Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums,

I wanna get a "sporty" light car, is there a better alternative than the ep3 civic ? I know i could get a FiST or a FoST, but they are close to 20k and i'm not sure i can afford it since i'm moving out in the next year. I'm looking for a car that's cheap to own, low fuel cost and fun all-around.

Pic related, im looking to get this one, it's 9k and it has 130k km on the clock

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1qDSA0PnNck
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2zzge_oil_pump_lobes.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

2005/2006 Corolla XRS

>I wanna get a "sporty" light car
>hatchback
Please stop contributing to this meme

Fuck off ameritard.

Just get a RSX Type S, same thing but better in everyway. Bonus is you don't own a Civic.

>toyota
>sporty

I don't like them, that's why im looking at the ep3 instead of this. Im also looking at civic si 2006 and upward

They're pretty fun, well rounded cars.

E C O B O O S T
C
O
B
O
O
S
T

fuck off with your dirty 9th gen

not your blog

>he bought the worst year civic

fuq u my shit is clean

For 9k you could easily buy a turbo/super charged ep3, or even k20a2/z1 swapped one

>he judges how good a car is by its stock sway bars

>"it's fwd"

>"it's an automatic"

>he bought the best looking civic
ftfy

>and then he said it was fast

>and then he said "i bought a honda"

I'm not buying anything charged/swapped, i don't wanna buy a lemon.

They are double the price thought

>and then he said it makes less than 300 hp

Itt salty Toyota fags spamming

>his car takes longer than 5 seconds to reach 60

>and then he said "i bought a toyota"

>"He then mumbled, 'it's FWD s-so it handles well'"
>"FWD!"

>Assmad nissan fanboi btfo!

More like GM/Ferd shitposters

I'm surprised they can stop fucking their cousins long enough to reply

>his car takes longer than 7:35 seconds to lap the ring

>and then he said his car takes longer than 150 ms to shift
>he actually bought a manual

Ignoring all the baitposting in this thread, you could do worse than an EP3 Civic, I had a friend in college with one and while he riced the fuck out of it, it was still pretty fun car to drive around in with minimal mods.

You could probably do better than 9k for it with that kind of milage, but if it's been looked after it's probably going to last a couple hundred thousand more

>his "luxury" car doesn't have an automatic

>He bought a HYUNDAI Genesis

>and then he said "it's luxurious"

It's not miles thought, that's why its interesting, it's not stock either, there is a stock one 2k lower but it's much less nice.

>his car weighs more than 3000 lbs

Just remember mods don't always add value, sometimes they should be subtracting it.

DC Sports full Race header
Magnaflow full Catback Exhaust
Magnaflow Muffler
Injen Cold Air Intake SP1576
Injen Hyderoshield Pre-Filter

Suspension:

RSX Type S A-Spec 5 Lugs conversion
RSX Type S A-Spec Full Suspension kit
RSX Type S A-Spec Front Control Arms
JDM DC5 ITR Axleshafts
JDM DC5 ITR Front sub frame brace
JDM DC5 ITR rear strut bar gussets
Progress Front 27MM Sway bar
Progress Rear 24MM Sway bar 2 hole adjustment
Progress Rear Brace Assembly
Hotchkis Adjustable Front End links
Hotchkis Adjustable Rear End links
RSX TYPE S A-Spec Tie Rod ends
Energy Suspension complete polyurethane bushing kit, every single bushing has been changed
Ingalls front & rear camber arms

Brakes:

RSX Type S A-Spec Front Calipers (New)
RSX Type S A-Spec Front pads and rotors (New)
RSX Type S A-Spec Rear Calipers (New)
RSX Type S A-Spec Rear Pads and Rotors (New)
RSX Type S A-Spec brake master cylinder
RSX Type S A-Spec proportioning valve
RSX Type S A-Spec brake booster
Russell SS front and rear brake lines (New)

WHEELS & TIRES:

JDM EP3 Type R Wheels
JDM EP3 Type R Center Caps (New)
Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 225/40R17 Performance Tires (New)

EXTERIOR:

HFP EP3 Front Bumper and Lip
HFP EP3 Rear bumper and Lip
HFP Side skirts
HFP Spoiler
JDM EP3 Type R Projector Headlight (HID)
JDM EP3 Type R Tail lights (not installed)
JDM EP3 Type R Headlight Level Adjustment Switch
JDM DC5 ITR Side markers
JDM EP3 Type R Front and rear red "H" badges
PasswordJDM Red Tow hook front and rear (Front not installed)

