Why would anyone consider a unreliable Ecoboost?

Why would anyone consider a unreliable Ecoboost?
The 5.0L is a far better engine.

torquenews.com/106/2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost-recalled-extreme-underbody-temperatures

Other urls found in this thread:

full-race.com/articles/what-is-ecoboost.html
businessinsider.com.au/the-new-ford-mustang-isnt-good-enough-for-the-nsw-police-2016-3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>extreme temperatures
Wow, the mustang is really well built if it didn't explode like the corvette did.

This is why the industry sucks ass.
They want to pump cars full of tech and make them drive like shit when they can't even get basic car functions down

>the industry
You mean americucks?

There are like three identically idiosyncratic anti-ecoboost threads right now and two anti ford.

That's some pretty intense shilling.

The japs and euros do it too. The new BMW m series are so fuckin numb and bogged down with bullshit and don't get me started on the nsx

Almost all cars use fuel injectors so that is the "ECO" part of Ford's marketing name. The boost comes from the use of a turbo. However, many cars were already "ecoboost" before Ford cobbled together this trademarked name for having a car that has both a turbo and fuel injection.

EcoBoost feels mostly like a gimmick name created for marketing purposes. It's not something more fundamentally unique at the time of introduction like "V-8" or DOHC. That's because both fuel injection and turbo existed long before calling the use of both of them in a car as "ecoboost".

>They want to pump cars full of tech and make them drive like shit
It might be for security reasons too as a result of all those 9-11 laws (some of which are secret and citizens are not allowed to know what they do because knowing of them would serve as a guide to terrrorists as to what to do). My car tracks where I go and occasionally phones home even though I am not paying for any kind of service. Okay, I "paid" for it somewhere as a hidden charge simply by buying the new car as there is nothing truly free unless it is clear charity. Someday, the insurance companies will lobby congress and the corporation-friendly gov''t will allow them to monitor driving habits, speeding, turn signal use, weaving in a lane, tailgating, if you come close to hitting a pedestrian, bumping into cars while parallel parking, or panic braking. My car can detect all of those conditions and more such since it even has adaptive cruise control (speed up or slow down based upon other car distances) and collision braking (if I approach another vehicle too fast and will collide without full braking). Because all those sensors are there, those conditions could be reported in order to modify my insurance rate.

>Ford
>Good

Pick only one

This issue affected 19,000 cars built between 2014 and 2015 and has since been resolved.

Zzz

this is why you don't buy the first MY of any car.

Yep this. Let the dumb asses buy the first couple years and wait until you see what breaks.

tthis guy gets it. ford is ridiculously good at this marketing gimmick. i remember watching a tv ad for the f150 few years ago, where they were showing off all the engine components they supposedly "beefed up" or "redesigned" or wtv, and they were showing the under-piston cooling jets like it was some fucking space technology. and i remember thinking to myself "wtf we've had piston underside cooling/piston pivot cooling since like the 80's and these guys are JUST catching on?" (im a diesel truck mechanic btw) and then a few years later i see all this ecoboost gibberish, so i go on google and surpriiiise!! ford didnt invent nothing new under the hood!!

I'll pick Ford thanks

This is why the V6 is still superior.

>Ferd quality

Hi mom, I didn't know you posted on Veeky Forums!

>i remember watching a tv ad for the f150 few years ago, where they were showing off all the engine components they supposedly "beefed up" or "redesigned"

One way to look for design problems in a car or truck such as F150 is to go to one of those "mod shops" to see what mods are available. Anytime the mod says "our mod improves the F150 in THIS area" means that that area of the truck was possibly deficient.

At the website article "What is EcoBoost" for the F150 by one of the F150 mod shops, if you read through to part three, you see one of the mods is for the down stop bumper to stiffen the beam to reduce the chance of it permanently being bent. Seeing such things reminds you of dificiencies in design which Ford might even change in the next generational update of the F150.

full-race.com/articles/what-is-ecoboost.html

>fuel injection
direct injection. if you're going to be a know-it-all, at least get your facts straight.

>2015-05-27
a year later that's all you can find to talk shit about? they must be doing pretty well then. haven't heard of any Ford products bursting into flames, only GM.

>f you're going to be a know-it-all, at least get your facts straight.
Actually you're the "know it all" in the thread while that other guy is the enthusiastic reminder of things. Lots of people know things and post about what they know, but Know-it-alls like yourself also take an antagonistic derogatory "put someone down" slant in their posts. And that is what you did, ya know-it-all.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, but you sound really stupid when you're trying to explain why something is a gimmick but don't actually know what it is in the first place.

im gonna bet that the ecoboost mustang in europe is not gonna be recalled

i really hope no one JUST figured out the 5.0L is superior. the v8 has been superior since the 60s & 70s. fuckin hell.

>>EcoBoost feels mostly like a gimmick name created for marketing purposes
>8th_grader_thinking_he's_a_genuis_for_figuring_out_god_isn't_real.txt

enjoy your shitty plastic intakes

So a 4cyl in a 4000lbs "sports" car was a bad idea?

>Implying a mom wouldn't want the safer more economic 4cyl Mustang for his son instead of those big bad v6s or V8s.

A 4 cylinder is generally going to be considerably lighter than a V6 or V8, and it made over 300hp. It was a great idea for a car already struggling to slim down.

V8 Weights about 3700 lbs though, the 4 and 6 cyl weights both about 3550 to 3600lbs.

The ND and GT86 are the last of their kind.

Rwd
NA
Lightweight
No hybrid shit

Hell, you can't even buy a car without a backup camera anymore.

Did you put a Boss shift knob on your v6 mustang?

>ford
>build quality
Kek

inb4 someone mentions the windsor or modular

Naa but i want to, looks comfier.

Ferrari and GM got BTFO by a recalled V6!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Moms like comfy cars.

Who doesn't like comfy cars?

People who drive on the track?

Don't worry, no one takes the v6 mustang on the track.

Racers also like comfy cars, without tons of body roll (Mustangs suck here) and a smooth shifter.

A v6 Mustang has enough capabilities to compete on a track on it's own, specially if it has a Performance Package.

You can't even buy the v6 with a performance package anymore.

You should save up for a Boss. That's a real car.

>2015-05-27

A real shame, since i don't like those new 4cylinders at all, sounds a lot like a Lancer Evo, while the v6 sounds more like a more masculine 370z.

Fortunately enough, i got a 2012 one with the PP for cheap about a year ago, and its pretty dam good, the Sport Mode is a neat feature too, since normal V6s didn't had it at the time.

The Mustang Boss is excellent but too costly for me right now.

>mom
>his son
>v6

It's 2016!

>not wanting a backup camera
C'mon man, backup cameras are actually a good thing, unlike the totally unnecessary shit like lane departure warning

They're a good thing when your car is a tank with no windows like most modern cars

>still buttmad that a V6 beat his shitty car company

thats why they beat ferrari and gm in the leman right?

>unnecessary electronics are a good thing
This is what millennials actually believe

Meanwhile, the 5.0 in Australia...

businessinsider.com.au/the-new-ford-mustang-isnt-good-enough-for-the-nsw-police-2016-3