Sup faggots

Sup faggots
Today is the 15th anniversary of the fast & furious movie. Regardless of how shitty the series became the first one was decent and helped really raise tuner culture popularity.

My question is why was this movie geared specifically for ricers? Seriously..

The movie came out in 01, yet didn't have one ws6, m5, c5 vette, svt cobra, viper, they even left the vr4 out ... Why did this movie pander so much to shitbox jap traps and leave the real, fast nice cars of that era out ??? Its not so much that there were ricers in the movie its that it was ONLY ricers that bothered me, movie did nothing for the bmw or muscle car enthusiasts

The second movie had BMWs and muscle cars.

who cares

those are all shit and the people into sport compacts didnt care bout them

FnF became more shit when they started adding more higher end cars that werent tuners

> c4 vette, svt cobra, vr4
> fast nice cars

Well this was about the first movie. My first guess was budget constraints.. Much easier to cheap jap traps than new m5s and vettes but even those ricers were modded to fuck with custom paint jobs and body kits so they obv werent cheap either (custom paint jobs are expensive as fuck)

My guess is they did so the average kid watching could have cars they would look up to that we're actually within their reach:. Instead of watching some fantasy movie about dudes racing $75k cars make the movie with a bunch of jap heaps and the avg teen will think "hey i can buy this and start working on it/modding it myself'

>>butthurt ricer fag detected

Which late 90s/early 00s car would you prefer then ???

Id take a 94 EG hatch over all 3 of those let alone something like a 99 Si or 98 Type R

>Someone who wasn't even alive at the time

This movie wasn't about people showing up in brand new shiny-ass cars fresh off the lot, incase you missed that. It was about people who did their best to buy a car they loved and work on it, along with the culture that went around that.

Also what the fuck are you talking about, Dom's main car is an absolutely insane charger, how is that not appealing to muscle car enthusiasts?

But there was quite a few muscle cars
In Tokyo Drift (the most tuner-centric) the main guy uses a mustang for his final race

because they are shit

think about this, FnF1 didn't have that many musclecars, when the dodge becomes relevant a character dies

the second one had muscle cars and it was shit

tokyo drift started with a muscle car and a viper, and it was the cringiest part of all the movie

muscle cars ruined them

That was an abomination not a mustang. The only real mustangs are mustangs with 8 cylinders, preferably a 5.0 v8.

6 cylinders > 8 cylinders

that 6 cylinder was faster than every Mustang at that point in time

I unironically like FnF era rice.

Corvettes are for tryhards and so is shitposting.

>apples are redder than every orange you could buy in a grocery store
You can't compare heavily modified cars to factory spec cars.

a stock RB26DETT is faster than nearly every Mustang

Right right whatever you say. I have no idea what car that is because I don't know chassis codes for old nip racecars off the top of my head. Speak English.

but I must not arguing that. All I'm saying is that mustangs have v8s. That's the whole point.

all Im saying is that the RB26DETT in that Mustang even stock is faster

All I'm saying is that you're comparing a heavily modified car to a bone stock car. It's twin turbo and lighter is this a surprise to you?

except a stock RB26DETT is faster

Is it really though?

Do you have some kind of autism that inhibits your reading comprehension?

a stock RB26DETT in that Mustang would be faster than pretty much any stock V8 Mustang to that point in time

do you

who cares the V8 is shit when a twin turbo 6 exists

Forgetting that the mustang started with an inline 6 cylinder engine

Fucking pleb

>289hp
The v6 come with more power than that today you fucking weeb

Right right except if you take a v8 and slap a couple turbos on it you have an exponentially faster car.

You keep repeating stock like it means something. THE ENGINE HAS FI RESULTING IN MUCH HIGHER COMPRESSION. it's obviously faster than an engine with no FI. It doesn't matter if it was built by Ford or Nissan or some drag engine builder slapping 2 turbos on a 302, the engines can't be compared.

>modified vs stock

kek

look at this faggot

>4.9l cant do shit against a 2.6

>v8s
>faster than 6 cylinders

>My guess is they did so the average kid watching could have cars they would look up to that we're actually within their reach:. Instead of watching some fantasy movie about dudes racing $75k cars make the movie with a bunch of jap heaps and the avg teen will think "hey i can buy this and start working on it/modding it myself'

That was pretty much it, by the way.

>a stock RB26DETT in that Mustang would be faster than pretty much any stock V8 Mustang to that point in time
Except the V8's from the 60's and 70's (302, 351, 390, 427, etc.) all made more power than an rb26dett and so did the modular 4.6 that was in mustangs in 06 when Tokyo Drift came out. Not to mention Cobras and Terminators

all the wrong in that post

Stock rb26dett = 289hp
Stock modular 4.6 = 300hp
Stock 390 hipo = 335

nope

even a stock RB26DETT makes 280awhp simple bolt ons can do 340whp

modular aint got shit on that
thats gross hp and more like 250 in the real world lol

>rb28 in the Z-Tune
>510hp

no reason not to quote this when you are quoting shelby engines

Not much more last time i checked.. But i havent checked in a while since no one really gives a shit about v6s anyways

>>in b4 b..but muh ford gt

>NO! IT DOESN'T COUNT
BTFO!!!