Alicesoft/Rance General #533
Last thread: VI Anniversary Edition

FAQ: pastebin.com/SiHaMJ5v
Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/jumUkvv6
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.

Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536

Rance World Notes: mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Remember to use spoilertags when discussing and posting images of plot elements, especially those of untranslated Rance games. Ignore and report any blatant shitposting, including nameshit
Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

Upcoming

Rance 5D, Rance VI (ENG) - Winter, possibly 2016. High resolution, decensored $35 bundle from Mangagamer

Rance X - Announced

Just Released

Tsumamigui 3 Extra
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=2069021

Rance 01 OVA Episode 4
Raws
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=2057092
Subbed
mega.nz/#!vMdTEbzI!MPOvbZ0pKh669t2GKtEi-fqa8JMu-FfHAXBOVrKu9PY

Recent Releases

Beat Blades Haruka (ENG)
buy from Mangagamer if you want to buy
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=1949364
Physical Edition out 1th July 2016

Released In Last Year (See FAQ for downloads and info)

January 2016 - Tsumamigui 3 (JAP)
January 2016 - Rance 01 OVA Episode 3 (JAP/ENG)
October 2015 - Blade Briders OVA (JAP)
August 2015 - Rance 03 (JAP)

Lia a cute

I hate Lia.

I hate you.

Playing through Rance 4. Is the awful music looping something I just have to deal with? My Glorious Days is completely butchered when it fades out after 25 seconds before starting again. Goddamn, the third game was so much better.

Truth. Lia is a top tier girl.

That's probably my yandere fetish talking though.

Yanderes don't send their love interest Have Sex With Kanami tickets all the time

The point is that she trusts that Kanami isn't competition so has no problems with it

that is why she reacts so much in the Kanami route[/quote]

I believe that like KR and most games of that era the music had to be modded back in

Lia is a smart yandere

She's not really a yandere. She is way too forgiving and submissive for that.

Her confession in IX shows otherwise, she's just doing her best to control the urges.

I think Running to the straight is my favorite Shade song. It has just the right amount of 90s to fully satisfy my inner nostalgiafag.

Related, how good is Mamatoto?

Let's just say she wasn't always that way.

She wants to kill anyone that loves darling. She doesn't do it because she restrains herself but she's a yandere.

She considers Kanami a non-threat.

Lia doesn't like it, but at the same time she would rather Rance fuck Kanami instead of Sill for example.

fairly fun. Worth playing

Actually I don't think Lia has any real problems with Rance fucking girls as long as they're not threats for affection.

She's especially happy if she can join in

Nice strategy game, IX didn't really capture the fun part of strategizing with the Kids.

Why is Kanami so useless in the later games anyway? In 01 she was incredibly powerful, a master ninja, striking fear into the hearts of Lia's enemies. She flawlessly played the part of an innocent girl, deceiving even the great hero Rance. I remember carefully working out a strategy to beat her, counting my every shield cooldown turn, barely scraping through after much effort and retries and preparation.

Yet in every other game she's like one of the weakest pleb characters I send out to wipe random mobs so as to not waste movement points of the actually useful characters.

Because the ninja in 01 is not Kanami but Mysterious Ninja. I don't know what Kanami was doing at the time.

I don't remember her being that hard in 01. Have you considered she may have been a useless ninja the entire time?

Mysterious Ninja is clearly not Kanami

Let's be real

Lia wants Rance for herself but she knows that's not ever going to happen as he's not satisfied with just 1 person, so her compromise was to be Rance's favorite. Problem is that Sill is Rance's uncontested (at that moment) favorite at the time, so she tried to get rid of Sill and we all know how that turned out. On top of that Rance didn't like to be around of too long because she was too clingy and comments about marriage bothers him but she really couldn't help it as she was a teenager.

