How do we fix the Fiesta ST?

How do we fix the Fiesta ST?

Other urls found in this thread:

gkn.com/frankfurt/news-and-Media/Pages/GKN-supplies-innovative-AWD-system-to-Ford-Focus-RS.aspx
caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-ford-fiesta-st200-first-drive-review
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Give it a LSD and make it $3,999 new so Veeky Forums can afford it.

make it rear wheel drive and turbo

We don't. It's already powered by EcoBoost®. There's nothing wrong with it.

AWD or RWD only, sedan model would be nice

It's already turbo'd, you mong.

$2k cheaper and it would be perfect. This applies to pretty much every sports car

RWD would make this car suck ass. AWD would be nice though.

would you drive a focus st if they made it with AWD, instead of limiting that to the RS?

Yeah I would if they kept it at the same price. Otherwise I would just buy a WRX.

No. Because it's going to be some FWD biased haldex shit show.

if we're talking new prices, other manufacturers really have garbage offers compared to the fiesta st. what's it's closest competitor? the kia forte sx? the chevy sonic turbo? veloster turbo? base model golf is getting a bit better.

it's not until you pass from the 20k to the 25k-30k sticker price do you even start to see better offerings like the focus st, gti, and wrx. you can cross categories of entry level performance coupes like the turbo camaros and mustangs, but they're much different animals.

for all it's faults, the fiesta st is a pretty compelling value. sure, it's a roided up base model that starts much cheaper, but a lot of those dollars went to areas that make a huge difference. an entirely different drivetrain or an lsd are probably out of the question if you want to keep it cheap.

ibiza whateverthefuckits called
180hp to the front wheels, about 18k€ so probably cheaper in murriland

if you're talking about the seat ibiza, they most certainly do not sell that in america.

Yeah it doesn't. It does sell in mexico though, so it's not like it would be a logistics nightmare. More likely not bothering with the us regulations just for a small share of sales

No it wouldn't

gkn.com/frankfurt/news-and-Media/Pages/GKN-supplies-innovative-AWD-system-to-Ford-Focus-RS.aspx

If the engine is transversely mounted it's going to be FWD biased no matter what, or it'll have so much mechanical loss you'll wish it was FWD. There's a reason why most rally cars have the engines longitudinally.

Using the brakes to torque vector is a joke too. Enjoy your brake wear.

>ibiza whateverthefuckits called
don't you mean a vw polo?

The fiesta sedan looks ugly as fuck though

>tfw no st200

It's only differences are a stiffer rear torsion beam and 4.06:1 gearing to make it slightly quicker.

Also the engine gets the US Fiesta tune (197bhp with overboost up to 215bhp if I recall).

If I remember, all 2016 Euro Fiesta ST's get the stiffer rear torsion beam and retuning, but perhaps not the 4.06:1 gearing.

>brakes for torque vectoring
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea

> engine gets the US Fiesta tune

that's not a thing they are just allowed to market their overboost numbers in the US.

Ah, my mistake.

caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-ford-fiesta-st200-first-drive-review

"The ST200 is a mild upgrade rather than a comprehensive reworking. It’s based on the Europe-market Fiesta ST, which, for marketing reasons, sees the power output of its 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine quoted without the additional oomph of the 20-second “overboost” period; Ford confirms that the 182-hp European-spec engine and the 197-hp rest-of-world version (like the one sold in America) are effectively identical. Apply the same logic and, had it made it to the States, the ST200 could have carried ST212 branding, since the engine produces 212 horses in its overboost mode, together with 236 lb-ft of torque. Official European output of the ST200 is now 197 horsepower, so the 200 badge allows some rounding. "

So it's essentially the MP215. :)

Fun fact, evo 9 has a rear bias as well as a transversely mounted engine. You don't know what you're talking about

3 door. that goes with every car though.

Again, Ford gimps a car for the US market because regulations.

Nah, it was an out going model limited edition, not really a gimp.

The only desirable aspect is the gearing and I don't think anyone is trading in their vehicle to get it.

More power.

Make a Fiesta RS
>33-34K MSRP
>250 hp 2.0 turbo from the Focus ST
>AWD, full rear bias possible

ST is fine as is.

Mechanical loss has nothing to do with power bias.
Transverse AWD cars can still be RWD biased despite being a FWD based chassis.
100% agreed on the brake vectoring though.

Cut 5k off that msrp and I'd buy one.

Fiesta base is 14.5K
Fiesta ST is 21

Focus base is 19
Focus ST is 24.5
Focus RS is 36

If they position the Fiesta RS right between the Focus ST and RS, it'd be 30 to 31K. if they take the 11.5K price hike from Focus ST to RS, and apply it to the Fiesta ST, the RS would 32.5K. Ballpark would be 30 to 32.5 then. 28-29 seems a bit low to me (it'd be a steal at that price).

>made by ford
That'd be a good place to start. Ford a shit