/eog/ - EVE Online General

my shitfit is better than yours

previous thread: permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX during the trial?
If you have to ask, you can't do it.

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then all the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/ser9Acpg

>Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
>Winter: drilling platforms
>Fall: industrial arrays, barge visuals, AOE BOOST/LINK REWORK, Rorqual rework
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Oct 28: Eve Vegas
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit

Past:
>Aug 20: Battle in SH1-6P, NC/PL smack CO2/TEST, 1.25t destroyed, ~300b more than Asakai but 9x less than B-R imgur.com/a/YhwzU
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle (embed)
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, damage/repping visuals, DX11 clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons moving to Delve, SMA alliance closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT 14 rule changes: 10 players, no cap-transfer, no jumpdessies, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, tactical overlay vectors, new implants, legal drugs, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion give ECM immunity, mass fitting tool
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>May 12: Name ships automatically with a saved fit name
>May 06: Eve Online 13th Anniversary
>Apr 27: Citadels & cap rebalance released. Tears, bugs, etc. RIP rolling yachts.
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

>still no chrono battleships that can rewind time
shit game

jesus christ ded general

dont die dog

This game is shit and you're all niggers

Bump

>tfw killed a pilgrim, sin and redeemer using a single rep hyperion with 2 cap injectors.
>tfw everyone goes for max rep amount instead of rep time.

Link redeemer

>Having any cap with a sin, redeemer and curse on you even with 2 cap boosters
Sure thing user
And I killed an arty vagabond with my shuttle

So what did you lose?

I killed the pilgrim, then the sin, redeemer came last. By the time I was shooting the redeemer I was back in to cap stability.

Remember that t2 large rep uses 400gj of cap per cycle so I used 400gj boosters instead of 800 because if I used 800 and got the bad end of a neut cycle I'd not have any cap and have wasted a 800 booster. By using 400 boosters I can fit more in and outlast the neuting pressure by staggering how much I lose at any time.

So I ran both boosters at the beginning of the fight and by the time I killed the redeemer I was using 1 booster and just cycling the other when needed.

Coincidentally I experimented with using single rep deimos and that worked really well too.

>non-ancillary rep
>2 cap boosters
>t2 rigs
>nanobots instead of aux pumps
>no meme web

>aux pumps on ships with native rep amount bonuses, implying the main advantage of shield reps isnt faster cycle times meaning more responsiveness and less likelihood to be volleyed between reps.

>2 cap boosters because you know you will be fighting neuts, neuts being the primary method of disabling a bs

>t2 rigs because they're not that expensive if you know who to buy from
>wanted to demonstrate you don't need dedspace shit to achieve brilliance, see deimos vs vindicator kill

>thinking rep amount bonuses make rep rigs worse somehow
>volleyed between reps in a battleship

>neuts being the primary method of disabling a bs

I don't see neuts that much, I just see plain overpowered ships. there'll be a couple of cruisers on field, except they won't be the honest 30-40k ehp 500 dps brawlers you want to see, they'll be meme tanked t3cs or 800 dps ranged gilas. or logi I guess

>le funny single shitfitted t1 cruiser piloted by a scrub making all friendly ships completely immune to soloers meme

>3 eanms
>5 plates
>5 trimarks

>15 guns

How to fix EVE:
>hisec
Forced green safety
>lowsec
Concord engages only when you pod someone
>nullsec
Concord only engages when evil pvpers are killing hardworking ratters

You are aware this opsec bullshit is pointless?

If I want I can go look at the killboards right now, filter by hyperion and unless this kill happened literal months ago, I'm going to find it within 5 minutes?

I already looked

>have a game that's over a decade old
>still haven't found a way to avoid having to restart the server daily
Can ccp do anything right?

what a trash fit lmao

>tfw t1 rig dual rep one reps more and is cheaper

You'd rather them do it like WoW where if they have a roll back you lose 3 weeks worth of work instead of a single days?

>dockfags and pvebabbies talking about solo pvp

I doubt their rollback system is tied to downtime. As far as I know only a few mechanics are tied to it like the respawning of the asteroid belts and the hardening of server nodes.

