QOL mods:
pastebin.com/WeKUygSf

Wiki:
starbounder.org/Starbound_Wiki

Item ID Repository:
starbounditems.herokuapp.com/

Serverlist:
pastebin.com/8TNruA0p

Server Points of Interest Sheet: (finding /sbg/ on various servers)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eaPqQC4u3LnlMdP_RAGxAFCJLYZ0ZcO1XTDpOWA9EBk/edit?usp=sharing

Zinc's Discord
discord.gg/Tk9wpth

Guides:

(feel free to add mods there)
docs.google.com/document/d/1bogJqITtx6qLy0QAP-93Q4ndD8yWWsHDKZl7SZXlJzs/edit?usp=sharing

Mod plans: ideaguying thread. Let's make Starbound great together.
docs.google.com/document/d/1BTvQY1q4XKfSNOee92GseDi7ZUe1k94FeHOUwizHBQo/edit?pref=2&pli=1

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/1dl7cv/death_animation_aka_poof_the_rabbit_disappeared/
nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/585/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Comfy Bases

Post characters.

Science is unable to explain why my character looks so good.

Might draw some characters after I wake up, but for now, goodnight.

Classy captain's quarters for a classy captain, I like it.

I have quite a bit of outfits and I'm constantly changing them. I'm also a retard who can't attach images.

Gear-chan is cute, CUTE!

/sbg/ Vanilla server when?

I had a qt lamia. She ate something bad and died
Then I had a bald human badass guy.
He fell into a well while hunting at night and died

>taco wings
...Should i feel bad for actually wanting then?

>taco wings
...Should i feel bad for actually wanting then?

Hahah it works!

CHUCKLEFISH GET ON IT!

I just recomposed a new piece
Hop onto GU if you care

>Be looking everywhere for a death animation mod
>Find a link to this thread
>Those comments.
These people I swear.
reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/1dl7cv/death_animation_aka_poof_the_rabbit_disappeared/

While I prefer to use a electric staff, I gained a sweet spot for the flamethrower.

So how do I give it a grenade launcher?

This image was supposed to be attached to the post but I actually forgot

Assault rifle + flame thrower combo weapon is my dream, haven't found one though.

Assault rifle + bounce/flashlight/grenade launcher is all I find.

Is there any mod that randomises the FIRST planet you start in?

I'd love to start in a desert/snowy biome/whatever that forces you to change your gameplay a bit.

Well fuck, forgot the image.

How would that force your gameplay to change?

ACT guy here. Would you like to play a game? Too bad, I can't code. Still, a new little thing for your carnie needs.

A little head's up for those that remotely care; I'm not gonna be showing as many updates in the next few weeks. I fell for the WoW meme, and will be playing that with some friends starting on Tuesday when the expansion hits. I work at home, so I will have a lot of spare time when my friends are at work to do more stuff for the update.

Hope you all have a splendid day.

I use a pretty good temperature mod so it would change a lot.
>Ice planets forces you to stay warm. Hunt by day and stay by the fire during the night.
>Tar planets would allow you to lure monsters there.
>Desert planets would force you to keep an eye on your water and keep yourself refreshed, and maybe wander around
>Lava/fire rain planets force you to look for a cave/settlement and be careful.
>Ruined planets have almost no plants and the constant raining ash makes it very hard to grow crops or trees. You better learn to sweep.
>Water planets are good for fishing and shit.
>Mountainous planets make you stay at the valleys, not being able to venture into the high peaks until you're geared to climb there (temp mod is affected by altitude, seriously, check that one out)

And that just with weather and temperature.

Have a splendid day too. You and the now missing CleFguy have done more than enough for this game already. What is your job

I own a small lawn care company. All I do is talk to clients at home and write checks, but otherwise I'm always chilling in my office all day. I have some rich clients who like me, so I get some good jobs all the time. It gets boring though, so I go help out at times even if I'm not needed.

CleFguy? Remind me, who was that again?

nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/585/?

This guy. He was updating his mod until something happened with FU. Can't remember what.

What is that top block on your background you're using for trim?

it's from FU, plasteel wall

Well, it's not spawning underground anymore. Time to start building another full dungeon.

Nice airlocks, though I'd put in vents and warning lights.

I aim to please

my buddy and I got drunk and made my character a half bear, half bird centaur. We're calling it the ursataur

I wandered around a bit on some moons, really nice mod but I pity those poor scientist's in their stations because they are unprotected from meteorites.

I was thinking more of those large vents from scorched bunkers, or the spinning fan ones from the old human bunkers/uscm prisons. Still nice improvement.

Oh and there's a red/green light in hylotl cities, would probably look neat if linked to the outside door (airlock cycling light)

microdungeons can only be a certain size, and i didn't have room to cram in a shield generator unfortunately.

Why if lush planets have warp gates to the ark are there still gates that spawn in orbit?

Yes.