Eventually she grew up and decided to be smart about it, her goal changed to be one of Rance's favorites and most likely with Magic coming into the picture she wants to hold the position of #1 Princess/Queen. Everything goes splendidly in Quest and Rance is actively spending time with her but then Reset happens. Lia's goal after seeing Reset and Rance's reaction to Reset is to aim to get pregnant herself, which she pulled off without a hitch thanks to Sill being per-occupied. So now not only is she his #1 Princess/Queen but she also is pregnant with his child, the only threat left is Sheila so let's keep Rance and Sheila apart as long as possible and hope they don't hit it off when he goes to Helman

Then IX happens and unlike Magic who isn't a threat whatsoever Sheila is a direct threat because she's basically a Princess version of Sill on top of Kanami betraying you. Lia's obviously not that happy but apparently Rance calmed her down somehow

Rance's fingers broke her powers.

Kanami really didn't need to be too strong while working for Lia because most of her work was either kidnapping or assassinating people against Lia.

Kanami is very strong for a human and in the first 2 games the bosses and such are within the range of normal humans. Things change in 03 when you start fighting opponents that are not only above Kanami's powerlevel but if they aren't they are generally covered in armor instead. That trend stays throughout the series because of escalating enemies, doesn't help that Kanami's training wasn't finished and her levels keep going back to 27 so she doesn't really grow stronger as a ninja until Suzume comes along.

Damn word limit forcing more than 1 post

Oh ok this explains everything, thanks. I don't know why I foolishly mistook the two, I guess it's the coincidence that they happen to both be ninjas, look similar and Kanami acts all familiar with Rance as if she had history with him.

Can I ask Lia to dump this useless person and send me a real ninja to fight then? Because having Mysterious Ninja on my team would be really really useful.

In 01 she doesn't have immediate competition, and Rance is at his weakest as an adventurer. 2 introduces mages and devils, 3 Helman, and demons and so on.

>Can I ask Lia to dump this useless person and send me a real ninja to fight then?
Nah, The mysterious ninja is busy taking over Kanami's old job.

And then Hornet happens in X.

Rance likes Kanami because she's cute and incompetent. Mysterious ninja would be just cute.

Kanami betrays Lia?

Yes, like the hopeless ninja she is

Mysterious Ninja is actually MALICE's apostle.

Hornet is going to be used goods after Kayblis is done

Kanami falls in love with Rance and they enter a cute lovers relationship

Oh yes hornet happens, hornet and Kayblis

Used goods, one arm Hornet

I don't even think Lia registers Hornet as competition because Demon. We don't know how that's going to play out, If Rance gets Hornet then you can expect a unhappy Lia because Hornet is in the same tier as her appearance wise

Man, Hornet's redesign is garbage compared to this. I hope Orion redesigned her again for X.

Hornet can't get baby though

Same. That set of images was great.

Old Hornet will be great in the IX artsyle.

Don't be silly. Hornet, Silky and Satella are all going to be fine in X.

screams internally

Guarantee only one of Silky and Hornet will be fine.

I think the only guaranteed to get fucked is Hawzel, (aside from bad ends with Kay-chan where even Miki and Satella are guaranteed). The others are in maybe.

Nah. Kayblis will definitely rape someone.

Only way to protect Hornet is a Silky sacrifice and Hornet has to be taken out the picture/injured badly early on.

Man I loved the old design of hawzel a lot better than the new one

Unfortunately for us but luckily for her, not that humans would know about that.

They are going to make at least some of the women demon go full suffering, it's a matter of which ones they'll choose. Satella is the safest as she has prior experience with Rance and is most likely will be the reason he heads there in the first place. Hawzel, Saizel, Silky and Hornet are the ones who are under threat, 1 of them is going to Medusa and another to Kaybliss. Hawzel has the highest chance of getting picked as a reference to KR as well as being a plot point they can use to bring Saizel on to the team, The choice between Silky and Hornet is up in the air though.

I still think they'll pick Silky as Hornet is a Princess and we know Rance's goal is to get all of the Princesses and Hornet is the major last one left, even if Rance is unaware of her.

Hawzel is 100% guaranteed given the present situation of Seizel

Long hair and better wings

I bet they're gonna reference that one CG somehow. You know the one.

