Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/pYdwfntu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GtUVQei3nX4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is that DIO on the right?

SONIC

Mian is the qtest!

This is what i want to hear, if this is really true then it's no wonder i'm enjoying seeing this game get played.

HEROOOOOOOES

play blazblue

All you need in KoF is a character that has max mode ToD loops and how to hop to confirm into those

>Never gonna get playable Jubei in a BB game
>never, never ever, no matter what, forever

SFV sucks lmao

Are Juicebox and Maximilian the most talented KoF OGs?

this guy walks into the bar, sonic booms your gf's ass and calls you a pum pum

what do you do?

Why do so many people online want that guy playable? Is BB's fanbase all secretly gay furry?

Daily reminder that sfv is shit.

break his other leg

I haven't really seen any loops since ive watched recent tournaments. I mean i see big damage thanks to bars on the last character but that is it.

He's the wise powerful master character archetype

The only game these days that really fucks you over with matchup shit is street fighter really.

Hey, I just like teasing the people who want him playable.
I wouldn't mind it, though; we need more monsters in fighting games that aren't just big guys with armored moves.

>tfw dropped guile so I wouldn't be associated with him

Hope he doesn't pick up Urien.

It's really obvious they'll put him in CFE since it's the last game before they take a break with the franchise. Extend version usually has 2 new characters, and Jubei + Trinity are the only real characters left, since all the protagonists of each game are playable already except Touya but nobody on the planet likes Touya.

Why is japan so bad at marvel despite being good at anime games?

The fuck is a pumpum?
I call him a ghetto ass bitch and ask him for a cig.

Why do people put up with this, is it worse than 4?

Can Touya even fight? I thought all he could do was sense people with drives.

Because nobody plays Marvel in Japan. It's broken as shit and ugly as fuck, so nobody wants to bother.

because japan doesn't care about party games

we've been over this

>Juicebox
>OG
Wouldn't he need to stay with a game from the start to be an OG?

japan is one of the strongest regions in smash 4

He can't, but Celica became playable despite not being able to fight.

So smash at evo there will be pretty much nothing? smash players swear up and down that it's got a good scene there.

Anyone know how juicebox did in that tournament?

I want to know if i should watch his next stream to see his soul die.

Stop shittalking one of Yatagarasu veterans

>It's really obvious they'll put him in CFE since it's the last game before they take a break with the franchise
Hopefully we get a BlazBlue vs Guilty Gear then.

Aren't the only people who still play Smash 64 in Japan? And weren't they the only ones that fucked around with Power Stone 1 at launch?

In 4 yes.

not so much melee

It was way worse in 4 I'd say because sfv is not a game with lots of space to play around.

Honest question.

Why is gg dead outside of japan? The game looks fun but theres no incentive to play of there are only 50 americans in the lobby during primetime.

Smash 4 has a reasonable big and very skilled community in japan for no arcade version. It got a monthly on shi_gaming that has to get capped.
Melee is dead there because that still being played is an american esports syndrome(and europeans wanting to be like americans).

Good point, Juicebox did stay with Yata AoC for its whole lifespan (3 months). I guess he is an OG in something.

I was under the impression that the strength of matchups was one of the selling points of SF - the idea that, if you pick [x] character, you won't really have to worry about specific matchups. Is that not how it goes?

because it's not street fighter

Can anyone tell me how things here were when Tekken 6 was coming? I mean we all know the online is shit now but was there hype for it back then?

difficult game+animu aesthetic+already fringe genre

its hard

hard to break into due to the only plays being gg vets combined with gg's overall gameflow lending itself to a heavy focus on very oppressive oki turns a lot of new players off
also its not sf

Because capcom fans only play capcom.

Sfv could have been literal shit in a box and they'd still kermit post other games.

Colors exploding all over the screen with every buttonpress. Only company that gets away with things like that is Capcom.

if theres always 50 people online that sounds like enough to always find someone to play against

I suppose that is the incentive, i remember when i first played Cod 4 online i asked my brother what the strongest gun is so that i could just go easy mode.

After a while that got boring so i don't know how anyone can stick with that mentality for so long. Especially when 4 and 5 are pretty much the same game.

Is this is a good number to retire from ranked at?

These

Yeah, but once players start to recognize each other, they start to dodge.

Sf is the game with the most lopsided fuck you matchups, like guile v bison or blanka v thawk. It's always been this way.

No other game has anywhere near the level of matchup fuckery sf does.

