/shmupg/ Shooting Game General

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread: Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo
store.steampowered.com/app/463070

Ke-Tsu-No-Ana
store.steampowered.com/app/472830

RefRain
store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

Shmups Skill Test
store.steampowered.com/app/430290/

WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Blue Revolver
bluerevolvergame.com/

Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
cave.degicagames.com/

>Don't forget to vote!
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other links
STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

/Shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

Other urls found in this thread:

shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=1157621&sid=a416487249767294a87f373ec1433db1#p1157621
humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime
twitch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shootingu gamu never die!!

First for input lag and DRM

>first

>Never played a 2hu
you didn't need to say

mechas > ships > characters

What is your attitude when it comes to using continues? Is it better to learn a game by using continues until you reach the end or should you always play 1CC no matter what?

I use extra credits until I clear the game so that I get exposure to the later stages, instead of only experiencing the ones I can reach.

Anyone have the translated version of shooters ranked based on difficulty? It just looked like a regular excel sheet or something.

same

shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=1157621&sid=a416487249767294a87f373ec1433db1#p1157621

From most efficient to least
savestates > practice mode > continues > single credits

I feel very dirty if I put more than 3 credits in a single run.

I'm gonna 1cc Abadox!

Thanks.

No problem and good luck!

I want to gangbang Reco-chan with /shmupg/!

KBR-ASS reporting in, the beetle is in position.

its ok if you practice.
in real run i dont use more credits, just ragequite this shit and go cry.

single credits are good for consistency though. but with save-states and practice mode there is no reason to use continues other than to take a sneak peak

1-ALL
-
A
L
L

omedetou

*penguin noises*

>autofire
just why, i can understand doing it on consoles, but it's not like arcades had turbo buttons.

m-might as well play on mame...

what properties of this screen

What is the best shot type in the original DoDonPachi? Around what stage should I aim to comfortably get to without bombing?

C Shot for a 1ALL, you probably want to no miss no bomb the first 4 stages.

Yeah thats what I've been going with, I'm just going for a first loop 1CC though.

You do get a lot of bombs but the stages are also pretty long, so you still need to be fairly competent at Stages 5 & 6 (especially the bosses)

>want to practice all day
>do not to practice

>practice all day
>get worse

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me?

>type II
is have more delay to LOCK attack

That's not the problem.

I think the delay wasn't the problem here. The most annoying thing about CC is that your lock-ons always do so little damage to boss creatures, that's why time-killing them with it is pretty difficult and often results in a death. It's frustrating as fuck when this happens, because the boss still has a pixel of health left.

That's why you should time-kill them in break mode. It's easier there.

yeah, now i see one lock on boss

>>
i like to go for his arms in wi, is it not a good idea in original?

IDESTRUCTIBLE

Hillary should talk about how Undertale has great bullet hell gameplay.

Trump will bring shmup industry to america. Americans of shmupg will be able to get a job of their dream.
She should talk abot 2hu becouse most people think that 2hu is the original bullet hell game and everything else is a 2hu rip-off.

fuck

Tips for getting a 1-ALL in DOJ? Give up?

Practice the stage 4 mid-boss so you can get the 1-up consistently. Learn the last section of stage 2 and save 5 hypers for it to gain enough points for the 2 score-extends. Shotia has a ton of bombs which can make cheesing a clear easier, but Exy has superior firepower which will make everything easier.

Spend most of your time practicing stage 4 and 5 because they are a pain if you don't know what you're getting into.

ccwi original is kinda high for someone's first clear, should i beat boost first?

is mushi normal good for a first 1cc?

if you're new do novice first

if you are a degenerate otaku, give it a go

I'd say so. Still not easy though.

novice original

What's /shmupg/ reaction time?
humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

Also post your largest achievement, there might be some correlation!

did that already, wish it was harder becouse arcade is a big jump in difficulty from novice.
i decided to stick to original since i'v been practicing it for 10 hours already and becouse more people have achievment for clearing original than boost, so i doubt it's easier.

Got 210 pretty consistently so I guess I'm ahead of the curve but not by much. Also shoutout to all the cheaters at 100 driving down the average.

I suck at shmups and have never achieved anything outside of a few touhou hard clears and mushi original.

>humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

>tfw 300

Possible bitch ass excuses: I'm 29. I'm hungover.

The Round One by my house has DOJ. The difficulty is set to normal and the score extends are normal too, but for some reason you start with one more life than you should. Like, three ship icons instead of two. Also the game is on a big ass LCD monitor stretched to 16:9 so it's pretty hard to bounce my eyes around the screen.

i cant clear touhou normal

Tell them to get their shit together.

I'm afraid they'll decide it's too much work and just get rid of it since nobody plays shooting games anyway.

Nice mate, please don't be every westerner ever and quit on the second loop, give it a go.

I tried it out earlier and I'll need to make completely new routes for every stage, use all of the tricks and techniques I know atm and master the 1st loop to stand a chance. Preferably NMNB.

Pew pew!

Don't you die on me! You still have your whole credit ahead of you.

is it Tamashii ?

twitch tv/stgweekly LIVE

Hey it's that guy from the Gayregga episode.

It's a version differences stream, though.

more in the line of gigantic army type shooting game than a shmup but has anyone played gunhound ex?

I only played the first few levels but as far as Assault Suits Valken likes it was alright. I could never get used to the controls of these types of games tho.

>cheapest stick is 216USD

Knock knock!

Who's there?

Holy shit balls it's the guy with the worst voice ever ahwell at least based Aquas is hosting.

Knock knock!

MBL 999

muh dck

Go for it, i believe in you.

Wh-Who's there...?

plz no

Windia does not do lewd for free

I'll do it one day.

who is the daigo of shmups?

>who is the daigo of shmups?
yusemi swy no question.

>girl

u rite

I got mine for 80 quid including delivery. Now I need to learn how to properly use it. And it's depressing.

Average: 312

261 average. mushi original? IN hard? not many achievements

It took me like 4 hours to capture that shit. I was really trying you know guys.

Bump

what's Tamashii?

Mine was 160. And totes worth it because I play everything I possibly can on it.

i got my vx-sa for 90$ including shipping from ebay. i did change the stick and ball to a ls-32 for another 23$ though. just be patient.

in my country hard to find a stick, they not popular

I feel you friend. Same situation.