I wouldn't say it's 100%, they could do something stupid like start the story with Miki turning into DK

I must be the only one that likes new Hawzel better I guess. I agree with Old Hornet because superior though.

I prefer the new versions overall body shape but they really need to have the large wings.

Probably, let's just hope they don't do it to one of the heroines.

Kayblis doesn't necessarily have to rape someone canonically. Just look at what happened with Sheila. Stessel fucking her was demoted to a bad ending.
I think it's possible that Kay-chan will get to fuck most, if not all, of the girls of Hornet Faction but only through bad endings.

We'll probably know who gets picked based on who appears on the X's cover.

Kayblis is the big enemy

I want only Rance himself to be on the cover.

Unlikely, Rance hasn't been alone on a cover before. It's been forever since somebody appeared alone on a cover, even Rizna share's 5D's cover with Kaze

>It's been forever since somebody appeared alone on a cover

That may as well be having the whole cover to be honest

Sheila was pretty much the cover girl of IX but before that you have to go back to Nagi

Sheila was alone on IX cover

Fuck, I had this image in mind for some reason.

Nope. Sheila had the official one.

Did something happen to Chaos? He looks less... having a face in this box art.

I couldn't help but notice in Rance's sprite on IX that he's using a normal sword too.

That's probably what chaos looks like on the side without his eyes

...There's a girl in the top right.

What's the eta on rance quest ? Is it still being translated?

It's Sheila.

Alternative versions of the same person but yeah one could argue that she isn't "alone" on the cover

All releases are now official.

Rance VI and 5D are coming out this year in the west.

Based on success other games will come out.

Rance VI is better than Quest anyway

Somebody might want to swap the images on the wiki around

is rance 6 out yet?

12 years ago

The threesome in X better be the hottest one in history to make up for the sins of the past.

>Implying Malicesoft won't just troll again like they did with Iron Vagina

But, it's 20 years in the making! They can't be so cruel, can they?

Like they were with Adult Gele sex, Willis sex or Consensual Leila sex.

Please don't remind me of those

>Adult Gele sex
Eternally mad

Iron Vagina?

I think the last one of those happened precisely because of fan catering.

To Rick fans

Amitos Armitage

More like Leila fans.

I don't think Rick fans would care about that.

Rick fans don't want him to end up with a girl who willingly slept around a lot before.

Its the most logical explanation for the change given Rick is popular and Leila is not

I wonder what silky's redesign will look like in X. She was one of my favorite characters in kichikuou.

Too bad that they didn't do that as just changed Rance's scene with her.

Rick fans want Maris to notice him and recognize him as a man, not for Leila to get a man too good for her she doesn't deserve.

Rick deserves a better girl, a girl that is his equal and has a relationship of mutual respect.

He deserves this girl.

>Rick fans don't want him to end up with a girl who willingly slept around a lot before.
Again with that shit? Leila canonically slept around a lot before regardless what happened with Rance in 03. It's part of her backstory.
The only reason why they changed it was because they wanted Leila to already be in love with Rick in 03, rather than spontaneously falling for him in between games. If Leila already had feelings for Rick in 03, it wouldn't have made sense that she would willingly sleep with Rance when she refused every time after.

I like how they have Rance have a sex scene only a short while before Leila starts to develop feelings for Rick in Hoho valley

Rick fansin Japan

Leila doesn't love Rick at that point.

Backstory is different to showing in game

Bare in mind that they already changed some of the Satella

Don't they mean fiend? Pretty weird AS themselves would get the name wrong!

Haven't they changed the English naming for a couple characters over the years?

...Not that I like fiend.

I don't care about the last one. Leila's medicore at best; Tilde's way better.

But why hasn't there been a Willis Sex scene? That's fucked up.

Rance 2

Also footjob in 01 and from memory a blowjob in VI?

Still mad. But to be fair, the Iron Vagina scene was made non-canon by Rance Quest Magnum.

Side mouth is unacceptable outside of animation.

Was it? I don't think it matters which path you take as both of lead the same result

I never notice it.

Nah. It is still canon