I honestly believe the publisher side of asw is holding back guilty gear and blazblue massively. The constant delays in ports with no reason, them being not on more systems and the fucking minimal balance updates for 60$ kills every chance those games could get at a way bigger niche.
Weebs and drones gonna defend and double-tripple buy the games though so they survive in their way too small niche, for now.

>Yeah, but once players start to recognize each other, they start to dodge.

why?

Cuz niggas don't like losing and niggas get salty.

idk but theres this on psn monster called like theonetruestyle that would leave any machine i was at
idk what his problem even was, i beat him most of the time but we were pretty evenly matched in skill

Maybe this is why people like 3rd strike so much because it gives other characters a chance with the parry system. Among other things but that's my guess.

muh electronic penis points

Sf3 is not a good example.

Yes, parry helped matchups a bit, but it caused its own problems.

Simply, the top tier gets more out of parries than everyone else.

People like remy also got screwed over by parry.

>it gives other characters a chance with the parry system
No it doesn't, strong characters in 3S benefit way more off the parry system than the weak ones. Fuck, 3S is one of the absolute worst in SF in terms of balance, no idea why on earth you would pretend like it gives "other characters a chance" in any possible way.

Parry means every mu is a 5-5 in theory.

Parry systems fucks way more people into unplayable shit tier then it gives characters a reasonable chance.

>mu is a 5-5 in theory.

Right, so the top teir characters just get better because of it. I still feel like it could work tho.

Street Fighter just needs to copy some of kof to make things way more even without taking playtsyles away. Mainly rolls which would allow for an excellent universal tool around firebalsl without destroying fireball zoning mindgames into shit tier.

>After a while that got boring so i don't know how anyone can stick with that mentality for so long. Especially when 4 and 5 are pretty much the same game.
Some people really hate certain styles of play, to the point that thinking about it makes them salty. For players like that, knowing they can slip past their most hated style with a pocket character makes them more comfortable.

Some of them are scared of losing points, but most just get bored of fighting the same people repeatedly.

so i got that wired adapter for wiiu to smash but then realized every kid plays this shit and on wireless

anything new in fighting games? i hope sfv gets another wave of characters announced

Why dont high level gg players do swag combos?

No wonder i can watch KoF more than SF, zoning is not such a big things or there are more ways to get around it.

>swag

Smash players also swear up and down that it's
>Deep
>Fast
>Competitive
>Balanced
>Created with any thought at all put towards the competitive scene
>A fighting game

>Some of them are scared of losing points, but most just get bored of fighting the same people repeatedly.

if you seriously do either of these you're playing the wrong genre

A Brit/Jamaican slang for vagina, like pussy

What does everyone think of Hazama in Central Fiction

The reason other games have less stilted matchups is more universal mechanics, like kof or guilty gear.

You can't completely shut down a character's options in those games like you can with street fighter.

So a universal defensive mechanic could work, 3s parries didn't.

Shit tier

You know what's swag?
Winning.

You can't do swag combos on command if you don't have any swagger yourself.

Name one GG player who would slap your GF's ass in the club, I dare you.

Playing a rival is the best way to get better, i don't understand it either.

Is Ricki a virgin? Do you guys think he plays fighting games because he wants a BBC up his ass?

>Brit/Jamaican
lold
I would say 3s parries are an offensive tool instea dof defensive.

Pretty weak. His mobility got nerfed somewhat, though his singular combo damage is higher (which doesn't matter much since he doesn't get many oppritunities to go in). He isn't absolutely garbage, but not nearly as strong as he was in CPE.

Ogawa

>got fucked by Art

no

>he doesn't know what happened to Floe's carpet

Because swag is risky.

Watch em play casuals or people much worse than them, and you'll see swag.

Would V-Meter carrying over between rounds fix characters that have 3 bar V-Triggers so they could use them when they're not under 20% health? Also, nerf Ryu, Nash, and Fun Li 2 bar V-Triggers.

Hmm, please tell me.

Ricki pounded Art in his boipucci and came on the carpet.

That's fair. I think they were originally there for countering remy and shit like aegis. Then they slowly took over the game.

Well that was dissapointing, you don't know how to tell an erotic story.

>sfv
youtube.com/watch?v=GtUVQei3nX4

oh lord

a man at my locals today were complaing that his combos weren't working. I asked for him to show me the combos on training mode.
>he set the AI to No guard.
why do this? holy shit.
1-hit guard is how you practice combos

Its just weird how everyone says gg is free form and then you see everyone doing the same bnb.

no it's chachamaru