Even if it did, they've had 12 years to implement a better system.

I can't remember ever losing work to a rollback in wow and I lost years of my life to that game.

>it caps out faster
>dual rep inspires overconfidence
>hyperion extremely rarely used ship because it dies too easy for reasons already mentioned
>still ignoring how 530mil worth of hyperion killed 4 opponents including a recon and 2x BLOPS solo.

>its good if you have implants

>navy cap booster 200

stop being bad at eve lmao

I dont see anything strange with 1active tanked huperion killing most likely shit fited blops (you wouldnt be able to kill active tanked blopses, so they were with shield extenders/plates)

>tfw people are idiots

Does energized armor layering membrane take into account only the base hp or it includes plates?

I can see why you would use 200's in certain circumstances.

Better against neuts, etc

Not really. Cycle time is exactly the same. Using smaller charges means you are getting your capacitor slower and activation cost of large armor repairer is 400gj, so you need to cycle both at the same time, you would do better with cap booster 400.

If you are under neut pressure you can inject more times with a 200. Yes the 400 will get you more cap in one go but it will get neuted out again, rendering it useless.

In most cases 400's are the better choice but against neuts 200 are always better.

>_>
Using 2cap boosters to get 400gj rather than 1 to get it (you need 400gj to cycle your rep, you obviously need more since your weapons and tackle uses cap) is just stupid. Seriously if you are so tempted to use 200 then use 200 and 400, smallest cap boosters are just bad on battleships.

Oh definitely in the specific case of a large rep that requires 400gj yeah then this is pretty retarded.

But you replied to a demos, not a hyperion fit m8. A medium rep requires 160? 180? gj leaving you some left for firing your guns.

200 are the correct choice in this case.

>lmao
enjoy having half my cap life thanks to running out of boosters.
The whole point of neuts is that they're the counter to cap injected fits. If you go for the max size booster you can fit and you boost, then get neuted out, you will have 15-20s of time where you can't boost again.

Medium armour repper II used 160gj per boost, it's activation time in that build is 5.76s meaning that some of your repping is based on regen, some of it on boosting.

the guy replied to me saying that hyperion was shit fited.

Upgrade 1 or both of those injectors to t2, you get cap stability off one booster. It would quite literally require a curse or some other ship with 3+ small neuts to shut this deimos off.

Those implants weren't enabled you spastic.
There is an alternate fit for those who might consider it. This fit is no implants, just a standard exile. Your cycle time on reps goes up to 9s but since you have 2 you can stagger them. If you fight an enemy who is just a dps machine you might get away with one injector, the second injector is for use against neuters in which case I'd suggest activating one, then activating the second injector after 1 full cycle of the first injector so you can always boost as the 1st injector reloads.

Can somebody send me a trial invitation to -> [email protected]?

sent

Reminder not to believe they will give you half the worth of a plex if you sub.

Especially people on eog.

Reminder not to believe what anyone on /eog/ says.

Especially phil above me.

Well I said I would and he has my character name in game so yea I'm going to because I don't need the money. I'll just give him some 500m isk then use that plex for my own services

>implying you didn't give him a fake name

Its in the "Invite a buddy" step where I choose a character he can contact. Theres no getting around that

wait, half? I was always just adding them 30d gametime

A plex is not the same as a subscription to the game

plex are 20 dollars, where a 1 month subscription is 15 dollars

plex are used for tons of different in game services one of them IS giving you 30 days to your game time

Hey guys, so I won whiptail some time ago, and I was wondering if this fit is ok

Using a T1 sebo when you could be using a shady is a bit suspect but otherwise it looks ok.

Moron. He should use t2 one wtf

>guns on whiptail
>hammerhead

>fitting light drones when you can fit medium
git gud

I hope you are only pretending to be retarded

So valkyrie would be better?

Smaller drones are more bandwidth efficient. Two lights do more damage than one medium.

>tfw you can't launch 25 light drones at once anymore

>bonuses to light drones

Wow this game stupid, but this ship is only 100mln, so it's worth a try i guess.

I feel very poor in this game. I have like 10m :/

Is that because you're new or because you're retarded?

