/ovg/- OVGEC when?

Previous thread: Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about sim racing and racing with us!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JH1GtEZsS_8#t=2m5s
youtube.com/watch?v=KIARELh70rM
dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/15874/ovgwrc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>GTE results messed up
toole pls

>only got to use my skin that i spent a whole day on for 1 race because series got cancelled
still annoys me to this day

>got to use my skin for 2 races which is slightly longer than i spent on it
sux 2 b u

it does indeed
i dont even have the mod anymore so i cant go out and use it so it pretty much went to waste rip
i learnt my lesson on not spending much time on skins, instead spending the time in getting gud™

>probably the best skin I made up until that point
>only 2 races
>reinstalled the game
>deleted all the skins for some dumb reason
>can't find the psd files for any of my skins anymore (even from other games), so I'll never be able to use it again

;-;

Oh look, it's Isaac with his (totally white)argentinian and (totally not poor)greek lackeys.
Did you run out of gulf liveries to use for that league?

Why bother getting gud when

>be new
>notice there's gonna be a gt3 series I could jump in and meet everyone and shit
>make a skin, like it quite a lot
>series dies
>still friendless

at least you actually got to use your skin, i made mine and because i couldnt do the first race it never even went into use
also
>not backing up your skins
>

>mfw tooley is still mad I managed to catch up to him and take 2nd away

sry tooley

you aren't lynx, lynx died after a crash that was caused by his ecoboost going too fast

the standings are the wrong way around, srdjan is the porsche and lynx is the aston

see i was right lynx did die

What was the plan for class requirements in RanWEC? Is it run whatever class you want or will there be restrictions?

Just asking out of curiosity, my slow dick will be in GT.

Ranek pls put shitters in P1 and aliens in GTE

>the stages aren't that short
yes they are, as well as horribly repetitive. every country has only two 10km stages that you drive full and half length in each direction

>mfw i can't find my Nuricom PV i did with RBDK for OVGEC

>tfw you realize that this entire new codies image requires them to play fair dev - and not release dlcs
>tfw there will be dirt rally 2 in a year or two, and it'll be just as poor in terms of content again just to make people buy next series installment
>tfw it's rally2kguy but he's actually kinda right
life is hard

It's gonna be Dirt 4 I reckon.

I've given it some thought and I still don't know how to decided the classes. I feel that GTE and P2 should be open to all, but I don't know what to do about P1.

>i made mine and because i couldnt do the first race it never even went into use
I feel you famaladingdong

Well, you're right, they are short, 1:30-2:00 for sprints in avg times, but I mean they aren't under a minute short.

Can I drive a monster truck?

Never5get

>V6
Fuck those modders.

The shitters in P1 is actually pretty gud idea - it's only shitters that think P1s are good anyway.

Don't run it, probably.

>not P1 and Clio Cup

>try lancia for the first time for FUN
>it's way too FUN for my mad skillz
>among the slowest in event
No wonder, but it was nice, can't wait for next season.

Why not put the slower people in P1s or maybe have a test race and based on who has the cleanest race like the top 10 clean people they can run P1

Why not like real life?
"gentlemen drivers" aka old farts with money aka shitters drive in GTE
P2 would be 2 pros and one amateur, but since it's not endurance with multiple drivers I guess it goes for not so shit not quite fast people.
P1 for fast.
Aliens wherever they want.

>why not have P1s holding up the P2s in the corners
Yeah what a great idea

>not wanting to be a "gentlemen driver" aka old fart with money one day
it's the only way we'll ever get to drive at le mans user

since /ovg/ is in major decline and we don't have the high numbers we used to there's no point in restricting classes. everyone should be allowed to drive whatever they want to encourage participation tbqh

>Multi class racing
>implying there won't be any form of holding up in corners regardless of driver skill and class
Yeah okay

How about you fuck off instead of pedalling this tired meme every chance you get? :^)

Well yes, obviously.
Well there's usually touring cars if you have a national series, mine has super v8s and v6s now.
Karting at the very least if you don't have other friends with money to sponsor you.

What's it like being a complete fucking moron?

how many races did the last gt3 series get before numbers dropped below 14? was that a meme?

Use your words

>it's a tripfags that have raced 15 times and watched racing on TV in the background for a year think they know what the fuck they're doing episode

Sorry I didn't know the all knowing was here, please forgive my lack of experience

>tfw you have less actual racing experience than based POWERRRRRR

>actual racing

Do we really need a P1 though? I mean are any Enduracers P1s coming out soon or would we run URD P1 and GTE with Enduracers P2?

I feel like just doing P2 and GTE would be fine.

Lowest numbers were like 26 and that was because people were at bongs for a touring car race lel

fuck off newfag

Make all the classes open to who ever wants to join. Restricting classes never worked in both ovgec and ovgtp. Also reminder this is a Veeky Forums series made for fun!

>implying there was any real restriction when any and all shitters that actually bothered to race P2 in the test race were allowed to race in P2
>and then Tomthy was allowed to race in P2 anyways because Kita wasn't enough people who should have been banned already

Wow thanks for proving my point funny green text man

Does anybody want to play NFS15 on PS4? I don't really have anybody to race against or compare cars with, and there's a way to play with friends, right?
I know that people dont really like NFS15, but it's kind of fun.