INTERIOR:

JDM Euro R RECARO Premium seats (same as EP3 Type seats)
JDM EP3 Type R Recaro Rails
JDM EP3 LHD red & black Floor mats
JDM EP3 Type R center console
JDM EP3 Type R shift boot
JDM EP3 Spoon shift knob
JDM EP3 Key Fob (Key is cut and programed)
HFP Carbon fiber Dash kit

I think it isn't so bad. Also this is why i'm also looking for the stock one at 7,5k

>doesn't have the JDM cigarette lighter
>doesn't have the JDM cupholder
>doesn't have the JDM ashtray
Fucking trash.

ikr, but look at the stock one, kinda less interesting isn't it?

It's not fast but it's what I would call sporty.
youtu.be/1qDSA0PnNck

>ep3 over dc5
Then all hope is lost user.

>better alternative than the ep3 civic
Not taking BBC up your boipussy

>Honda

$7500 is a fucking ripoff for a EP3 Si unless it's pretty much a full CTR conversion.

You could find a 80-100k mile 06-11 Civic Si that's a all around better car. Alternatively, Cobalt/HURR SS Turbos. Maybe a WRX if you find one that's somehow still stock after 10-15 years.

Well it is the canadian market, so it sucked for everything. Also i wont be touching an wrx with anything else than a 20 foot long pole. Might as well keep my is300

Ep3 has a better more rigid chassis, ep3 type Rs are faster than dc5rs

Import a Type R Honda then or just come to terms that you won't find anything decent within your budget and should save a couple thousand more.

2008.5+ TSI MKV GTIs are pretty decent too. Look at those

Get an insurance quote on any Civic you look at. Most cars will be cheaper to insure, so you'll have extra money for a more expensive car, or mods. Any non-EP3 Si will also require premium, so factor that into your budget too.

What's your budget? Will it just be a daily? How important is safety to you? Do you drive in snow? Do you ever have passengers?

I had an 2004 EP3 for awhile.

Great car: Great on gas, looks nice, very practical, pretty good aftermarket support.

Only downside is the K20A3. It is quite possibly the worst K-series motor Honda offers. If you can find a swapped car that was done right, jump on it. Even swapping the A2 head (don't forget the oil-pump), and a K-pro will make the car great. Check out an CR-V K24A1 block (I believe those are the ones with the oil squirters).

Also, one thing you absolutely must address first, before all other mods. Shifting bushings. The placement of the shifter is pretty neat, but the bushings in there make 1-2 shifts horrible. Get solid aluminum bushings to replace the rubber, and enjoy much better shifting.

After that, get a CTR or Mugen spoiler. I don't know why they gave that spoiler to the US market, it looks absolutely retarded.

Great car otherwise, just needs shifter bushings and a spoiler.

Search your heart. You know it to be true.

RSX Type-S

Yeah, the EM1 Si

But if I had to get an EP3 I would take some serious consideration into what was saying about the head swap considering it would be the cheapest route to go to get more power, or go K24A2 Bottom with a K20A2 head and some bolt on and get ~300whp

MR2 spyder

2195lbs, like 140hp stock. if youve ever driven a midengine car I recommend going on a test drive. awesome chassis. theyre fairly cheap too

pic mostly unrelated

Celica GT-S, or (checked). Cheaper, so you can spring for the TRD supercharger right away. Be faster than most EP3s out there, plus you have a 6-speed.

2007+ Sentra SE-R Spec V. Same power as a contemporary Civic Si, but usually much cheaper. LSD, 6sp, red seatbelts to pull in mad pussy, etc.

just looked up your ep3, 2600-2700lbs 160hp.

mr2 spyder is looking mighty fine.

I want an mr2 with a 2zz swap as my next car.

except the mr2 is inferior when you actually drive it

>wanting a toyota engine
the only true swap is a k20/k24 swap

im in the same boat, last few days iv been researching the 1zz and 2zz, specifically the vvtLi 2zz head is impressive as fuck.

the 2zz seems to have a lot of oil pump issues, people are fixing that by making a hybrid 1zzblock 2zz head.

the honda shills are mad we arnt talking about their over hyped decent econo boxes. pic related

if for no other reason op, leave the honda scene and go ENJOY CARS.

The 2zz swap is a simple drop in.
I haven't had any issues with my 2zz.

Just get a BRZ/FRS and be done with it.

and yet the number one swap for a MRS is still k20

Except it's not, for the very reason that's the 2zz is the easiest way to add power to an mr2.

