Ultrasonic sensors

Tesla figured out how to make them work through sheet metal. So they don't show and ruin the look of the car.

Yet everyone else will still have these little tumors visible on their cars for years.

probably because it's cheaper
how did telsa manage to do it through sheet metal

>sheet metal

you mean plastic?

they're just integrated to the fucking bumper.

>So they don't show and ruin the look of the car.

Hiding sensors in black areas has been a long known approach. Individual features on a black background tend to fade into obscurity as the fine details are hidden to casual observation. At least Tesla didn't have to put on a hoody or sunglasses to hide its features from detection by security cameras and people with cellphones.

>At least Tesla didn't have to put on a hoody or sunglasses to hide its features from detection by security cameras and people with cellphones.

wat?

You wanna know a mean prank none of you should ever do?

Well, I'll tell you.

Every single god damn manufacturer holds their ultrasonic sensors in with two plastic clips that are only slightly easier to insert than to push back out.

An ultrasonic sensor that's been pushed in about 2mm will detect the bumper as an object in close proximity.

So, if you merely walk up to the bumper of a vehicle and push your thumb against one of the sensors (which you should absolutely never do no matter how much they cut you off and clearly deserve it), the next time they get in the car, the fucking thing will squawk at them like they're about to run over their own grandmother.

The best (worst) part is, for most manufacturers, they'll have to remove the bumper/under panels in order to push them back in place again.

So definitely don't do this.

I definitely won't be doing this to the cunt at work who is definitely not slamming his car door into mine.

kek
they aren't all that easy to displace though, I've definitely tried it.

I wonder if small neodymium magnets could stick to the sensors and provide an "obstacle"? Imagine sticking one on every sensor and watching the owner go nuts trying to figure out what's wrong.

If you just push the sensor in, it might be noticed, but small, flat magnets may be ignored.

Some clear plastics (like cellar tape) can screw with the sensors.

... which of course you should never do.

Definitely won't screen cap this post for future reference

As a car enthusiast, you should already know the engineering behind cars.
You shouldn't have to screen cap how to be a teenage faggot 101.

My Hyundai has them hidden.

what if you put electrical tape over the sensors? I wanted to do this so badly yesterday b/c someone parked way too close to me

Remember that time you recharged in 5 minutes and continued on your way?

He posted a metaphor joke and of course those fall flat in Veeky Forums due to wrong audience type.

These so-called "vulnerable" sensors seem to be hidden on my car. I have pedestrian sensors but cannot find them. There is no obvious-looking spot on my bumper or panels like on a few older cars I've seen on the road. Generally, all the cars seem to have those sensors hidden now. There's something in the top of the rear plate area but that seems to be a camera eye.

Then they could just peel it off. If you push it in, they'd have to go to the dealer to fix it.

(Devilish intensifies)

ok

Screencapped this post so I can remember how to be a teenage faggot, thanks

>You wanna know a mean prank none of you should ever do?

What other things should we not do to people who chronically open their car doors full open and dent the cars around them?