Good finish.

I play on PS4
Posting my Hornet I just made again

>1mil
How? I have such a hard time getting money.

Please do not get into accidents with Kirino on the car kudasai

It was Mario's accident

Before a patch there was a bug where you could sell one of the cars for more than it was worth if you had the deluxe edition with the discount code so I exploited it and never had money trouble after
Need to update this pic to all the cars I have now since the garage exansion

>dat sileighty
senpai I want it

The G29 does not operate on the Xbone.
The G920 is the Xbone version, but it has a more G27-like button layout, as opposed to the 29's DFGT-style controls.

>that MW M3 GTR
IMO it's one of the best signature cars of a racing game (not counting real ones), it's not the goat but it certainly is memorable. Which was nice since Underground had cool designs, like the hello kitty (and the graffiti version) civic, the integra from the dream start, the black 350z of the dude, etc. Even if it was plagued with rice, it was cool rice. BUT U2 had shit ones imo, I don't remember liking many, and the cover 350z in lime metallic green wasn't appealing.

Nice Sileighty, put Mako and Sayuki as a small detail decal somewhere pls.

>literally a year ago
>this salty-ass mothercuck is still mad

That M3 GTR was the actual race car, just with a paintjob. Too bad it got rekt by the 911 in every race it ever entered.

Go back to tumblr Tomthy

>it goes for not so shit not quite fast people.
Literally me

But that's wrong, you retard.

Won the Drivers' and Teams' ALMS GT Championships in 2001, then ALMS essentially outlawed it by modifying rules surround eligibility of cars.

Then it came back a few years later, winning the Nurburgring 24hr in 2004 and 2005

Do you drive an M3 or something?

>/ovg/
>not making blatantly retarded shit up about things they know nothing about

It's one of the most famous cheater cars in sports car racing history. The thing was fucking hilarious, it didn't even vaguely resemble a street car under the hood, it sounded like an LMP675 car running an F1 derived engine, and it was closer to GTS than the rest of the GT field half the time.

>totally legit production based racing car guys
youtube.com/watch?v=JH1GtEZsS_8#t=2m5s

>>it's way too FUN for my mad skillz
Welcome to fun land, enjoy your stay and don't forget the eurobeat.

>gamepad

You deserved it m8, that's the worst livery

Some of us are broke famalam

Nah just a broken wheel. The only thing that is consistent is the maximum values so I can't make small smooth adjustments.

youtube.com/watch?v=KIARELh70rM

whats with australians and 2nd place?

>since it's not endurance with multiple drivers
Yes, but why isn't it?

>

Reminder that an Australian literally won the /ovgp2/ championship

/ovgec/ when

DIRT RALLY OVG EVENT UPDATE
I did what i'm very best at and i fucked up again. If i'm not mistaken, this week event became today event - like, it'll end in 24 hours. Well, it's a minor drawback (at least it's not accidental one month event like last time), just don't be suprised if your today score will disappear tommorow.

I begin to suspect that i'm not the one at fault. I remember clearly that i set right dates, i remember calendar thingie showing one week in different color. Their script is fucked up.

I think i'll set up same events again in two days from now. Feel free to race in this ones if you want though, i just doubt there will be more than five players who can find a moment to finish it in the middle of the week.

dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/15874/ovgwrc

I'm thinking about buying Wreckfest in the next Steam sale, so I have some questions to the people here that already own this game

>How good is the wheel support?
>How good is the development progress (as in how regular updates come out, how much new content comes out, etc)
>I heard that mod support has been added fairly recently. Are there any good mods out yet?

Wheel support is decent. Not outstanding, but it's somewhat good, and they seem to care enough
I'm not even gonna bother with the second question, this was supposed to come out a long time ago
There are some nice mods, like destruction derby track and some cars.

Also make sure you have a decent enough pc. I have a 280X and 6 core 3.8ghz cpu and I barely get over 30fps with everything on low.

you are forgetting POWERRRR pal

you forgot Malvinas

k-keep them, I-IM AN N-NOT EVEN TRIGGERED

Wat gam

I just checked and 205 may be kinda OP

But screw it, newbie part of league (me included) will have to choose between power + big chance to crash in 205 and flawless 2010's handling anyway. As long as one is not really good player, it's balanced.

>205
>460hp
>910kg

no shit its OP

I have less than 10 hours on DR and have never driven the 205.
I'll jump in to set the shitter pace, as long as I avoid DNF that is.

>460hp
>910kg
>enormous turbolag
>mediocre suspension

power is not everything, especially in curvy-bumpy greece

>mfw crashing my audi
At least it's only a 24 hour event. Fuck Greece.

>that hidden rock in the bush past the first jump.
aaaand it's dead

Is The Crew worth it on PC if I get it cheap on G2A

Are the physics decent enough and what do they most compare to

does drifting feel decent

how many nipponese cars are there, and are there decent toegay routes

Nah, went off the cliff on the third stage.
Pushed too hard after spinning it and hitting the cliff to my right, trying to make up time.
Ended up teaching the Audi to fly.
Worst part is that I had the best stage 2 time.

RANWEC WHEN?

If RANWEC doesn't get something more concrete setup soon, I might just rent a server a do OVGEC with the Enduracers cars in rF1. Because fuck this wait.