Let's discuss links - why they are good and why they are bad.

I think links themselves are a response to some perceived need for a 'commander' class of starship'. If you notice the kinds of classes that can fit links on has been trending downwards not up, in my opinion the only ships that should be allowed to use more than 1 link at any time is a capital ship.

As for those people abusing links in lowsec there are two key factors here; there's the "why not" crowd who logically attain every measurable advantage they can for maximum leverage and then there is the people who turn to links because they feel like links would finally allow them to overcome that fear of loss which pervasively invades low-income players minds. So they turn to links to give them that last bit of edge to stop them from dying.

My trial+first month is ending right now.

I made enough to PLEX during that time through a combination of manufacturing, exploration, and station trading. Git gud.

You are right, eve players are idiots. I still cant belive that there are players who player year and longer and still dont own atleast a supercarier lmao

Get a vexor and run some combat anomalies.

start minning, rocks are free and morons still buy them

There are several options available to you.

First of all, you should be in a corporation. NPC corps don't count. Then get your faggoty corpmates tell you how to get money.

Assuming they are really stupid or you can't join a corp for whatever reason, I'd suggest you either make your way up to lvl 3 then 4 missions or go hunting for escalations in highsec, then lowsec until you figure out enough about combat mechanics to go do something better.

I was thinking about joining Shadow Cartel, they are kewl

>tfw you and your allies are winning control over aeschee with no contest from Cucks Cartel side.

So ez game lmao

I worked with them a couple years back. They're alright, but they are lowsec people and lowsec is MAXIMUM gay.

>winning control
>mfw npc stations

>lowsecks

Press F1 to elite nullsec pvp

>deleting post because he left his namefagging in

>Minmatar

Should they introduce a t2 RAH?

I mean, why not, just give it 17.5% per resist base instead of 15%

I doubt CCP even remembers these things exist.

'why not' isn't really a good reason

What's a RAH?

Because none of the other prototype inferno modules have a T2 version. Really sucks because a T2 RAH would really make them worth using

RAH's suck because its based on damage received, not the amount of damage done so having a flight of drones that's opposite of your primary damage type is really good for fucking up the resist pattern

Reactive Armor Hardener, its good if your enemy does only one damage type but its easy to fuck up the resists

this kind of thinking triggers me a bit. if you want the RAH to be better, why are you asking for a new version to be made, rather than just buffing it

or you could just ignore it, because it's a complicated and fairly shitty module

>this kind of thinking triggers me a bit. if you want the RAH to be better, why are you asking for a new version to be made, rather than just buffing it
Well an easy way to buff the RAH is change the way it works from damage received to amount of damage so you can't fuck up the resists by using off-damage drones

I will give you that it's a needlessly complicated module.

That said I don't think it's shitty. It's armor resistance that ignores stacking penalties. It's got less fitting requirements than a damage control and gives the same base resistances (to armor), with the added bonus of shifting its resist profile which can be very helpful in solo fights.

But it really shouldn't need cap to activate. That's what kills it, like 50 cap per cycle. It's a low module slot for fucks sake why is it consuming cap?

>why does my armour rep use cap guys it's a low slot module

what?

Its shitty because the resists can be fucked with really easy

say you're in a drake, you're firing Explosive missiles at a guy with a RAH

he suddenly has 60% resist to explosive

A good way to fuck with his resists is put your dinky acolyte's on him and suddenly he's only getting 30% explosive and 30% to EM

Its not based on damage amount, its based on damage received.

It'd be a great module if it distributed resists based on amount of each damage and proportioned resists on that but it just doesn't

that and its only 30/30 which isn't that great to begin with, a regular EANM, while only 25%to each, its more stable and better when taking on more than one guy

Armour resistance modules don't use cap you twat. They even removed it from the damage control. Why should this one?

he said Armor repairer

and even then, Hardeners still use cap, and those dumb capital flex mods use cap too

>what are armour hardeners

You act like gaining 30%/30% armor resist for one low slot is a bad thing. An EANM only gives 20%. But yes they really should make it adapt to the amount of damage received if they want to make its use more wide-spread.

yeah or we could just forget about RAHs instead because who cares