Ah, ok didn't realise that but still that is indeed a really cool base .

>There is no complete set for the Miner's outfit

What's the difference between a glitch and my calculator?
My calculator doesn't think it's a knight

The pants are the iron pants humans craft. You can't be a full miner unless you're Human or find a human vendor on a forest/desert planet.

What did they say about the glitch that thought it was sentient?
It had a screw loose

That's bizarre. Thanks for the heads up.

Your calculator can also make complex graphs and even run low-level programs, assuming it's a graphing calculator.

>cell doors block light
10/10

>apex record player plays gangster rap
I wasn't expecting that with their soviet style furniture.

It doesn't play gangster rap it plays Jungle Love

He was making a joke that gangsters are just monkey thugs.
Because racism is inherently hilarious.

Does the german server have planet chat?

Yes, type /p to use it.

So, as a new player who jumped straight into Survival Mode, what should I be focusing on in the beginning?

Should I just use my starter planet and make a little base with a Flag, and use that for storage and farm until I find myself someplace more permanent?

Also, what plants should I focus on growing early, since shit rots so fast? I know I'll need cotton for something later on, but, after that, I have no clue

Wheat is always a good idea, since it stacks and doesn't rot, you can make bread from it any time.

Remember, dont be a part of the problem, purge the xenos.

I'm guessing I need the Kitchen upgrade to cook the fancier foods? I haven't seen anything too fancy for the Campfire.

Also, how much fuel does it normally take to jump systems? My starting zone had no Florians, so I can't even continue the basic story (already checked all my planets to be sure).

The thing that allows you to access more cooking is the Kitchen Counter, which you can craft from the Inventor's Table.. You unlock different recipes from cooking other foods or doing food related quests.
Things like stoves, campfire, and microwaves allow you to cook some simple things, like just straight up cooking normal meat.

Can't really help you with the fuel. Been so long since I had to worry about that. Just go to the moon and get some fuel. Make sure you have a EPP, which you get from the Smithy.

Fuel costs vary between 0-1000 depending on distance and your ship's fuel efficiency. Eventually you can warp the entire galaxy for no cost if you keep hiring engineers to crew your ship.

aight, thanks for the help. I just want to get set up and sustainable before I head out and really start exploring. It sucks trying to find weapons though, I can only ever find some shitty Pistols. Not even the machine ones, either.

I'm honestly half tempted to farm the Erchium mission just for the chests.

It's common to farm the erchius mission to get all the lunar base blueprints, but you'll get no worthwhile weapons there. Even the unique boss drop sucks. Just keep exploring more planets. Your main weapons for the time being should be craftables anyways.

I thought it never went over 500?

It used to be 1000. I can't say for sure about 1.0 though because engineers remove your fuel costs so fast it's not even funny.

Welcome to my shop please help me

Did you lock yourself in with secret doors?

Maybe
Yes

This is why everyone should play on survival.

welcome to your new life as an NPC

If I had the cash I would but it's like $30 a month for 20 slots.

What are the good mods

read the OP and draw your own conclusions

>Florians

Stop this.

Oh, sorry. Floren.

Install a buncha them. Contribute to the guide.

Honestly, that's more acceptable. At least that's how it's pronounced.

Cabbagers

Any modders here that know how to make an object spawn an entity on interaction, and make the object despawn? I tried to reverse engineer the eggs that fluffalo come from, but I've had no luck.

Should be. At least the guy who made mimics.

I wonder if this will work
This is not on any /sbg/ planet.

You could ditch the racials until you figure it out again. Or pinch the current frackin coding and hope for the best.

That was disappointing

>healing water repairs Glitch
>healing water doesn't repair vehicles
Explain this.

I remember trying that ages ago. I think if you put background behind the water it will change.

Glitch have unlimited self-repair capability only limited by their LARP AI.

Vehicles don't think they're alive.

Glitch r dum

I wonder if it would work with the bleeding mod.
Murdercraft it's called.

How to repair a Landraider:
Anoint vehicle with sacred oils.
Chant the 42 verses of Saint Tesla
flip the autorepair system switch to "on"
Placate the machine spirit.
Praise the Omnissiah.
Kill anyone who commits Tech Heresy

First room is done, only like 10-12 more rooms to go.

Try to recover the bunkers and it's unique monsters too

>irony

Praise be unto him.

Dead thread

>Po could be caught
>They also hit like trucks
>Now they can't be caught
>Now have 2 hp, near impossible to weaken anyway

I want my capturable poop back. They were great bomb pets.

>Can't just add the capturable tag to the monstertype file
>Need to edit their lua to allow capture
>Don't know anything about lua

So, are Glitch just Robot Orks? They believe in shit so much it just works?

Remember to watch your step friends, because Big Ape is all seeing.

They're sims. They're programmed to simulate middle age civilization, which requires eating and sleeping, bandaging wounds and dying of infection.