Better than an ep3 civic?
An eg civic....
>or miata ya hairdresser

That wasnt meant towards stock engines, and this is 100% forum and wiki knowledge. supposedly they destroy the fuck out of oil pumps often when tuned up. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2zzge_oil_pump_lobes.jpg

link to wiki image of the pump

I agree the current fastest mr2 spyder has a k series swap. Op is looking for a DD with decent power to weight. not a shill that goes fast at the cost of shill shill shill, go fag up a miata thread they're more your level.

OP Get a VW ghia, 1800lbs NO POWER but fun still

For track use I would replace the oil pan and the oil pump with aftermarket parts.

He could get an sw20 with a 3sgte
Just built one of those motors for a celica, its a goddamn monster of a 2.0l
Then again maybe he should stay fwd.

If I could i would totally dry sump it for sure, I would like to on my track 302, would make me feel alot safer.

3sge beams was amazing, never got to play with a 3sgte but im sure its fun. very tested and proven motor

Another thought, idk what they go for but. I recently rebuilt the turbo on a friends mazda speed 3, fucking fantastic car. mild mods (theyre not cheap) and you can get 350+ wheel hp. and one guy has done 11.4 on mickey thompsons with a stock engine and turbo, just bolt on mods and tune.

t.someone who has never driven an ep3

Toyota engines are shit. Everyone realizes this that's why the kswap them. Hell even miatas kswap

Since we're talking about MR2s here, any of you know anything about making an AW11 fast? Not stupid fast just low 13s in the 1/4mi and fitted with sticky tires and stiff adjustable suspension fast. I am specifically interested in whether the transmission and axles can handle the ~250whp that would be necessary to get to that point.

3sgte guy here
I used to work for mazda, the speed3 is a fun car but the maintenance is not worth in my opinion, they are also fairly heavy for their class of vehicle and things break trying to make 350+
Also understeer pigs

That's a big get.

>for youuuu

Miatas also SR20DET swap. And N54 swap. And...

Idk about the aw11 trans, i know for sure the 3s trans is bulletproof
Honestly you dont need more than 210ish in an mr2
Power isnt an excuse for poor driving

It would probably be very expensive.

Under-steer and torque steer were real on the test drives yeah lol.

If you have a 4age, the sky is the limit they can make great power but your gonna put a ton into building it. I would look into swapping a newer motor personally. but if you like the 4age (no reason not to) I would look at turbo kits and head work.

Why is that?

>If you have a 4age, the sky is the limit they can make great power but your gonna put a ton into building it.
I don't think so. It can make that kind of power with a small turbo and upgraded internals, no big deal. I do my own fab work and tuning so I wouldn't need to spend twice as much as necessary by buying a turbo kit. Head work would probably be the most expensive bit.

Definitely a 20V swap and then turbo it, I've seen a lot of blacktop builds but a silvertop is only
>5hp less
>revs a slight bit lower
>has stronger con-rods
>has bigger combustion chambers
>can get port & polish unlike blacktop heads
>is cheaper
The trans will mount in an AW11, and it is strong enough for the job

Doesn't look like that's a very hard swap after a quick look at google results. I'll read more about it. Honestly 250whp is the max I'd be looking for here, as long as I can get into the low 13s in the 1/4 mile that's plenty fast for my tastes, and with a 2,400lb car that won't take much power, I already have my 2,600lb car in the 12s with less than 300whp.

Sounds like you've never driven one

I miss being in the 12's now im stuck in 15+
2004 gti
>forge motorsports piping + frontmount
>modified billy boat 3" turboback
>street tuned by me
>made 350 to the wheels at 32 psi
>stock internals ,ko3 turbo
>12.3 at 110mph
also this car was an inch or so off the ground, broke my oilpan countless times and ate my fenders up 2wice

that's from Quebec OP?
I just saw the same one on kijiji.
from laval

Or he doesnt know how to drive fast.
The mr2 is a weapon of mass hurt feelings in the right hands

Yes it is.

The high redline is all it has going for it, it's still a fucking Corolla

And?

An economy various that makes weed waker noises isn't fun, put that engine in an MR2 Spyder and now you're talking

Meh, it's fun for me.

sounds like you've never driven one

>350whp
>3,000lbs
>12.3 @110
kek
>so low it broke the oil pan and fenders
oh that's why, stancefag.

Is the Matrix XRS any good either? Same 2zz right?

>arguing over which weed wacker engine is better
Why not just buy a Fiero and stuff it full of V8?