.

i don't think anyone buys an Aston for performance figures or paper superiority.

>"it's an automatic"

>and then he said it was fast

Post a pic of your pupper

This

rich people dont talk about their money so much

there is a reason OPs car wasnt custom built

Here you go, this is Edgar.

Ok whatever you say. I just said that to make it clear maintenance costs aren't an issue for me.

>maintenance costs aren't an issue
Your lawn would beg to differ

Wow what a dog. Belissimo.
Thanks for posting

Get an XJR. Especially if you want it for work.

The thing is that Jaguars nowadays are mass produced, reliable cars. Astons, as much as I may love them, are going to break down all the time. Even if you don't care about the price of the repairs, it's still rather idiotic to have it spend one third of the time sitting in the shop.

Do they have a reputation for unreliability? Based on some short Internet research I haven't seen that at all from Aston owners and forums. The cars I'm looking at only have around 10-15k miles on them and come with unlimited mileage multiple year warranties....but still obviously I would rather avoid dealing with the headache of a car always in a shop as it will be my DD.

G U I L A
U
I
L
A

Aston owners are very passionate about their brand, and generally pour an unjustifiable amount of money into their cars, so it's reasonable to expect they will rather biased. I only know a couple of people with astons, and while they seemed to enjoy them, they always used their big mercs/audis/jags to travel across europe.

Honestly, it's impossible to expect a small specialized ultra-luxury brand to produce a car as reliable as a mass produced one.

the rapide is with the 8 speed gearbox or the old and clunky 6 speed??

I really like the rapide based on what is like (I've had the luxury of driving a db9, the rapide seems to be one with an extra door), however the whale face just takes the aston martin aesthetic away from it. Personally I'd recommend the xjr as it was just as comfortable and as the db9, with 4 doors and probably more reliable/easier to find a dealer network.

Old model so 6 speed. I'll have to test drive one to see if I can live with it. I've had my fill of balls to the wall sports cars for now, really just looking for a beautiful GT.

I'd like to get an XJR but really want something made by someone other than Jaguar.

Came here to suggest this OP

Should have got the V6,RWD,Manual F-type for 65k, but you fucked that up.