Well, Veeky Forums?

Well, Veeky Forums?

well kill yourself

We don't care. Only the fact that Ford won and Chevy lost in LeMans matters.

Diesel
/thread

each have their own pros and cons
each of them have people who like one and hate the other

it's a tie.

I prefer gasoline, advantages of electric be damned. I can also afford it so don't give a fuck about the cost and probably never will.

this

I'm ready for electric to be completely honest with you.

Being completely honest with myself, I feel that I am ready for electric.

Electric honestly feels completely like the best option for the future. Plus it is fast.

To complete my post honestly I must say that I am tired of gas vehicles. I want my car to be completely silent and I hate having to find a gas station all the time. I honestly believe that I would enjoy electric more. We just need more power stations which would be easy to build next to parking lots. Parked downtown? There should be a plug in next to every car so you can charge for as long as you're away.

>50 years from now
>stoplight race
>sitting there in silence because electric cars dont make noise when they aren't moving
>tell my self driving car to race the guy next to me
>guy next to me in a filthy disgusting petrol powered shitty shit car from the stone age revving his dead dinosaur powered shit engine
>light goes green
>guy next to me does a mad hektik skid off the line
>my car takes off at 0db and doesnt do a hektik skid because self driving cars have perfect traction control
>suddenly facebook alert fills every window
>mum says hi lolmao!
>guy in flintstones car overtakes me
>i run out of battery in the middle of the intersection
fucking cheater

both. they compliment each other well when done right
look at the trio from mclaren,porche and ferrari

Why not hybrids?

Not like we have a choice. Car companies do whatever the fuck they want and we just suck it up.

Nothing beats the feeling of a throbbing V8 pulsing through your body as you smash through the gears and watch your missus get moister than an oyster.

Aint no one getting laid in a prius.

TOO HEAVY

Electric cars are the future.

Just not the immediate future.

>farm boy go home

gas if you want to feel the car, electric if you want the car to feel you. killing yourself

I like electric cars but I don't think they'll ever have maority market share nor will they ever be cheap. Battery chemistry is about tapped out and there is not a lot of rare earth metals to build high density batteries.

They could make very inexpensive electric cars with regular-ass lead-acid storage batteries, lightweight car bodies and nixing the complex regenerative braking systems. But they never will because lightweight cars are illegal now or someshit and the profit margins won't be there.

>possibility of fun vs no fun allowed
gee i wonder

DIVIDE AND CONQUER SHILL

Okay, what about a rotary hybrid?

As long as all the heavy hybrid bullshit is easily removable. Which it won't be, if the CR-Z is any indication.

>instant torque
>not fun

good one

Yea I think thats why hyper cars are using hybrids these days.

But i understand your point, in a mass producible way there probably isnt a way just yet to get the weight down

>single gear transmission
>anything but depressingly horrid

>straight line acceleration
>anything but boring

Come back when your electric cars have manuels (or at LEAST a flappy paddle CVT) and can handle. But neither of those will ever happen.

I'd go electric if it had good range or if there were battery switch-out stations.

This GM BTFO By A V6 Ford FLEX

>wahh wahhhh s-stop liking what i dont like

>claiming stop liking what i don't like
>on a thread that is specifically for debate over two things

electric

I hope your boyfriend forgets you are a guy and your dick gets pushed in. Faggot.

Let's restate this:
>petroleum distillate
vs.
>electric

You must have been really good with high school essays.

I believe a good electiric car will be better, but someone has to make on yet. I would like to at least have electrical transmission but that also never became a thing.
Other fun stuff:

>reprogramming how torque is delivered to the wheels to suit your preferences.
>orderind third-party chips from China, putting them into your car to change how it's controlled.
>replacing the passenger seat with 3 batteries

And if the cars will become more like computers, young people will get interested in them again. Electric neo-rice scene.

>Liquid cooling and leds everywhere
uhhh

I'm sure we can add some software to artificially limit your motors power band to a tiny fraction of what it's capable of then strap a outdated gearbox to it so you can enjoy being a luddite.

One provides a better driving experience the other is better for the environment.

EV's offer no real advantages to me, and there isn't one I actually like the looks of (which is one of the most important things to me when buying a car), SLS AMG aside of course.

And I don't want to deal with the hassle of plugging in the cable after every other drive.

Heavier than a GT-R.

>50 years from now
car battery are the same
and reminder that an electric suv beat a hellcat on a drag race

yeah V8 with delightful 3 gears auto transmission are so much better

I'm gonna be that guy with a screaming 20b in my FD passing electric cucks

Will it also be faster than a Corvette?

>he has more torque that you could ever have at 0.1 rpm

im planning on making my shitbox dd ev so i stop paying up the ass for petrol